Most Viewed Topics
H3SW: General Graphics discussion
Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW
H3SW General Discussion
H3SW: Dwelling Development
H3SW Map List: Work in progress
Dervish Faction General Concept
Enrothian Fan Art
H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You!
Серия книг "Земли Меча и Магии"
Introduce yourself

Share | 

How to add custom graphics? Can it be done with ERA?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
robizeratul
Elf
Elf

Quality Points : 20
Registration Date : 2015-07-01

PostSubject: How to add custom graphics? Can it be done with ERA?   2016-05-16, 07:05

So it's quite simple, I am making a map and it's huge, I have a lot of custom DEF files, I didn't figure how to add them to the game.

I hope one day you guys will add them to the mod... if you think my map is good enough, but until then I wish to be able to easily add more stuff to the map editor and see what I can do.

Can I do that directly? Can I make another "mod" with ERA mondameger and simply swap out files? Any thoughts on this?
Back to top Go down
Uhm
Minotaur
Minotaur

Quality Points : 415
Registration Date : 2015-07-17

PostSubject: Re: How to add custom graphics? Can it be done with ERA?   2016-05-18, 05:06

Prepare an image, give it cyan background and save as .bmp. Open Era Start Menu and click def editor. In "type" choose $43 Adventure Object. Go to frames, find your image, add it and check all special colours that are present on your image. Go back to "General", tick "Make Msk and Msg", "def path" and browse place for saving your def. Press a big button with a monkey wrench and voila! your def is ready Smile

Now open MMarchive, create a new .pac file, add your def files along with .msk and .msg. Create a new folder in "Mods" directory (give it a name of your mod), make "Data" folder and save there your .pac file. Make another folder in "Data", called "objects".

You also have to make a .txt file with a parameters of your new objects. Open Objects Editor In Era Start Menu and fill all necessary fields. Press Ctrl+E to add labeled objects. After all save .txt in "Objects" folder.

Now go to Mods Manager in Era Start Menu and enable your mod. If you've done everything correctly and I didn't louse something Razz you should have your own working mod now!
Back to top Go down
robizeratul
Elf
Elf

Quality Points : 20
Registration Date : 2015-07-01

PostSubject: Re: How to add custom graphics? Can it be done with ERA?   2016-06-13, 11:16

thank you uhm,you are always helpful and friendly! my map is slowly growing. i decided to start adding custom stuff later,when 0.8 is released.
i cant believe how hard it is,however people like you keep me going. hope one day you will play and enjoy my map!
Back to top Go down

How to add custom graphics? Can it be done with ERA?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1