~ Forums of Enroth ~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~ Forums of Enroth ~

The Enroth diehard fan community

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Songs of Conquest
H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 21 Icon_minitimeby Blake01 2024-04-07, 15:14

» ...to XP run...
H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 21 Icon_minitimeby CATMAN 2024-03-30, 03:16

» WARNING - The dreaded moment is here: Heroes 6 servers shutting down
H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 21 Icon_minitimeby Blake01 2024-03-29, 23:04

» Songs of Silence (HoMM like game)
H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 21 Icon_minitimeby Blake01 2024-03-27, 16:52

» Heroes Orchestra's 5th Birthday concerts with Paul Romero
H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 21 Icon_minitimeby rrravyn 2024-03-23, 22:45

» fheroes2 General Announcements
H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 21 Icon_minitimeby sirDranik 2024-03-17, 23:35

» Photo Gallery
H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 21 Icon_minitimeby Sir Albe 2024-03-07, 06:57

Poll
Global announcements should be:
Everlasting, 1 for each project.
H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 21 Redbar110%H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 21 Redbar12
 0% [ 0 ]
Temporary, when there is something new to announce.
H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 21 Redbar11100%H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 21 Redbar12
 100% [ 6 ]
Holalala... No idea where the Ultimate artifact is.
H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 21 Redbar110%H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 21 Redbar12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6
Most Viewed Topics
H3SW: General Graphics discussion
Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW
Introduce yourself
H3SW General Discussion
H3SW Map List: Work in progress
H3SW: Dwelling Development
Forum Admins Feed
The Floody Land
Enrothian Fan Art
Heroes III: The Succession Wars v0.8.1 Beta

Go down 
+33
Loom
robizeratul
Pitsu
satyrlord
badlemon
xxswwxx
Kantez
AkuAkuIslands
Ragoon
Orzie
Aescule
DeathLust
Abekat
Orothin
Graion Dilach
Radagast82
zxcv1234
buffkaz
Kivo
BoseDrache
Galaad
Uhm
Sir Albe
feanor
Agar
NikitaTheTanner
tophatchild
thgergo
Steven Aus
Tibor0803
Dr Slash
Thorjac
GodRage
37 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 27  Next
AuthorMessage
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

Quality Points : 843
Registration Date : 2014-12-12

H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: H3SW: General Graphics discussion   H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 21 Icon_minitime2017-05-05, 00:45

I can't think of a better solution currently. I support your idea with the small houses based on 1st level dwelling, and think that we can proceed with your iteration of the townscreen. The only thing that will need to be done is further adjustment of the houses to make them look a little more unique. Also, I am still pretty unsure about that square road thing I once designed, it looks pretty rough and it doesn't give any clue how we are going to make the roads when the City Hall is not built yet.

With your idea I've got another one concerning all townscreens. To make the addition of such element as inactive houses on the townscreen looking a little more legit, I suggest forethinking about all 8 factions in advance.
The main points are:

- Adding several inactive buildings based on (or at least inspired by) 1st level dwellings in exterior;
- Thus filling the space nicely because original townscreens were never meant to be expanded;
- Thus also giving the player a hint about such a big number of level 1 creatures available for hire each week.

To be honest, 50 peasants available for hire each week in Heroes 2 from one single house looked a little strange in my opinion. So that I generally support your idea, and also suggest thinking about same possible solutions for other factions. The only current problem is the Warlock's townscreen where we don't have another cliff to put additional smaller inactive caves to (probably all of them must be on the background). Probably, we will require Agar's help on this piece with adding new 3D renders.

Mage
Mage
Sir Albe

Quality Points : 452
Registration Date : 2015-07-16

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: General Graphics discussion   H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 21 Icon_minitime2017-05-05, 07:49

I have been working on the miniature for the new Medusa Queen by Ragoon. What do you think?

Medusa:
H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 21 GGZM1GQ
Medusa Queen:
H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 21 X4x0vbc

2X:
H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 21 YYxHZQW
H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 21 PE9OofA
Back to top Go down
Ragoon
Minotaur
Minotaur
Ragoon

Quality Points : 350
Registration Date : 2016-05-30

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: General Graphics discussion   H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 21 Icon_minitime2017-05-05, 08:38

Very good job Albe, I like it! Smile

I'm posting two frames from attack anim if you would like to improve it further (make it more similar, although it's not necessary imo)

H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 21 Ob0M1n9

Things like blue bow string or arrow details etc.
Will you make animated version for it? It's 2-4 frames if I remember

Sir Albe
Mage
Mage
Sir Albe

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: General Graphics discussion   H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 21 Icon_minitime2017-05-05, 09:03

Thanks, Ragoon. Those will be useful for me Smile I might change the bow string if it looks good in blue. I don't know if I can improve the arrow to be more precise. Just 1 pixel might make it too big. I plan to animate it myself and make its attack sprite, where these pictures also will come in very handy Smile
Back to top Go down
Ragoon
Minotaur
Minotaur
Ragoon

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: General Graphics discussion   H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 21 Icon_minitime2017-05-05, 09:08

You can simply open any gif from animations thread in most of graphic programs and it'll show you every single frame Smile If they're not looking pretty that's probably because of gif optimalization option. I'm sure you can find a way to deoptimalize them (in GIMP it's just 1 click in filters > animations > deoptimalize)

Sir Albe
Mage
Mage
Sir Albe

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: General Graphics discussion   H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 21 Icon_minitime2017-05-05, 10:03

Some quick fixes. What do you think? Personally I think the blue string looks okay, but the arrow is too big.

H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 21 ZBskiO3

2X:
H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 21 XYYDOTe
Back to top Go down
Uhm
Vampire
Vampire
Uhm

Quality Points : 477
Registration Date : 2015-07-17

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: General Graphics discussion   H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 21 Icon_minitime2017-05-06, 04:20

Good job Smile I think that blue string + smaller arrow looks best.

Well, Roland, it seems I've won our little contest.  But don't worry. Not only have I decided to spare your life, but I am appointing you monarch of the Western Tower.  Perhaps I will come and visit your splendid court, when you are not entertaining important rats and spiders.
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: General Graphics discussion   H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 21 Icon_minitime2017-05-06, 15:12

I agree with Uhm on the matter. I would also love to see the bow edges varied in the way like the full-size version is. Currently it resembles Elf's bow too much.

Thank you for your input!

Mage
Mage
Sir Albe

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: General Graphics discussion   H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 21 Icon_minitime2017-05-08, 20:55

I tried to make the bow a bit more curvy and a pixel shorter. I also tried to implement the curvy top, but it isn't easy when it is such a small detail. Any suggestions for improvement? Smile

H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 21 OXUMqZy

2x:
H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 21 YT5aVFS
Back to top Go down
Ragoon
Minotaur
Minotaur
Ragoon

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: General Graphics discussion   H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 21 Icon_minitime2017-05-08, 21:20

This new version isn't an improvement imo. Not much has changed and bow is still not right.
My suggestion:

Before - After
H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 21 JAWJfALH3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 21 Ve2NABs

x2
H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 21 YT5aVFSH3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 21 P8e3kZ3

Fixed double elbow, shorter, golden bow and blue fletching + longer arrow tip

Sir Albe
Mage
Mage
Sir Albe

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: General Graphics discussion   H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 21 Icon_minitime2017-05-08, 21:43

It looks great Ragoon. I am going with that one, if there is no further suggestions Smile
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: General Graphics discussion   H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 21 Icon_minitime2017-06-03, 05:48

So, what draws the most attention for you here?
I know it's far from perfect, but I have a strong feeling that the v0.8 beta must be released in near future.

For me it's still the roads around the statue which stand out completely and don't complement to any other townscreens having roads.

H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 21 KNpOOls

Mage
Mage
Sir Albe

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: General Graphics discussion   H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 21 Icon_minitime2017-06-03, 07:00

I would actually say the building in the lower left corner. It looks a bit weird, what is it actually? Other than that I got no complaints only cheers! It looks amazing, but I highly agree that we must really focus on getting v0.8 out soon - that means no time for "new" stuff and finishing the missing and most important stuff. Is Feanor around at the moment?
Back to top Go down
Ragoon
Minotaur
Minotaur
Ragoon

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: General Graphics discussion   H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 21 Icon_minitime2017-06-03, 07:40

My list of changes: (Also small edits town hall's darker side)

H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 21 IBQnNIW

PNG:

Sir Albe
Mage
Mage
Sir Albe

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: General Graphics discussion   H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 21 Icon_minitime2017-06-03, 07:58

I like your road better, but not the other changes.
Back to top Go down
Ragoon
Minotaur
Minotaur
Ragoon

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: General Graphics discussion   H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 21 Icon_minitime2017-06-03, 08:03

why?

Sir Albe
Mage
Mage
Sir Albe

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: General Graphics discussion   H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 21 Icon_minitime2017-06-03, 08:56

Ragoon wrote:
why?

I can try to explain it, but it is of course a very subjective thing, so don't take it personal please Smile I don't see why you would rather want an bald field rather than a lush/grown one. I find the tower (Crossbowman dwelling) looking washed out and pale, I don't see why you want to change it. The roof on the city hall tower looks unfitting compared to the rest of the roof. I also don't think the water needs to be more saturated, it always have looked a little different from the ocean on the map for instance and that is no problem to me.
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: General Graphics discussion   H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 21 Icon_minitime2017-06-03, 16:50

Yes, half of the suggested fixes concern the original graphics, not ours. Former Captain's Quarters is what the Outpost (Crossbowman dwelling) currently is. If fixed, it stands out too much because all the area right to the castle is shadowed, but the Outpost isn't anymore. I agree with Sir Albe on the matter of water, too. The roads near the Mage Guild/Cathedral are unchanged from classics. The fix may have been legit if improved to the level where the road is clearly visible though. It is still useful.

I do appreciate the fields fixes however, because the green field brings too much brightness for that part of the screen. The road colors are mostly chosen right, too.

The tower top of the City Hall cannot have the same pattern as the ones from the Cathedral because of the perspective distortion. The brick lines cannot be present at that angle. The only possibly required fixes there would concern lighting. I do appreciate some fixes on the shadowed side of the City Hall, however.

Now, what troubles me the most is not the color scheme of the road square, but its shape. In fact, this solution feels much more natural to me and this has been already the point of argument in this topic. It also fills the right area better (still would require fixes though):

H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 21 GLi3FRj

P.S. feanor is currently looking for job, but we'll see how things will go in June. For now, we can use the txt file to assign all missing creature specialties (starting from the Barbarian if I recall correctly) to continue with the testing.

Minotaur
Minotaur
Ragoon

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: General Graphics discussion   H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 21 Icon_minitime2017-06-03, 20:41

I dont know how roads will be added in the game (as a part of other buildings? or will be there from the start?) but I think that it would be a good idea to have a straight line from armory to the town hall and add second line with cathedral apperance only. And round road with statue :p

Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: General Graphics discussion   H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 21 Icon_minitime2017-06-04, 05:02

In fact, the complexity here is that only some of the roads are shown on the completely empty townscreen, and this was another reason to consider the road triangle.

The square was meant to appear with the appearance of the Statue, which is in turn appearing only with the City Hall (+2000 monies per day). I still want to use your suggestions somehow and probably find an option which would satisfy the majority.

The new roads technically are part of the buildings just like Uhm's proposed inactive houses, and they are not active either. So, they appear as background objects, just like the Statue. We still can make the Statue clickable though, as a part of the City Hall.

Minotaur
Minotaur
Ragoon

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: General Graphics discussion   H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 21 Icon_minitime2017-06-04, 05:30

Well, I'm almost 100% sure that the townscreen/roads will be changed and tweaked after v0.8 so I don't see the point of doing it perfect (and satisfying for the most of the community). It's good as it is right now :p

Uhm
Vampire
Vampire
Uhm

Quality Points : 477
Registration Date : 2015-07-17

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: General Graphics discussion   H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 21 Icon_minitime2017-07-06, 00:47

Okay guys, this is how it looks in-game:
Spoiler:

All buildings added except Brotherhood of steel. Still need to prepare animations of Castle, Docks and fixing flags and roads. Otherwise - it's ready.

Update: Only docks and boat animations are left to do. Will we have Brotherhood of Steel and Lighthouse or something else instead?

Well, Roland, it seems I've won our little contest.  But don't worry. Not only have I decided to spare your life, but I am appointing you monarch of the Western Tower.  Perhaps I will come and visit your splendid court, when you are not entertaining important rats and spiders.
Back to top Go down
feanor
Master Modder
Master Modder
feanor

Quality Points : 65
Registration Date : 2015-06-30

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: General Graphics discussion   H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 21 Icon_minitime2017-07-08, 09:48

Uhm wrote:
Will we have Brotherhood of Steel and Lighthouse or something else instead?
Fortifications instead of Lighthouse..somewhen.
No opinion about Brotherhood, I think, we certainly should discuss special buildings sometime.
Back to top Go down
Sir Albe
Mage
Mage
Sir Albe

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: General Graphics discussion   H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 21 Icon_minitime2017-07-08, 20:35

I really think we should leave that discussion for later. For now I think we should stick with the H3 buildings and effects when we can't use H2 buildings (it doesn't make sense for the fortifications to increase the movement on sea). Also Feanor I gathered a list of programming related bugs in the excel file called "Bugs in current version of H3SW". It contains general bugs, but also still some creature ability bugs. Feel free to update it when needed.
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: General Graphics discussion   H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 21 Icon_minitime2017-07-13, 17:06

I'm not against Brotherhood of Steel the Sword lol , and I think we can actually discuss its design. The current one is acceptable for the beta, so if we won't come to anything, it's not as critical.

What's pity is that I cannot reach the most actual townscreen files: when I use both the UpToDate folders, the townscreen is still old.
UPD. Updated town_coords.ini, but it of course doesn't solve the townscreen graphics themselves.

Nevermind, I've found it. I think it will be better to place the graphics in the UpToDate folder: they will be only slightly improved with the course of time. I'm starting to fix the houses, town hall and I'll still try to design a fancier road scheme so that Uhm will be happy. Smile

P.S. We really need to do something with this situation. I'll ask feanor about it.

H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 21 GkRVk30

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: General Graphics discussion   H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 21 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 27Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 27  Next