~ Forums of Enroth ~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~ Forums of Enroth ~

The Enroth diehard fan community

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» [H3SW 0.8.2] Spicy Delivery
"WAIT" in HoMM2: Yes or No? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby DanilaRud015 2024-07-25, 23:37

» ...to XP run...
"WAIT" in HoMM2: Yes or No? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Darmani 2024-07-18, 21:34

» fheroes2 General Announcements
"WAIT" in HoMM2: Yes or No? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby sirDranik 2024-07-15, 00:28

» Silence of the Siren (HoMM like scifi game)
"WAIT" in HoMM2: Yes or No? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Sir Albe 2024-07-13, 08:09

» Songs of Silence (HoMM like game)
"WAIT" in HoMM2: Yes or No? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Blake01 2024-07-07, 21:12

» Lego Heroes of Might & Magic
"WAIT" in HoMM2: Yes or No? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Blake01 2024-07-07, 21:00

» 5Kings1Ring
"WAIT" in HoMM2: Yes or No? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby GodRage 2024-07-01, 10:33

Poll
Global announcements should be:
Everlasting, 1 for each project.
"WAIT" in HoMM2: Yes or No? - Page 2 Redbar110%"WAIT" in HoMM2: Yes or No? - Page 2 Redbar12
 0% [ 0 ]
Temporary, when there is something new to announce.
"WAIT" in HoMM2: Yes or No? - Page 2 Redbar11100%"WAIT" in HoMM2: Yes or No? - Page 2 Redbar12
 100% [ 6 ]
Holalala... No idea where the Ultimate artifact is.
"WAIT" in HoMM2: Yes or No? - Page 2 Redbar110%"WAIT" in HoMM2: Yes or No? - Page 2 Redbar12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6
Most Viewed Topics
H3SW: General Graphics discussion
Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW
Introduce yourself
H3SW General Discussion
H3SW Map List: Work in progress
H3SW: Dwelling Development
Forum Admins Feed
The Floody Land
Enrothian Fan Art
Heroes III: The Succession Wars v0.8.2 Beta

"WAIT" in HoMM2: Yes or No?

Go down 
+10
Gravorce
Unknown_Hero
Uhm
rrravyn
buffkaz
Darmani
Sir Albe
GodRage
Steven Aus
Orzie
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

"Wait" in HoMM2?
Yes
"WAIT" in HoMM2: Yes or No? - Page 2 Redbar1180%"WAIT" in HoMM2: Yes or No? - Page 2 Redbar12
 80% [ 55 ]
No
"WAIT" in HoMM2: Yes or No? - Page 2 Redbar1120%"WAIT" in HoMM2: Yes or No? - Page 2 Redbar12
 20% [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 69

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Unknown_Hero
Mage
Mage
Unknown_Hero

Quality Points : 78
Registration Date : 2015-09-06

"WAIT" in HoMM2: Yes or No? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "WAIT" in HoMM2: Yes or No?   "WAIT" in HoMM2: Yes or No? - Page 2 Icon_minitime2016-09-11, 04:23

The described situation with the flying unit, both in Heroes 2 and in Heroes 3, is more an AI programming problem than anything else.
If the AI is smart enough, and moves its troops so that they can reach, in a "cooperative" way, all the hexes on the battlefield, then the problem is solved.

But, it's still true that the "wait" button will only be a supplementary way to abuse the AI.

It would be better the AI moves its troops more smartly.
A simple example, instead of moving 6 hexes during its move (full move), and be attacked by an enemy troop with a move of 4 hexes the same round, the AI can decide to move only 4 hexes, to avoid the enemy attack, and be the first to attack next round.

The "wait" button is not a complete necessity, and I would prefer a smarter AI.

It should also be noted that, the predictive AI is also a great part of the fun during combat, and it's also a way to "use your brain" and win against a superior army. Smile
Back to top Go down
Baronus
Nomad
Nomad
Baronus

Quality Points : 1
Registration Date : 2016-06-12

PostSubject: Re: "WAIT" in HoMM2: Yes or No?   "WAIT" in HoMM2: Yes or No? - Page 2 Icon_minitime2016-09-13, 06:24

Its first question. How it will be work with AI. If the same like in HIII all is ok.
Back to top Go down
rafter
Skeleton
Skeleton
rafter

Quality Points : 0
Registration Date : 2016-12-12

PostSubject: Re: "WAIT" in HoMM2: Yes or No?   "WAIT" in HoMM2: Yes or No? - Page 2 Icon_minitime2016-12-18, 12:31

All I know for the Wait button is that the computers in Heroes 2 can not use it properly. So Wait buton can be used only during multiplayer. Also the Wait button will stop very interesting battles during siege combat, both singleplayer or multiplayer. It will be similar to a cheat. I not need one more cheat, So I do not want Wait button.
               For the Project Ironfist, It will be good if players may choose in the menu with the map and the starting race, the options that  the Project adds like Heroes 3 WOG.
Back to top Go down
DarkAtom
Pikeman
Pikeman
DarkAtom

Quality Points : 6
Registration Date : 2018-02-27

PostSubject: Re: "WAIT" in HoMM2: Yes or No?   "WAIT" in HoMM2: Yes or No? - Page 2 Icon_minitime2018-03-06, 04:31

First, if such a feature is introduced, then the Skip button must become Defend or something like that. If the Skip button gives no bonus, then it makes no sense to not wait.
Second, in which situations would you need this function? The only one I can think of now is if you have a medium speed shooter (Trolls for example), and the enemy has a high speed flyer (Gargoyles). In that case, it would make sense to wait with the Trolls and let your other units take out the Gargoyles, and then shoot.
But there are many reasons why H2 doesn't need this button:
1 player Smaller battlefield
2 players Flyers can go anywhere (they are not limited in movement like in H3)
3 players No range penalty for shooters (no reason to wait for the enemy to come closer)
4 players Way to much abuse... I wonder how H3 is without it
And I know that many (if not all) of these have been posted by others in this topic, but i just summarize it.
I vote for No.
Back to top Go down
Rubinia
Skeleton
Skeleton
Rubinia

Quality Points : 6
Registration Date : 2018-03-27

PostSubject: Re: "WAIT" in HoMM2: Yes or No?   "WAIT" in HoMM2: Yes or No? - Page 2 Icon_minitime2018-03-28, 02:57

The absense of 'Wait!' in heroes II is what I love immersely in the game, so definitely this kind of mod is not for me.
Back to top Go down
Darmani
Master Modder
Master Modder
Darmani

Quality Points : 47
Registration Date : 2014-12-27

PostSubject: Re: "WAIT" in HoMM2: Yes or No?   "WAIT" in HoMM2: Yes or No? - Page 2 Icon_minitime2018-05-14, 16:23

Ironfist has made it's final decision: There will be no Wait button in Ironfist.

You can read more about the decision here. I'm locking this thread; you can discuss on that topic.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "WAIT" in HoMM2: Yes or No?   "WAIT" in HoMM2: Yes or No? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"WAIT" in HoMM2: Yes or No?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2