~ Forums of Enroth ~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~ Forums of Enroth ~

The Enroth diehard fan community

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Songs of Silence (HoMM like game)
Introduce yourself - Page 7 Icon_minitimeby Blake01 2024-03-27, 16:52

» Heroes Orchestra's 5th Birthday concerts with Paul Romero
Introduce yourself - Page 7 Icon_minitimeby rrravyn 2024-03-23, 22:45

» WARNING - The dreaded moment is here: Heroes 6 servers shutting down
Introduce yourself - Page 7 Icon_minitimeby Sir Albe 2024-03-22, 07:15

» fheroes2 General Announcements
Introduce yourself - Page 7 Icon_minitimeby sirDranik 2024-03-17, 23:35

» Photo Gallery
Introduce yourself - Page 7 Icon_minitimeby Sir Albe 2024-03-07, 06:57

» Polskie powitanie
Introduce yourself - Page 7 Icon_minitimeby rrravyn 2024-03-05, 04:02

» Heroes II localisation: how to make no-CD patch.
Introduce yourself - Page 7 Icon_minitimeby kiku 2024-02-19, 02:43

Poll
Global announcements should be:
Everlasting, 1 for each project.
Introduce yourself - Page 7 Redbar110%Introduce yourself - Page 7 Redbar12
 0% [ 0 ]
Temporary, when there is something new to announce.
Introduce yourself - Page 7 Redbar11100%Introduce yourself - Page 7 Redbar12
 100% [ 6 ]
Holalala... No idea where the Ultimate artifact is.
Introduce yourself - Page 7 Redbar110%Introduce yourself - Page 7 Redbar12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6
Most Viewed Topics
H3SW: General Graphics discussion
Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW
Introduce yourself
H3SW General Discussion
H3SW Map List: Work in progress
H3SW: Dwelling Development
Forum Admins Feed
The Floody Land
Enrothian Fan Art
Heroes III: The Succession Wars v0.8.1 Beta

Introduce yourself

Go down 
+66
Roxterat
summerloud
count_aleksey
MartiusR
mORISman
sirDranik
foodlord
evanisdead
Blake01
Ctesiphon
Ermelloth
VojtechVitek
arborist
kingarthur
wielkaberta
Jachu
QuakerRUS
GrishaDozer
Djakal
Rubinia
DarkAtom
patsh
rrravyn
metsejadur
Kristo
Huntka
woorkewoorke
robizeratul
dimixbikes
Ghoul
Aescule
AkuAkuIslands
Basileus
andi511
Ragoon
Sibernethy
Gravorce
BlackDragon
Radagast82
Energy Y
tanenorther
GodDamnPeasants
Daleron
Netheril
Uhm
Galaad
YhyJasne
buffkaz
NikitaTheTanner
Unknown_Hero
Roarkes
feanor
Pitsu
Tibor0803
Verriker
SkeleTony
Steven Aus
djenic
Arys-Pole
Sir Albe
Tout à fait
GodRage
Orzie
tophatchild
Sawelios
Archibald
70 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Uhm
Vampire
Vampire
Uhm

Quality Points : 477
Registration Date : 2015-07-17

Introduce yourself - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 7 Icon_minitime2018-07-24, 06:58

Holidays, holidays... a sweet time, when you can finally spend all your time playing Heroes! Very Happy or at least slay a bunch of Goblins, just to not get a bit rusty Wink

However, this holidays are special. Thanks to Roshalina and Unknown_Hero I've found the first Heroes map that I've played in my life! Very Happy It was 98' or 99' and I was just 3 o 4 years old lol!

https://heroes2.forumactif.com/t628-i-m-looking-for-one-really-crazy-map-to-h2

I remember those crazy legions of Genies on this map just as it was yesterday Razz Sitting in front of small, rough monitor of my dad's friend's computer and buzzing around the map Smile it was twenty years ago, my first meeting with Heroes 2... and thankfully, not last Wink

My favourite map?

Hmmm... I think that there are two such maps Wink They're Beltway and Broken Alliance. I must've played both of them a fev dozens of times... and still love them! Simple, beautiful, addictive. Quintessence of H2.

What HoMM community you frequently visit?
You know me, I am messing here Laughing and also visiting Acid Grotto (Kwasowa Grota), Behemoth's Lair (Jaskinia Behemota), Academy of War (Akademia Wojny), Heroes Community and sometimes lurking Df2 forum

Have you ever made maps for HoMM?

hmmm, yes, there were some maps made for WoG, but never had enough motivation to finish them. However, there is a little one and I hope you will be able to play it with H3SW mod one day Wink

What others old games do you play?

