~ Forums of Enroth ~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~ Forums of Enroth ~

The Enroth diehard fan community

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» fheroes2 General Announcements
H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You! Icon_minitimeby sirDranik 2024-03-17, 23:35

» Photo Gallery
H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You! Icon_minitimeby Sir Albe 2024-03-07, 06:57

» Heroes Orchestra's 5th Birthday concerts with Paul Romero
H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You! Icon_minitimeby Sir Albe 2024-03-07, 06:55

» Polskie powitanie
H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You! Icon_minitimeby rrravyn 2024-03-05, 04:02

» Heroes II localisation: how to make no-CD patch.
H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You! Icon_minitimeby kiku 2024-02-19, 02:43

» WARNING - The dreaded moment is here: Heroes 6 servers shutting down
H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You! Icon_minitimeby Blake01 2024-02-17, 15:25

» Forum Admins Feed
H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You! Icon_minitimeby GodRage 2024-02-15, 22:10

Poll
Global announcements should be:
Everlasting, 1 for each project.
H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You! Redbar110%H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You! Redbar12
 0% [ 0 ]
Temporary, when there is something new to announce.
H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You! Redbar11100%H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You! Redbar12
 100% [ 6 ]
Holalala... No idea where the Ultimate artifact is.
H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You! Redbar110%H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You! Redbar12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6
Most Viewed Topics
H3SW: General Graphics discussion
Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW
Introduce yourself
H3SW General Discussion
H3SW Map List: Work in progress
H3SW: Dwelling Development
Forum Admins Feed
The Floody Land
Enrothian Fan Art
Heroes III: The Succession Wars v0.8.1 Beta

H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You!

Go down 
+26
Kentreri24
MaXenaeL
Rambo_Ironfist
AkuAkuIslands
Kantez
robizeratul
majaczek
Ragoon
Sibernethy
Ghoul
qlczas_PL
GodRage
Agar
Dr Slash
buffkaz
Geckatonheyr
Daleron
YhyJasne
Unknown_Hero
Tibor0803
Roarkes
Thorjac
Ser_Ironfist
Uhm
tophatchild
Orzie
30 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

Quality Points : 843
Registration Date : 2014-12-12

H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You! Empty
PostSubject: H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You!   H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You! Icon_minitime2015-07-21, 19:39

Heroes of Might and Magic III: The Succession Wars is always ready to welcome new recruits!

The main directions of work which are prioritized are listed below.

1. "Pixel" Art (256 colors, no dithering) ALWAYS REQUIRED
- