~ Forums of Enroth ~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~ Forums of Enroth ~

The Enroth diehard fan community

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Songs of Conquest
H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 20 Icon_minitimeby Blake01 2024-04-07, 15:14

» ...to XP run...
H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 20 Icon_minitimeby CATMAN 2024-03-30, 03:16

» WARNING - The dreaded moment is here: Heroes 6 servers shutting down
H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 20 Icon_minitimeby Blake01 2024-03-29, 23:04

» Songs of Silence (HoMM like game)
H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 20 Icon_minitimeby Blake01 2024-03-27, 16:52

» Heroes Orchestra's 5th Birthday concerts with Paul Romero
H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 20 Icon_minitimeby rrravyn 2024-03-23, 22:45

» fheroes2 General Announcements
H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 20 Icon_minitimeby sirDranik 2024-03-17, 23:35

» Photo Gallery
H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 20 Icon_minitimeby Sir Albe 2024-03-07, 06:57

Poll
Global announcements should be:
Everlasting, 1 for each project.
H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 20 Redbar110%H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 20 Redbar12
 0% [ 0 ]
Temporary, when there is something new to announce.
H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 20 Redbar11100%H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 20 Redbar12
 100% [ 6 ]
Holalala... No idea where the Ultimate artifact is.
H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 20 Redbar110%H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 20 Redbar12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6
Most Viewed Topics
H3SW: General Graphics discussion
Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW
Introduce yourself
H3SW General Discussion
H3SW Map List: Work in progress
H3SW: Dwelling Development
Forum Admins Feed
The Floody Land
Enrothian Fan Art
Heroes III: The Succession Wars v0.8.1 Beta

Go down 
+33
Loom
robizeratul
Pitsu
satyrlord
badlemon
xxswwxx
Kantez
AkuAkuIslands
Ragoon
Orzie
Aescule
DeathLust
Abekat
Orothin
Graion Dilach
Radagast82
zxcv1234
buffkaz
Kivo
BoseDrache
Galaad
Uhm
Sir Albe
feanor
Agar
NikitaTheTanner
tophatchild
thgergo
Steven Aus
Tibor0803
Dr Slash
Thorjac
GodRage
37 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 23 ... 27  Next
AuthorMessage
Kantez
Nomad
Nomad
Kantez

Quality Points : 34
Registration Date : 2017-02-19

H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: H3SW: General Graphics discussion   H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 20 Icon_minitime2017-03-04, 07:10

Just awsome Very Happy
Maybe i missed it, but how do other cities looks in current state of the mod?
I know about dervish ~Ragoon (i dont know how to write itXD) castle, and could you show me other ones?
Back to top Go down
AkuAkuIslands
Pikeman
Pikeman
AkuAkuIslands

Quality Points : 27
Registration Date : 2017-02-10

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: General Graphics discussion   H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 20 Icon_minitime2017-03-04, 07:39

Orzie wrote:
So here's what we approximately can have for v0.8.

I can't tell where the old ends and the new begins, so I guess that means it's pretty great Smile Good job!

Orothin wrote:
My proposition for Wizard's unit:

Gremlin
Lvl 4 medium/fast walker (350 gold, maybe some special power like breaking walls or something)

In my mind the Gremlin doesn't really fit with the line-up and I think the Gnome is already quite far along. BUT I really like the concept!
Back to top Go down
Ragoon
Minotaur
Minotaur
Ragoon

Quality Points : 350
Registration Date : 2016-05-30

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: General Graphics discussion   H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 20 Icon_minitime2017-03-04, 08:21

The only thing that catches my eye is two very different shades of water - near the castle and below the ship.
Other than that, looking awesome! Good job Orzie Wink

//EDIT And probably capitol shadow is too dark compared to other buildings
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/ragoon97
xxswwxx
Gargoyle
Gargoyle
xxswwxx

Quality Points : 2
Registration Date : 2017-03-04

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: General Graphics discussion   H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 20 Icon_minitime2017-03-04, 09:56

Maybe there should be another upgrade for the witch faction (maybe predator mantis) could have a more yellow tinge to it (making the wasp more at home) I was thinking it could have a more unique ability like strike then move. probly no retaliations. This would allow for advanced hit and run sort of tactics and would be very helpful agaist shooters.

btw love the progress (been follwing since december) cant wait for release!
Back to top Go down
Ragoon
Minotaur
Minotaur
Ragoon

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: General Graphics discussion   H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 20 Icon_minitime2017-03-04, 11:00

Welcome to the forum xxswwxx!

Unfortunately we're not planning to do upgrade for mantis.
H2 upgrades are based on the concept of training and changing gear and that's the reason why almost all humanoid creatures can be upgraded while monster or animal-like cannot. There are some exeptions from the rule like dragons, but that's a different matter :p

Though if you have any ideas about mantis visual design - I'll be sure to hear you out, because it's currently in wip stage Wink

WIP MANTIS:
Back to top Go down
xxswwxx
Gargoyle
Gargoyle
xxswwxx

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: General Graphics discussion   H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 20 Icon_minitime2017-03-04, 11:14

I think the tips of the mantis forearms should be the same color as the eyes and abdomin, a bit like the first draft, and may be the body (below the head) should be a bit thinner. in most mantis they are thinner thatn the head.
Back to top Go down
Sir Albe
Mage
Mage
Sir Albe

Quality Points : 452
Registration Date : 2015-07-16

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: General Graphics discussion   H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 20 Icon_minitime2017-03-04, 11:36

Orzie, the Knight town screen is perfect. Simply that! You did great on it and it certainly is worthy for our mod Smile

Can I ask about the background of the creature portraits, because I like the one shown here more than the current ones. Did you change your mind or is it just for the picture?
Back to top Go down
Uhm
Vampire
Vampire
Uhm

Quality Points : 477
Registration Date : 2015-07-17

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: General Graphics discussion   H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 20 Icon_minitime2017-03-04, 12:57

@Orothin I like this concept much, but it looks like tough and slow tank. We already have Golem in Wizard line-up, so I would rather look for some other creature.

My proposition of changes to the Knight's townscreen, added elements from older works.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

Quality Points : 843
Registration Date : 2014-12-12

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: General Graphics discussion   H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 20 Icon_minitime2017-03-04, 18:25

Kantez wrote:
Orzie, do you remember idea when Derwish castle townscreen is shown in night, to fit style of image from old disney aladdin game?
Dragging this idea furher you coul'd add new variation of desert battle - during night.
Maybe some derwish ability woul'd let him attack during night with some bonuses...

Of course i understand, that adding something like this woul'd waste much time and effort, and for now no one here is able to do so.
Anyway look:

H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 20 Aladdi10H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 20 Arabia10

Not all concepts have to be used, this maybe will be usefull somewhere in the far future or never. Smile

This actually can be implemented with the use of terrain overlays if we decide to make such kind of an object. I of course used that old Aladdin game as one of the references for the Dervish, too.
Back to top Go down
Agar
Elf
Elf
Agar

Quality Points : 160
Registration Date : 2015-07-21

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: General Graphics discussion   H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 20 Icon_minitime2017-03-04, 20:21

The combination of the night screen with daylight of units will look strange, I suppose.
The knights screen is good.
What catches the eye:
Shadows on the roofs of the towers of the town hall is darker than elsewhere.
Top of the chimney of forge sawed strange.
On the new stable door some line runs to the window.
Once we talked about the windows at the town hall. Maybe should do standard windows instead of double ones. Well, not necessarily, of course.
Quote :
The only thing that catches my eye is two very different shades of water - near the castle and below the ship.
This is a classic.
Back to top Go down
Kantez
Nomad
Nomad
Kantez

PostSubject: H3SW: General Graphics discussion   H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 20 Icon_minitime2017-03-04, 20:48

How about this townhall windows?
H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 20 Knigsh10
Back to top Go down
Sir Albe
Mage
Mage
Sir Albe

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: General Graphics discussion   H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 20 Icon_minitime2017-03-04, 21:38

I think I prefer Uhm's variant. I also agree with all of Agar's points.
Back to top Go down
Ragoon
Minotaur
Minotaur
Ragoon

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: General Graphics discussion   H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 20 Icon_minitime2017-03-04, 21:41

I also agree, but without moving archer shooting-range back again. I liked it on the left side of the road, because for the majority of the game it will be blank (besides your trees and signpost).
It also doesn't make sense for archers to shoot in the direction of the markerplace lol

Kantez
, no, it's worse then actual one.
Back to top Go down
Orothin
Gargoyle
Gargoyle
Orothin

Quality Points : 4
Registration Date : 2016-06-03

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: General Graphics discussion   H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 20 Icon_minitime2017-03-04, 23:20

AkuAkuIslands wrote:
In my mind the Gremlin doesn't really fit with the line-up and I think the Gnome is already quite far along. BUT I really like the concept!

I've actually made it to fit with the town's music, it doesn't really work with anything else Razz

And I really like the town screen Smile

About the mantis, I know it's already done much, but what was the reason for leaving the giant spider concept?

Agar wrote:
The combination of the night screen with daylight of units will look strange, I suppose.
Is it possible to add an overlay over all of the units to make them fit, like the bloodlust does it? It would be quite interesting.
Back to top Go down
Kantez
Nomad
Nomad
Kantez

PostSubject: H3SW: General Graphics discussion   H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 20 Icon_minitime2017-03-05, 00:52

Night overlay on units coul'd be combined with something like "fighting in darkness" effect that slow them down by 1 point...
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: General Graphics discussion   H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 20 Icon_minitime2017-03-05, 01:26

Quote :
My proposition of changes to the Knight's townscreen, added elements from older works.

There was a selection of reasons to discard those elements. They are still actual.

1. The bottomleft tree was probably taken by Kivo from the Sorceress, and even despite it more or less fills the corner, it stands out too much. Moreover, when you have an empty townscreen (the majority of games), a single tree stands out too much even more. There is no place for it because the Knight is designed in another way, with flat meadows and high mountains. It's not the Sorceress where trees are abundant and thus don't feel unnatural, with the overall brighter grass gamma and much closer mountains providing an opportunity for the trees to fit.

2. The red ducks were more like an experiment and joke since that was an option to fill the lake for the towns which don't have access to water. However, the animation of the water solves that problem anyway, and the ducks are made in H2 pixel style (adventure map) while they absolutely don't fit to H2 townscreens which are mainly 3D + Uniform Monochrome Noise thing. You already noticed that the Goblin sitting on the Troll Bridge of the Barbarian townscreen is absolutely the same case.

3. The square (roads around the Statue and the lake) was later considered me as an obsolete idea because it looks absolutely unnatural and doesn't solve the problem of an empty townscreen in the beginning of the game. You forget that the roads linking the Well, the Tent and the Village Hall must be a part of the townscreen background and it will look absolutely stupid if the current V-shape will transform to a ring after the City Hall is built. The Statue is designed to be a part of the City Hall, not earlier.

4. Random shrub standing here and there also doesn't look too good for the same reasons as the Tree and doesn't solve any of the townscreen problems. The only good idea was the haystack and the flower bed of the Peasant Hut, and they are considered part of the dwelling, not part of the background.

5. The only issue which is discussable is the Sign Post coming from Heroes 1 which actually might be used as part of the background. There are 2 possible positions for it - near the Well (most logical) and in the bottomleft corner (filling the empty space). But it's already not that required since Heroes 2 background elements tend to be massive, they draw too much attention otherwise.

6. The flower bed near the City Hall is actually a nice idea and can be implemented after some fixes.

Quote :
The knights screen is good.
What catches the eye:
Shadows on the roofs of the towers of the town hall is darker than elsewhere.
Top of the chimney of forge sawed strange.
On the new stable door some line runs to the window.
Once we talked about the windows at the town hall. Maybe should do standard windows instead of double ones. Well, not necessarily, of course.
Thanks, I'll look into it.
The Stable doors are overall a questionable idea so I might even delete it if it won't fit finally.
The double windows are completely okay in my opinion. There are much more urgent cases requiring an input.
Back to top Go down
Uhm
Vampire
Vampire
Uhm

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: General Graphics discussion   H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 20 Icon_minitime2017-03-05, 03:59

1. Trees don't have to be on a townscreen from the beginning, they can appear together with arena to cover an empty left part of it.

3. This square around statue can appear later, maybe even only for a capitol.

4. There is only one additional shrub under the arena and it's only filling an empty space under it. It can appear together with arena.

Also, Archer dwelling hurt my eyes now. It has fixed perspective and in a mirrored version it's evidently standing out among other buildings. The rest is unimportant to me, just don't leave this little horror Razz
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: General Graphics discussion   H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 20 Icon_minitime2017-03-05, 05:34

Quote :
1. Trees don't have to be on a townscreen from the beginning, they can appear together with arena to cover an empty left part of it.
The area without the arena still remains empty, which leaves a questionable character of such an addition. The tree really looks bad and I would understand if you only posed it as a solution to the empty space. It also doesn't look good if included as part of the Jousting Arena because it will still be the only tree on the whole area.

Quote :
3. This square around statue can appear later, maybe even only for a capitol.
Do you really think it's necessary? Theoretically, I could adjust the lighting of the roads in that way so they would fit a little more, but in general this whole "structure" feels very, very unnatural for the townscreen and it would be even more organic if it was a rather wide triangle made of narrow roads instead. Remember that it must look good at any stage of the castle building progress, with my current variant being perfect for the starting setting of the castle.

Quote :
Also, Archer dwelling hurt my eyes now. It has fixed perspective and in a mirrored version it's evidently standing out among other buildings. The rest is unimportant to me, just don't leave this little horror Razz
Feel free to suggest a possible reimplementation of the old non-mirrored form without any radical changes in building positions (except probably the Marketplace and the Resource Silo).
The main reason why it may hurt your eyes is the improper lighting which was mainly not fixed after mirroring the image.

Sir Albe wrote:
Orzie, the Knight town screen is perfect. Simply that! You did great on it and it certainly is worthy for our mod Smile

Can I ask about the background of the creature portraits, because I like the one shown here more than the current ones. Did you change your mind or is it just for the picture?
I just took another cut from the classic H2 background for Knight. Still far from perfect, but I don't see a perfect solution currently. Probably I'll find a better option in the following couple of days before posting the townscreen as our official update. If we are to use H1-styled backgrounds (and Xeen-styled too) as feanor suggested, they should be somehow adjusted to fit to Heroes 2 style, and some - even remade (the H1-styled Knight background is just meh, while the Sorceress' one looks very good even at the current moment). The trouble is not only to fit the creature sprites, but also make the numbers fit and don't conflict with the said sprites, so classic H2 backgrounds also don't work well sometimes.
Back to top Go down
Sir Albe
Mage
Mage
Sir Albe

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: General Graphics discussion   H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 20 Icon_minitime2017-03-05, 12:03

I vote for non-mirrored archer dwelling.

Also, I would hope we returned to H2 styled backgrounds for the creature portraits. It just fits better that it is the town background that is seen on the creature portraits. It has been like that in all H1-H3 and I think it looks better to be honest.
Back to top Go down
GodRage
Webmaster
Webmaster
GodRage

Quality Points : 228
Registration Date : 2009-09-21

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: General Graphics discussion   H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 20 Icon_minitime2017-03-11, 05:17

Amazing! H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 20 589285140
I just feel strange about the Yellow bell. H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 20 3293758093
Back to top Go down
http://homm2.free.fr
xxswwxx
Gargoyle
Gargoyle
xxswwxx

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: General Graphics discussion   H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 20 Icon_minitime2017-03-16, 16:47

Iv had a lot of free time in the past day so i made a very rough concept for a neutral unit- Triton. I was thinking he could be a water based troop whose dwelling is on the water. Would be a tier 5-6 unit. If you like the concept then i made some theoretical stats:

18 attack (balanced because they DO have melee penalty)
8 defense
8-12 damage
2 shots (would throw trident)
45 health
6 speed
Special options (to be decided)
20% less damage from melee, or
Grants Summon Boat and Scuttle Boat skills to hero, or
Water-walk (Would allow hero to walk on water if the only creatures in army are Triton and Water Elemental)

H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 20 Triton10

Back to top Go down
robizeratul
Elf
Elf
robizeratul

Quality Points : 32
Registration Date : 2015-07-01

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: General Graphics discussion   H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 20 Icon_minitime2017-03-16, 23:48

I honestly like the idea, it would make the seas a more interesting place!
Back to top Go down
GodRage
Webmaster
Webmaster
GodRage

Quality Points : 228
Registration Date : 2009-09-21

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: General Graphics discussion   H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 20 Icon_minitime2017-03-17, 01:20

That's right that seas were a bit boring in H2, less boring in H3 (they added some water stuff).
But... for me it's more like we need the navigation skill to allow heroes to not loose all movements points when getting in a boat/leaving a boat. Kind of, you go to the boat and then you still have 1-2-3 movement points. ^^
Back to top Go down
http://homm2.free.fr
Kantez
Nomad
Nomad
Kantez

PostSubject: H3SW: General Graphics discussion   H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 20 Icon_minitime2017-03-17, 05:01

H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 20 Triton10

Triton concept Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Uhm
Vampire
Vampire
Uhm

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: General Graphics discussion   H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 20 Icon_minitime2017-05-03, 02:27

Orzie, how is going work on implementing a Knight townscreen? I came upon a new idea how to fill the left part of the screen without turning Archery Range.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: General Graphics discussion   H3SW: General Graphics discussion - Page 20 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 27Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 23 ... 27  Next