~ Forums of Enroth ~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~ Forums of Enroth ~

The Enroth diehard fan community

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Songs of Conquest
H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 17 Icon_minitimeby Blake01 2024-04-07, 15:14

» ...to XP run...
H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 17 Icon_minitimeby CATMAN 2024-03-30, 03:16

» WARNING - The dreaded moment is here: Heroes 6 servers shutting down
H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 17 Icon_minitimeby Blake01 2024-03-29, 23:04

» Songs of Silence (HoMM like game)
H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 17 Icon_minitimeby Blake01 2024-03-27, 16:52

» Heroes Orchestra's 5th Birthday concerts with Paul Romero
H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 17 Icon_minitimeby rrravyn 2024-03-23, 22:45

» fheroes2 General Announcements
H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 17 Icon_minitimeby sirDranik 2024-03-17, 23:35

» Photo Gallery
H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 17 Icon_minitimeby Sir Albe 2024-03-07, 06:57

Poll
Global announcements should be:
Everlasting, 1 for each project.
H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 17 Redbar110%H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 17 Redbar12
 0% [ 0 ]
Temporary, when there is something new to announce.
H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 17 Redbar11100%H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 17 Redbar12
 100% [ 6 ]
Holalala... No idea where the Ultimate artifact is.
H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 17 Redbar110%H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 17 Redbar12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6
Most Viewed Topics
H3SW: General Graphics discussion
Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW
Introduce yourself
H3SW General Discussion
H3SW Map List: Work in progress
H3SW: Dwelling Development
Forum Admins Feed
The Floody Land
Enrothian Fan Art
Heroes III: The Succession Wars v0.8.1 Beta

Go down 
+33
Loom
robizeratul
Pitsu
satyrlord
badlemon
xxswwxx
Kantez
AkuAkuIslands
Ragoon
Orzie
Aescule
DeathLust
Abekat
Orothin
Graion Dilach
Radagast82
zxcv1234
buffkaz
Kivo
BoseDrache
Galaad
Uhm
Sir Albe
feanor
Agar
NikitaTheTanner
tophatchild
thgergo
Steven Aus
Tibor0803
Dr Slash
Thorjac
GodRage
37 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 22 ... 27  Next
AuthorMessage
NikitaTheTanner
Nomad
Nomad
NikitaTheTanner

Quality Points : 12
Registration Date : 2015-10-15

H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: About new creatures   H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 17 Icon_minitime2016-12-10, 21:54

Some quick thoughts about all the creatures in the lineups.

Knight - Crossbowman is the perfect choice. Fits the game and the faction, hopefully will provide some advantage to the Knight as a class. My only suggestion would be to rename Marksman to Arbalester, which is slightly more fitting, but still very generic. But that's just my 5 cents. Visually, I am impressed with the final result! Great job! Still wish there would be some upgrade to the Peasant, e.g. Militia =)

Sorceress - fawn looks really fitting in this town and the design is quite cool! My only idea would be to add an upgrade Fawn -> Satyr, changing the fur and hair colour from Brown to White, thus making it look even more fitting with the Unicorn, but that is optional.

Wizard - already shared my ideas. Gnome might be okay, but he should look different from the Mage and the Dwarf.

Barbarian - Harpy is cool, even the older one. The new one is great as well, just needs to be slightly more threatening, less pixie like. But it fits the castle well.

Necromancer - Black knight is awesome and looks great, even has some goofiness of the original line up, so definitely a good choice. I only hope that it can be balanced so that Vampires remain badass, but not too OP, they are one of my favs in HoMM 2.

Warlock - this choice is the most questionable in my opinion. No, in terms of gameplay and lore, it fits well, but in terms of style, it's a huge miss. Cacodemon would be more at home with the Heretic. Beholders fit the HoMM 3 so well, because overall style of the warlock was dark and perverted, while in HoMM 2 Warlock seems much more noble. To me, Warlock just screams of Faust and German poetry, romanticism and challenging gods and nature with your own strength. Its creatures are all noble and beautiful, even the Hydra. Beholder either needs a really big redesign or maybe some alternative, but that's again only IMHO

Still, overall - great progress guys! Thank you, SW team, for all the stuff you create!
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

Quality Points : 843
Registration Date : 2014-12-12

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: General Graphics discussion   H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 17 Icon_minitime2016-12-11, 06:10

An update of the both Crossbowmen. Seems okay to me.

H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 17 R2HadmW

Nomad
Nomad
NikitaTheTanner

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: General Graphics discussion   H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 17 Icon_minitime2016-12-11, 12:45

They both look really awesome! Even though the upgrade is kinda breaking the pattern from the classic, where nothing much changed, except for the colours. But I think it is for the best in this particular case, adds some variety. Both look really slick!

Though I personally wouldn't mind if some of the upgrades in the mod were simple recolours. I mean, it's already in the game and often. Having some "boring" recolour upgrades will definitely help to maintain the spirit of the old game, where it didn't have to be too creative with its creatures.
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: General Graphics discussion   H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 17 Icon_minitime2016-12-11, 14:54

Heroes 2 already have Zombie Mutants which allows us some freedom. Moreover, Knight troops are less likely to receive recolored upgrades simply because they are not recolored even in classics.

Yet, in the general case - yes, upgrades with little amount of new elements are intended.

Gargoyle
Gargoyle
Abekat

Quality Points : 1
Registration Date : 2016-11-07

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: General Graphics discussion   H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 17 Icon_minitime2016-12-12, 03:45

NikitaTheTanner wrote:

Warlock - this choice is the most questionable in my opinion. No, in terms of gameplay and lore, it fits well, but in terms of style, it's a huge miss. Cacodemon would be more at home with the Heretic. Beholders fit the HoMM 3 so well, because overall style of the warlock was dark and perverted, while in HoMM 2 Warlock seems much more noble. To me, Warlock just screams of Faust and German poetry, romanticism and challenging gods and nature with your own strength. Its creatures are all noble and beautiful, even the Hydra. Beholder either needs a really big redesign or maybe some alternative, but that's again only IMHO

Still, overall - great progress guys! Thank you, SW team, for all the stuff you create!

This. Also great progress on the harpy - nice to see how it 'evolves', it could look more threateting, as other members say though. but it really looks professionel Rock!
Back to top Go down
Steven Aus
Elf
Elf
Steven Aus

Quality Points : 38
Registration Date : 2015-07-21

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: General Graphics discussion   H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 17 Icon_minitime2016-12-13, 21:33

NikitaTheTanner wrote:
Some quick thoughts about all the creatures in the lineups.

I agree with this assessment of H2 and H3 Warlock.
Back to top Go down
Uhm
Vampire
Vampire
Uhm

Quality Points : 477
Registration Date : 2015-07-17

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: General Graphics discussion   H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 17 Icon_minitime2016-12-22, 01:28

Just started animating crossbowman:

H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 17 Ezgif_com_cropH3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 17 Ezgif_com_crop2

Well, Roland, it seems I've won our little contest.  But don't worry. Not only have I decided to spare your life, but I am appointing you monarch of the Western Tower.  Perhaps I will come and visit your splendid court, when you are not entertaining important rats and spiders.
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: General Graphics discussion   H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 17 Icon_minitime2016-12-22, 02:15

That will be enough for v0.8 beta, nice work. Now we need only Death and Shoot animations.
I don't speak about polishment because the static concept of the Crossbowman was not final (unlike Upg. Crossbowman which is much closer to completion). Upg. Crossbowman can be animated freely.

Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Harpy Final   H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 17 Icon_minitime2017-01-01, 22:05

A final improvement of the Harpy.

H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 17 VxwWdyR H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 17 KPf7u55

In fact, the Harpy was already complete when Docent Picolan suggested that variant for 2nd level. The only required fixes were the slight adjustment of the wings and general increase in size so it won't look as weak. It didn't need to be a hybrid of old Harpy (looking like a female pro bodybuilder with lots of dirty pixels) and the new feminine one, it just needed a careful fix.

I admit that I also could fix the testosteroned variant, but I would waste a lot more hours on it with a questionable result. For now, the Harpy seems to be balanced enough, with its size being in an acceptable range of level 3-4 special fighter (not tank, like the Iron Golem, or shooter, like the Crossbowman).

H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 17 4NcIhJG H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 17 RrO8cI6

Barbarian lineup:
Spoiler:

Harpy in H2 bestiary:
Spoiler:

The Faction Lineups and the Creature Animation threads are updated accordingly.

Last edited by Orzie on 2017-01-02, 03:16; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Dervish Lineup   H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 17 Icon_minitime2017-01-02, 03:06

Current situation with the Dervish lineup.

H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 17 MPyt4EF

In desperation after fruitless efforts of sorting things out with the Scorpion, I decided to try another idea for the Dervish using the draft of the Manticore by Docent Picolan. I was not successful in adding the tail because the creature already looked complete. The suggested attack option will be the poking style (somewhat similar to a Zombie) with the possible employment of teeth, or a lazy punch with a claw.

