~ Forums of Enroth ~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~ Forums of Enroth ~

The Enroth diehard fan community

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Songs of Conquest
H3SW General Discussion Icon_minitimeby Blake01 2024-04-07, 15:14

» ...to XP run...
H3SW General Discussion Icon_minitimeby CATMAN 2024-03-30, 03:16

» WARNING - The dreaded moment is here: Heroes 6 servers shutting down
H3SW General Discussion Icon_minitimeby Blake01 2024-03-29, 23:04

» Songs of Silence (HoMM like game)
H3SW General Discussion Icon_minitimeby Blake01 2024-03-27, 16:52

» Heroes Orchestra's 5th Birthday concerts with Paul Romero
H3SW General Discussion Icon_minitimeby rrravyn 2024-03-23, 22:45

» fheroes2 General Announcements
H3SW General Discussion Icon_minitimeby sirDranik 2024-03-17, 23:35

» Photo Gallery
H3SW General Discussion Icon_minitimeby Sir Albe 2024-03-07, 06:57

Poll
Global announcements should be:
Everlasting, 1 for each project.
H3SW General Discussion Redbar110%H3SW General Discussion Redbar12
 0% [ 0 ]
Temporary, when there is something new to announce.
H3SW General Discussion Redbar11100%H3SW General Discussion Redbar12
 100% [ 6 ]
Holalala... No idea where the Ultimate artifact is.
H3SW General Discussion Redbar110%H3SW General Discussion Redbar12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6
Most Viewed Topics
H3SW: General Graphics discussion
Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW
Introduce yourself
H3SW General Discussion
H3SW Map List: Work in progress
H3SW: Dwelling Development
Forum Admins Feed
The Floody Land
Enrothian Fan Art
Heroes III: The Succession Wars v0.8.1 Beta

H3SW General Discussion

Go down 
+50
Ergon
Blake01
ro
Planewalker
DanilaRud015
GREMLMYR
Drago
kuba11
summerloud
qrailer
Nigel
Juas
MartiusR
luk3Z
Werebion
Taiyoumaru
mORISman
number128
daedelus
Drindome
frog-sized-frog
Ermelloth
celebrindae
qlczas_PL
Wayshan
halapli
YhyJasne
Thamiar
xxswwxx
robizeratul
Ragoon
Zadr
Galaad
Radagast82
tanenorther
Maniek123404
Agar
buffkaz
rrravyn
Tibor0803
tophatchild
Uhm
Steven Aus
feanor
Roarkes
Unknown_Hero
Sir Albe
Amicus
GodRage
Orzie
54 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

Quality Points : 843
Registration Date : 2014-12-12

H3SW General Discussion Empty
PostSubject: H3SW General Discussion   H3SW General Discussion Icon_minitime2015-07-10, 05:47

Announcing a fresh screenshot from the upcoming v0.8 beta of the project.

We admit that many assets still need repairing, but it is a giant step forward from what was before.

H3SW General Discussion 1UXS2cq

GodRage likes this post

Back to top Go down
GodRage
Webmaster
Webmaster
GodRage

Quality Points : 228
Registration Date : 2009-09-21

PostSubject: Re: H3SW General Discussion   H3SW General Discussion Icon_minitime2015-07-10, 06:11

Wahouuu!!! Looks really good!!! ❤
Much more better than the previous one I played!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://homm2.free.fr
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: H3SW General Discussion   H3SW General Discussion Icon_minitime2015-07-10, 06:12

That's what I meant while telling you the 2013 beta is strongly outdated and doesn't satisfy the current state of the project lol
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: H3SW General Discussion   H3SW General Discussion Icon_minitime2015-07-11, 10:42

Another big conversion problem solved by feanor and me lately.
Finally, the maps will have beautiful, multi-colored Heroes 2 flags!

Any suggestions on the rest 2 player colors are welcome. Smile

H3SW General Discussion D26Nyzn
Back to top Go down
Amicus
Skeleton
Skeleton
Amicus

Quality Points : 3
Registration Date : 2015-06-30

PostSubject: Re: H3SW General Discussion   H3SW General Discussion Icon_minitime2015-07-12, 03:41

Black and white, maybe? That would be original.
Back to top Go down
https://www.behance.net/maciejamicusdadeer
GodRage
Webmaster
Webmaster
GodRage

PostSubject: Re: H3SW General Discussion   H3SW General Discussion Icon_minitime2015-07-12, 04:42

H3SW General Discussion H3sw_f10
I tried some with paint, only left flag of each "gate". Smile
For the 3 firsts i used colors of others flags, but for the last 4 I used colors from paint.

Can we change the flag shape?
Can we color the border of the flag? (always black here ^^)

Something I would enjoy to see in the game is that allied camp have same design on their flag (background of their team-color, but on it a little design showing they are fighting together.. :p)
if the flags was bigger we would be able to put much more design in it... But at this size, it won't be easy to draw a lion in the flag hahahaha xD

edit about the flags i made:
1/ just black vertical lines.
2/ bottom half is white. (but seems my eye mix them to make a kind of pink..)
3/ right half is red. (work better than the horizontal mix of the "2")
4/ drawing a dark blue H on the yellow flag. looks pretty cool.
5/ inside border in yellow (like a selected flag, or magical, or under fire.. strange effect. xD)
6/ black&dark greys on all but 1pixel line left. (looks like a mine of a destroyed mine..)
7/ some red points on the flag. (to few differences, and make the flag looking less fancy)
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: H3SW General Discussion   H3SW General Discussion Icon_minitime2015-07-12, 05:03

GodRage wrote:
Can we change the flag shape?

Yes, definitely. We have got 16 maintenance colors so practically we can make anything.
However, classic flags are to remain classic in the project. We might create specific objects with beautiful medieval-styled colored banners though. This feature can be nice for custom maps.

GodRage wrote:
Can we color the border of the flag? (always black here ^^)

Yes, we can. But we are not going to do so because the black border was in the classic game and provided fitting for all flags on all terrains.

Amicus wrote:
Black and white, maybe? That would be original.

Also thought about these ones - Heroes 3 beta actually intended these colors, and we can notice that in Keymaster's Tents. Currently we tend more towards turquoise and black. White can be easily mistaken with grey.
Back to top Go down
Sir Albe
Mage
Mage
Sir Albe

Quality Points : 452
Registration Date : 2015-07-16

PostSubject: Re: H3SW General Discussion   H3SW General Discussion Icon_minitime2015-08-15, 04:10

I see some interesting discussion about a trebuchet for the knight going on in the DF2 forum. Do anyone want to tell us non-russian speakers about it? Smile
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: H3SW General Discussion   H3SW General Discussion Icon_minitime2015-08-15, 16:09

As we know, the Knight will not have flying creatures in his lineup, which might make sieging castles for him harder. We think about an improved version of the catapult for this class, with more hp, two shots and maybe a different exterior. The class basic skill is going to be Leadership, but Knights will be able to receive Ballistics starting from level 3.
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: H3SW General Discussion   H3SW General Discussion Icon_minitime2015-09-07, 20:54

We proudly present the brand new project logo:

H3SW General Discussion H_1441565640_3262062_905d896c26

It should be used for various promo screenshots as well as in new main menu screen.
Back to top Go down
GodRage
Webmaster
Webmaster
GodRage

PostSubject: Re: H3SW General Discussion   H3SW General Discussion Icon_minitime2015-09-08, 03:38

Beautiful !!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sir Albe
Mage
Mage
Sir Albe

PostSubject: Re: H3SW General Discussion   H3SW General Discussion Icon_minitime2015-09-08, 07:49

Looks amazing!!! Great work.
Back to top Go down
Unknown_Hero
Mage
Mage
Unknown_Hero

Quality Points : 78
Registration Date : 2015-09-06

PostSubject: Re: H3SW General Discussion   H3SW General Discussion Icon_minitime2015-09-08, 07:51

Very nice!
Is the grey background supposed to be translucent?
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: H3SW General Discussion   H3SW General Discussion Icon_minitime2015-09-08, 17:26

Of course. The logo is necessary primarily for promo screenshots, info source web design and main menu.
Back to top Go down
Roarkes
Gargoyle
Gargoyle
Roarkes

Quality Points : 2
Registration Date : 2015-08-22

PostSubject: Re: H3SW General Discussion   H3SW General Discussion Icon_minitime2015-09-17, 06:17

On theyr site it writes :
Quote :
In your CLEAN SoD ( Shadow of Death ) or Heroes Complete folder, place the zipped file in the \mods folder, unzip, and it should extract a folder called '1 H2 Succession Wars'. ( Do not rename the file. )
This means that i must install first only Homm3 if i want or Shadow of Death, Heroes Complete ?
Back to top Go down
http://dosbox-turbo-tutorials.blogspot.com
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: H3SW General Discussion   H3SW General Discussion Icon_minitime2015-09-17, 07:22

I recommend to wait until the next version. It's not too much to wait.

To install the next version of the mod, you will need clean Heroes Complete from GoG.com.
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: H3SW General Discussion   H3SW General Discussion Icon_minitime2015-09-22, 05:04

Do you remember all those fancy HoMM2 fonts? As the other graphic elements of that game, they certainly added a lot to the comfortable fairy-tale atmosphere. H3SW Team was successful in implementing the fonts to HoMM3, creating the new font format. Now we can not only reproduce the original HoMM2 letters, but also design our own new elements to enrich the game's graphics. The prototype of such font can be seen on the first picture in the map name!

For those who does underestimate the importance of the presented update, we should clarify: the native HoMM3 fonts are monotonous and don't support half-transparent shadows and soft color transitions. Considering this aspect, they give in to HoMM2 fonts which look good even on beige backgrounds.

H3SW General Discussion Wd0M1BGH3SW General Discussion MqcQEPvH3SW General Discussion MshE1B8
Back to top Go down
Sir Albe
Mage
Mage
Sir Albe

PostSubject: Re: H3SW General Discussion   H3SW General Discussion Icon_minitime2015-09-22, 08:01

It all looks very gorgeous! One thing though; the gold font which spells "Surf and Turf" seems a bit blurry to me. The other fonts stand out clear and sharp, but this one is a bit less clear for me. Maybe it should be sharpened a bit?
Back to top Go down
Roarkes
Gargoyle
Gargoyle
Roarkes

PostSubject: Re: H3SW General Discussion   H3SW General Discussion Icon_minitime2015-09-23, 05:51

Sir Albe wrote:
It all looks very gorgeous! One thing though; the gold font which spells "Surf and Turf" seems a bit blurry to me. The other fonts stand out clear and sharp, but this one is a bit less clear for me. Maybe it should be sharpened a bit?

It is only a minimum of two shades of yellow.
Back to top Go down
Roarkes
Gargoyle
Gargoyle
Roarkes

PostSubject: Re: H3SW General Discussion   H3SW General Discussion Icon_minitime2015-09-23, 05:55

Orzie wrote:
I recommend to wait until the next version. It's not too much to wait.

To install the next version of the mod, you will need clean Heroes Complete from GoG.com.

