~ Forums of Enroth ~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~ Forums of Enroth ~

The Enroth diehard fan community

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» fheroes2 General Announcements
Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW Icon_minitimeby sirDranik 2024-03-17, 23:35

» Photo Gallery
Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW Icon_minitimeby Sir Albe 2024-03-07, 06:57

» Heroes Orchestra's 5th Birthday concerts with Paul Romero
Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW Icon_minitimeby Sir Albe 2024-03-07, 06:55

» Polskie powitanie
Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW Icon_minitimeby rrravyn 2024-03-05, 04:02

» Heroes II localisation: how to make no-CD patch.
Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW Icon_minitimeby kiku 2024-02-19, 02:43

» WARNING - The dreaded moment is here: Heroes 6 servers shutting down
Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW Icon_minitimeby Blake01 2024-02-17, 15:25

» Forum Admins Feed
Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW Icon_minitimeby GodRage 2024-02-15, 22:10

Poll
Global announcements should be:
Everlasting, 1 for each project.
Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW Redbar110%Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW Redbar12
 0% [ 0 ]
Temporary, when there is something new to announce.
Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW Redbar11100%Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW Redbar12
 100% [ 6 ]
Holalala... No idea where the Ultimate artifact is.
Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW Redbar110%Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW Redbar12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6
Most Viewed Topics
H3SW: General Graphics discussion
Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW
Introduce yourself
H3SW General Discussion
H3SW Map List: Work in progress
H3SW: Dwelling Development
Forum Admins Feed
The Floody Land
Enrothian Fan Art
Heroes III: The Succession Wars v0.8.1 Beta

Go down 
+23
robizeratul
Tibor0803
szaman
xxswwxx
AkuAkuIslands
Aescule
Uhm
Sir Albe
Orzie
Ragoon
buffkaz
Baronus
Abekat
Saki
feanor
djenic
GodRage
NikitaTheTanner
Radagast82
dude
BoseDrache
Kivo
Orothin
27 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Ragoon
Minotaur
Minotaur
Ragoon

Quality Points : 350
Registration Date : 2016-05-30

Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW Empty
PostSubject: Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW   Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW Icon_minitime2016-06-09, 12:17

Hi, I couldn't find any fitting topic so I decided to create my own where I'll post my graphics created for Succesion Wars. Feel free to leave feedback, comments etc Smile

I began with few portraits improvements:
Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW 110
Okay, that face was hilarious xd
Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW 310
That one was hard to recognize from the distance
Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW 410
That one lacked eyes : D
Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW 510
Side lighting? NO for Homm2!
Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW 610
A bit too much make up
Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW 710
And bit more teeth

Then I took on hut for tribal:
Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW Tribal11
Fits all enviroments except lava of course. Looks not as great because of lacking shadow, for now

And quick upgrade from Rogue to Bandit for Dervish castle:
Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW Bandit10
And he was supossed to be more of a desert bandit, with colors fitting his brothers like scorpion or nomad. Reinforced boots, better camo, better weapon and a lot more style..

What do you think?

PS Thanks to Uhm, for help and tips Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/ragoon97
Orothin
Gargoyle
Gargoyle
Orothin

Quality Points : 4
Registration Date : 2016-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW   Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW Icon_minitime2016-06-09, 13:18

I for one think those are some great improvements!
The only thing I would avoid is the tangent created by the touching swords of the bandit. Otherwise cool stuff
Back to top Go down
Uhm
Vampire
Vampire
Uhm

Quality Points : 477
Registration Date : 2015-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW   Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW Icon_minitime2016-06-10, 08:03

I am very, very fancy seeing upgraded bandit in our mod Very Happy He would fit better gold and grey line-up of the rest of Dervish creatures. Changes to portraits are small, but relevant, I am only not sure whether Genie has scar on his face or he is crying? Razz

I've made cosmetic changes to the hut, this is how it looks in-game:

Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW Zodrhu
Back to top Go down
Ragoon
Minotaur
Minotaur
Ragoon

PostSubject: Re: Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW   Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW Icon_minitime2016-06-10, 12:48

I've made another upgrade, this time for medusa Smile
It is ranged monster, while it can be still effective melee.

Which version do you like better? Javelin or greatbow?
Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW Medusa10

//Edit

And quick, 15 min improvement for scorpion, because this lack of depth hurt my eyes :p Added back claw, some hair as scorpion should and poped back eyes visible Smile
Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW Scorpi10
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

Quality Points : 843
Registration Date : 2014-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW   Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW Icon_minitime2016-06-11, 01:52

Glad to see a fellow artist with a feel of H2 style and gamma. I am very happy about many of your suggestions, so please, feel free to discuss more. The Tribal dwelling even has a special place in my heart now.

Very nice idea for the adjustment of the Bandit's blade, it brings H3 memories which is good in this case. I am also stoked about the gamma you chose for this creature - it seems to be just as I would make it myself.
Considering the Medusa Queen, I was thinking about the brown variant, but the longbow as a weapon may suit more (yet, it may need a little redesign so it wouldn't be standing out too much from the main Medusa shape, it may cause graphic glitches otherwise).

Please, place your new Dervish lineup adjustments on this picture so that we can see the whole bestiary at once and decide what else can be done so it will look whole and complete. The gamma of the Scorpion may even need reconsideration.
Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW QnzWzbH

I will also need the PNG versions of portraits you presented. Smile

Mage
Mage
Sir Albe

Quality Points : 452
Registration Date : 2015-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW   Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW Icon_minitime2016-06-11, 03:52

Your graphics look generally good. I like the Bandit/Brigand quite much along with the Medusa Queen variants Smile The Tribal dwelling looks good, but I think it is a bit too smooth in its look. It stands too much out from the H2 dwellings. I am also not quite happy with ALL the improvements you made to the portraits. Lastly, the extra missing claw is great to see on the scorpion, but I don't know about the hairs. They look out of place to me. I find the quality of all your work very good though, so keep up the good work Smile

Last edited by Sir Albe on 2016-08-11, 21:38; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ragoon
Minotaur
Minotaur
Ragoon

PostSubject: Re: Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW   Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW Icon_minitime2016-06-11, 11:24

Dervish lineup:

New Master Genie, improved Acolyte (wider, longer coat, better anatomy) and new Medusa Queen Smile

Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW Dervis11

And specialny for you, little comparison about scorpion hair:

Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW Scorpi10Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW Scorpi11
Back to top Go down
Kivo
Gargoyle
Gargoyle
Kivo

Quality Points : 5
Registration Date : 2016-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW   Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW Icon_minitime2016-06-12, 03:48

Love it! The improvements to the Acolyte are great, it definitely fits a lot better now, I also love what you did with the wand! Medusa Queen looks great, the brown colour scheme fits perfectly.

I like what you did with the Master Genie, however I think I would remove the horns and the second earring. The decorative marks look awesome!

Superb job!
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW   Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW Icon_minitime2016-06-12, 04:32

Nice to see you Kivo, it's been a good while. Smile Hope to see you more often.

Concerning the scorpion, the left claw's gamma (added in the suggestion) must be carefully adjusted to fit H2 palette. It surely must exist, but H2's yellow color cannot be so lackluster. If you need a H2 palette file for approximate reference, please let me know.

We still need to think about the Scorpion gamma and possible design adjustments. As you can see, Scorpion stands out too much near the Nomad because of peculiar Scorpion's lighting and linear size. And yes, not sure yet about the hair, but not yet ready to cancel that idea. Let's decide with the other said aspects first.

Okay, the Medusa Queen now looks closer to completion. Same with the Acolyte.

Also, a small suggestion for the upgraded Rogue: currently his face needs a little fix for the face, because it reminds the Cyclops's eye a little. Smile

Elf
Elf
robizeratul

Quality Points : 32
Registration Date : 2015-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW   Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW Icon_minitime2016-06-13, 10:07

very exciting stuff,you are talented! i see you made several edits to the same creature. i dont know,but maybe multiple upgradepaths would be interesting,if anyone is willing to spend the time and animate. there already is an upgrade for bandit,and for me it looks quite good!maybe 2 bandits and/or 2 medusas would work ?
anyway,really excited for your work. seeing fans like you create new stuff is one of the reasons i love this place!
Back to top Go down
Ragoon
Minotaur
Minotaur
Ragoon

PostSubject: Re: Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW   Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW Icon_minitime2016-06-13, 10:42

Really thank you for your comments, thoughts and critique also! If you have any ideas what to do next or perhaps any monster/building vision on your mind I would also like to hear it! Smile

Should I do any of these for scorpion's place?
Which one do you like?
How about just scorpion's different pose? More aggresive..

Propositions:

Last edited by Ragoon on 2016-06-14, 21:30; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
robizeratul
Elf
Elf
robizeratul

PostSubject: Re: Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW   Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW Icon_minitime2016-06-13, 11:10

i honestly cant give any critique,your work looks like official h2 stuff.i think a newcommer wouldnt be able to tell th apart.
as for other ideas,my favorite h3 unit is the magic elemental from conflux,black dragon and azure dragon.Especially curious how the magic elemental would look with h2 style.

whatever happens,i have my eye on this thread
Back to top Go down
buffkaz
Nomad
Nomad
buffkaz

Quality Points : 40
Registration Date : 2015-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW   Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW Icon_minitime2016-06-13, 21:09

The creatures look fantastic, Ragoon! Very professional looking and they fit right in.
If you want some critique two things spring to mind. The upgraded Acolyte might be a bit too close in resemblance to his un-upgraded version. And the master genie, and this is just my personal taste, is a bit too monsteresque. I'd love to see the classic turban and the horns gone. But this version has personality as well and I probably could get used to it and couldn't care less, because it looks beautiful.
Back to top Go down
Ragoon
Minotaur
Minotaur
Ragoon

PostSubject: Re: Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW   Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW Icon_minitime2016-06-14, 01:26

Actually, only bandit, medusa and genie will be upgradeable, so acolyte is still tier 1 and that is why he is not changed as much as the rest Smile
I'll try to make another genie versions soon, now I'm just waiting for your votes on scorpion replacement : D
Back to top Go down
BoseDrache
Nomad
Nomad
BoseDrache

Quality Points : 49
Registration Date : 2015-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW   Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW Icon_minitime2016-06-14, 03:41

It looks like a scorpion requires more accented, edged segments instead of ideally round ones, but not hair.

And... may you try a light-gray or light-brown bow for medusa?
I mean a bow that would look like a bone-bow.

Acolyte: could his right hand be a little bit lower. Now both your improvement and original image look like an acolyte has stump-short-forearm.
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW   Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW Icon_minitime2016-06-14, 05:21

I don't know personally about the Genie's upgrade, it was not planned for the next version at least.

Concerning the Scorpion, its design must be simple. The only problem with the current version is that it has too monochrome gamma; it needs an auxiliary color (see Boar for example) and some possible shape fixes. The color transitions for the Scorpion can also be manipulated (currently the Nomad's horse has too different yellow color transitions in comparison with the Scorpion which is a neighbouring creature in the lineup).

Minotaur
Minotaur
Ragoon

PostSubject: Re: Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW   Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW Icon_minitime2016-07-26, 21:22

Sorry for the delay. I'm currently on my holidays and I'll be back in two weeks, so see you then Smile
Back to top Go down
robizeratul
Elf
Elf
robizeratul

PostSubject: Re: Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW   Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW Icon_minitime2016-07-28, 06:21

Ragoon wrote:
Sorry for the delay. I'm currently on my holidays and I'll be back in two weeks, so see you then Smile

I've been checking out this thread for a while...your art is one of the best on this website! I am glad you will come back and upload some more stuff! The guys working on this mod need a lot of help, and few are willing ( and able) to create pixel art!

I tried to do some for my map, I can't believe how hard it is! I started appreciating your work more and more! Can't wait to see what other goodies you have planned Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dude
Peasant
Peasant
dude

Quality Points : 0
Registration Date : 2016-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW   Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW Icon_minitime2016-08-18, 23:32

This is really good stuff. A bit surprised by the overwhelming preference for the brown medusa, I thought the blue one was top notch the moment I saw it. Brown one was bland by comparison. Striking colours in nature are usually indicative toxicity or a high nutritive value. The unupgraded medusa, with it's bright greens, doesn't just use associative imagery of snakes, but of highly poisonous ones. This is stuff we subconsciously pick up on even if don't do so consciously. Hence, it looks more dangerous. Going from a bright green to a dull brown reduces this effect. Sure, they did it in the medusa upgrade path in HOMM3, but the browns on the medusa queen was contrasted with a pale blue underbelly and a sickly grey-green torso.
Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW 356191248
It would look very different without the contrasting colours. Just my 2c

I think the hairs look good on the scorpion, too, it looks more dangerous now. I don't know enough about this stuff to say what's causing it, whether the angles of the hairs, the shading or what, but it looks like the tail of the scorpion is twisted some 45 degrees toward the screen, and when the body is juxtaposed with the angle of the other units it looks like it's all askew, as if it's leaning away from the screen while the other units are standing upright - you know, like it's dropping it's weight on it's four left legs and flexing it's right legs.

Love the genie. Horns/no horns, turban/no turban - I don't care, this is great work already.
Back to top Go down
Radagast82
Gargoyle
Gargoyle
Radagast82

Quality Points : 7
Registration Date : 2016-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW   Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW Icon_minitime2016-08-19, 01:12

Unbelievable stuff. Great artwork! I just saw this thread. :O

Let me offer my personal insights:

Acolytes - amazing, can't think of anything at the moment to improve.

Rogues - great work!
If I had to say something, perhaps the long sword on the upgraded rogue form, is a bit too long for an assassin/rogue? Let me explain my thinking. I always had this mindset about rogues, back from dnd days. The shortest and sharper the dagger, the more effective it is. Long sword is really not the best weapon for rogues. Not fast enough. Not piercing enough. Not deadly enough. Rogues are supposed to use poison on their fast daggers and sneaky tactics/backstabs. Anyway I just wanted to mention this, it's just my opinion after all regarding the tricky rogue/bandit creatures in rpgs and fantasy settings. Shorter/sharper/piercing weapons seem to suit them more than slashing ones that's all.

Anubis - speechless !
It seems so perfect and armored as a creature, that it could easily pass for a last level unit too. (even more powerful than the Genie with just a little enlargement perhaps) I could easily see it as the most powerful thing in this Castle. Also don't forget that in mm6 these were some of the most powerful/lategame threats in the game! :O

Genies - the Horn on the upgraded form puzzled me too for a bit, but on the other hand it's so neatly done, that there's really no need to nitpick anything here. I have no problem with it, it even seems like this Genie is more aged/wise due to your touches. Which is a great idea for a Master/Elder Genie.
/bows to your work

Medusa:
I love the fact that you ended up using the brown model and the Bow, I love the artwork too, however the brown color is just too much here right? Maybe the snakes on the head could remain as some kind of hue of green? Or change the upper torso to some other color to seem more toxic etc? I really feel as the lower torso is great as brown, but the rest, especially the snakes, seem awful as brown. I definitely think more experimentation can be done here regarding variety of colors and shading in this creature. Honestly. Artwork is perfect though. So just a matter of trying stuff with shades/colors imo to find the right combination.So all in all, I kinda agree with previous poster here regarding the Medusa.

Scorpion:
Perfect, I somehow prefer the model with the touches of hair details. But maybe it's just me. Either way both seem fine.

Simply flabbergasted by the attention to detail here !
Keep it up !

Last edited by Radagast82 on 2016-08-19, 22:32; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
BoseDrache
Nomad
Nomad
BoseDrache

PostSubject: Re: Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW   Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW Icon_minitime2016-08-19, 17:06

Argh!
WHY are you asking for "green poison"?!
Poison is not necessarily green, health is not necessarily red and mana is not necessarily blue. Deal with it.
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW   Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW Icon_minitime2016-08-20, 16:03

Well, Heroes 2 is a game which is as simple as it was made for kids. So that too much originality is not a feature of this game, for sure. Smile

Minotaur
Minotaur
Ragoon

PostSubject: Re: Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW   Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW Icon_minitime2016-11-21, 12:05

Hi, I've made another creature upgrade, this time - crossbowman. Thanks for patience and sorry for the really, really long delay.

Hope you will enjoy these Smile

I really disliked the lighting of his armor, mainly helmet. It is not perfect, sure, but way better in my opinion. Tell me what you think Wink

Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW XGtApVp

With the lineup

Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW PNq2M6F
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW   Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW Icon_minitime2016-11-21, 15:19

Awesome job! I like the solution with the helmets. I am going to adjust the lighting & stuff personally. Please send us the proper PNG or BMP versions of the creatures (Acolyte, Medusa Queen, Crossbowman and Marksman, anything else I forgot) so we can start animating them for the release.

Long time no see, friend Smile

P.S. Tinypic is not a very good image hosting because it ruins the quality and palette so we cannot use the images you post here. Moreover, it started to remove its old images just like it was with Imageshack before. Imgur or Postimg work much better and are at least reliable.

Nomad
Nomad
BoseDrache

PostSubject: Re: Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW   Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW Icon_minitime2016-11-21, 20:40

No loading staple, please. Unless someone wants to use it in animation.
This is the part the H7 crossbowman was criticised for. No leg-using loading -> no staples.

Like the new helm, thou it needs a slightly different angle perhaps.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW   Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 16Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 16  Next