With the increased weight of black color the lineup gained much more uniformity. The upgraded line already seems to be looking much more harmonic, yet still I'm confused with Medusa and Genie, who were never designed to be in the same faction.

I don't know a possible solution to this without changing the colors of canonical creatures (Nomad, Medusa, Genie). Everything draws me toward this decision someday, because from the point of design, mixing all H2 neutrals together could never be a perfect idea.
So that, my suggestion is to leave things like this for v0.8 beta, and wait for the people's impressions.

x2:

Peasant
Peasant
DeathLust

Quality Points : 0
Registration Date : 2015-08-06

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: General Graphics discussion   H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 17 Icon_minitime2017-01-02, 03:56

Orzie wrote:
Current situation with the Dervish lineup.
I don't know a possible solution to this without changing the colors of canonical creatures (Nomad, Medusa, Genie).
You can always mount upgraded Nomad (Raider/Налётчик) on a black stallion for gaining yet much more uniformity.
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: General Graphics discussion   H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 17 Icon_minitime2017-01-02, 03:59

Still, that doesn't solve that problem in case of un-upgraded lineup.
An upgrade for the Nomad, called something like Raider, is possible in future, however.

Besides, too much black will create an impression of a regular army, which is unlikely because this cliche is used for the Knight. It's good to have balance.

Minotaur
Minotaur
Ragoon

Quality Points : 350
Registration Date : 2016-05-30

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: General Graphics discussion   H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 17 Icon_minitime2017-01-02, 05:24

The harpy is still too small imo. Wings enlarge her, but they seem like glued on, dont quite fit for me. So I dont like the result. (Colors of the feathers and fur(?) also dont match)

I can try to modify the manticore to fit better. About other neutrals.. My solution is to make acolyte belt green to fix medusa problem and to make upgraded genie a bit more green (like in my draft).
Or just make normal genie with a shade of blue more close to the nomad's details..

Quick look:
H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 17 G2iVeXn
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/ragoon97
NikitaTheTanner
Nomad
Nomad
NikitaTheTanner

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: General Graphics discussion   H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 17 Icon_minitime2017-01-02, 15:50

Slight changes, like the colour of the Genie, for example, are not so bad really! So, overall I like Ragoons' ideas. Glad to see possible presence of Manticore, but sad to see the Scorpion go away. Maybe the tail can be brought back if the Manticore is reworked somewhat? Just my 5 cents.

In terms of design, I have bigger gripes with Thieves and Rogues looking so Medieval European, when everything else has some sorta Oriental feel to it. Maybe the hood can be changed to a turban for the upgrade? Or something like that, not the same as the Acolyte. Colour wise it fits well, but not theme wise, at least not visually.

P.S. Yeah, the Harpy is still scrawny IMHO. Maybe I am wrong, but she doesn't feel as strong as other 4 level units. Probably level 3 is more like it. I actually really liked the new buff version by Ragoon, since it looked really powerful and unique. Even though I understand the desire to have pretty girls in the roster.
Back to top Go down
Ragoon
Minotaur
Minotaur
Ragoon

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: General Graphics discussion   H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 17 Icon_minitime2017-01-02, 21:23

Sadly, NikitaTheTanner - we cant make new design too much diferent from original one.
Possible solution is that they arrive the dervish city in carts. Other is very slight change in design, little inspired by assasins creed:
IMG:

H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 17 BOGUA5Q

What I changed is I made boots more spiky, more desert and a little longer chest piece.
It is really the only thing we can do about it, double, because it is animated already too (boots and chest piece is easy to add there).
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: General Graphics discussion   H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 17 Icon_minitime2017-01-03, 04:49

Ragoon wrote:
The harpy is still too small imo. Wings enlarge her, but they seem like glued on, dont quite fit for me. So I dont like the result. (Colors of the feathers and fur(?) also dont match)

Another fix coming a little later then. The wings were colored to satisfy the Troll's clothing.

Ragoon wrote:
About other neutrals.. My solution is to make acolyte belt green to fix medusa problem and to make upgraded genie a bit more green (like in my draft).
Or just make normal genie with a shade of blue more close to the nomad's details..

H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 17 G2iVeXn

Green is not good at all. A much simple and convenient decision is to make the Medusa brown from the very start, with some possible adjustments over the Medusa Queen concept.
The Genie can be recolored to the gamma you suggest, to satisfy the weapon color (light blue). If we are to change the Medusa, the Genie fix can also go well.
The upgrade for the Genie is not required for v0.8 and probably won't be required ever.

Ragoon wrote:
What I changed is I made boots more spiky, more desert and a little longer chest piece.
It is really the only thing we can do about it, double, because it is animated already too (boots and chest piece is easy to add there).

Yeah, that fix can possibly go well.

NikitaTheTanner wrote:
I actually really liked the new buff version by Ragoon, since it looked really powerful and unique.

The v3 Harpy was generally a frankenstein between v1 and v2, with lots of dirty pixels to fix (in comparison with generally clean v2, which was also posted by Ragoon). I suggest being patient and wait for the next iteration from me.
I don't trust v1 Harpy because it originates from the times of Mister Kalu and may have been very well taken from another game. Pretty looks play a secondary role here, yet I must especially point out that Heroes 2 doesn't have generally ugly bulky creatures (unlike Heroes 1).

P.S. Ragoon, ideas for the Manticore are very welcome. You can find the PSD with the lineup in Dropbox.

Minotaur
Minotaur
Ragoon

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: General Graphics discussion   H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 17 Icon_minitime2017-01-03, 05:13

V1 harpy XD
H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 17 XOxprsD

Orzie, I'll make medusa and queen too.
Back to top Go down
Ragoon
Minotaur
Minotaur
Ragoon

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: General Graphics discussion   H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 17 Icon_minitime2017-01-17, 10:53

I've made all lineups/buyable monsters at one place so one could compare/check them better, hope it will be useful for everyone Wink

H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 17 7qNuVio

Sir Albe
Mage
Mage
Sir Albe

Quality Points : 452
Registration Date : 2015-07-16

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: General Graphics discussion   H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 17 Icon_minitime2017-01-17, 11:03

Very nice! It gives a great overview of our creatures. Great job Smile
Back to top Go down
robizeratul
Elf
Elf
robizeratul

Quality Points : 32
Registration Date : 2015-07-01

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: General Graphics discussion   H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 17 Icon_minitime2017-01-18, 00:21

Amazing stuff Ragoon! Very clean and it's fun to see every creatures in one place. Hope you can add the upgrades when u have the time Very Happy just do Lv 1 Up 1, Lvl 2 Up 2....if you wish of course...

Some thoughts:

1)At first I didn't like it, but now I think it's cool that not all units have upgrades. It gives them some personality. The humans are all based on technology, so it make sense that each of them can get better armor, anyway I wish you guys will leave creatures without upgrades...

2)My 3 favorite creatures must be : The tree, the anubis dude, and the death knight. Many units look so good you can't tell the difference.

3) I would switch the lich and the death knight. Or you could do something clever and make them similar in strenght and also in growth ( that would be a cool twist). So instead of having a strong lvl 7 unit, weaker lvl 6 and even weaker lvl 5 you could ballance all 3. Make the dragon a little weaker but boost the other 2 while increasing stats and matching their growth. Is it too radical ?

4)The dervish lineup is very appropriate! Very good balance of creatures!

5)Most new creatures fit right in with the others...but I don't like the satyr. For the sorceres town it doesn't fit...at least I would love to see an animal instead. Something magical but not humanoid...

Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: General Graphics discussion   H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 17 Icon_minitime2017-01-18, 00:27

Ragoon wrote:
I've made all lineups/buyable monsters at one place so one could compare/check them better, hope it will be useful for everyone Wink

Great job! It's even useful for our social media, finally. I'll make minor improvements and prepare the posts.

It's okay that some creatures may be changed in future. Heroes 2 development history also keeps many promo screenshots with outdated content; it just shows the progress and the difference with the release version may also draw some hardcore fans' interest.

Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: General Graphics discussion   H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 17 Icon_minitime2017-02-04, 03:47

So here is what we have for the Harpy.

H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 17 F0Pmuh4

To be honest, I don't want to change its geometry further, to prevent distortion in body proportions (such elements like the breast are easily ruined upon the extension of the body). All what is possibly left is the color transitions, but it's already in an excellent shape for animation.

Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: General Graphics discussion   H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 17 Icon_minitime2017-02-04, 23:25

Final version of the Lizardman for the beta, if no one has objections. There are still some spots which can be improved, but it's not necessary for the release.

H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 17 BawGtte

H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 17 J6EWTYv

Mage
Mage
Sir Albe

Quality Points : 452
Registration Date : 2015-07-16

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: General Graphics discussion   H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 17 Icon_minitime2017-02-04, 23:41

No objections here - he looks great Smile
Back to top Go down
Aescule
Gargoyle
Gargoyle
Aescule

Quality Points : 8
Registration Date : 2017-02-04

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: General Graphics discussion   H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 17 Icon_minitime2017-02-05, 11:10

Simply Amazing. I especially love the new medusa and genies.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: General Graphics discussion   H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 17 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 27Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 22 ... 27  Next