~ Forums of Enroth ~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~ Forums of Enroth ~

The Enroth diehard fan community

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» fheroes2 General Announcements
Project Ironfist announcements Icon_minitimeby sirDranik 2024-03-17, 23:35

» Photo Gallery
Project Ironfist announcements Icon_minitimeby Sir Albe 2024-03-07, 06:57

» Heroes Orchestra's 5th Birthday concerts with Paul Romero
Project Ironfist announcements Icon_minitimeby Sir Albe 2024-03-07, 06:55

» Polskie powitanie
Project Ironfist announcements Icon_minitimeby rrravyn 2024-03-05, 04:02

» Heroes II localisation: how to make no-CD patch.
Project Ironfist announcements Icon_minitimeby kiku 2024-02-19, 02:43

» WARNING - The dreaded moment is here: Heroes 6 servers shutting down
Project Ironfist announcements Icon_minitimeby Blake01 2024-02-17, 15:25

» Forum Admins Feed
Project Ironfist announcements Icon_minitimeby GodRage 2024-02-15, 22:10

Poll
Global announcements should be:
Everlasting, 1 for each project.
Project Ironfist announcements Redbar110%Project Ironfist announcements Redbar12
 0% [ 0 ]
Temporary, when there is something new to announce.
Project Ironfist announcements Redbar11100%Project Ironfist announcements Redbar12
 100% [ 6 ]
Holalala... No idea where the Ultimate artifact is.
Project Ironfist announcements Redbar110%Project Ironfist announcements Redbar12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6
Most Viewed Topics
H3SW: General Graphics discussion
Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW
Introduce yourself
H3SW General Discussion
H3SW Map List: Work in progress
H3SW: Dwelling Development
Forum Admins Feed
The Floody Land
Enrothian Fan Art
Heroes III: The Succession Wars v0.8.1 Beta

Project Ironfist announcements

Go down 
+11
openmind
achandab
Steven Aus
Unknown_Hero
Darmani
Dark Dragon
Baronus
Orzie
robizeratul
Sir Albe
kuj0317
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Darmani
Master Modder
Master Modder
Darmani

Quality Points : 47
Registration Date : 2014-12-27

Project Ironfist announcements Empty
PostSubject: Project Ironfist announcements   Project Ironfist announcements Icon_minitime2016-03-07, 10:34

Here is where we repost everything from ironfi.st.

------------------------------------------

Ironfist 0.8.4
Author: Remses
FEB
We have implemented scripting enhancements. Script errors are now handled in a more appropriate way, and include a description of what caused the crash. Map variables from scripts are persistent through saves/loads. More detailed information about map variables can be found in the documentation.

Both of these changes are included in the new Ironfist 0.8.4 release.
Back to top Go down
Darmani
Master Modder
Master Modder
Darmani

PostSubject: Re: Project Ironfist announcements   Project Ironfist announcements Icon_minitime2016-05-26, 18:35

Ironfist 1.0
Author: Darmani Edit
MAY
After months of hard work, the Ironfist team is pleased to release Ironfist 1.0, available for download immediately.

New map: Last Stand

Lord Varuun is growing in strength. A mysterious hero wanders. With lots of special features, this will be the most interesting map you’ve ever played.

Over 30 new scripting calls, and 4 new triggers

Whether it’s changing a map object, summoning a creature mid battle, or programming a new event to occur on a map object, we have lots of new ways to make your Ironfist maps amazing.

Miscellaneous Improvements and Bugfixes

With fixes both to the original game (fixing elemental spell immunity), Ironfist, and Ironfist maps, game quality is constantly improving.

We have a lot of big announcements coming soon. Big things are ahead.
Back to top Go down
kuj0317
Peasant
Peasant
kuj0317

Quality Points : 0
Registration Date : 2016-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Project Ironfist announcements   Project Ironfist announcements Icon_minitime2016-06-03, 11:00

I am SOOOO excited to try this out... but where is the download? All I can find is the old installer on the old site? It's not in the downloads forum either.
Back to top Go down
Darmani
Master Modder
Master Modder
Darmani

PostSubject: Re: Project Ironfist announcements   Project Ironfist announcements Icon_minitime2016-06-21, 09:00

Hello Everyone!

Today I’m proud to announce a great development in Project IRONFIST! – as you all know the last few years have been a little quiet, but here over the past few months we have been re-igniting the engines of war! ….. and the progress has been amazing! You saw a little bit of what we’ve been working on with our last update, but now we’re going to show you a bit more of what’s coming.

First, we’ve upgraded the Last Stand map, which will form a prelude to the new campaign.

But the real news is that we’ve been gearing up to build the new Cyborg faction. We’ve tripled the size of the team in the last few months, and plan to grow a lot more.

We’ve designed a pretty exciting lineup of creatures for the faction, like the Shadow Warrior, whose venomous blades can make any creature it strikes more vulnerable to damage.

Project Ironfist announcements 0hIwkTV

We have a lot more like that coming. We’ll have a large monthly updates and a smaller bi-weekly updates of our progress from now!

Want to join? Our team is now officially open for new-blood. Send a sample of your work to homm2ironfist@gmail.com . Do you have what it takes?

We’re now looking for the following roles:

1. Graphics Designer (both 2D and 3D) – if you can turn 4 colors into a lush forest – then you are the one we’re looking for – Join our elite team to be a crucial part of the development of this awesome adventure!
  2. Code Ninja – if you have the talent and speed to dive into a codebase and build new features, or even reverse-engineer old ones, come join our elite group of developers and help shape this awesome Cyborg campaign! Also, did I mention the technology that makes our modding possible is seriously impressive (developed by an MIT computer scientist).
  3. Sound Designer – if you are able to manipulate sounds so well that you’ll be able to re-make retro music in a cool new campaign bringing sci-fi and fantasy into a unique clash – come join us!!
  4. Concept artist – if you a have a passion for both Sci-fi and Fantasy, and you think you can bring to life the awesome characters and environments we’ve created – come test your skills with us!!

Special note:
We’ll have a large monthly update and a smaller bi-weekly update of our progress from now! (it says this above)
Join us in this amazing campaign to breath life into this awesome sci-fi fantasy game!!!

Onward!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sir Albe
Mage
Mage
Sir Albe

Quality Points : 452
Registration Date : 2015-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Project Ironfist announcements   Project Ironfist announcements Icon_minitime2016-06-21, 23:17

Looks great guys. Cool trailer also. How do you manage to defeat the elemental hero if another elemental spawns each time you kill one? I can't quite figure it out Very Happy

Last edited by Sir Albe on 2016-08-11, 21:37; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
robizeratul
Elf
Elf
robizeratul

Quality Points : 32
Registration Date : 2015-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Project Ironfist announcements   Project Ironfist announcements Icon_minitime2016-06-22, 05:55

Interesting news! I must ask, is this a completely different project from H3SW? Will you not use any assets from them, and they from you?

Seems like a waste, not seeing the cyborg town in H3SW would be a disappointment...Same goes for Ironfist.

Depends of course what goals you have.
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

Quality Points : 843
Registration Date : 2014-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Project Ironfist announcements   Project Ironfist announcements Icon_minitime2016-06-22, 08:48

Seems that the guys have drastically different ideas in mind in comparison with my initial idea which is closer to what Orothin proposed.

Anyways, I have no objections if the guys will develop this concept further, but I am not sure I will be able to sustain the development myself.

Concerning the Cyborg for H3SW - it might be, but we have other work to do for the following years.

P.S. not a fan of sharing assets from one project to another. For me personally it's nicer to have all projects having their unique feats rather than dumping a pile of assets in one piece (for the sake of the lovers to play as Musketeers vs. Pirates vs. U.S. army of the XXI century simply because they want more factions and don't care that they don't fit to each other) without caring about their initial idea, associated plot and destiny.

Master Modder
Master Modder
Darmani

PostSubject: Re: Project Ironfist announcements   Project Ironfist announcements Icon_minitime2016-06-22, 12:49

Orzie: Hey, we did ask you to send us what you had before we began the new design. Wink

Sir Albe: Notice there are certain times when the elementals take damage but don't spawn. Notice also *where* they spawn.

Sidenote: The song in the trailer is "With an Iron Fist" by Yoav Goren. I've been wanting to use it for years. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Baronus
Nomad
Nomad
Baronus

Quality Points : 1
Registration Date : 2016-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Project Ironfist announcements   Project Ironfist announcements Icon_minitime2016-06-22, 19:33

In download is wroted that PI was tested on Win xp. But in mine is table ,,for 64 bits system". I want ask: Its only 64bits Win xp?
Back to top Go down
Dark Dragon
Skeleton
Skeleton
Dark Dragon

Quality Points : 2
Registration Date : 2015-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Project Ironfist announcements   Project Ironfist announcements Icon_minitime2016-06-30, 00:55

Fans are saying that's artwork from another game (DOT2 or sth). I would be nice if you could share your own artworks Wink.
Back to top Go down
http://www.acidcave.net
Darmani
Master Modder
Master Modder
Darmani

PostSubject: Re: Project Ironfist announcements   Project Ironfist announcements Icon_minitime2016-07-02, 15:13

Yep, it's from DOTA 2. It's meant to give you a taste of what's to come (and inspire our artists). You have to wait for more. (It puts a lot of pressure on our artists to put their work out there in public, especially when it hasn't been finalized yet.)
Back to top Go down
Darmani
Master Modder
Master Modder
Darmani

PostSubject: Re: Project Ironfist announcements   Project Ironfist announcements Icon_minitime2016-08-18, 18:33

Maps get more interesting: Ironfist 1.2 released!

We’ve been cooking some things up over the last few months, and it’s finally all come together. Ironfist 1.2 is here!

The scripting system has been substantially improved. Want to track every square that each hero has stepped on? Now easy thanks to new improvements to map variables. Multiple new triggers and functions have been released. Zombies are waiting to jump out of every chest thanks to the insidious “StartBattle” function.

See it in action by playing the new (and final!) version of the map “Last Stand.” Many surprises await.

Soon we will begin announcing the new Cyborg creatures. Keep a watch on the next one….lest he disappear in a puff of smoke.

We are welcoming new members to our awesome team. Are you a kickass artists, stellar mapmaker, or coding rockstar? Send a sample of your work to homm2ironfist@gmail.com
Back to top Go down
Darmani
Master Modder
Master Modder
Darmani

PostSubject: Re: Project Ironfist announcements   Project Ironfist announcements Icon_minitime2016-09-07, 02:08

Hey to all Heroes,

Today we are proud to announce the first creature in our new Cyber Faction!

Project Ironfist announcements Shadow_attack

It is the brand new Shadow Warrior!

These Elite Warriors volunteered to be augmented with cyber-enhancements to make them the ultimate stealth infiltrators!

They have trained in all martial arts for many years to become the perfect assassins!

They can skulk in the shadows and pounce on their prey, without warning delivering a lethal blows.

Their special shadow ability allows them to dodge the first attack on any round, which makes them a very unique dodge tank against foes and their poisoned daggers will render any target vulnerable to this turn’s attacks, making an awesome combo gameplay opportunity with all other units!!

We at Ironfist hope you enjoy the Shadow Warrior just as much as we do and stick around for the next update that will introduce the next awesome creature from the Cyborg Faction – the Cyber Behemoth – a hulking horror – part magical creature part augmented super giant!

Project Ironfist announcements Shadow_vanish

Also a new alpha version for one of our first maps is in the works to test all the new creatures and we’d love to hear from some volunteer testers that would be interested to help us out with testing these awesome creatures!!

Thank you all – and see you in a couple of weeks with our next update!

So, till next time – Work hard – Play harder!!

P.S.

We’re on the prowl for new programmers and web-designers, so if you are one or know anyone with the awesome skill to join our super ninja programming team – please send us a shout. :-)
Back to top Go down
Unknown_Hero
Mage
Mage
Unknown_Hero

Quality Points : 78
Registration Date : 2015-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Project Ironfist announcements   Project Ironfist announcements Icon_minitime2016-09-07, 04:39

A quick feedback about the "dodge" capacity of the Shadow Warrior.

I avoid, at all costs and systematically, all the games with "miss" (the attacker misses his attack, and gives zero damage) and "dodge" (the defender dodges an attack, and gets zero damage), for me, it's too frustrating to play a game with these features, and it's not fun.
I stopped playing original "Battle for Westnoth" because of this, and I play it only with the "no randomness mod".

In Heroes of Might and Magic 2, the creatures who attack make always damage, even if it can possibly be only 1 damage point.
I much more prefer this "damage range system". No matter what, an attack always makes damage. For me this is a very important foundation of Heroes 2.

This must be taken into consideration and is very important. Exclamation

I know you want to add new and interesting capacities for the new creatures, but this completely breaks the "standards" of Heroes 2.
What you can make is that, instead of dodge, he takes only half damage from an attack. This will be much more in line with the way Heroes 2 operates.

Apart from that, I am a volunteer. Smile
Back to top Go down
Baronus
Nomad
Nomad
Baronus

PostSubject: Re: Project Ironfist announcements   Project Ironfist announcements Icon_minitime2016-09-11, 02:23

Yes its iritating. But you have eg. no counter. Its too iritating if you are attacked. So it can ability for unit. People like it other no.
Unit looks cyber. Its hard to rate faction looking for one unit. Good you work on this mod :-)
Back to top Go down
Darmani
Master Modder
Master Modder
Darmani

PostSubject: Re: Project Ironfist announcements   Project Ironfist announcements Icon_minitime2016-09-22, 13:30

Dancing peasants and stability improvements: Ironfist 1.2.1 released

Over at Ironfist HQ, we’ve been working hard on a fairly….explosive….new creature. Still, we thought we’d share an early treat with you by releasing a new version of Ironfist!

We’ve done various minor stability tweaks, fixed the infamous “Dancing Peasants” bug fixed a minor bug in Sorrow’s End, and made some additional improvements to The Last Stand, (courtesy of one of our fans, “The Unknown Hero”). All this adds up to one solid Ironfist 1.2.1 release. Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
Steven Aus
Elf
Elf
Steven Aus

Quality Points : 38
Registration Date : 2015-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Project Ironfist announcements   Project Ironfist announcements Icon_minitime2016-09-24, 23:17

What did you think of Unknown Hero's previous post about the Dodge ability of the Shadow Warrior, and how it may well be better to halve normal damage on the first strike each round rather than avoiding it completely?
Back to top Go down
Darmani
Master Modder
Master Modder
Darmani

PostSubject: Re: Project Ironfist announcements   Project Ironfist announcements Icon_minitime2016-09-25, 07:56

A lot of people have opinions about game design, but it's actually a pretty deep and well-understood subject. I'm not an expert game designer, but I've had a lot of training. The person who designed the Shadow Assassin, however, is an expert game designer (in the industry for 15 years, lead designer on AAA titles, etc).

We will be releasing versions after every new creature. We do expect to modify creatures substantially after seeing how they play. Trying to discuss game design issues among a general audience before anyone's tried it tends to go poorly ....especially if we're just talking about one aspect of one creature. If you really want to know what it's like, I'll be happy to play a pen-and-paper battle with the Shadow Assassin over Skype.

I think I get Unknown Hero's concerns. It does kinda suck to just have your attack do nothing. There are a lot of game-design reasons why I think this creature will actually be a lot of fun, and allow a lot of strategizing. Also, there are other instances in HoMM where attacks can miss. The Ghosts/Spectres of HoMM V are one example. I think there are some in King's Bounty too.
Back to top Go down
Unknown_Hero
Mage
Mage
Unknown_Hero

Quality Points : 78
Registration Date : 2015-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Project Ironfist announcements   Project Ironfist announcements Icon_minitime2016-09-26, 01:37

My point is that, during combats in Heroes 2, the goal is to be the first to attack by doing maximum of damage, it is not hoping for an eventual hit.
This is really the "spirit" of Heroes 2.

Adding the dodge ability will completely alter this spirit.
Back to top Go down
Steven Aus
Elf
Elf
Steven Aus

Quality Points : 38
Registration Date : 2015-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Project Ironfist announcements   Project Ironfist announcements Icon_minitime2016-09-26, 10:30

I agree.  I think it is is a decent enough compromise to do half damage (what other ability halves the first attack against it per round?) but we are talking about H2 here, H2 has its own spirit and a complete dodge goes against it.
Back to top Go down
Darmani
Master Modder
Master Modder
Darmani

PostSubject: Re: Project Ironfist announcements   Project Ironfist announcements Icon_minitime2016-10-04, 11:07

Fear it: The Cyber Behemoth

You’ve waited….and now it’s here.

The Cyborgs have been busy upgrading the various creatures they find in order to help defeat the evil warlocks. They captured the most powerful creatures they could control, and built them into their ultimate weapon.

The Cyber Behemoths are augmented giants, subdued by magical means, and fitted with cranial implants. Their rocket boots give them a fearsome stomp, but their true power lies in the plasma cannon on the back. Twice per battle, they can fire an explosive charge, burning all enemies in a large radius.

Do you want to build awesome creatures like this one? The Ironfist team is on the prowl for new blood, and is actively hunting for rockstar programmers. Is this you? E-mail homm2ironfist@gmail.com and find out.cb9_fight1

Project Ironfist announcements CB9_fight1
Back to top Go down
Baronus
Nomad
Nomad
Baronus

PostSubject: Re: Project Ironfist announcements   Project Ironfist announcements Icon_minitime2016-10-27, 08:57

Good work. I suggest name dreadnought and upgraded juggernaut. Upgraded maybe with armor like tank.
Back to top Go down
Darmani
Master Modder
Master Modder
Darmani

PostSubject: Re: Project Ironfist announcements   Project Ironfist announcements Icon_minitime2016-11-04, 02:07

Y'know, this suggestion is starting to grow on me. The current creature lineup contains the word "Cyber" a bit too many times.
Back to top Go down
achandab
Skeleton
Skeleton
achandab

Quality Points : 3
Registration Date : 2016-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Project Ironfist announcements   Project Ironfist announcements Icon_minitime2016-11-04, 22:58

when is this scheduled for release. Sorry new to the forums. Also download is down on the ironfi.st site
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

Quality Points : 843
Registration Date : 2014-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Project Ironfist announcements   Project Ironfist announcements Icon_minitime2016-11-08, 22:48

Whoa, guys, the new Ironfist site looks gorgeous. I didn't visit it for a good while, and now my eyes are pleased.

PostSubject: Re: Project Ironfist announcements   Project Ironfist announcements Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Project Ironfist announcements
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next