H3SW v0.8.1 beta
Released: February 1st, 2019.

Download:
Download the mod from Mod Database
Download the mod from Dropbox
Download the mod from Google Drive

Installation:
1. Download H3SW v0.8.1 installer.
2. Unpack the modification to the game (Heroes 3: SoD or Heroes Complete) directory.
3. Launch h3sw.exe for the game and h3swmaped.exe for the map editor.

HD Mod:

Changelog:

FOR KNOWN PROBLEMS AND SOLUTIONS VISIT OUR v0.8.1 BUG REPORTS FORUM

Skeleton
Luxliev

Quality Points : 2
Registration Date : 2019-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Heroes III: The Succession Wars v0.8.1 Beta   2019-02-03, 00:24

Thanks for the update!
I'm curious what was the problem with AI buying knight units out of nowhere. Is there some interesting nerd story about that bug?
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

Quality Points : 764
Registration Date : 2014-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Heroes III: The Succession Wars v0.8.1 Beta   2019-02-03, 00:25

There is, but in Russian.

In short, it is harder to implement 2 Dragon upgrades than it seems.

Skeleton
Luxliev

Quality Points : 2
Registration Date : 2019-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Heroes III: The Succession Wars v0.8.1 Beta   2019-02-03, 00:27

Aw too bad. If someone translates this or find translated version let us all know!
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: Heroes III: The Succession Wars v0.8.1 Beta   2019-02-03, 00:39

Basically, when you mod a game, you have to interfere with some procedures occuring in the EXE file. When you touch the wrong procedure, it becomes broken, and many wonderful things can happen.

Earlier implementation of Dragons was tickling the AI in the wrong way, so there was a handful of problems in v0.8.0.
Some people reported the Knight stacks appearing from nowhere a nice challenge, but this is not how we meant the game to be played for sure.

Peasant
AvalancheExiaR2

Quality Points : 1
Registration Date : 2015-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Heroes III: The Succession Wars v0.8.1 Beta   2019-02-03, 19:03

h3sw.exe it's running Heroes 3 In the wake of god instead this, but this not happened on v0.8.0.
Back to top Go down
dodge
Skeleton
Skeleton
dodge

Quality Points : 1
Registration Date : 2015-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Heroes III: The Succession Wars v0.8.1 Beta   2019-02-03, 20:32

AvalancheExiaR2 wrote:
h3sw.exe it's running Heroes 3 In the wake of god instead this, but this not happened on v0.8.0.

Yeah, I've got the same when trying to be lazy and installed 0.8.1 over already installed 0.8.0 Smile

Then I just installed everything from scratch (H3 SoD > SW mod 0.8.1 > HD mod) and it's fine now.

So in your case - make sure you install the mod according to the latest instructions.
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: Heroes III: The Succession Wars v0.8.1 Beta   2019-02-04, 00:53

AvalancheExiaR2 wrote:
You were not supposed to install v0.8.1 over v0.8.0.

But, you can fix the situation easily. Change the contents of list.txt which is located in the Mods folder:
Code:
WoG
The Succession Wars 0.8.1

Or, you can simply delete the Mods folder and uninstall HD Mod. After that, you can install H3SW v0.8.1 with no problems. HD Mod is no longer required for playing the game, but still recommended to get rid of some crashes related to old Heroes 3 sound library.

Master Modder
feanor

Quality Points : 65
Registration Date : 2015-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Heroes III: The Succession Wars v0.8.1 Beta   2019-02-04, 02:39

Luxliev wrote:
Thanks for the update!
I'm curious what was the problem with AI buying knight units out of nowhere. Is there some interesting nerd story about that bug?

Nothing so interesting.

"There are 2 hard problems in computer science: cache invalidation, naming things, and off-by-1 errors"(c) Leon Bambrick.

That was the third case. Third upgrade was made by merging some old alterbranches code (basically, when Black Tower is built, town just switches to Red Dragon - Black Dragon pair of 7 lvl units instead of Green Dragon - Red Dragon one).
And in one of its numerous routines I used wrong stack offset, something like [ebp+16] instead of [ebp+12], so, when AI looks into dwellings, in some cases he can see not valid creature id, but town type id (0 - Knights but also peasants, 2 - Wizard but also archers etc).
Back to top Go down
qlczas_PL
Pikeman
Pikeman
qlczas_PL

Quality Points : 19
Registration Date : 2016-12-21

PostSubject: 8.1 works on Android Exagear   2019-02-15, 19:05

First thing, Congrats to Orzie and the whole dev team for the 8.0 release and fast 8.1 bugfixes release Smile

I was off for some time but I've managed to install latest 8.1 version and WITHOUT HD Mod (just H3 Complete + 8.1 mod) it is working
on Exagear Strategies on my Samsung J7 Android phone Smile

So hopefully I will have some time now to test the new version more thoroughly Smile

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heroes III: The Succession Wars v0.8.1 Beta   

Back to top Go down

Heroes III: The Succession Wars v0.8.1 Beta
Page 1 of 1