~ Forums of Enroth ~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~ Forums of Enroth ~

The Enroth diehard fan community

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Songs of Conquest
H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 18 Icon_minitimeby Mefista Yesterday at 09:29

» The YouTube thread
H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 18 Icon_minitimeby Sir Albe 2024-05-14, 06:13

» ...to XP run...
H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 18 Icon_minitimeby CATMAN 2024-03-30, 03:16

» WARNING - The dreaded moment is here: Heroes 6 servers shutting down
H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 18 Icon_minitimeby Blake01 2024-03-29, 23:04

» Songs of Silence (HoMM like game)
H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 18 Icon_minitimeby Blake01 2024-03-27, 16:52

» Heroes Orchestra's 5th Birthday concerts with Paul Romero
H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 18 Icon_minitimeby rrravyn 2024-03-23, 22:45

» fheroes2 General Announcements
H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 18 Icon_minitimeby sirDranik 2024-03-17, 23:35

Poll
Global announcements should be:
Everlasting, 1 for each project.
H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 18 Redbar110%H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 18 Redbar12
 0% [ 0 ]
Temporary, when there is something new to announce.
H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 18 Redbar11100%H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 18 Redbar12
 100% [ 6 ]
Holalala... No idea where the Ultimate artifact is.
H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 18 Redbar110%H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 18 Redbar12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6
Most Viewed Topics
H3SW: General Graphics discussion
Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW
Introduce yourself
H3SW General Discussion
H3SW Map List: Work in progress
H3SW: Dwelling Development
Forum Admins Feed
The Floody Land
Enrothian Fan Art
Heroes III: The Succession Wars v0.8.1 Beta

Go down 
+33
Loom
robizeratul
Pitsu
satyrlord
badlemon
xxswwxx
Kantez
AkuAkuIslands
Ragoon
Orzie
Aescule
DeathLust
Abekat
Orothin
Graion Dilach
Radagast82
zxcv1234
buffkaz
Kivo
BoseDrache
Galaad
Uhm
Sir Albe
feanor
Agar
NikitaTheTanner
tophatchild
thgergo
Steven Aus
Tibor0803
Dr Slash
Thorjac
GodRage
37 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 22 ... 27  Next
AuthorMessage
Uhm
Vampire
Vampire
Uhm

Quality Points : 477
Registration Date : 2015-07-17

H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: H3SW: General Graphics discussion   H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 18 Icon_minitime2017-02-05, 11:34

Yes, he looks even better than his relatives from Tatalia Smile

Well, Roland, it seems I've won our little contest.  But don't worry. Not only have I decided to spare your life, but I am appointing you monarch of the Western Tower.  Perhaps I will come and visit your splendid court, when you are not entertaining important rats and spiders.
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

Quality Points : 843
Registration Date : 2014-12-12

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: General Graphics discussion   H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 18 Icon_minitime2017-02-06, 05:33

Suggestions from DF2 forums by dr0n:

H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 18 J_Ujwg_Xo
Roc-styled wings with a more fitting texture. Yet, the current option still requires improvement. Roc's wings is not what we tried to make while avoiding the duplicate of Griffin's wings.

H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 18 F0_Pm_uh4
Legit improvement of the Satyr. Yet, the animations will need to be updated accordingly, probably DrSlash will find time for it.

A better torso for the Crossbowman, fitting good enough (but the strip should be improved a little). Can be pasted to the already available Walk animation with no trouble.

dr0n also points out that the static design of the Beholder is not looking ready for combat like all the other creatures which are somewhat stressed and their upper parts are shifted to the right side a little bit. I think we can make this adjustment easily for the Standing animation (using photoshop's Rotate feature or taking a frame from Getting Hit animation).

New suggestion from Docent Picolan concerning the perspective of the Satyr. The leg posture still requires improvement.
H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 18 H_1486317473_3251584_28dc77ec07

Mage
Mage
Sir Albe

Quality Points : 452
Registration Date : 2015-07-16

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: General Graphics discussion   H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 18 Icon_minitime2017-02-06, 07:22

I can't quiet decide between the satyrs. I find the current one very good, and I am not sure I like what has been changed, especially the hairy legs concerns me. I guess they can be hairy, but it seems to much imo. I approve the leg posture change though.

Not all ranged creatures have their daggers shown at their static sprite, so the crossbowman doesn't have to. I think he looked good as he did and I don't find the changes appealing.

I see the thing with the beholder and agrees. A bit sad when so much of the animation has already been done.
Back to top Go down
Uhm
Vampire
Vampire
Uhm

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: General Graphics discussion   H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 18 Icon_minitime2017-02-06, 11:33

I like the changes to the Satyr. He looks much tougher, more like a tier 4 creature than before. Also making him more sharp and hairy is a big step.

But still, today the winner is... Very Happy

H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 18 Bez_tddytu_u

Well, Roland, it seems I've won our little contest.  But don't worry. Not only have I decided to spare your life, but I am appointing you monarch of the Western Tower.  Perhaps I will come and visit your splendid court, when you are not entertaining important rats and spiders.
Back to top Go down
Ragoon
Minotaur
Minotaur
Ragoon

Quality Points : 350
Registration Date : 2016-05-30

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: General Graphics discussion   H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 18 Icon_minitime2017-02-06, 12:33

Sir Albe wrote:
Not all ranged creatures have their daggers shown at their static sprite, so the crossbowman doesn't have to. I think he looked good as he did and I don't find the changes appealing.
But that's not a dagger, it's a quiver Rolling Eyes

Orzie wrote:
dr0n also points out that the static design of the Beholder is not looking ready for combat like all the other creatures which are somewhat stressed and their upper parts are shifted to the right side a little bit.
But beholder doesn't have to, he attacks with a stare unlike any other creature. I've created frame for you anyway, fixed it quite too:

H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 18 HvDsX8O

Final fixes to both lizardman, changed shade of the strip slightly and warrior tail & neck

H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 18 M24tPXJ

Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: General Graphics discussion   H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 18 Icon_minitime2017-02-06, 17:51

It seems that the Lizardmen by far are the best looking creatures presented in the upcoming beta. Smile

Mage
Mage
Sir Albe

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: General Graphics discussion   H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 18 Icon_minitime2017-02-06, 23:02

My bad, it looked like a scabbard to me.

One thing, if the lizardman has 3 toes, then his feet are turned too much. I said this before, but I think it applies to him as well. (Sorry, I know I complained about this 100 times already)

H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 18 H5fVfn2

//EDIT Ragoon
Better? :

Sir Albe: Better Smile
Back to top Go down
Aescule
Gargoyle
Gargoyle
Aescule

Quality Points : 8
Registration Date : 2017-02-04

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: General Graphics discussion   H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 18 Icon_minitime2017-02-07, 08:14

I like all of the work. The Lizardman especially looks very cool and fits the aesthetic well. His upgrade transition fits well; it reminds me particularly of the Troll to War Troll transition.

In noticing the new archer classes, a thought had occurred to me about the nature of their attack patterns. As we all know, some archers attack once, while others attack twice. Could an archer potentially attack two opponents at once, as in the case of firing two arrows in different directions? That is a pattern we have not seen yet! I do not know how plausible that would be, but I thought it was a cool thought at least!

Keep up the good work!
Back to top Go down
Ragoon
Minotaur
Minotaur
Ragoon

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: General Graphics discussion   H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 18 Icon_minitime2017-02-07, 08:46

Aescule, we should ask feanor, because he is programmer.
I'm personally interested if it is even possible, but I would prefer more H5 style of this skill.
So, when making your turn with an archer you could choose between normal shot or area of effect rain of arrows, like 3x3 squares (in H3 it would be like a fireball) with total of 2x damage but split between all hexes equally, so It would be beneficial only in specific situations where almost all hexes would hit.

Aescule
Gargoyle
Gargoyle
Aescule

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: General Graphics discussion   H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 18 Icon_minitime2017-02-07, 14:38

Ragoon wrote:
Aescule, we should ask feanor, because he is programmer.
I'm personally interested if it is even possible, but I would prefer more H5 style of this skill.
So, when making your turn with an archer you could choose between normal shot or area of effect rain of arrows, like 3x3 squares (in H3 it would be like a fireball) with total of 2x damage but split between all hexes equally, so It would be beneficial only in specific situations where almost all hexes would hit.

That would be awesome. If something like that could be done then it would really diversify the archers. That and maybe elemental effects on the arrows themselves? Another idea, borrowing a page from the spellbook, would be to make a magical archer whose native attack would be the "Magic Arrow" spell, itself. Perhaps the advantage to this would be that it negates defense ratings of enemy units. It could be kind of a every-so-often kind of ability, like the Medusa's Stare or the Cyclops' Paralyze

Back to top Go down
Ragoon
Minotaur
Minotaur
Ragoon

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: General Graphics discussion   H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 18 Icon_minitime2017-02-07, 20:25

Aescule, while I was interested in first option, this next ideas are way too much for H2. Remember that the game should be as simple as possible.
And even first option if ever added, should be exclusive to only one creature, upgrade. I'm not even sure which one. We've got liches too, so maybe that's enough.

Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: General Graphics discussion   H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 18 Icon_minitime2017-02-08, 01:12

Quote :
And even first option if ever added, should be exclusive to only one creature

I like how your thoughts flow together with mine.
Yes, all abilities in Heroes 2 are in fact unique except the resistances to certain spells.

Concerning new abilities - some will surely appear in future, but not for v0.8 where we try to make something worth looking and more or less playable at the same time, mostly routines.
Concerning Lizardman's abilities - I had some thoughts. There are some options to consider, but fun fact is that only those abilities which are liked by feanor will be implemented. Lol. Good thing is that the abilities mentioned below still might appear.

