~ Forums of Enroth ~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~ Forums of Enroth ~

The Enroth diehard fan community

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» fheroes2 General Announcements
Introduce yourself Icon_minitimeby sirDranik 2024-03-17, 23:35

» Photo Gallery
Introduce yourself Icon_minitimeby Sir Albe 2024-03-07, 06:57

» Heroes Orchestra's 5th Birthday concerts with Paul Romero
Introduce yourself Icon_minitimeby Sir Albe 2024-03-07, 06:55

» Polskie powitanie
Introduce yourself Icon_minitimeby rrravyn 2024-03-05, 04:02

» Heroes II localisation: how to make no-CD patch.
Introduce yourself Icon_minitimeby kiku 2024-02-19, 02:43

» WARNING - The dreaded moment is here: Heroes 6 servers shutting down
Introduce yourself Icon_minitimeby Blake01 2024-02-17, 15:25

» Forum Admins Feed
Introduce yourself Icon_minitimeby GodRage 2024-02-15, 22:10

Poll
Global announcements should be:
Everlasting, 1 for each project.
Introduce yourself Redbar110%Introduce yourself Redbar12
 0% [ 0 ]
Temporary, when there is something new to announce.
Introduce yourself Redbar11100%Introduce yourself Redbar12
 100% [ 6 ]
Holalala... No idea where the Ultimate artifact is.
Introduce yourself Redbar110%Introduce yourself Redbar12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6
Most Viewed Topics
H3SW: General Graphics discussion
Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW
Introduce yourself
H3SW General Discussion
H3SW Map List: Work in progress
H3SW: Dwelling Development
Forum Admins Feed
The Floody Land
Enrothian Fan Art
Heroes III: The Succession Wars v0.8.1 Beta

Introduce yourself

Go down 
+66
Roxterat
summerloud
count_aleksey
MartiusR
mORISman
sirDranik
foodlord
evanisdead
Blake01
Ctesiphon
Ermelloth
VojtechVitek
arborist
kingarthur
wielkaberta
Jachu
QuakerRUS
GrishaDozer
Djakal
Rubinia
DarkAtom
patsh
rrravyn
metsejadur
Kristo
Huntka
woorkewoorke
robizeratul
dimixbikes
Ghoul
Aescule
AkuAkuIslands
Basileus
andi511
Ragoon
Sibernethy
Gravorce
BlackDragon
Radagast82
Energy Y
tanenorther
GodDamnPeasants
Daleron
Netheril
Uhm
Galaad
YhyJasne
buffkaz
NikitaTheTanner
Unknown_Hero
Roarkes
feanor
Pitsu
Tibor0803
Verriker
SkeleTony
Steven Aus
djenic
Arys-Pole
Sir Albe
Tout à fait
GodRage
Orzie
tophatchild
Sawelios
Archibald
70 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
GodRage
Webmaster
Webmaster
GodRage

Quality Points : 228
Registration Date : 2009-09-21

Introduce yourself Empty
PostSubject: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself Icon_minitime2014-12-20, 02:48

You can introduce yourself in this topic, let Heroes of Enroth know more about yourself.

Need some ideas? Cool sunglasses

• When did you played Heroes of Might and Magic for the first time?
  • What HoMM you discovered first?
  • What HoMM community you frequently visit?
  • Have you ever made maps for HoMM?
  • What others old games do you play?
  • What do you hope to see / to do on this forum?
  • What languages do you speak?
  • What is your favourites in HoMM II ? (what Town, Creature, Spell, Artifact, Hero, map)
  • What else should we ask you?
  • How did you discovered this forum?

Last edited by GodRage on 2019-03-10, 02:41; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://homm2.free.fr
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

Quality Points : 843
Registration Date : 2014-12-12

Introduce yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself Icon_minitime2014-12-20, 04:06

Okay, let me begin. !lol!

- Well, I don't recall correctly, but it is something about 17 years ago when my father showed me HoMM2 (and HoMM1 with HoMM3 a bit later. We both played it, but it was only me who kept the love burning for so many years.

- Usually I can't get enough Heroes communities. I visit Heroes Community, Handbookhmm.ru, many VK pages dedicated to Heroes and MM franchises. I visit Russian DF2 community the most often and have become one of the most active users there. I enjoy seeing people sharing my thoughts on various points.

- If I recall correctly, I made a series of humor maps when I was a kid, the main feature of which was the huge amount of text events joking on my real life friends. I never finished a map large enough though because of my bad feature - I love to start many endeavors and not bring them to the end. I hope to break this "tradition" with my current projects though.

- I play mostly old games. My favourite is Lords of Magic: Special Edition, and also I love Might and Magic 6-8 games, Fallout 1-2, Majesty: The Fantasy Kingdom Sim, Duke Nukem 3D, Rage of Mages 1-2, Space Rangers 1-2. The latter two are Russian games which are made on an incredibly good level for their time, and they are still addictive.

- This is the most important question.   !twisted! Basically, I see much potential in this forum because it was my dream to have a community with customized H2-themed interface and smilies. And if there are no one going to make these smilies, I will do it. To be frank, I would like this forum to become an international Heroes 2 board, with some regards for H1 and MM6, and perhaps another games made by NWC for a little. I am thinking about setting up a chat place, because it's a popular theory that forums don't live without general chatting boards. Perhaps there is something right about it; we will see when the forum will be finally launched and people will see it.

- I speak Russian and also I have acceptable knowledge of English. Also it's fun for me to visit many Slavic boards and see many familiar words, sometimes I am even able to understand the text. Also, I support the idea of a universal language, like Esperanto, but never had the time to actually try learning it.

I would like to see the same answers about everyone else who visits this topic Introduce yourself 3794891605

Gargoyle
Gargoyle
Archibald

Quality Points : 17
Registration Date : 2014-12-17

Introduce yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself Icon_minitime2014-12-20, 11:00

When did you played Heroes of Might and Magic for the first time?
About 1998-1999. It was illegal HoMM2 in English, our (my father`s and me) first PC game except Winmine. Once earlier we had ZX Spectrum and it was really impessive to see HoMM2 with its gameplay, atmosphere and graphics.
What HoMM you discovered first?
What HoMM community you frequently visit?
Till december 2013 I haven`t visit any communities, haven`t talk about, because was sure, that`s no fans and communities  Introduce yourself 3794891605. I knew only 1 "colleague", we were going to gather team and participate in any creative competicion with fanart and fanfiction. I decided to refresh my lore and came across Russian M&M fansite, there were links on VKontakte`s fan-communities. Anyway, I found some interesting people and have been invited by Orzie on DF2 forumIntroduce yourself 78675032I visit all these communities every day. Introduce yourself 3794891605
Have you ever made maps for HoMM?
Never, but constantly going to. So with everything dang
What others old games do you play?
I don`t love games in common.   !twisted!   HoMM 1-3, Might&Magic 6-8, except this series - Diablo 2, Worms, Morrowind, some quests (Neverhood, Kyrandia, Toonstruck, Syberia)
What do you hope to see / to do on this forum?
I hope to see an active international Homm2 community!
What languages do you speak?
Russian; English and French with dictionary
Back to top Go down
http://ironfi5t.deviantart.com
GodRage
Webmaster
Webmaster
GodRage

Introduce yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself Icon_minitime2014-12-21, 01:02

Hello Heroes of Enroth ! Smile

Once upon a time, an Hero called GodRage-Aonwa played HoMM and enjoyed it.
He made HoMM2 stuff and lived happy. !)

• When did you played Heroes of Might and Magic for the first time?
    ~20years ago, I bet. it was Homm1, in english, on an illegal CD... I was around 10 years old...

• What HoMM you discovered first?
    Lord ironfist trying to kill everybody. I enjoyed the first map of this campaign.  King

• What HoMM community you frequently visit?
    Archangel Castle (french one) and here. Very Happy

• Have you ever made maps for HoMM?
    I made one for the H3 ligue of Archangel Castle. (ligue... kind of permanent tournament)

• What others old games do you play?
    1 player  Diablo 2 ! last time I played ?... few hours ago. Introduce yourself 3794891605 I made a website for Diablo2: http://godrage.free.fr/d2/ because when it's about white items or ilvl, for cube/craft things, bahhhh... official website is not efficient. :s
    2 players Age of Empires II / Age of Kings - The Conquerors.  King I play maybe 2 games a year, but still a great game. (and there is also people modding it)
    3 players M.A.X. (Mechanized Assault and Exploration)  Cool sunglasses Strategic game turn based, SF side. I regret that it doesn't works on my computer anymore. I successfully found the MAX reloaded community, but their mod delete the IA part... awww Sad
    4 players Guild Wars (not really old game !lol! )
    5 players Tyrian ; League of Legends Introduce yourself 3794891605
    6 players International Rally Shampionship. !o The only racing game that has been really tasty. !)

• What do you hope to see / to do on this forum?
    Offline tournaments, all playing the same version of the game for each tournament. Introduce yourself 3794891605

• What languages do you speak?
    French native, English fluent, Japanese fluent, Spanish basics, html native, php basics, css fluent. Cool sunglasses

Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

Introduce yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself Icon_minitime2014-12-27, 01:39

GodRage, I figured out that you are a lady only today by your message on HeroesPortal Smile What Sorceress hero is the most similar to your identity? Honestly my undying love is Carlawn Very Happy

Archibald, are you going to bring here some friends? Wink

Webmaster
Webmaster
GodRage

Introduce yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself Icon_minitime2014-12-27, 02:44

Orzie wrote:
GodRage, I figured out that you are a lady only today by your message on HeroesPortal Smile What Sorceress hero is the most similar to your identity? Honestly my undying love is Carlawn Very Happy
I am not a lady; but when I registered on the forum it was in Russian, and I just selected words with the most fancy letters.
Then when I was able to put in English I changed all things to "correct things" but I can't change my gender. Very Happy
My prefered sorceress is Gem! King

Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

Introduce yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself Icon_minitime2014-12-28, 00:51

Oh, funny. Much sorries for that lol

Well, Gem is also awesome. I enjoyed her comeback in H3 SoD where she had a much cooler portrait, resembling her H2 identity and showing her true beauty.

Skeleton
Skeleton
Sawelios

Quality Points : 1
Registration Date : 2015-01-01

Introduce yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself Icon_minitime2015-01-01, 08:07

1. Well, HoMM 1 were pre-installed on my first PC, I had bought it second-hand from some suspicious guys in ... 1995 or 1996, I guess. This PC had no CD and no sound-card (I had not much money in those times) but I was absolutely happy with it.
2. I hope, THIS ONE will be the HoMM community I will visit frequently.
3. I have never made anything for any PC games just because I have hands put in wrong places... Smile
4. I'm a big fan of good old games but I always lack time to play them now (you know, family, children, job, and other enemies of a true Hero of Might and Magic Wink )... Form my favourites I can name: HoMM 2-3-4, Diablo 2 (GodRage Wink), M.A.X. (GodRage Wink again), Master of Magic, Master of Orion 2-3 (and other 4X), Warlords (and Battlecry), Total Annihilation and Supreme Commander... I can write all night, but my little daughter is going to bed so I must finish now to click-clack with my keyboard... Smile
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

Introduce yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself Icon_minitime2015-01-01, 08:21

Oh yeah man, I can understand that. That's why I'm not going to have children in the nearest 5 years at least. Happy

I put much hope in this community, and will do my best to make it alive. We have a chance (especially with GodRage's knowledge of css3) lol

Webmaster
Webmaster
GodRage

Introduce yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself Icon_minitime2015-01-01, 15:42

Welcome in our Forums, Sawelios! Smile I'm happy to see someone else enjoying Homm2 and Diablo2 and M.A.X.! King

Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

Introduce yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself Icon_minitime2015-01-01, 18:51

Well, I enjoy D1-2 a lot too Wink

I even dreamt of a crossover mod once, adding Starcraft characters as playable Diablo characters with their own skills, weapons and abilities.
Here is one image I made for fun.

Introduce yourself 4VLGiVE

Perhaps I will find time to animate the marine and replace the graphics of the Sorceress Smile

Skeleton
Skeleton
Sawelios

Introduce yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself Icon_minitime2015-01-01, 19:56

GodRage wrote:
3 players M.A.X. (Mechanized Assault and Exploration)  Cool sunglasses Strategic game turn based, SF side. I regret that it doesn't works on my computer anymore. I successfully found the MAX reloaded community, but their mod delete the IA part... awww Sad

My GOG-copy of M.A.X. works fine on my Win7-32 machine. I have a little trouble with M.A.X.2: patched with the latest 1.4 patch from Interplay, it now refuses to start campaigns... Without patch it will be stuck after some campaign scenario (as people say). (By the way, I can't still understand why people dislike M.A.X.2 so much... It was made by different developers, yes, but IMO it keeps the atmosphere and core gameplay things untouched). And I'm absolutely in love with M.A.X. and M.A.X.2 GUIs... Cool

Introduce yourself Screen10

Introduce yourself 0d8d8b11
Back to top Go down
GodRage
Webmaster
Webmaster
GodRage

Introduce yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself Icon_minitime2015-01-02, 01:32

Hmmm I never played MAX2, but my cousin was playing it... And by memory (I am 1% sure! Very Happy), there isn't turns in the game (everybody play the day1 at same moment).

When I was young I really disliked that, as much as I really dislike the Blitz in chess (I also dislike people taking 5 minutes each turn... ahh..kind of ~15 sec is enough! Com'on you don't play alone! Very Happy)

Hmmm I never enjoyed mods in Diablo2. Very Happy
Maybe because you can't play it on the official servers. Smile
But, I think time to time to make an online game half HoMM half diablo-like. Smile
Each guild can fight and capture a castle, each player is a hero and can recrut some monsters... Omg right now I don't remember how I planed for the fights...(next time I'll write the idea somewhere^^)

Last edited by GodRage on 2018-07-25, 13:31; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://homm2.free.fr
Sawelios
Skeleton
Skeleton
Sawelios

Introduce yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself Icon_minitime2015-01-02, 03:43

GodRage wrote:
And by memory (I am 1% sure! Very Happy), there isn't turns in the game

You can choose classic turn-based (IGOUGO), simultaneous (WEGO) or even real-time mode.

GodRage wrote:
Sawelios, can you send me your exe (Maxrun.bat ? Max.exe ?) of MAX1 that works in your computer?

Well, if you give me some time, I'll can do it, well... January 3.

GodRage wrote:
Hmmm I never enjoyed mods in Diablo2. Very Happy

But what about the tremendous Plugy mod (by the way, AFAIK the author of it is French Smile )? It is more designed for singleplayer though...
Back to top Go down
GodRage
Webmaster
Webmaster
GodRage

Introduce yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself Icon_minitime2015-01-02, 04:01

PlugY is a good mod, but only for single player... And for Diablo2, in my opinion, playing alone is a fail. Sad
(or maybe someday, on a local network with 8 people, plugY maybe a good choice... ^^)

MAX2 have good modes! Smile
But when I look the screenshot... I see kind of the same difference between MAX1 and MAX2 that there is between H2 and H3.
MAX2 (and H3) are too much wanting to look-likes real pictures. Crying Maybe there is a mod for having MAX2 with the design of MAX1? Very Happy

Just send me the exe file by email Wink (you already have my email Very Happy) ; maybe change the extention into something else (maybe Gmail block any exe file.. ^^)

tophatchild
Pikeman
Pikeman
tophatchild

Quality Points : 13
Registration Date : 2015-01-19

Introduce yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself Icon_minitime2015-01-19, 10:21

Hiya, friends!

Let me to introduce myself properly, by following your proposed and well-put questionary.

I don't even remember when I played HOMM for the very first time in... 1995 or 1996? (I own one of the earlier packages of the Spanish edition to prove it). So, yeah, my first was the HOMM I!  Very Happy And I visit English-speaker communities right from the moment the all-mighty nostalgia came up, in my early twenties.

On the other hand, I've certainly made a lot of maps for HOMM II, III, IV and even V, but few of them have survived in the process of changing computers. It's sad, I know  Crying or Very sad Anyway, I've recently elaborated one based on Tolkien's Middle Earth (you're able to download it from my website). I'll do more, by all means.

Regarding the games I play, well, not many lately (apart from Mount and Blade Warband, hehehe), but I used to play all the abandonware in the world, during my boyhood and many years after, focusing my attention on strategy games, point-and-click adventures and RPG.

What about my hopes on the forum? Honestly, just one: modding! I encourage you to go through with it, fellows! HOMM II is my favourite, so I really wanna see new features and resources which enhance its delicious framework.

And finally I speak Spanish and English fluently, and I can read in French, Portuguese and Italian, not to mention my devotion for the Classical languages.

I find the forum quite useful and aesthetically appealing. Congratulations on that!
Back to top Go down
http://tophatchild.blogspot.com/
GodRage
Webmaster
Webmaster
GodRage

Introduce yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself Icon_minitime2015-01-19, 10:46

Welcome to Formus of Enroth, tophatchild ! Smile
I hope you will have good morale here ! :p
Thank you for what you say about the forum and his graphics ! Very Happy

Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

Introduce yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself Icon_minitime2015-01-28, 07:18

I also enjoyed Mount&Blade a real lot. That was like a discovery for me.

There was even a Polish mod which transfered Heroes 3 concepts to M&B. Too bad it's dead, it was a major heartbreak.

Pikeman
Pikeman
tophatchild

Introduce yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself Icon_minitime2015-01-31, 07:28

Wow, I wasn't aware of it! You know, M&B confers me the chance of reliving some forgotten impressions from the childhood. It's kinda an "abandonware" designed for us, the thirtysomethings... Smile
My favorite mod is A New Dawn: http://www.nexusmods.com/mbwarband/mods/5939/?

Turning back to our saga, what a disgrace the new HIII HD is. Ubisoft is such a pain in the ass, hehehe
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

Introduce yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself Icon_minitime2015-01-31, 07:33

True, it's really a shame. At least they didn't touch H2, lol.

I hope their creation will get many negative reviews as it deserves.

By the way, today I figured out that the H3-dedicated M&B mod is alive! What a joy.

Pikeman
Pikeman
tophatchild

Introduce yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself Icon_minitime2015-01-31, 21:26

Take that for granted: http://store.steampowered.com/app/297000/?l=english

90 % of the comments are made by pissed guys who bought the game believing in the crappy argument of "rediscovering" a new dimension of Heroes and such. But the point is the price... c'mon! 15 € for a deceitful and ill-enhanced edition otherwise modded during 10 years 🇳🇴 Ubisoft deserves the worst.

On the other hand, I must try the mod you mentioned. I'm astonished by the skilled people you may find out there.
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

Introduce yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself Icon_minitime2015-02-01, 02:29

Here is the link for the mod: http://www.tawerna.biz/forum/index.php/topic,9059.30.html

There are some delicious pictures which deserve attention.

Peasant
Peasant
Tout à fait

Registration Date : 2015-03-08

Introduce yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself Icon_minitime2015-03-08, 06:05

Hello !

I used to play to HOMM II when I was a kid, I was like 6. I was so terrible that i always used the magic 32167 and it was very funny for me, I played like hundred of hours to it.
Time passed and I played other games, but I recently re-discovered this game a week ago thanks to GoG. My new understanding of maths allowed me to suck a bit less at this game, and it's cool. :face:
I've never played others HOMM games, I just enjoy HOMM II as a game of my childhood.

As i got a bit bored I've decided to start a speedrun of this game, because I didn't find any on the web. That's probably just an idea that's gonna drop off in a few days, but while it's there I'd like to discuss things about how the game work. Is there any sub-forum here for this topic ?

Also I speak French and Poor English ^^

Have a nice day ! Smile

Last edited by Tout à fait on 2015-03-08, 06:29; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

Introduce yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself Icon_minitime2015-03-08, 06:26

Nice to meet you!

Well, you know, there actually is some kind of speedrun (a world record I would say). It's something about 33 days for Archibald's campaign lol

Peasant
Peasant
Tout à fait

Registration Date : 2015-03-08

Introduce yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself Icon_minitime2015-03-08, 06:30

Do you have a link ? I'd like to see it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Introduce yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Introduce yourself
Page 1 of 9Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
~ Forums of Enroth ~ :: International Board :: The Tavern-
Jump to: