~ Forums of Enroth ~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~ Forums of Enroth ~

The Enroth diehard fan community

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» fheroes2 General Announcements
H3SW: General Graphics discussion Icon_minitimeby sirDranik 2024-03-17, 23:35

» Photo Gallery
H3SW: General Graphics discussion Icon_minitimeby Sir Albe 2024-03-07, 06:57

» Heroes Orchestra's 5th Birthday concerts with Paul Romero
H3SW: General Graphics discussion Icon_minitimeby Sir Albe 2024-03-07, 06:55

» Polskie powitanie
H3SW: General Graphics discussion Icon_minitimeby rrravyn 2024-03-05, 04:02

» Heroes II localisation: how to make no-CD patch.
H3SW: General Graphics discussion Icon_minitimeby kiku 2024-02-19, 02:43

» WARNING - The dreaded moment is here: Heroes 6 servers shutting down
H3SW: General Graphics discussion Icon_minitimeby Blake01 2024-02-17, 15:25

» Forum Admins Feed
H3SW: General Graphics discussion Icon_minitimeby GodRage 2024-02-15, 22:10

Poll
Global announcements should be:
Everlasting, 1 for each project.
H3SW: General Graphics discussion Redbar110%H3SW: General Graphics discussion Redbar12
 0% [ 0 ]
Temporary, when there is something new to announce.
H3SW: General Graphics discussion Redbar11100%H3SW: General Graphics discussion Redbar12
 100% [ 6 ]
Holalala... No idea where the Ultimate artifact is.
H3SW: General Graphics discussion Redbar110%H3SW: General Graphics discussion Redbar12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6
Most Viewed Topics
H3SW: General Graphics discussion
Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW
Introduce yourself
H3SW General Discussion
H3SW Map List: Work in progress
H3SW: Dwelling Development
Forum Admins Feed
The Floody Land
Enrothian Fan Art
Heroes III: The Succession Wars v0.8.1 Beta

Go down 
+33
Loom
robizeratul
Pitsu
satyrlord
badlemon
xxswwxx
Kantez
AkuAkuIslands
Ragoon
Orzie
Aescule
DeathLust
Abekat
Orothin
Graion Dilach
Radagast82
zxcv1234
buffkaz
Kivo
BoseDrache
Galaad
Uhm
Sir Albe
feanor
Agar
NikitaTheTanner
tophatchild
thgergo
Steven Aus
Tibor0803
Dr Slash
Thorjac
GodRage
37 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 27  Next
AuthorMessage
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

Quality Points : 843
Registration Date : 2014-12-12

H3SW: General Graphics discussion Empty
PostSubject: H3SW: General Graphics discussion   H3SW: General Graphics discussion Icon_minitime2015-07-18, 03:49

Hey fellow H3SW team members, now we start developing this forum branch to provide effective discussions of various aspects of the project.

This thread is dedicated to Graphics. Feel free to post here your assets for discussion.
We will see if this thread will be enough - perhaps we will split this topic to more specific topics on various graphic assets.

For now, here are the flags feanor and I made for flagged objects. Your opinions? IMO black looks good.

H3SW: General Graphics discussion Io2VUZD

Last edited by Orzie on 2016-12-30, 03:34; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sir Albe
Mage
Mage
Sir Albe

Quality Points : 452
Registration Date : 2015-07-16

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: General Graphics discussion   H3SW: General Graphics discussion Icon_minitime2015-07-18, 04:02

Great thread indeed. Now we can begin the discussion Ally win
I like both the dwellings (amazing) and the flags. I see you also featured the gray and tan colors. I must say that tan is not really working out for me, but I guess that was only for fun that you made it Smile Both the black and especially the teal colors are very fitting.
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: General Graphics discussion   H3SW: General Graphics discussion Icon_minitime2015-07-18, 04:09

Nice to hear! Tan flag is a separate hero def flag made by Uhm back in the time. Fortunately, we are more free now in the choice of colors.

Vampire
Vampire
Uhm

Quality Points : 477
Registration Date : 2015-07-17

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: General Graphics discussion   H3SW: General Graphics discussion Icon_minitime2015-07-18, 04:31

Okay, I admit black looks good Razz . Teal can be confused with blue, but I think it could stay as it is. Orange looks a bit strange to me, more brown, but maybe it's procured by dragon's red glow?

I was testing our mod in HD and it seems that we can implement new interface elements by changing palette to indexed in photoshop.

https://2img.net/h/oi60.tinypic.com/ibce8g.jpg
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: General Graphics discussion   H3SW: General Graphics discussion Icon_minitime2015-07-18, 04:35

True, orange is darker. This is because of some technical restrictions because we used classic yellow flag as a mask, while classic Heroes 2 palette has a less smooth orange gradient than it is for other colors. So that it is not the same as classic orange. But I think it still looks good with this saturation.

Well, I didn't doubt about HD Mod Smile The trouble with it is that its data is loaded OVER h3sw. I will have to contact Baratorch and persuade him to add our interface pieces to HD Mod resources. I think it's possible.

By the way, I think somewhat similarity between Teal and Blue can work nice for the maps atmosphere where we could add them as allies, for example. If put near each other, they obviously differ.

Webmaster
Webmaster
GodRage

Quality Points : 228
Registration Date : 2009-09-21

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: General Graphics discussion   H3SW: General Graphics discussion Icon_minitime2015-07-18, 05:10

I already had some problems in H2 with purle/blue flags, and yellow/orange/red flags.

I don't know if it can have any interest for you here, but as a colour-blind, I am sure to mistake some flags.
I circled in same colors the flags I was going to see in the same way.

H3SW: General Graphics discussion Flags-10
the 2 white circles of bottom are same. The 3 white circles on the right are same. (but not the left white circle with top-right white circles).
Also, black circle and the gargoyles white circle can easily be mistaken for colour-blinds. But... colour-blinds are few % of population... I don't know if we must care about it or not. I just wanted to notice ^^ (and so.. I can't help you with theses flags, just wishing good luck! Very Happy)

In H3 the "exchange cursor" (or sword cursor) on the heroes was very helpful to know if it was ally or enemy. (Because finally that's the main matter here ^^)

Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: General Graphics discussion   H3SW: General Graphics discussion Icon_minitime2015-07-18, 05:26

That sounds bad because we don't have a solution unfortunately (especially counting you experienced troubles with the original game). The only way to determine a color will be the text panel which we have in the bottom of the screen where all object info should be displayed.

Mage
Mage
Sir Albe

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: General Graphics discussion   H3SW: General Graphics discussion Icon_minitime2015-07-18, 05:34

I am sorry to hear about the flags being indistinguishable for you. As Orzie said it might not be possible for us to fix, while still having the colors that resemble the H2 palette. Maybe we can create you a mini mod someday with colors that you can distinguish from each other.
Back to top Go down
GodRage
Webmaster
Webmaster
GodRage

Quality Points : 228
Registration Date : 2009-09-21

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: General Graphics discussion   H3SW: General Graphics discussion Icon_minitime2015-07-18, 06:28

No problem, you don't have to be sorry, the game (the world!! ) is like that. Wink

I doubt that someday there is nothing else to do than the colour-blind mod. Twisted Evil

But something that would fix colour-blind problems and be something "cool", it's giving the possibility to players to design their own flag/blazons. Or a kind of blazon that would appear in the "little popup window" when we right-click in the adventure map. ^^ somewhere the player's logo is broadcasted... For computers it would be their "player's number".
I will try to draw my idea... ^^
H3SW: General Graphics discussion Flags-11

For the mines, there isn't the problem because in the right-click's popup it says "owned by the player Orange" (for exemple). Smile (but if I don't know I am the Orange player I will want to take my own mine! hahahaha lol! )

Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: General Graphics discussion   H3SW: General Graphics discussion Icon_minitime2015-07-18, 06:31

Well, I must remind that we have heralds for each color:
H3SW: General Graphics discussion 0002H3SW: General Graphics discussion 0001H3SW: General Graphics discussion 0005

etc.

We will have minimized versions of them. We might probably add the mini-versions of them to the hero info panel. I should ask feanor about such possibility. I think it will be a nice feature for everyone.

Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Dwelling Placeholders   H3SW: General Graphics discussion Icon_minitime2015-07-20, 06:35

This time I would like to propose this kind of placeholders for v0.8. Just because we don't have fancy graphics for all dwellings but it would be nice to save functionality of maps for v0.8, I thought it could be relevant to put these neat placeholders on the maps. They must satisfy the 2-square passability rule (left square red, right square yellow), have a humble shadow and a clear text marker describing the faction and creature tier.

H3SW: General Graphics discussion DLBCseKH3SW: General Graphics discussion FkfXEm0

The advantage of this decision is that we will clearly position these as placeholders (rather than FINAL GRAPHICS) to users so there will be no trouble with explanations like it was before. Also, the maps we convert and create will not be broken when we will replace these objects with new H2-styled graphics - there will be no need to delete and add objects to Objects.txt. The new fancy flag we created will be present so it will not ruin the gaming impressions so much.

If the team is okay with this idea, I will prepare a template for all factions so we will be easily able to pack these for all vacancies. Also if I am supported in this, I will work more on the sphere and give it proper color transitions. Currently it's a rough draft.

Mage
Mage
Sir Albe

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: General Graphics discussion   H3SW: General Graphics discussion Icon_minitime2015-07-20, 07:03

I got my full support on that. It already looks good, but neither the black or white text looks proper on the sphere, but I am not sure it can be done better though.
Back to top Go down
Sir Albe
Mage
Mage
Sir Albe

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: General Graphics discussion   H3SW: General Graphics discussion Icon_minitime2015-07-20, 08:10

Can I just tell you and Uhm that playing the mod with the animated ocean, the flowing rivers and new graphics is incredible! I am stunned really... I never though it would be so amazing! It is the first time I see it for myself in the actual mod and what a great feature. I am really amazed by this guys Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: General Graphics discussion   H3SW: General Graphics discussion Icon_minitime2015-07-20, 08:14

The oceans are bugged. We must re-make the plugin because the colors have wrong cycling ranges, and the water def file should be also recompiled.

But yes, the first look after non-animated oceans was also amazing. Very Happy

Mage
Mage
Sir Albe

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: General Graphics discussion   H3SW: General Graphics discussion Icon_minitime2015-07-20, 08:16

Also the new font and interface! Uhm did an amazing work on that! It is all so gorgeous! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Uhm
Vampire
Vampire
Uhm

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: General Graphics discussion   H3SW: General Graphics discussion Icon_minitime2015-07-20, 09:11

The idea is very good, but I thought that the swordsman dwelling needs only cosmetic changes, doesn't it?

H3SW: General Graphics discussion 24pjhbs
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: General Graphics discussion   H3SW: General Graphics discussion Icon_minitime2015-07-20, 09:13

The more hi-quality graphics we have, the better. I would only add more smooth color transitions on the roof: just compare with original dwellings. Aside from that, looks very good.

Okay, tomorrow I will prepare a PSD file with all possible dwelling placeholders so we will be able to fill the space. The text color should be brighter I guess.

Vampire
Vampire
Uhm

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: General Graphics discussion   H3SW: General Graphics discussion Icon_minitime2015-07-21, 20:25

Mansion... Brrr, for me it was always the most darkling place in Necro town.

H3SW: General Graphics discussion Mjuyw1

What needs to be changed here?
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: General Graphics discussion   H3SW: General Graphics discussion Icon_minitime2015-07-21, 20:27

Looking very neat! I would like only to upscale it a little - there is currently too much details for such a small structure. But I enjoy it a lot already.
Feel free to use all 2 squares - you have 64 pixels in width to operate. Remember the original 2-squared dwelling - the Ruins, they are considerably larger in size.

Also, in future we can consider a small angle change, to provide its diversity from the original HotA structure.

Vampire
Vampire
Uhm

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: General Graphics discussion   H3SW: General Graphics discussion Icon_minitime2015-07-23, 00:50

I've got very good news: after hours of hard work we've managed to add to the maps editor all objects known from original H2 with proper shadow! Moreover there are dozens of new objects, some of them made from draft, several converted from H1 and H3 and some adapted from palm Heroes. Dear members of SW team: if you will have an idea what can be added or should be fixed, please, write it here. I will be working on new dwellings now. And probably monster's shadows.

H3SW: General Graphics discussion 2wfqzqc
Back to top Go down
Sir Albe
Mage
Mage
Sir Albe

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: General Graphics discussion   H3SW: General Graphics discussion Icon_minitime2015-07-23, 07:04

That is amazing Uhm!!! Incredible amount of work you have done. I will check it out as soon as possible Smile
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: General Graphics discussion   H3SW: General Graphics discussion Icon_minitime2015-07-25, 04:09

For v0.8 I also thought about all 8 garrisons of both horizontal and vertical form. If we will make all 8, we can add them to the Castles objects type list.

But it's not urgent Smile

What is urgent is the new mounrains for Sand (underground and surface mountains). I have asked Fred79 for help with the surface mountains, but currently we don't have underground mountains in development.

H3SW: General Graphics discussion RhmEFmgH3SW: General Graphics discussion XBLzuCfH3SW: General Graphics discussion Wfqqn74

There are too much organization problems for me currently, I still have to fill the Development Board, attract new forum members, direct new recruits and return to the Knight Townscreen, so I don't know when I will have time for them.

Vampire
Vampire
Uhm

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: General Graphics discussion   H3SW: General Graphics discussion Icon_minitime2015-08-10, 02:25

Den of thieves/oracle new issue + SW in HD Wink

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: General Graphics discussion   H3SW: General Graphics discussion Icon_minitime2015-08-10, 02:38

Looking unexpectedly good. I must note that we are likely to have new multi-colored fonts later which will be 10 times more awesome.

It;s a bit hard to read the flag colors now especially in the windows where all 8 flags are present simultaneously, but that's a trouble of a flagstaff more than of actual flags.

I would suggest a more complex filler for the new inactive interface parts, based on the Good Interface beige patterns with all those gemstones and twirls. This would make the interface whole, even better than those for classic Heroes 3 + HD. Smile

Last edited by Orzie on 2015-08-10, 03:23; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sir Albe
Mage
Mage
Sir Albe

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: General Graphics discussion   H3SW: General Graphics discussion Icon_minitime2015-08-10, 02:59

As always, great job Uhm Smile
Also I support good interface with gems Left arrow Gems Right arrow
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: General Graphics discussion   H3SW: General Graphics discussion Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 27Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 27  Next