Planescape:Torment, Thief I and II, Gothic I and II (but first part rulez! Razz ), Anno 1602, Re-volt (yes, this crazy toy car racing Razz ), Gruntz, Rocks n' Diamonds, Claw (Best, Platformer, EVER!), Jazz Jackrabbit, Eye of the Beholder (hell yeah!), Demise, Morrowind, Half Life I, Diablo, some time ago I gave a chance to Baldur's Gate, but sadly the game didn't catch me at all Razz

What do you hope to see / to do on this forum?

Well, make one freaking good mod for Heroes 2 and 3! Also share with you with the last and the best scenarios that took place on the almost forgotten continent of Enroth Wink .

What languages do you speak?

Polish (hehe), English, Russian, German basics, Latin basics

What is your favourites in HoMM II ? (what Town, Creature, Spell, Artifact, Hero)

Town? - Warlock Razz Creature? - Black Dragon Razz Razz Spell? - Armageddon Wink ;P ;P Artifact? - Holly Hammer - it looks great! Hero - Archibald Wink

What else should we ask you?

I want to ask You!!! What are your favourite maps for Heroes 2? Very Happy

Well, Roland, it seems I've won our little contest.  But don't worry. Not only have I decided to spare your life, but I am appointing you monarch of the Western Tower.  Perhaps I will come and visit your splendid court, when you are not entertaining important rats and spiders.
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

Quality Points : 843
Registration Date : 2014-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 7 Icon_minitime2018-07-24, 19:32

Will try to stay on topic and still answer your question. Smile

When I was a kid, I loved the game as is, with the atmosphere of the vanilla game (and unofficial translations made by various "cd pirate" groups).

However, when I got older, I understood that what I really loved in Heroes 2 is, surprisingly, the fan-made developments (such as maps included to Gold Edition). Ideas brought by Cyberlore and the fans who put them to a good use were ground-breaking and became foundation to the third installment of the series (just remember such things as Necromancy amplifier, Arena, Stables, Elemental dwellings, Spell Scrolls, et cetera, et cetera). What I especially like is the maps created by Charles Watkins, Grayson Towler, Timothy Duncan and a few other authors. Ghost Planet is my all-time favorite, because what I really seek in Heroes 2 is not difficulty, but the fantastic idea and properly implemented atmosphere with lots and lots of reasons to replay the map.

I even made different challenges for myself, like: never use castles, never hire heroes, play only as Yellow Knights, use only Knight creatures, etc. It's not like I'm a maniac, but the map really feels it's worth playing.

I definitely want to convert the map for H3SW and even make a sequel to it, because the sci-fi concept behind the text events could also benefit from expanding it further.

In short, there are a selection of maps which I like, but most of them are not like Beltway (I like it too), but are usually more unique and focused on storyline, also having a great deal of ideas previously not implemented by other authors. One of such maps is Leopoldville, showing a great idea of a "giant city", later reproduced in the WoG campaign "A Life of an Adventure". This even motivated me to design a concept of proper stackable walls and garrisons to be able to create nice atmospheric "cities".

Since we have a precedent in Heroes 2 Gold of having some other game-dedicated maps, I also have plans for my own map inspired by the Nox game where we can have the same three factions (Fire Knights, Mages, and the X Village) all with a different gameplay. With a unique H2 feature of castle sprites for different terrains being reproduced for H3SW, this idea is even more tempting.

Vampire
Vampire
Uhm

Quality Points : 477
Registration Date : 2015-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 7 Icon_minitime2018-07-28, 08:21

For many years I had only basic H2 without the expansion, so I was replaying those thirty maps over and over again Razz I've never played RPG maps.

I've just started the Ghost Planet Very Happy I must admit, there is a big variety of ways that we can choose to finish the game. It's about discovering, not always fighting and I love it! Very Happy Right now plot isn't very advanced, but overall climat... give me a shivers Very Happy I will have to give a go to the rest of maps from Gold version.

Well, Roland, it seems I've won our little contest.  But don't worry. Not only have I decided to spare your life, but I am appointing you monarch of the Western Tower.  Perhaps I will come and visit your splendid court, when you are not entertaining important rats and spiders.
Back to top Go down
Sir Albe
Mage
Mage
Sir Albe

Quality Points : 452
Registration Date : 2015-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 7 Icon_minitime2018-08-04, 03:46

I remember that certain H2 maps have almost pulled me inside Enroth. When I first played Alteris and Alteris 2 I felt so involved in the story and the map design. Starting with having to leave your home, that was been plagued by undead, to find a new foothold on a nearby island. Then the Barbarian hero, who you try to negotiate with. He doesn't realize, that if the forces of the living don't come together, they are all doomed. That leaves war as the only solution and you must figure out the best way to take him down.

In the second map it is finally time to restore the land and defeat the evil Death King who has an (almost) endless horde of undead and skeletons at his disposal. The way I did it the first time was with Uhm's favorite creature and favorite spell Wink That made it even more enjoyable for me Smile)
Back to top Go down
QuakerRUS
Peasant
Peasant
QuakerRUS

Quality Points : 2
Registration Date : 2018-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 7 Icon_minitime2018-10-01, 19:39

Hello, everybody! I'm newbie here. Sorry for my worse English. Smile

Q: When did you played Heroes of Might and Magic for the first time?
A: Hard question. I think it's about 1997.

Q: What HoMM you discovered first?
A: HoMM II.

Q: What HoMM community you frequently visit?
A: None.

Q: Have you ever made maps for HoMM?
A: I tried one, but I did't finish it and deleted.

Q: What others old games do you play?
A: A lot of games.

Q: What do you hope to see / to do on this forum?
A: Dunno. Smile

Q: What languages do you speak?
A: Russian.

Q: What is your favourites in HoMM II ? (what Town, Creature, Spell, Artifact, Hero, map)
A: I like every town. Black Dragon is my favourite creature. Armageddon is my favourite spell. A like every useful artifact. I like a lot of heroes. My favourite map is Pirate Utopia (PoL).

Q: What else should we ask you?
A: Dunno. Smile
Back to top Go down
Jachu
Peasant
Peasant
Jachu

Quality Points : -1
Registration Date : 2019-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 7 Icon_minitime2019-01-06, 15:09

Hello everyone! I'm big fan od Heroes II and III. And i'm happy to find this forum, and H3SW mod. Thank You for this.
Back to top Go down
wielkaberta
Peasant
Peasant
wielkaberta

Quality Points : 3
Registration Date : 2019-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 7 Icon_minitime2019-01-26, 07:23

>When did you played Heroes of Might and Magic for the first time?
Around 2005.
>What HoMM you discovered first?
2 followed quickly by 3.
>What HoMM community you frequently visit?
None. For last 3 months I frequent to /homm/ general on /vr/ imageboard.
>Have you ever made maps for HoMM?
No.
>What others old games do you play?
Too much to count. I also replay old console games so the list goes infinite.
>What do you hope to see / to do on this forum?
Maps and enjoy Succession Wars mod.
>What languages do you speak?
Native Polish. A little german.
>What is your favourites in HoMM II ? (what Town, Creature, Spell, Artifact, Hero, map)
From recent "playthrough" I really liked Ghost Planet map.
Resurrection True as it allows to keep my range stack intact.
>What else should we ask you?
LAN / Hotseat / Multiplayer experience? Have you played with family / friends?

I'm pretty sure I stick for a while here, since I am hungry for maps. From arena/tourney-like through adventure like to ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
kingarthur
Peasant
Peasant
kingarthur

Registration Date : 2019-03-09

PostSubject: First message from kingarthur   Introduce yourself - Page 7 Icon_minitime2019-03-09, 18:54

Hello everyone!

I am very happy and excited to find this community. I am a Heroes of Might and Magic 2 fan. It is very very nice for me to find other people like me.

Let me begin with giving my answers to the questions in the first post of this thread...

When did you played Heroes of Might and Magic for the first time?

Probably 1997

What HoMM you discovered first?

Heroes of Might and Magic 2

What HoMM community you frequently visit?

Not frequently, but I am a member of heroescommunity.com

Yes, for HoMM 2. But I did not upload them to anywhere.

I very much would like to play old games, such as Civilization 2, Age of Empires 2, Command and Conquer 1 and Red Alert 1. However time is getting more scarce for such joys while you are getting older. Sad

I would like to see an active community about HoMM 2.

I would like to see community effort about realizing the improvements that we wish to see on HoMM2. I have 2 feature wish on HoMM 2:

• "Play by e-mail" support
  • Time limit to turns similar to HoMM 3

English

What is your favourites in HoMM II ? (what Town, Creature, Spell, Artifact, Hero, map)

My favorite town is Knight. Although they are weak in the long run, I very much like the knight theme, those cavaliers on their war horses and those shining paladins in their heavy armors.

My favorite spell is Chain Lightning.

My favorite creatures are Black Dragon and Vampire Lord.

What else should we ask you?

You can ask me about anything. Feel free! Smile
Back to top Go down
GodRage
Webmaster
Webmaster
GodRage

Quality Points : 228
Registration Date : 2009-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 7 Icon_minitime2019-03-10, 02:43

Welcome kingarthur and QuakerRUS and Jachu and ... ahhh many Heroes. Smile (i don't reply here often, trying to not invade this presentation thread.)

I just added a new asking in the presentation's askings. Smile
How did you discovered this forum?

Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 7 Icon_minitime2019-03-13, 04:11

Hello and welcome to Forums of Enroth!

Indeed, I wanted to see Forums of Enroth as a centralized H2-oriented community with fan activity and probably some tournament activity as well. Still, I admit, that people have too many distractions nowadays, and being a fan does not help them in embracing the outdated forum format.

(some people dislike our color gamma and readability of the font, too)

Anyhow, all my personal activity is currently put in Heroes 3: The Succession Wars Mod which helps people get here and helps people to immerse in the atmosphere of Enroth-based games with a feeling of something fresh. I still hope other fan projects will ascend too, but I cannot do much to help them in my current state and real life limitations.

Still, here you can find our workplace and I hope you will find something interesting for yourself.

Peasant
Peasant
kingarthur

Registration Date : 2019-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 7 Icon_minitime2019-03-15, 12:44

GodRage wrote:
Welcome kingarthur and QuakerRUS and Jachu and ... ahhh many Heroes. Smile (i don't reply here often, trying to not invade this presentation thread.)

I just added a new asking in the presentation's askings. Smile

Thanks for the welcome!

I found this forum thanks to a post in heroescommunity.com. Smile
Back to top Go down
arborist
Skeleton
Skeleton
arborist

Registration Date : 2019-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 7 Icon_minitime2019-03-25, 23:17

Oh, I must be dreaming...

When did you played Heroes of Might and Magic for the first time?:

Hmn, I was about... I was very young, probably too young to really understand games. My entire family played King's Bounty, and of course, Might and Magic. I never really played KB, however, because it was on my father's work PC. But one day, he said 'young sprout, you have to play this!' and, being dutiful, I peered at HoMM I. And then... And then!..

What HoMM you discovered first?:

I loved HoMM I very much, how silly it was, how it was just fine with being silly. When I made maps for it, they were awful; I still thought in my 'first' language, and hadn't given up that language yet. I gave up HoMM I, too, because I was a very studious and cool kid, right?.. But even when I was trying to be serious, HoMM II kept me going through nights, and then years.

What HoMM community you frequently visit?:

None! I never realised we were so organised!?
Remember, I spent way too long trying to be 'the sort of person who doesn't play videogames!'  
lol

Have you ever made maps for HoMM?:

Yes!

The first lot were the sort of crap a kid makes for her friends, but I was touched to learn one person had kept some, even though they had no clue what the game was. I made my parents roughly a thousand, pfff. The HoMM II maps were better, but mostly lost; I think I have a few on my spare-spare-spare harddrive, when I can dig it out of storage.

If you liked the narrative-driven maps as much as I did... They were pretty good, in an 80s90s fantasy sort of way. Though, I...
Might have overused the Fizbin a bit much, sorry...  Ambrose feel it's fu

What others old games do you play?:

Drakengard, Dark Souls are the main modern games. Oh, I used to play Eador (classic) but, it won't run at all on my work laptop.
Which, due to a tragic turn of fate, is the only PC I have right now. Grumble.

In my free time, I like to dive into older, forgotten games, too. The amount of shareware lost to time...
I feel bad for those titles, not even uploaded to shady websites, and often so experimental that 'purists' today might not call them games...
Sad

So I like to play weird gems that I might have missed and take notes on them.
When I'm finally discovered in a pile of paperwork and regret, someone will surely find some great joy in them.*
Introduce yourself - Page 7 492241716

*probably not to be honest

What do you hope to see / to do on this forum?:

Oh, pretty much everything! I'd love to talk about Enroth, why Archibald is best boy, help bugtest if I can... I'm just amazed there are people who still wake up in the night, thinking of the cold electric glow of the monitor, and think...
It's time.

It's right.

Might as well play some Heroes II.  Rock!

Actually, I've got two goals - I vaguely remember a mod that let you select your starting hero on maps you could select a hero?
Was that your mod? Does this mod exist?! Was I hallucinating dreams incepted by JVC?!?

Two: To figure out how to get Heroes to work perfectly. No stuttering skips, no weird glitches in the music, no horrible shrieking when monoliting or dimension dooring - to have it run perfectly, in its entirety, as nature intended.

Well?
None.

The answer is a bit more complex, but also long and boring. I only speak English well; sorry. It makes me sad, too.

What is your favourites in HoMM II?:

Sorceress and Necromancer are probably my favourite towns, but I really love every single one. Knight has some of the versatile play, and people who say they don't love the paladin/crusader are lying, I tell you what. Barbarian has the cutest wolves and the best orcs, but I think my favourite unit is the medusa. The haunting sound of the statue garden stays with me even to this day... I think it's because I played the Colossal Cave Adventure (Might and Magic Edition) far too often, growing up.

The original campaign is the best, though I liked the others; my favourite maps, oh, don't ask me that one... It's like pulling teeth! Favourite individual heroes, Vesper, Sandro, Jewel, Roxana, Celia, Ruby, Ambrose... I love this game, basically.

What else should we ask you?:

Anything you like, really. Just know that my answers will probably bore you to tears...
Oh, gardening and recipes, those are my two skills. They're fairly lacklustre, but I'd love to see a plant-based town.
That'd be something' special...

How did you discovered this forum?:

Luck.

Pure, random, beautiful luck.
I was searching for the aforementioned mod that may or may not exist, found this place.
Hopefully, I'll be able to provide you some laughs, smiles, and inspiration in the days going forward!

Introduce yourself - Page 7 2792972323

p.s

the best artifact is fizbin of misfortune
prove me wrong
Back to top Go down
GodRage
Webmaster
Webmaster
GodRage

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 7 Icon_minitime2019-03-28, 00:17

Welcome arborist , on the Forums of Enroth. Smile
arborist wrote:
I vaguely remember a mod that let you select your starting hero on maps you could select a hero?
If you do not mean at the start of the map, then it's the Tavern, with choosing between 2 heroes... But if you had the choice between all heroes... then it was Heroes IV. Introduce yourself - Page 7 3822145216

arborist wrote:
What languages do you speak? The answer is a bit more complex, but also long and boring.
this was the boring part of your post. Introduce yourself - Page 7 555873010
arborist wrote:
Pure, random, beautiful luck.
You used an artifact called "Google" whose ability is "Luck is always at maximum".
Wink

VojtechVitek
Skeleton
Skeleton
VojtechVitek

Quality Points : 4
Registration Date : 2019-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 7 Icon_minitime2019-03-28, 04:32

Hey guys!

I'm a huge fan of Heroes 2 & I play it every year since I was a teenager.

I like Heroes 3 too, but I always fall back to the lovely graphics of Heroes 2 Very Happy

I tried playing Heroes 4 and Heroes 5.. but I couldn't last for more than couple hours.

---

I'm struggling to run Heroes 2 on MacOS, since I have MBP. I made it working via PlayOnMac + the GOG exe files.. but it's far from perfect.

I'm a software developer, and I started hacking on some stuff like the Heroes 2 map parser. I'll keep you updated if I have anything to show / release for the community.

--

P.S.: I dream of a day when someone releases a new complete multiplayer remake of the game in web, ideally with the new graphics like from Ashirox (see deviantart.com/ashirox/art/Necropolis-promo-506106109). Idea Only if I had enough time and courage to lead the efforts Very Happy
Back to top Go down
arborist
Skeleton
Skeleton
arborist

Registration Date : 2019-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 7 Icon_minitime2019-03-28, 15:37

GodRage wrote:
Welcome arborist , on the Forums of Enroth. Smile

Thanks so much for the warm and enjoyable welcome. I think we'll get along well. Ally win
But, I swear there was a HoMM II mod that allowed for choosing the heroes before scenario start, just like in heroes III-IV. Free heroes, Openheroes... None of them do that, though. Hmn. It must have been a mad dream...

p.s. teeeeechnically the artifact I used was the Duck of Duck and Go, but the effects are the same as the "Google" artifact. New World Computing must be getting lazy... Laughing

VojtechVitek wrote:
Hey guys!

Hello, fellow new blood!
I'm another player lulled into the best graphics of the entire series. Introduce yourself - Page 7 2176935660
The newer games... I don't hate them, but they're not engaging at all. I feel like Heroes IV had a lot of interesting mod potential, and I know Equilibrus tries to make it better, but... It isn't Heroes II, ahaha.

Anyway, I'm running a W7 box over here, and also struggling to get Heroes II working 'perfectly.' I think the optimal solution is probably running a Win98 partition on your computer, but I'm not a software engineer, just a passionate amateur. I'll wish you luck and encourage you, though! Smile Welcome!
Back to top Go down
Ermelloth
Skeleton
Skeleton
Ermelloth

Registration Date : 2019-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 7 Icon_minitime2019-04-07, 22:46

Greetings, fellows.

My real name is Dmitry Logan, however in Heroes community I'm mostly known as Ermelloth. I'm one of the founders and ongoing administrators of heroesportal.net fan site (was in charge of Heroesportal maps collection for many years). I'm also a mapmaker, having released over 40 maps for Heroes 1-4 over the years.

Needless to say, I'm an avid fan of HoMM and Might & Magic franchise, playing since the release of HoMM1 back in 1995 up to HoMM 7 in recent years. Heroes 3 (especially Horn of the Abyss addon) is my all-time-favorite game though, as well as MM7 For Blood and Honor, speaking of M&M games. Today I'm 39 years old (which means I am playing Heroes games for no less than 24 years)!

Recently I installed H3SW 0.8.1 and I'm truly enjoying / exploring it at the moment. I must admit that before 0.8 I stayed away from the project cause there weren't stable enough versions to try. However, the recent release impressed me very much; I went through a couple of random and one author map and successfully completed all three without any issues at all. Great job fellows!

I liked the game so much that I even decided to work on an XL map, based on H3SW (in progress right now). I will release it within several days and post here for download.

P.S. My mother tongue is Russian, however I'm equally fluent in English and also speak Hebrew and a little bit French.
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 7 Icon_minitime2019-04-09, 04:56

Greetings and salutations, arborist, VojtechVitek, Ermelloth!

I am glad to see more HoMM2 fans here, since the community is very much decentralized. I hope you find something for you here, be it simple chat, modding efforts or gameplay discussion.

I am especially glad to see fellow Russians here, and always ready to answer in Russian if there will be any language difficulties.

Ermelloth wrote:
Recently I installed H3SW 0.8.1 and I'm truly enjoying / exploring it at the moment. I must admit that before 0.8 I stayed away from the project cause there weren't stable enough versions to try. However, the recent release impressed me very much; I went through a couple of random and one author map and successfully completed all three without any issues at all. Great job fellows!

The major problems (in the current state of the art) are mostly gone in v0.8.1, with the only one memory leak leading to eventual crashes from a broken Necromancer dwelling on the townscreen. We fixed that problem for the upcoming v0.8.2 update already. Currently, there should not be any major game-breaking issues, so the gameplay discussions will be more clear of that.

Ermelloth wrote:
I liked the game so much that I even decided to work on an XL map, based on H3SW (in progress right now). I will release it within several days and post here for download.

This is very interesting to hear. Feel free to do that in the general H3SW subforum, or a special H3SW custom map board which will be created a little later.

Still, I must note that since the game is constantly changing, the custom maps will require support with the course of time. For example, new artifacts can appear, some artifact effects/mechanics will surely change, the new magic system will be introduced, the creature stats and other numbers can be varied, etc. So, gameplay-wise, there is a risk that the map might need some repairs, which obliges the mapmaker to follow the update news and changelogs.

I'll take a look on your HeroesPortal maps when I will have time. Glad to see a fellow HeroesPortal user here, too. Smile

Webmaster
Webmaster
GodRage

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 7 Icon_minitime2019-05-24, 01:22

Welcome VojtechVitek and Ermelloth Introduce yourself - Page 7 589285140

VojtechVitek wrote:
P.S.: I dream of a day when someone releases a new complete multiplayer remake of the game in web,
Yeah!!! i would like that so much, but with "a little change": 1 turn is 1 real-life day, each player has only 1 Hero, and get +1 movement point each hour, something like that. Smile

Ermelloth wrote:
I liked the game so much that I even decided to work on an XL map, based on H3SW (in progress right now).
Yeyyyyyyy an H3SW's XL map!!! Introduce yourself - Page 7 3584857407

Ctesiphon
Nomad
Nomad
Ctesiphon

Quality Points : 13
Registration Date : 2019-05-09

PostSubject: Hello there   Introduce yourself - Page 7 Icon_minitime2019-05-27, 04:39

So, since I watch the project for a while and I recently managed to get it running smoothly, play a few games and even make a map, I think it is time to introduce myself properly.

I come from Czech Republic and my name is Michal (eng. Michael, ru. Михаил). I currently study IT at Masaryk University in Brno, and I tend to spend my spare time playing videogames.

When did you played Heroes of Might and Magic for the first time?
A long, long ago when I was 4-5 years old and we got our first PC (Win 98) with just a few games such as Doom (1 and 2), Duke Nukem 3D, Heroes 2 SW, Prehistorik etc. Heroes 2 was actually my first contact with english and arithmetics and I play it ever since (on a casual level). Some years later I encountered HoMM 3, then 1, then 4, then 5 (didn't like), then 6 (bored after few hours), then 5 with expansions (now excited) and finally 7 (meh).

Yes. Plenty of them. For HoMM 2,3 and 4. Sadly, most of them are lost to time and dead hard drives Sad
But I still occasionally make some maps for HoMM2. So there might be some even for HoMM3SW.

Doom 1,2; Age of Empires 2

I may post a few maps here and there, but not much more.
I sincerely doubt that devs would take any criticisms from me anyways.

Czech, English (A2), German (B2)

What is your favourites in HoMM II ?
faction: Warlock obviously.
creature: I have a Black Dragon as my Steam profile picture, so guess
artifact: Golden Goose
maps: Lost Continent, Dominion, Full House, SW Campaigns, Pyramid, Seven Lakes, Dragon Wars, Dragon Rider, Deathgate

I subscribe to your YouTube channel, so when new trailer came out I went through all links, and here am I!

Introduce yourself - Page 7 Latest?cb=20141111205459&path-prefix=en
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 7 Icon_minitime2019-05-30, 05:20

Hello and welcome to the Forums of Enroth!

Quote :
I may post a few maps here and there, but not much more.
I sincerely doubt that devs would take any criticisms from me anyways.

It depends. We are always very attentive to the people's impressions. Regarding the suggestions, it's a more complex issue.

Elf
Elf
Blake01

Quality Points : 30
Registration Date : 2019-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 7 Icon_minitime2019-06-18, 01:44

GodRage wrote:
You can introduce yourself in this topic, let Heroes of Enroth know more about yourself.

Need some ideas? Cool sunglasses

• When did you played Heroes of Might and Magic for the first time?
  • What HoMM you discovered first?
  • What HoMM community you frequently visit?
  • Have you ever made maps for HoMM?
  • What others old games do you play?
  • What do you hope to see / to do on this forum?
  • What languages do you speak?
  • What is your favourites in HoMM II ? (what Town, Creature, Spell, Artifact, Hero, map)
  • What else should we ask you?
  • How did you discovered this forum?

In 1996 I tried a demo of an unknown game called Heroes of Might & Magic 1 on a PC Gamer demo CD. It completely blew my mind, I couldn't stop playing it but then the demo turn limit hit and I was devastated, I kept replaying it hoping to finish the map in time but couldn't haha. Thankfully someone at school gave me copy and omg I played it soooo much. Then I bought the HoMM1&2 compendium boxset and was able to finally get the CD quality music in HoMM1 and try out the brilliant HoMM2 for the first time. The rest is history! Played all games and all addons (including chronicles) from 1-5. I own big collectors boxset editions of HoMM6 and 7 but I just haven't had the heart to play them properly due to Ubi leaving them unfinished and abandoning the fans. Maybe one day some good fan patches will sort their remaining bugs out and I can finally give them a go. HoMM3 is still my favourite of the series. Oh and I've played nearly all of the Might & Magic RPGs too. Smile

I run a Heroes of Might & Magic Website where I cover each game in the series and also similar games and my favourite fan mods (mostly H2 & 3 stuff). I play a lot of other retro stuff too like Master of Magic, Civilization, Colonization, Master of Orion, Age of Empires and Command & Conquer/Red Alert to name a few. Naturally my website tributes most of them too haha.

I joined this forum because I only just found it and didn't know it existed. I've been a member at Celestial Heavens for 13 years and Heroes Community for 7 years so some of you may recognise me from those forums. I like engaging the community to find out about new similar HoMM style games and large scale classic HoMM mods while educating others of these great projects too. Hope to do the same here! Smile

Finally my favourite Race to play as in HoMM1 is Sorceress and in HoMM2 probably Warlock. Enjoy playing as humans in both too. Love playing as Humans in HoMM3, but I generally enjoy all the races in that one. Humans win again in HoMM4 and HoMM5 too although undead in HoMM5 are bloody good too.
Back to top Go down
https://blakessanctum.x10.mx/Games/HOMMSeries/
GodRage
Webmaster
Webmaster
GodRage

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 7 Icon_minitime2019-06-20, 22:49

Welcome to the Forums of Enroth, Ctesiphon and Blake01 Smile

Ctesiphon wrote:
Doom 1,2; Age of Empires 2
Age of Empires 2!! <3  ... &lt;3 You probably watch "T90" sometimes? Introduce yourself - Page 7 1809922686

Blake01 wrote:
In 1996 I tried a demo of an unknown game called Heroes of Might & Magic 1 on a PC Gamer demo CD. It completely blew my mind, I couldn't stop playing it but then the demo turn limit hit and I was devastated, I kept replaying it hoping to finish the map in time but couldn't haha.
I think many players discovered HoMM this way. Smile

evanisdead
Gargoyle
Gargoyle
evanisdead

Quality Points : 9
Registration Date : 2020-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 7 Icon_minitime2020-01-03, 08:40

It's about time I join the community of one of my favorite ever game series, so hello everyone! I'm Evan, 20, a software developer in training, and a huge retro nerd!

I don't remember when exactly I started playing HoMM, but my first game was the second one. I was a little kid watching my mom play it in the early 2000s (perhaps 2003?), and she taught me the basics like capturing mines, and soon my dad made the mistake of teaching me 32167.

I own all of the games with their expansion packs up until V, for which I own just the base game, and VI, which I never got to run smoothly on my old Windows XP, and sort of forgot about after getting a new pc. Still haven't touched it since, but I might someday! Probably needs tons of patches, since I did get it as soon as it came out. I currently have no interest in trying any of the newer games, and I hear that not many die-hard HoMM fans are fond of them either.

I don't consider myself a gamer in terms of modern gaming, but I play the heck out of old games, my other favorite series being the DOOM (I&II) and Age of Empires (I&II + expansion packs) games. I'm also a huge nerd for DOS games, and retro games in general. The older the better!

I may be one of the minority when I say that Heroes IV is my favorite game in the series gameplay-wise; there's nothing more satisfying than leveling up your heroes to take on entire armies on their own and using weak troops to scavenge for resources instead of wasting an extra 2500 gold pieces on a new hero while you're still early into the game.
Art, music, sound effect, and of course nostalgia-wise, Heroes II is my favorite. I can't get over how nice this forum looks!

As for the questions posted in the topic:

One for Heroes II, but I never playtested it thoroughly. Got two WIP maps for Heroes IV, but they're very time-consuming, so I abandoned them. Might resume working on them someday. I spend much more time playing other people's maps than making my own.

Other than the ones I already mentioned, few of my favorites are:
- Amnesia
- Battle for Wesnoth
- Hexen, Hexen II & Heretic
- Star wars: Dark Forces
- Commander Keen series
- Warcraft I&II

Make friends, hopefully! And perhaps find some interesting content to try out; there are certain things like old demos that I've been searching for all over the internet ^^

English, Estonian (primary), Russian (only on speech-level, I'm incredibly illiterate, but can read at a slow pace)

What is your favourites in HoMM II? (what Town, Creature, Spell, Artifact, Hero, map)
Town: All of them o.o But I have a soft spot for the necromancer and warlock towns.
Creature: The dragons, of course! Both bone and live. I just love the bone dragons' evil grin in Heroes II so much.
Spell: Paralyze. Hear me out! Got lots of spell points? Paralyze the strongest troops. Kill the weakest first, then kill the stronger stacks one by one. The opponent never gets a turn if you keep attacking and paralyzing their troops right afterwards, giving you an easy victory. That was my winning strategy when the opponent kept resurrecting their stack of 50 swordsmen and beating me over and over.
Artifact: Only got one in Heroes III - the shackles, because my cowardly opponents keep fleeing from me >:(
Map: Broken Alliance, Dragon Rider, Lost Continent, and finally, Pirate Utopia. My strategy? Ghosts! It is possible to reach the maximum number of troops on that map and experience a memory overflow. Who wants -32000 ghosts?

By asking a question on a different Heroes-related forum ^^
Back to top Go down
GodRage
Webmaster
Webmaster
GodRage

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 7 Icon_minitime2020-01-14, 14:54

Welcome to our Forums, evanisdead Razz

evanisdead wrote:
Art, music, sound effect, and of course nostalgia-wise, Heroes II is my favorite. I can't get over how nice this forum looks!
<3  ... &lt;3

Sir Albe
Mage
Mage
Sir Albe

Quality Points : 452
Registration Date : 2015-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 7 Icon_minitime2020-02-13, 03:52

Hi evanisdead and welcome to the forums Smile It seems Heroes got its hold on you in a young age as so many of us Very Happy

Interesting preference of H4, but it is indeed something special and I got to admit it is joy bringing to max out heroes and watch them sway the battlefield on their own Smile

I hope you find something interesting here on the forums even though much hasn't been happening recently.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Introduce yourself
Page 7 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
~ Forums of Enroth ~ :: International Board :: The Tavern-
Jump to: