~ Forums of Enroth ~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~ Forums of Enroth ~

The Enroth diehard fan community

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Songs of Conquest
Introduce yourself - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Blake01 2024-04-07, 15:14

» ...to XP run...
Introduce yourself - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby CATMAN 2024-03-30, 03:16

» WARNING - The dreaded moment is here: Heroes 6 servers shutting down
Introduce yourself - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Blake01 2024-03-29, 23:04

» Songs of Silence (HoMM like game)
Introduce yourself - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Blake01 2024-03-27, 16:52

» Heroes Orchestra's 5th Birthday concerts with Paul Romero
Introduce yourself - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby rrravyn 2024-03-23, 22:45

» fheroes2 General Announcements
Introduce yourself - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby sirDranik 2024-03-17, 23:35

» Photo Gallery
Introduce yourself - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Sir Albe 2024-03-07, 06:57

Poll
Global announcements should be:
Everlasting, 1 for each project.
Introduce yourself - Page 2 Redbar110%Introduce yourself - Page 2 Redbar12
 0% [ 0 ]
Temporary, when there is something new to announce.
Introduce yourself - Page 2 Redbar11100%Introduce yourself - Page 2 Redbar12
 100% [ 6 ]
Holalala... No idea where the Ultimate artifact is.
Introduce yourself - Page 2 Redbar110%Introduce yourself - Page 2 Redbar12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6
Most Viewed Topics
H3SW: General Graphics discussion
Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW
Introduce yourself
H3SW General Discussion
H3SW Map List: Work in progress
H3SW: Dwelling Development
Forum Admins Feed
The Floody Land
Enrothian Fan Art
Heroes III: The Succession Wars v0.8.1 Beta

Introduce yourself

Go down 
+66
Roxterat
summerloud
count_aleksey
MartiusR
mORISman
sirDranik
foodlord
evanisdead
Blake01
Ctesiphon
Ermelloth
VojtechVitek
arborist
kingarthur
wielkaberta
Jachu
QuakerRUS
GrishaDozer
Djakal
Rubinia
DarkAtom
patsh
rrravyn
metsejadur
Kristo
Huntka
woorkewoorke
robizeratul
dimixbikes
Ghoul
Aescule
AkuAkuIslands
Basileus
andi511
Ragoon
Sibernethy
Gravorce
BlackDragon
Radagast82
Energy Y
tanenorther
GodDamnPeasants
Daleron
Netheril
Uhm
Galaad
YhyJasne
buffkaz
NikitaTheTanner
Unknown_Hero
Roarkes
feanor
Pitsu
Tibor0803
Verriker
SkeleTony
Steven Aus
djenic
Arys-Pole
Sir Albe
Tout à fait
GodRage
Orzie
tophatchild
Sawelios
Archibald
70 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Sir Albe
Mage
Mage
Sir Albe

Quality Points : 452
Registration Date : 2015-07-16

Introduce yourself - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 2 Icon_minitime2015-07-18, 05:28

Hi everybody. Sir Albe here joining the lovely place for the passion of Heroes of Might and Magic!!!

When did you played Heroes of Might and Magic for the first time?
It must have been around 2002-2003 when I first discovered Heroes of Might and Magic in form of the third installment. We were visiting some of my parent's friends and their children played this mysterious game on the computer. I only saw it this one time and didn't even know its name or hardly anything about it. Even so I manged to explain how the game looked to a shopkeeper at a book and media store. He manged to gives me the Heroes of Might and Magic Platinum Edition with the first three games and their expansions. I am still amazed today how he found out what game I at the age of 7 or 8 years was talking about. I only remember I talked about sailing in a boat on the ocean (It was the classic Arrogance map that I had seen the other children playing Smile ) Since then I have also played the newer games (IV, V, VI and latest VII), but they don't reach the same level of beauty to me as the three first games.
What HoMM you discovered first?
III and then I and II, since they were in the Platinum Edition as I said above Smile
What HoMM community you frequently visit?
I often visit HC, but the other sites are for the Succession Wars Mod. We both have the official site, the modDB site, our Facebook page, our Twitter account, a page at VK and sometimes the DF2 forum goes crazy and a lot of things happen over there. I do though hope this site will give us a new platform to work on and by now it looks very promising, so great job on that Smile
Have you ever made maps for HoMM?
I have made my own maps mostly for own fun (I made my country as a H3 map Very Happy ), but I have also help create several maps for The Succession Wars Mod.
What others old games do you play?
I actually play all the HoMM games from time to time (and of course mods as HotA and TSWM). Other than that I play games like Age of Mythology, Starcraft II, Stronghold Crusader and Star Wars Battlefront II. I have also made my own small games in the past with a tool called Game Maker. It gave me some experience in graphics which I try to use in my work for TSWM.
What do you hope to see / to do on this forum?
I hope to have a good platform for working on TSWM with my fellow team members, but I also look forward to read interesting stuff about H2, since it is a game very close to my heart.
What languages do you speak?
I speak danish as my native language, but I am also experienced in the English language. I can understand a little German, but I prefer English Smile
Back to top Go down
GodRage
Webmaster
Webmaster
GodRage

Quality Points : 229
Registration Date : 2009-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 2 Icon_minitime2015-07-18, 07:20

Welcome in the Forums of Enroth, Sir Albe :cheers:
Danish flag
Hehe...

Sir Albe
Mage
Mage
Sir Albe

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 2 Icon_minitime2015-07-20, 01:42

Thank you very much GodRage. I appreciate the work you have done to make this amazing place possible for me and the other TSWM guys. It is the most beutiful forum I have every seen and it also has the best smileys Rock!

Also very beautiful warlock indeed Danish flag
Back to top Go down
GodRage
Webmaster
Webmaster
GodRage

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 2 Icon_minitime2015-07-20, 01:49

Sir Albe wrote:
Thank you very much GodRage. I appreciate the work you have done to make this amazing place possible for me and the other TSWM guys. It is the most beutiful forum I have every seen and it also has the best smileys Rock!

Also very beautiful warlock indeed Danish flag
Thank you very much! :cheers:
it goes to my heart <3

Arys-Pole
Pikeman
Pikeman
Arys-Pole

Quality Points : 23
Registration Date : 2015-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 2 Icon_minitime2015-07-20, 19:36

Russian Warlock Yay, nice to meet you.

1 player When did you played Heroes of Might and Magic for the first time?
I remember that i had a first glance on HoMM2 nearly 2000... But the "official" meeting was in 2003. Restoration of Erathia, obsessed classmate, obsessed me lol
2 players What HoMM you discovered first?
HoMM2, of course. It was illegal version, huh.
3 players What HoMM community you frequently visit?
Russian: DF2, Handbook. Sometimes i appears on HC, Celestial Heavens. I also tried to contact with Chinese community but it became too hard for me.
4 players Have you ever made maps for HoMM?
When i was a child, i liked to create experimental maps... in HoMM4 editor but no one has saved until now.
5 players What others old games do you play?
I'm TBS-fan. Disciples, AoW is always installed on my PC. Also i like Westwood games such as Red Alert 2 or Nox. There are also some DOS-related games which i played...
And there are some old-style modern TBS - Eador, Battle for Wesnoth - which are totally addictive.
6 players What do you hope to see / to do on this forum?
Activity Happy
Positive moral What languages do you speak?
My native language is Russian but i also could speak English and understand Chinese. And there are many Slavic languages contain familiar words.
Back to top Go down
http://aryspole.deviantart.com/
GodRage
Webmaster
Webmaster
GodRage

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 2 Icon_minitime2015-07-21, 01:21

Welcome Arys-Pole Happy
Your presentation post is pretty with all theses smileys! Very Happy

djenic
Gargoyle
Gargoyle
djenic

Quality Points : 4
Registration Date : 2015-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 2 Icon_minitime2015-07-22, 07:24

Hello all. Smile

Back in 1996 when I was six-years-old.
Heroes of Might & Magic I and then very quickly II and have loved it ever since.
Heroes Community and the H3:SW community as well. I'm known as e-Lysander on HC, as I'm sure some of you have seen me as I follow the H3: Succession Wars topic.
I've actually made a lot over the years that I made for my own use that have gotten lost.
Betrayal at Krondor, King's Quest, Monkey Island, Doom, etc.
Discussing HoMM! Also, updates and the opportunity to play H3:SW and Iron Fist!
English.
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

Quality Points : 843
Registration Date : 2014-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 2 Icon_minitime2015-07-22, 07:29

Very cool to meet you here, dear e-lysander! I of course remember you and I'm glad that you are with us. Take a seat and feel yourself comfortable. Happy

We are currently developing this forum further in terms of web design and filling the sections. This forum has become an official home for both Project Ironfist and H3SW modding projects so I hope you won't be disappointed. I also plan to develop the H1-H2-and-mods tournament branch and fan creativity board as well in future. Together we can do everything Smile

Gargoyle
Gargoyle
djenic

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 2 Icon_minitime2015-07-23, 01:19

Orzie wrote:
Very cool to meet you here, dear e-lysander! I of course remember you and I'm glad that you are with us. Take a seat and feel yourself comfortable. Happy

We are currently developing this forum further in terms of web design and filling the sections. This forum has become an official home for both Project Ironfist and H3SW modding projects so I hope you won't be disappointed. I also plan to develop the H1-H2-and-mods tournament branch and fan creativity board as well in future. Together we can do everything Smile

Thank you, sir! Glad you remember me. That sounds excellent, and I look forward to it. Smile If there's anything I can do, let me know! I'm pretty decent with graphic design (in fact I think I sent you a few hero portraits) and I have tons of forum experience if you need a moderator or something... I dunno, make me useful, I wanna help! Razz
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 2 Icon_minitime2015-07-23, 04:21

Strangely enough, I don't remember any portraits. Could you re-send them on orzieorzie@gmail.com?

I must note that we have all our portraits stocked in this topic.
Also, the main development directions (for new H3SW team recruits or contributors who sympathize the project) are listed here.

Enjoy your stay on Forums of Enroth Rock!

Webmaster
Webmaster
GodRage

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 2 Icon_minitime2015-07-23, 05:00

Welcome to Forums of Enroth, djenic! Smile

Thanks for your energy!! Razz But I hope we will never need to moderate anybody; it's a peaceful place here. King

djenic
Gargoyle
Gargoyle
djenic

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 2 Icon_minitime2015-07-23, 07:00

GodRage wrote:
Welcome to Forums of Enroth, djenic! Smile

Thanks for your energy!! Razz But I hope we will never need to moderate anybody; it's a peaceful place here. King

Phew, I was hoping you'd say that. Razz It's not really my cup of tea but I love Heroes II. Very Happy Hopefully my name/email is still listed with beta testers!

Orzie wrote:
Strangely enough, I don't remember any portraits. Could you re-send them on orzieorzie@gmail.com?

I must note that we have all our portraits stocked in this topic.
Also, the main development directions (for new H3SW team recruits or contributors who sympathize the project) are listed here.

Enjoy your stay on Forums of Enroth Rock!

Hm, I don't have them any more as it's been a couple of years. They weren't really up to the quality of what you guys have now anyway. Though I did actually see a couple of the ones I drew floating around the Russian forums a while back, bizarrely enough :scratch: .
Back to top Go down
Steven Aus
Elf
Elf
Steven Aus

Quality Points : 38
Registration Date : 2015-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 2 Icon_minitime2015-07-27, 00:07

Q: When did you play Heroes of Might and Magic for the first time?

A: When the H2 demo was released and I played Broken Alliance a million times, then got involved in the Astral Wizard website and my first internet community.

Q: What HoMM did you discover first?

A: HOMM2: The Succession Wars, starting with the excellent Broken Alliance demo.

Q: What HoMM community do you frequently visit?

A: Took a break for a while recently, but I have recently been back on Celestial Heavens playing a fair bit of H4, which is quite a good game once Equilibris made some welcome improvements. =)  But I have a special place in my heart for good old HOMM2.  Originally involved in the Astral Wizard community as The Western Wizard, and also at one stage was a script writer for the WOG Team esp. (especially) in 3.58f version.

Q: Have you ever made maps for HoMM?

A: Yes, and I have helped others make maps for H2 and H3 and WOG (and now even H4).

Q: What other old games do you play?

Not an old game, but I have had some fun with Lords of Xulima, a turn-based game in the old-school style.  However I have had heaps of fun recently with HOMM4, and recently found a really cool LOTR themed map released in February 2015 by Yurian Stonebow.  He has made some Tolkien maps for H3 too.

http://www.celestialheavens.com/search2.php??map_name=Tolkien&...&submit=Search

Yes, that 10/10 rating for the HOMM4 map is mine. =)  It is a really great "heroes in combat" LOTR-themed romp based on Christopher Tolkien's maps he released after JRR passed.

Anyway, here's a thread you might want to take part in, and perhaps download and rate the map:

http://www.celestialheavens.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=15193

Q: What do you hope to see / to do on this forum?

A: Contribute ideas, talk and discuss with the community, and have fun.

Q: What languages do you speak?

A: English only, though in my high school days I dabbled in French through distance education (correspondence) and even got an award for it one year. =)
Back to top Go down
GodRage
Webmaster
Webmaster
GodRage

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 2 Icon_minitime2015-07-27, 04:10

Welcome to Forums of Enroth, Steven Aus! Very Happy
Bienvenue ! Introduce yourself - Page 2 3794891605

SkeleTony
Peasant
Peasant
SkeleTony

Quality Points : 1
Registration Date : 2015-07-30

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 2 Icon_minitime2015-07-31, 03:12

Back in about 1997(?) or whenever the Heroes of Might and Magic II demo was released. I got one of those discs/CDs of a bunch of demo-games that came with a magazine and it had the Heroes II demo. I must have played that "Broken Alliances" (or whatever it was called) map 3 dozen times before I was able to buy the game.

Heroes II

None too frequently but I do keep an eye on those Heroes of M&M Community boards where the HotA guys post.

Yes but nothing worth releasing on the public.

A LOT.

Heroes 3 w/ Horn of the Abyss and older version of HD mod.
Might and Magic V/World of Xeen (not to often on this one because of oldschool UI and lack of automap)
Might and Magic VII (I have them all through Gog but VII is the one I play most)
Baldur's Gate (all of them w/select mods & add-ons and patches through Gog)
Icewin Dale and in fact all the Infinity Engine games through Gog. Though I hate the (A)D&D system.
Various 'Roguelikes'
Nahlakh, Natuk and Pirates of the Western Sea by Tom Proudfoot (old school turn based, top down CRPGs)
Helherron (another old school TB & top down CRPG)
Wizardry VII and 8
Warlords III: Darklords Rising
Civilization II: Test of Time
various others....

Exchange ideas and learn of new things.

English only, sadly.
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 2 Icon_minitime2015-07-31, 03:17

Finally, someone knowing World of Xeen! You will definitely recognize our alternative smileys lol

Great to see you, SkeleTony. We hope that you will find some nice spots to check out here.

Peasant
Peasant
Verriker

Registration Date : 2015-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 2 Icon_minitime2015-08-07, 10:39

Hey guys just dropping in before answering the questions, you did kickass work with these mods and this forum, can't wait to play the next succession wars beta which is looking great, bravo
Back to top Go down
Sir Albe
Mage
Mage
Sir Albe

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 2 Icon_minitime2015-08-07, 21:22

Hey Verriker! Nice to see such a dedicated HoMM fan here Smile
Back to top Go down
Tibor0803
Nomad
Nomad
Tibor0803

Quality Points : 21
Registration Date : 2015-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 2 Icon_minitime2015-08-11, 03:07

Well, this is going to be long because I have many things to talk about.

Everything started when one of my father's workmate brang me a birthday gift which was a Windows 95 catalog disk with many game demos. One of his workmate visited us and brang a gift for me which was a blue DCCD windows 95 game catalog disk. Heroes of Might and Magic 2 appeared there as a demo version. I have tried out the tutorial map which was awesome. After that the very first initial Broken Alliance map with my well-beloved faction, the Sorceress. (Feel the same love about Rampart in Homm3)

The Heroes of Might and Magic 2 - The Succession Wars when I was 7 years old. (1998)

There are 3 communities what I visit which is about the Homm 2 modification:

• Heroes3mod.webs.com

• DF2 (I'm not a member on this one cause of it's russian but I observe posts under google translator so I know what exactly is going on)

• This Forums of Enroth one from now on

Yes, many times I tried to make only a few was really detailed and balanced. In my opinion, most of the maps should be balanced to all heroes and if a special operation kind of map I make then every single hero should have different advantages at the beginning of a game. Unfortunately neither of them were uploaded by me. I don't feel like I have much skill but I really try hard when I do. Some of the maps I made still exist in my directories. Anyone of you wish to take a look at them or play with them just ask me for them.

There are so many of them.

Diablo 1, The Neverhood, MDK 1 & 2, Lords of the Realm II, Ecstatica II, Helicop Investigates of Words and Numbers, Time Commando, Scarab, Trophy Bass 2 & 4, Army Men Air Tactics, Sudden Attack (MMOFPS), Rayman 2 The Great Escape, Rayman 3 Hoodlum Havoc, Rayman Gold, Rayman M, Earth Empire II, Need for Speed III Hot Pursuit, Civilization III, Harry Potter first 3 episodes, Dino Crisis, Carmageddon 2000, Cosmi games like Frog Frenzy, Arabian Nights from Silmarils, Tux Racer, Jedi Knight series, Hellbender, Tarzan Activity Centre, Timon and Pumbaa's Jungle Games, The Gift from Cryo, Star Trek Deep Space 9 The Fallen, Space Arcade Collection games from eGames, The Adventures of Lomax, Dune 2000, Akimbo Kung-Fu Hero, Toonstruck, Waterslide Island, 3D Battle Chess, Humongous Entertainment games like Putt-Putt series, Deadly Tide, Kao the Kangaroo 1.

No kind of ambition I have in extra just the discussion about the well-beloved Homm 2 and it's mod built into Homm 3.

Hungarian and English only. I'm still inspired to learn Japanese.

What else should we ask you?

Maybe about favourite food or animals. I love owls, especially the Uhu and white owls. My favourite food is Gyros.
Back to top Go down
Sir Albe
Mage
Mage
Sir Albe

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 2 Icon_minitime2015-08-11, 03:26

Very nice Tibor. It is very interesting that so many discover HoMM through the HoMM II demo... It certainly did its job well Smile
Back to top Go down
Pitsu
Pikeman
Pikeman
Pitsu

Quality Points : 32
Registration Date : 2015-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 2 Icon_minitime2015-08-11, 06:42

Too old to remember. 1997 maybe? In Kings Bounty counts too, then some years before.

Homm2 (if not including KB)

Celestial Heavens. First apparence was on 3DO boards. I have vague memories about participating in some Astral Wizard contests, but I fail to memorize an active forum there. It must have been in decline already.

Yes, but I kind of lack patience to test and balance and update them to the point were all bugs are ironed out.

Not playing much. MM related games. Doom2, Civ III, Starcraft I, solitaire.

Discussion of older HoMM games and possible mods.

Estonian and English. Do not speak, but have limited understanding of Russian, German and Swedish (+ medical latin).

Probably should mention that despite female avatars I have been, am, and will remain male in real life.
Back to top Go down
feanor
Master Modder
Master Modder
feanor

Quality Points : 65
Registration Date : 2015-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 2 Icon_minitime2015-08-11, 08:09

I think, it was at 2001-2002.
When I visited my brother, I played Chronicles (afaik, third part - Tarnum vs Elemental Lords).

After that, when I got computer (at 2006), I found HoMM1-2 on a borrowed "80-games-at-one" disk. Heroes 3 I downloaded when I got Internet (2008), later also played H4 (campaigns) and H5 (one map for test).

DF2.ru, wforum.heroes35.net, heroescommunity.com

No, I prefer doing mods (=

Now - none, except, maybe Civilization 4. Is it too old?

Only Russian. In school I learned English and Latin, but hadn't succeeded at neither of them.
Back to top Go down
Roarkes
Gargoyle
Gargoyle
Roarkes

Quality Points : 2
Registration Date : 2015-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 2 Icon_minitime2015-08-22, 22:46

When Heroes of might and magic 2 appear in a review in a romanian magazine and than in a cd.
About more than 10 years ago, i discovered the games Heroes of might and magic 2 and 3 in a romanian pc games magazine. Need to chek the magazines years.
None.
My brother made one map on android dosbox turbo.
I currently play Sudden Strike series.
Good changes.
Romanian, english.
Nothing Smile Anything added on his behalf, my brother will add here.
Back to top Go down
http://dosbox-turbo-tutorials.blogspot.com
Unknown_Hero
Mage
Mage
Unknown_Hero

Quality Points : 78
Registration Date : 2015-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 2 Icon_minitime2015-10-08, 11:00

My turn, Smile I first discovered the serie with the demo of Heroes 2 in a magazine called "PC Collector" (n°7 - Mars/Avril 97 - Hors-Série N°7 PC SOLUCES).

What a great way to make a demo, you can play the scenario without restriction, and after playing it a dozen of dozen of time with the different factions, you know the game has a lot of replayability; you can start the exact same scenario with the same faction and the game is still different, what a great game!
After playing the demo, you have no other choice than to buy the game. Smile

And I was lucky enough to discover another magazine with the Heroes 2 game (Heroes of Might and Magic II: The Succession Wars) some time after, M6 Multimédia (n°4 - Août 97).

So, I played the game, and at the same time I was thinking it would be nice if I can play the first game of the serie.

Some time after this, I discovered another magazine called "StratéJ PC Presqu'offert!" (Numéro 2 - Novembre/Décembre 1997) with the Heroes 1 game (Heroes of Might and Magic: A Strategic Quest), yes, I was lucky once again. Wink

Playing Heroes 1, after playing Heroes 2 for some time, was a strange experience, at first the creatures on the battlefield seemed enormous, and the battlefield so small, but after a short time of adaptation, it was ok, and although the game has "less depth", it was still very fun to play, and all the basics were there.

I played Heroes 1, I would say, around 200 hours, the four campaigns and all the scenarios (around twenty scenarios), and then I returned to Heroes 2.
This time, the creatures on the battlefield seemed so small, Smile but it was faster to adapt.

Then, I continued the serie with the Heroes 2 expansion, with "Heroes of Might and Magic 2 Edition Deluxe" (Heroes of Might and Magic II: The Succession Wars, and, Heroes of Might and Magic II: The Price of Loyalty).

I played Heroes 2 and its expansion, more than 2000 hours (perhaps much more), Smile all the campaigns, all the "original" scenarios, and hundreds of scenarios found all over the Internet, and it has a lot of scenarios, and so, it was a lot of fun. Smile

After this comes Heroes 3, I played also all the expansions (so RoE, AB and SoD) and even more scenarios found on the Internet than for Heroes 2, it was insane.
I once tried one of the early versions of WoG, but didn't like it, and I never tried another mod for Heroes 3.

I played Heroes 3 and its expansions, more than 10 000 hours, as I said, it was insane. :affraid:

One day, I had a hard disk crash; I decided it was time to stop playing Heroes 3 and I did not reinstall it. Also, after all this time playing Heroes 3, its flaws became more and more annoying.
I think I was also lucky to have the disk crash. Laughing

I never tried Heroes 4. I tried the Heroes 5 demo, with some hope, but it was not there, something was broken. I never tried Heroes 6, nor I will try Heroes 7, I watched some videos about them, but it still don't work for me.

After some time without playing Heroes, I decided to return to Heroes 2, and then, WOW, what a game, how fun it is, and the music is so relaxing; after all these years playing Heroes 3, it was like a revelation. I loved both Heroes 3 and Heroes 2, but now, I have more fun to play Heroes 2. Admittedly, it has still some flaws, but the game is really great.

I put great hope in Project Ironfist to make it possible to "arrange" the game (correct the bugs, tweak the game there and here, add new features, UI enhancement, and more...). Very Happy

Other old games I play sometimes, Knights of Honor, Emperor of the Fading Suns, Warlords III - Darklords Rising, Imperial Conquest 2, Master of Orion 2, Open XCom (Open is new, XCom is old), Wink GTA 3 (10 minutes of pursuit with the cops once per day, it works). Smile

I speak French, I read English (approximately) and I (try to) write English with the help of a well known online translator; but sometimes I just choose to write the "raw" sentence.

Par exemple, si je veux écrire la phrase :
"Le ciel, ce jour là, était d'un bleu qui rappelle à mes souvenirs la couleur des champs de lavande de mon enfance."

Je finis par écrire :
"Le ciel était bleu."

For example, if I want to write the sentence:
Proposal by the translator: "The sky that day was a blue that reminds the color of my memories of my childhood lavender fields."

I end up writing:
"The sky was blue." lol!
Back to top Go down
rrravyn
Nomad
Nomad
rrravyn

Quality Points : 41
Registration Date : 2015-07-30

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 2 Icon_minitime2015-10-10, 01:29

My sister bought HoMM II when I was five years old. All of my siblings was playing this at that time and I wanted to do that too. The graphics were so dreamy and my parents didn't know what was this game about so they permited me to play (yes, I was five). At first, my brother told me the secret code (321 67 XD) and I wrote it twenty times and got the instant win with one hundred Blach Dragons. We had only english version of the game so I with a chance I was learning english with it. Who said that games never teach you anything? Smile

It was the second part (;

This, Kwasowa Grota and Jaskinia Behemotha from time to time.

Aww yiiis! And I love my maps from time when I was really young! They're so lovely and colorfull! The only problem is that the most of it was never finished. Now I'm doing maps for myself with some good plot in it (;

What do you mean by old? Very Happy For now on my computer I can play only in "old" games (Windows XP).

I hope that the Succession Wars Mode will be succed (it's so great!). Maybe someday I start with some FRPG platform in Polish tavern Very Happy I hope that they will be some good maps for HoMM II and your modes Smile

Polish (native), English and a little Danish.

Hmm, dunno (;
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Introduce yourself
Page 2 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
~ Forums of Enroth ~ :: International Board :: The Tavern-
Jump to: