~ Forums of Enroth ~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~ Forums of Enroth ~

The Enroth diehard fan community

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Songs of Conquest
[H3SW v0.8.2] First Aid Tent, Barbian Breakout and others Icon_minitimeby Blake01 2024-04-07, 15:14

» ...to XP run...
[H3SW v0.8.2] First Aid Tent, Barbian Breakout and others Icon_minitimeby CATMAN 2024-03-30, 03:16

» WARNING - The dreaded moment is here: Heroes 6 servers shutting down
[H3SW v0.8.2] First Aid Tent, Barbian Breakout and others Icon_minitimeby Blake01 2024-03-29, 23:04

» Songs of Silence (HoMM like game)
[H3SW v0.8.2] First Aid Tent, Barbian Breakout and others Icon_minitimeby Blake01 2024-03-27, 16:52

» Heroes Orchestra's 5th Birthday concerts with Paul Romero
[H3SW v0.8.2] First Aid Tent, Barbian Breakout and others Icon_minitimeby rrravyn 2024-03-23, 22:45

» fheroes2 General Announcements
[H3SW v0.8.2] First Aid Tent, Barbian Breakout and others Icon_minitimeby sirDranik 2024-03-17, 23:35

» Photo Gallery
[H3SW v0.8.2] First Aid Tent, Barbian Breakout and others Icon_minitimeby Sir Albe 2024-03-07, 06:57

Poll
Global announcements should be:
Everlasting, 1 for each project.
[H3SW v0.8.2] First Aid Tent, Barbian Breakout and others Redbar110%[H3SW v0.8.2] First Aid Tent, Barbian Breakout and others Redbar12
 0% [ 0 ]
Temporary, when there is something new to announce.
[H3SW v0.8.2] First Aid Tent, Barbian Breakout and others Redbar11100%[H3SW v0.8.2] First Aid Tent, Barbian Breakout and others Redbar12
 100% [ 6 ]
Holalala... No idea where the Ultimate artifact is.
[H3SW v0.8.2] First Aid Tent, Barbian Breakout and others Redbar110%[H3SW v0.8.2] First Aid Tent, Barbian Breakout and others Redbar12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6
Most Viewed Topics
H3SW: General Graphics discussion
Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW
Introduce yourself
H3SW General Discussion
H3SW Map List: Work in progress
H3SW: Dwelling Development
Forum Admins Feed
The Floody Land
Enrothian Fan Art
Heroes III: The Succession Wars v0.8.1 Beta

[H3SW v0.8.2] First Aid Tent, Barbian Breakout and others

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Halib
Pikeman
Pikeman
Halib

Quality Points : 5
Registration Date : 2023-01-24

[H3SW v0.8.2] First Aid Tent, Barbian Breakout and others Empty
PostSubject: [H3SW v0.8.2] First Aid Tent, Barbian Breakout and others   [H3SW v0.8.2] First Aid Tent, Barbian Breakout and others Icon_minitime2023-01-26, 03:22

Probably a few of these are just features that didn't get finished or added, but I still think it's worth mentioning them just in case. Here they are:

1. There is an option to wait with the first aid tent, but pressing the wait button simply skips the tent's action in that turn. It doesn't let you act with it during the same turn; the move is just lost.

2. The description of the expert first aid ability says: "Expert First Aid gives control of the first aid tent to the hero, healing 100 points of damage to the first unit of the selected stack." This description suggests that you will heal exactly 100 damage points every time, but sometimes it heals just 7, 34, etc. So either the description or the amount healed should be changed.

3. On both the "Barbarian Breakout" and the "Barbarian Breakout (Allies)" maps, you have an ally. This isn't the case in Heroes 3 SoD, where only on the "Barbarian Breakout (Allies)" map does one get an ally.

4. Sometimes the Sphinx doesn't reward you. I answered riddles correctly three different times. One time I got some mana, but the other times I don't think I got anything. Also, when it cursed me nothing happened.

5. Save before battle HD mod function doesn't work.

GodRage, Orzie, Sir Albe, Mefista and DanilaRud015 like this post

Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

Quality Points : 843
Registration Date : 2014-12-12

PostSubject: Re: [H3SW v0.8.2] First Aid Tent, Barbian Breakout and others   [H3SW v0.8.2] First Aid Tent, Barbian Breakout and others Icon_minitime2023-01-26, 05:27

Thank you for the report! We will sort this out.

Regarding Sphinx, this is the default WoG functionality. We don't have a solution yet unless someone skilled in programming will help us.

Regarding HD Mod, we don't have full compatibility with it (yet). HD+ functionality is not expected to work correctly.

Sir Albe and Halib like this post

Back to top Go down
Halib
Pikeman
Pikeman
Halib

PostSubject: Re: [H3SW v0.8.2] First Aid Tent, Barbian Breakout and others   [H3SW v0.8.2] First Aid Tent, Barbian Breakout and others Icon_minitime2023-06-06, 23:42

Some more things I noticed:
1. Some creatures in-game have different statistics that the ones they should have according to the balance changes thread on this forum e.g. Crusaders have 90hp instead of 80 and Rocs have 11 speed instead of 8.

2. The Battle Garb of Anduran can't be formed and I didn't even see it in the map editor. Also after assembling the Statue of Legion it can't be dismantled.

Sir Albe likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sir Albe
Mage
Mage
Sir Albe

Quality Points : 452
Registration Date : 2015-07-16

PostSubject: Re: [H3SW v0.8.2] First Aid Tent, Barbian Breakout and others   [H3SW v0.8.2] First Aid Tent, Barbian Breakout and others Icon_minitime2023-06-07, 18:40

Hi Halib and thanks for the report! I fixed the creature statistics page, so it should be more accurate now. About the Battle Garb, I think it should be constructible, but I may be wrong. I also think it should be possible dismantle the statue.

Halib likes this post

Back to top Go down
Halib
Pikeman
Pikeman
Halib

PostSubject: Re: [H3SW v0.8.2] First Aid Tent, Barbian Breakout and others   [H3SW v0.8.2] First Aid Tent, Barbian Breakout and others Icon_minitime2023-07-16, 09:31

A bug:
1. I set all AI behaviors of computer players on a map to warrior, but when I played the scenario and reset it multiple times, every time their behavior was random (not only warrior, but also builder and explorer).

EDIT:
2. Scouting specialty seems really overpowered. At level 15 with expert scouting that hero is essentially a walking observation tower.
3. When a hero with scouting skill (in my case it was Moham level 20) is recruited and still in a town, but visible on the adventure map, his scouting specialty and ability/skill don't apply until he steps out of town. The same is the case when a hero with scouting (skill) is freed from prison (his bonus applies only once he moves).

EDIT 2:
4. I checked once again and in HotA, when a combination artifact/component artifact is right-clicked, a pop-up appears asking if you want to dismantle/form the artifact. In H3SW, when right-clicking the BGoA (Battle Garb of Anduran) or the Statue of Legion only their information appears; there is no option to dismantle. The same is the case when you click on one of the component artifacts of the BGoA; it can't be formed. Also, the only way to access the BGoA is to change an artifact to it in the Map Editor using advanced properties and choosing subtype 88.
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: [H3SW v0.8.2] First Aid Tent, Barbian Breakout and others   [H3SW v0.8.2] First Aid Tent, Barbian Breakout and others Icon_minitime2023-07-18, 23:11

Hello!

1. Thank you, will need to check.

2. Scouting skill was intended to be the counter to Necromancer's Veil of Darkness, taking one of the (precious) slots of the hero Secondary Skills. In late game of classic Heroes or HotA, one slot matters much.

3. That is most probably H3 mechanics. Does pushing spacebar solve something?

4. That is intentional: the mechanics of combo artifacts is currently unfinished. There are even some bugs related to it.

Halib likes this post

Back to top Go down
Halib
Pikeman
Pikeman
Halib

PostSubject: Re: [H3SW v0.8.2] First Aid Tent, Barbian Breakout and others   [H3SW v0.8.2] First Aid Tent, Barbian Breakout and others Icon_minitime2023-07-19, 08:44

Hi!
Orzie wrote:
2. Scouting skill was intended to be the counter to Necromancer's Veil of Darkness, taking one of the (precious) slots of the hero Secondary Skills.
I didn't mean the scouting skill itself; I think the skill is fine as it is, but the scouting specialty is really powerful. According to its description, for every level of the hero, the scouting radius increases by one. I tested it with a Moham level 20, and he had a scouting radius larger than the observation tower. It probably gets even crazier the higher the level. It also feels kind of unrealistic/immersion breaking.

Orzie wrote:
3. That is most probably H3 mechanics. Does pushing spacebar solve something?
I'm away and won't be able to test that until Monday.
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: [H3SW v0.8.2] First Aid Tent, Barbian Breakout and others   [H3SW v0.8.2] First Aid Tent, Barbian Breakout and others Icon_minitime2023-07-20, 18:26

We'll think about that, but mind you, Scouting specialty is made so to provide at least some bonus against a level 20 enemy hero with Logisticts, Sorcery or Offense as specialty.

Heroes 2-3 gameplay intended the concept of main hero, and it's barely possible to play without it in H3SW as well. It's more likely that a secondary hero could have that specialty, and thus, their level won't be as high to break the immersion.
Back to top Go down
Halib
Pikeman
Pikeman
Halib

PostSubject: Re: [H3SW v0.8.2] First Aid Tent, Barbian Breakout and others   [H3SW v0.8.2] First Aid Tent, Barbian Breakout and others Icon_minitime2023-07-27, 08:01

I'm back

1. Pushing the space bar does not solve anything both when the hero is still in a town, but visible on the adventure map (in that case, it just opens the town screen) and when he is freed from prison.
2. All artifacts with ultimate in their name as well as the Heavenly Cloak and the Golden Goose can't be disabled in the map editor.
3. When there are no heroes available to recruit or only one, the spot in the tavern menu in which normally the hero portrait appears is see-through (you can see the town screen through the tavern menu). That doesn't look good.

Orzie likes this post

Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: [H3SW v0.8.2] First Aid Tent, Barbian Breakout and others   [H3SW v0.8.2] First Aid Tent, Barbian Breakout and others Icon_minitime2023-07-27, 19:47

Uh-oh.

Regarding 1, does the situation change when another hero initiates a barter with the scouting one?

Regarding 2, that is valuable information, thank you. I don't think that will be solved for the next release though, but I'll make sure that will be written down somewhere.

Regarding 3, I think that is so in the original as well. Perhaps the game was not designed for the case when there is too small number of heroes available.

Mefista and Halib like this post

Back to top Go down
Halib
Pikeman
Pikeman
Halib

PostSubject: Re: [H3SW v0.8.2] First Aid Tent, Barbian Breakout and others   [H3SW v0.8.2] First Aid Tent, Barbian Breakout and others Icon_minitime2023-08-02, 05:41

Orzie wrote:
does the situation change when another hero initiates a barter with the scouting one?
No it doesn't change when when barter is initiated

Orzie wrote:
I think that is so in the original as well. Perhaps the game was not designed for the case when there is too small number of heroes available.
I checked in HotA and there the spot in the tavern menu in which normally the hero portrait appears is coloured/filled in.
Back to top Go down
Sir Albe
Mage
Mage
Sir Albe

PostSubject: Re: [H3SW v0.8.2] First Aid Tent, Barbian Breakout and others   [H3SW v0.8.2] First Aid Tent, Barbian Breakout and others Icon_minitime2023-08-02, 06:18

Halib wrote:
I checked in HotA and there the spot in the tavern menu in which normally the hero portrait appears is coloured/filled in.

Just to be sure, do you achieve this outcome by disabling most of the heroes in the map editor?
Back to top Go down
Halib
Pikeman
Pikeman
Halib

PostSubject: Re: [H3SW v0.8.2] First Aid Tent, Barbian Breakout and others   [H3SW v0.8.2] First Aid Tent, Barbian Breakout and others Icon_minitime2023-08-02, 06:23

Yes

Sir Albe likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sir Albe
Mage
Mage
Sir Albe

PostSubject: Re: [H3SW v0.8.2] First Aid Tent, Barbian Breakout and others   [H3SW v0.8.2] First Aid Tent, Barbian Breakout and others Icon_minitime2023-08-02, 06:24

Halib wrote:
Yes

Alright, I will investige it further then Smile

Halib likes this post

Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: [H3SW v0.8.2] First Aid Tent, Barbian Breakout and others   [H3SW v0.8.2] First Aid Tent, Barbian Breakout and others Icon_minitime2023-08-03, 03:26

We'll need to know if the problem persists in the vanilla H3 and/or WoG. HotA is not a reference, regarding such bugs at least.
Back to top Go down
DanilaRud015
Pikeman
Pikeman
DanilaRud015

Quality Points : 21
Registration Date : 2019-08-16

PostSubject: Re: [H3SW v0.8.2] First Aid Tent, Barbian Breakout and others   [H3SW v0.8.2] First Aid Tent, Barbian Breakout and others Icon_minitime2023-08-03, 04:46

Seems like original game doesn't have bug thing. I've put only two avaible heroes and bought them both, there is no strange things. (tested on H3 Complete, without HD Mod)
[H3SW v0.8.2] First Aid Tent, Barbian Breakout and others Test10

(But in other hand I found other original game bug, where it doesn't shows other hero portrait after one hero left, but I can buy him. Just cool fact)
[H3SW v0.8.2] First Aid Tent, Barbian Breakout and others Test210

Sir Albe, Mefista and Halib like this post

Back to top Go down
Halib
Pikeman
Pikeman
Halib

PostSubject: Re: [H3SW v0.8.2] First Aid Tent, Barbian Breakout and others   [H3SW v0.8.2] First Aid Tent, Barbian Breakout and others Icon_minitime2023-08-03, 07:32

DanilaRud015 wrote:
(But in other hand I found other original game bug, where it doesn't shows other hero portrait after one hero left, but I can buy him. Just cool fact)
That also happens in H3SW

Mefista and DanilaRud015 like this post

Back to top Go down
Uhm
Vampire
Vampire
Uhm

Quality Points : 477
Registration Date : 2015-07-17

PostSubject: Re: [H3SW v0.8.2] First Aid Tent, Barbian Breakout and others   [H3SW v0.8.2] First Aid Tent, Barbian Breakout and others Icon_minitime2023-08-03, 23:00

I guess that's my fault, I simply left blank space behind portraits because I didn't knowthat it's possible to have 0 heroes in tavern Razz I will easily fix it.

Orzie, Sir Albe, DanilaRud015 and Halib like this post

Back to top Go down
Sir Albe
Mage
Mage
Sir Albe

PostSubject: Re: [H3SW v0.8.2] First Aid Tent, Barbian Breakout and others   [H3SW v0.8.2] First Aid Tent, Barbian Breakout and others Icon_minitime2023-08-04, 07:26

Don't worry Uhm, I already made a fix for it Smile
[H3SW v0.8.2] First Aid Tent, Barbian Breakout and others VJnawrN

Orzie, Mefista, DanilaRud015 and Halib like this post

Back to top Go down
Halib
Pikeman
Pikeman
Halib

PostSubject: Re: [H3SW v0.8.2] First Aid Tent, Barbian Breakout and others   [H3SW v0.8.2] First Aid Tent, Barbian Breakout and others Icon_minitime2023-08-04, 07:59

Perfect! Very Happy

Sir Albe likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [H3SW v0.8.2] First Aid Tent, Barbian Breakout and others   [H3SW v0.8.2] First Aid Tent, Barbian Breakout and others Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[H3SW v0.8.2] First Aid Tent, Barbian Breakout and others
Page 1 of 1