~ Forums of Enroth ~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~ Forums of Enroth ~

The Enroth diehard fan community

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» fheroes2 General Announcements
Cyborg: Graphics Icon_minitimeby sirDranik 2024-03-17, 23:35

» Photo Gallery
Cyborg: Graphics Icon_minitimeby Sir Albe 2024-03-07, 06:57

» Heroes Orchestra's 5th Birthday concerts with Paul Romero
Cyborg: Graphics Icon_minitimeby Sir Albe 2024-03-07, 06:55

» Polskie powitanie
Cyborg: Graphics Icon_minitimeby rrravyn 2024-03-05, 04:02

» Heroes II localisation: how to make no-CD patch.
Cyborg: Graphics Icon_minitimeby kiku 2024-02-19, 02:43

» WARNING - The dreaded moment is here: Heroes 6 servers shutting down
Cyborg: Graphics Icon_minitimeby Blake01 2024-02-17, 15:25

» Forum Admins Feed
Cyborg: Graphics Icon_minitimeby GodRage 2024-02-15, 22:10

Poll
Global announcements should be:
Everlasting, 1 for each project.
Cyborg: Graphics Redbar110%Cyborg: Graphics Redbar12
 0% [ 0 ]
Temporary, when there is something new to announce.
Cyborg: Graphics Redbar11100%Cyborg: Graphics Redbar12
 100% [ 6 ]
Holalala... No idea where the Ultimate artifact is.
Cyborg: Graphics Redbar110%Cyborg: Graphics Redbar12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6
Most Viewed Topics
H3SW: General Graphics discussion
Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW
Introduce yourself
H3SW General Discussion
H3SW Map List: Work in progress
H3SW: Dwelling Development
Forum Admins Feed
The Floody Land
Enrothian Fan Art
Heroes III: The Succession Wars v0.8.1 Beta

Cyborg: Graphics

Go down 
+4
feanor
Amicus
Orzie
GodRage
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

Quality Points : 843
Registration Date : 2014-12-12

Cyborg: Graphics Empty
PostSubject: Cyborg: Graphics   Cyborg: Graphics Icon_minitime2014-12-19, 08:51

The recent developments on the 7th faction for Heroes of Might and Magic II: The Cyborg.

The main idea of the faction is to create a mixture of unreleased Heroes 3 Forge town with a tribute to the old school Might and Magic series.
So that, the concept of the Cyborg faction will be different than the "classic" Heroes 3 Forge, but still can have some similarities with it.

The campaign story related with the new faction is being developed, as well as the lineup and some unique features for this class.
MORE INFO ON THE IRONFIST WIKI

Please note: all graphics are considered WIP (Work In Progress) until further notice.

Cyborg: Graphics Cyborg%20-%20Castle
The castle on the global map replicates the classic Forge concept with some tweaks due to the different Heroes II castle exterior designs.

Cyborg: Graphics Cyborg%20-%20Faction%20Icon
Cyborg: Graphics Cyborg_demo_animated_x2_by_orzie-d8psxac
The faction exterior is based on Sheltem the Dark, the main antagonist of Might and Magic 3-4-5 games by New World Computing.

Cyborg: Graphics TiOclFj
The heroes originate from Might and Magic 3 (the portraits of other 5 will be created later), and the castle icon also replicates the classic Forge castle concept.

Last edited by Orzie on 2015-07-20, 18:43; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
GodRage
Webmaster
Webmaster
GodRage

Quality Points : 228
Registration Date : 2009-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Cyborg: Graphics   Cyborg: Graphics Icon_minitime2014-12-19, 11:02

It looks good!!! Cyborg: Graphics 3794891605

Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: Cyborg: Graphics   Cyborg: Graphics Icon_minitime2015-01-28, 07:22

The first hero portrait based on the MM5 Sheltem concept. May be upgraded in future.

Cyborg: Graphics ZSbtI1w

Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: Cyborg: Graphics   Cyborg: Graphics Icon_minitime2015-02-07, 18:27

Cyborg's campaign story is presented.

In his destructive rampage through the worlds left by the Ancients after the Silence, Sheltem the Dark discovers Enroth and manages to activate the Heavenly Forges spread on the western wastes of the main continent as an artifact of the old Ancients legacy. Easily he finds a group of greedy psychopats and cold-blooded maniacs to lead his new armies of terror against his nemesis, Corak the Mysterious, and the native people of the continent, reforming the Heavenly Forges to satisfy his own imagination. Enroth has met a danger the scale of which cannot be compared with anything ever existed.

Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: Cyborg: Graphics   Cyborg: Graphics Icon_minitime2015-03-05, 21:44

The final form of the Cyborg hero in battle. It also supports palette cycling animation in the game.

Cyborg: Graphics Q4mOAOL

The basic concept originated from a cover of Might and Magic V box, old school science fantasy-styled.
Cyborg: Graphics 9cKVDxP

Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: Cyborg: Graphics   Cyborg: Graphics Icon_minitime2015-06-29, 20:56

Now animated. More graphics are expected to be posted soon.

Skeleton
Skeleton
Amicus

Quality Points : 3
Registration Date : 2015-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Cyborg: Graphics   Cyborg: Graphics Icon_minitime2015-06-30, 01:02

If you need any help with music or concept arts - ask me freely. I can even do some portraits for Heroes if you want. 👅
Back to top Go down
https://www.behance.net/maciejamicusdadeer
GodRage
Webmaster
Webmaster
GodRage

Quality Points : 228
Registration Date : 2009-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Cyborg: Graphics   Cyborg: Graphics Icon_minitime2015-06-30, 02:33

Orzie wrote:
Now animated. More graphics are expected to be posted soon.

Niiiiice!!! Surprised With the animation it looks really great!! Very Happy

Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: Cyborg: Graphics   Cyborg: Graphics Icon_minitime2015-06-30, 04:03

Amicus wrote:
If you need any help with music or concept arts - ask me freely. I can even do some portraits for Heroes if you want. 👅

That would be awesome. You know, first I thought to make the Cyborg class as my solo project, but now I realize that in this case it will barely come to the finish line due to my various activities and recent change of plans in my life. So that I would appreciate any help in graphics and music, too. The castle opera OST is not yet made, although I could write it in theory, but I simply don't have time. Still, I hope to find time and skill to record the male opera vocals for the track.

The graphics niche has a lot of vacancies, the greatest being the 640x480 townscreen. In fact, I didn't have any drafts of the townscreen at all, while it must be 3D-modeled and then treated in Photoshop to achieve the grainy texture like Agar did in his draft of the desert faction townscreen for H3SW. I don't have the skill at all in 3D-art, so that this work can be entirely yours with a lot of space for your own ideas. The faction lineup is still being decided, and I only approved the tier 6 creature (the strongest) being the Colossus based on the MM5 Xeen Guard.

The castle form, however, should be presented like the classic one because the more simple things are, the better things are. At least for Heroes 2.
Cyborg: Graphics Cyborg%20-%20Castle

GodRage wrote:
Niiiiice!!!  Surprised With the animation it looks really great!! Very Happy

In fact, I already animated the hero for the battle so now he can cast spells, rejoice or turn upset just like the classic heroes do.
I expect to make these graphics working in the game soon. Project Ironfist allows to make your own .FRM files responsible for the sprite animation frame order.

Master Modder
Master Modder
feanor

Quality Points : 65

PostSubject: Re: Cyborg: Graphics   Cyborg: Graphics Icon_minitime2015-06-30, 06:14

Some trash collage)

Cyborg: Graphics 7505390
Back to top Go down
Amicus
Skeleton
Skeleton
Amicus

Quality Points : 3

PostSubject: Re: Cyborg: Graphics   Cyborg: Graphics Icon_minitime2015-07-09, 05:10

For our VCMI Polish Forge, we're preparing new heroes. One of them is Seldon - a Technician:

Cyborg: Graphics Seldon4

The original portrait, before improvements, fits however more Heroes 2 style rather than Heroes 3 style. That's why I thought it would be nice to have Seldon in both VCMI Polish Forge and Project Ironfist. I already prepared a portrait which fits both palette and size to Heroes 2 standards:

Cyborg: Graphics Seldon-heroes2

Feel free to use it, but only if hero's name will be the same.
Back to top Go down
https://www.behance.net/maciejamicusdadeer
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: Cyborg: Graphics   Cyborg: Graphics Icon_minitime2015-07-09, 05:16

Hey, that has nice chances. I don't know when I will start adjusting the dude, but I think it's definitely possible.

Gargoyle
Gargoyle
Aescule

Quality Points : 8
Registration Date : 2017-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Cyborg: Graphics   Cyborg: Graphics Icon_minitime2017-02-04, 10:15

This looks absolutely amazing! I cannot wait to play it! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Darmani
Master Modder
Master Modder
Darmani

Quality Points : 47
Registration Date : 2014-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Cyborg: Graphics   Cyborg: Graphics Icon_minitime2017-02-09, 18:19

I like your enthusiasm, Aescule! Check out the media page to see our current direction: http://ironfi.st/media/
Back to top Go down
Aescule
Gargoyle
Gargoyle
Aescule

Quality Points : 8
Registration Date : 2017-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Cyborg: Graphics   Cyborg: Graphics Icon_minitime2017-02-10, 03:34

Darmani wrote:
I like your enthusiasm, Aescule! Check out the media page to see our current direction: http://ironfi.st/media/

a 7th class?? What's not to love? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Cyborg: Graphics   Cyborg: Graphics Icon_minitime2017-11-29, 02:00

I'm trying to make a graphic for the hero on the map:
Cyborg: Graphics Shelte10
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: Cyborg: Graphics   Cyborg: Graphics Icon_minitime2017-11-29, 02:26

Looks like fun. But please consider using solely Heroes 2 palette, and keep in mind that there are blue and red colors (grouped by 4) which are cycled in the game.

Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Cyborg: Graphics   Cyborg: Graphics Icon_minitime2017-11-29, 02:48

What do you mean by using the Heroes 2 palette? The graphic is currently added to the game.

https://giant.gfycat.com/EmbarrassedWhichAmericanavocet.webm
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: Cyborg: Graphics   Cyborg: Graphics Icon_minitime2017-11-29, 03:04

Fine then.

Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Cyborg: Graphics   Cyborg: Graphics Icon_minitime2017-11-29, 04:19

Now I have two frames of animation. If you have any objections, tell me now,  it will be easier to make changes at this stage.

Cyborg: Graphics Giphy10
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: Cyborg: Graphics   Cyborg: Graphics Icon_minitime2017-11-29, 04:23

Well, if you mean that I may have any objections, it's not true, because de facto I do not work with Project Ironfist (if only I could stop time, probably I would, but... real life doesn't really allow me to participate in so many nice projects). So, the Cyborg faction is my concept draft which was accepted by the Ironfist team a while back. It just didn't fit to my vision of Heroes 3 The Succession Wars, but I wanted it to be developed as well. The guys went a little bit different way than I would with it, but anyway.

Of course I would fix here and there, added shadows and semitones, remade the helmet, etc. but it's up to you and your development as an artist. I hope that the team will see your work here and appreciate.

Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Cyborg: Graphics   Cyborg: Graphics Icon_minitime2017-11-29, 04:41

I'm sad to hear that you are not working on Heroes 2 Forge. Sad I hope at least TSW will be completed.

I'll check some tutorials on shading.
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: Cyborg: Graphics   Cyborg: Graphics Icon_minitime2017-11-29, 04:50

At least one my idea must be finally brought to life, so I made choices. During the last 5 years, my life changed drastically. Who knows what will happen in future, though.

Actually you just may look at original graphics on the first place. Compare your hero with, for example, a Knight or Barbarian: they have darkened pixels on edges + bright pixels on their bodies which added a lot of volume to them. Your hero is currently looking more flat because he doesn't have semitones and is pretty dark. Careful operations with lighter and darker pixels may lead you to victory much faster.

You also can place an original hero as a reference near your hero in a graphic file which you use for the development of your sprite. Thus you will be able to see how the original sprites are done more effectively.

Also pay attention on how your hero fits to the adventure map. Currently he is a little too dark and unrecognizable on green grass. This may be due to the lack of semitones as well.

Also, you may pay attention to the texture of the cloak (it's pretty chaotic on your hero, while it could have a little more order). The area where the hero's body contacts the cloak, should be shadowed if we are to leave the shape of the cloak "as is". But I would also draw the cloak over the hero's body, because any cloak would cover a part of the hero's back.

Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Cyborg: Graphics   Cyborg: Graphics Icon_minitime2017-11-29, 07:14

The second version of the hero inspired by the necromancer. The horse does not look mechanical enough, but it's definitely better.

Cyborg: Graphics Map10
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: Cyborg: Graphics   Cyborg: Graphics Icon_minitime2017-11-29, 07:28

Now that's closer. Yet, you shouldn't lose the contrast of the cloak; your initial variant had nice bright and dark tones, while the update looks a little bleak. Just brighten some pixels on the "lit" parts of the cloak, don't be afraid to make them even close to pink, and try to add some variety on the texture.

The same applies to the brown/orange texture which is used as the horse body and Sheltem's legs.

The horse's face and Sheltem's helmet could also have some grey/white pixels (like you did on the legs) so it will look more detailed and less flat.

PostSubject: Re: Cyborg: Graphics   Cyborg: Graphics Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cyborg: Graphics
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next