- "Shoots back." Inspired by Heroes 4 combat system. An ability to shoot back after the first hit by an enemy shooter. Useful against shooters, especially those who attack twice. (Probably) also working with the Counterstrike spell making a creature able to shoot back every time it is attacked on distance. In my opinion, a nice solution to make Lizardmen worthy enough for 3rd level, since the only useful 3rd level shooters in Heroes 2 were Elves due to their double attack and high speed of Grand Elves. Also contributes to the defensive character of Witch creatures and Witch playing style (in contrary to Barbarian and Dervish who are more attack-oriented). Having a tougher 3rd level shooter with single attack but range retaliation ability seems to be a more or less fitting alternative to Elves.

- "Retreats when attacked". A bit strange option, but I should add it so everyone could see that we at least consider these options. The stack moves back for 1 hex when attacked in melee so it is harder to block its shooting ability (but still not impossible). Also contributes to the defensive character of Witch.

- "Unblockable". A more polished version of the previous ability, self-descriptive.

Elf
Elf
Agar

Quality Points : 160
Registration Date : 2015-07-21

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: General Graphics discussion   H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 18 Icon_minitime2017-02-08, 01:37

long-suffering comrade..)
H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 18 Be01f47fa2ff
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: General Graphics discussion   H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 18 Icon_minitime2017-02-08, 01:48

Looking good! Only the right arm seems to be moving too much, which should be an easy fix.

Minotaur
Minotaur
Ragoon

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: General Graphics discussion   H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 18 Icon_minitime2017-02-08, 01:56

I also think that his hair should be more visible behind his arm when it goes towards the front

Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: General Graphics discussion   H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 18 Icon_minitime2017-02-08, 01:59

Yeah, the plume is pretty long in the MM6 prototype as well.

Minotaur
Minotaur
Ragoon

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: General Graphics discussion   H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 18 Icon_minitime2017-02-08, 02:07

You can use my projects on dropbox (if you havent already).
I'll post parts here too:

H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 18 TvZfDC0

Aescule
Gargoyle
Gargoyle
Aescule

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: General Graphics discussion   H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 18 Icon_minitime2017-02-08, 02:21

Ragoon, good input all around. It's no good trying to implement ideas if they throw off the balance of the game or are too difficult to implement. Still, it is always fun to brainstorm and to think of new possibilities. The "shoot back" option that Orzie spoke of is a pretty interesting idea. As well as the retreat option after being hit by an enemy melee attacker, because we all know how ineffective archers become once cornered. An interesting tactic that comes to mind, would be an ability where these two potentials are combined, in that (if possible given enough space) the melee attacker hits the archer, the archer then backs up at least one hex, and fires an arrow as a retaliation.
Back to top Go down
Ragoon
Minotaur
Minotaur
Ragoon

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: General Graphics discussion   H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 18 Icon_minitime2017-02-08, 02:56

Aescule, that's what centaur did in H5, worked well, but felt very aggresive rather than defensive.

Aescule
Gargoyle
Gargoyle
Aescule

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: General Graphics discussion   H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 18 Icon_minitime2017-02-08, 03:05

I could see that, especially since the the melee advantage over the archer makes up for the range advantage over the melee attacker. The ability to potentially side-step that might throw off the balance a bit.
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: General Graphics discussion   H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 18 Icon_minitime2017-02-14, 04:55

Gentlemen, what do you think about some suggestions on DF2 forums? I must admit that this kind of wings fit to the Harpy more, although currently they look a little bit too close to the Roc's ones. The pants still must be recolored, too.

There in fact was another one which I missed (dr0n likes editing his old posts for 100 times in a row instead of writing new ones). It's far from perfect, too, but a more heraldic shape for the Manticore may probably (probably) look better than a current stance. Don't think that the suggested variant is 100% the right way to go though, but you get the general idea.
H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 18 1k_L7m_S_h_2

Pikeman
Pikeman
AkuAkuIslands

Quality Points : 27
Registration Date : 2017-02-10

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: General Graphics discussion   H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 18 Icon_minitime2017-02-14, 05:14

I like the new wings on the harpy and I don't think they look too similar to roc wings, hard to say with one frame. The brown area between the wings and the shoulder bothers me more.

I personally wouldn't sit the manticore down, it makes him a bit tame. Like a house cat Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: General Graphics discussion   H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 18 Icon_minitime2017-02-14, 05:17

It's even more looking like it's sitting to take a poo lol or at least similar to the Toad stance.
But anyway, there might be some solutions.

Vampire
Vampire
Uhm

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: General Graphics discussion   H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 18 Icon_minitime2017-02-14, 07:23

New wings for Harpy looks better. I would leave her pants as they are, scale visualy fits her well, I don't think that it needs to be changed.

I am rather sceptical about sitting Manticore. It's war! In this position he can only lazily flick his paw on enemies. Razz

Back to top Go down
Sir Albe
Mage
Mage
Sir Albe

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: General Graphics discussion   H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 18 Icon_minitime2017-02-14, 07:46

Agree with Uhm.

Why would the manticore ever sit down? It does nothing good in my opinion Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: General Graphics discussion   H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 18 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 27Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 22 ... 27  Next