What abous ms-dos ?
Back to top Go down
feanor
Master Modder
Master Modder
feanor

Quality Points : 65
Registration Date : 2015-06-30

PostSubject: Re: H3SW General Discussion   H3SW General Discussion Icon_minitime2015-09-23, 08:16

About what?
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: H3SW General Discussion   H3SW General Discussion Icon_minitime2015-09-23, 13:59

There is no "ms dos" for Heroes 3, Roarkes. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sir Albe
Mage
Mage
Sir Albe

PostSubject: Re: H3SW General Discussion   H3SW General Discussion Icon_minitime2015-09-24, 08:28

I just read the plan for our coming releases on HC and I must say you got it all very well organised. The content of each versions seemed to be realistic regarding our work progress, so I hope the best. I am currently continuing the work on the resizing of the barbarian portraits and they will be finish quite soon.

Last edited by Sir Albe on 2016-08-11, 23:48; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Steven Aus
Elf
Elf
Steven Aus

Quality Points : 38
Registration Date : 2015-07-21

PostSubject: Re: H3SW General Discussion   H3SW General Discussion Icon_minitime2015-09-24, 09:44

Yes, the fonts look fantastic! And even though I didn't realize why until now, the default H3 fonts were a big part of what made H3 look drab compared to H2. The colour scheme too, but you can't underestimate the big difference great fonts make compared to poor fonts!
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: H3SW General Discussion   H3SW General Discussion Icon_minitime2015-09-24, 16:37

Sir Albe wrote:
I just read the plan for our coming releases on HC and I must say you got it all very well organised. The content of each versions seemed to be realistic regarding our work progress, so I hope the best. I am currently continuing the work on the resizing of the barbarian portraits and they will be finish quiet soon.

Yeah. I planned to send it to the team members via PM, but I didn't have time. Sorry for that.
We can discuss the plans here - perhaps someone has better suggestions for what to have in our next releases.

The approximate plans for milestone releases can be currently presented as following.

v0.8 beta: First stable release. Redesigned artifact system. Completely redesigned faction hero roster. Redesigned hero system. Completely remade Knight and Dervish townscreens. Completely re-packed map objects and terrains. New Witch castle opera soundtrack. Completely redesigned game menus and interfaces. 10+ our new creatures (in static form) to replace the placeholders of old versions. Severely revised (if not re-done from scratch) game script file. New mod installation system. Blocked WoG options. Dozens of other new features.
Coming Nov/Dec 2015.

v0.9 beta: Further polishment. Redesigned magic system. Further graphic updates and enrichment of the map list. Final versions of castle lineups, new creature animation. Balance improvements. New Dervish castle opera soundtrack.
Chances to be released: very good.

v1.0: First official complete release. 95% of game graphics presented in final or pre-final development stages. Roland and Archibald's campaigns put for the first campaign section. Final graphic improvements, several new graphic assets, final conversions of Heroes 3 objects. Complete H1-H2-H3 map list + (probably) several new ones with the maximum object diversity. (probably) the ERA minimod concept to replace WoG options completely.
Chances to be released: good.

v2.0. Second official complete release. New objects (Castle-styled Garrisons, Walls, etc., etc.). The Heretic faction. The second campaign section "The Mandate of Heaven" containing new campaigns covering the further storyline of Enroth and featuring the Witch, the Dervish and the Heretic castles. New maps featuring the maximum object diversity. Heretic castle opera soundtrack. (probably) Further development of the ERA minimod concept for gameplay customization options. Further balance improvements.
Chances to be released: medium.

v3.0. Third and final official complete release. New objects. The 10th faction. The third campaign section featuring new campaigns which are to cover the newest history of Enroth. The glorious end.
Chances to be released: unknown.

Steven Aus wrote:
Yes, the fonts look fantastic!  And even though I didn't realize why until now, the default H3 fonts were a big part of what made H3 look drab compared to H2.  The colour scheme too, but you can't underestimate the big difference great fonts make compared to poor fonts!

Oh yeah. I can't imagine what would happen to Mister Kalu's development without these fonts. I recall him trying to place it as a whole picture, but that is really a mess. The project needed a professional programmer, and fortunately, feanor is.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: H3SW General Discussion   H3SW General Discussion Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

H3SW General Discussion
Page 1 of 14Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next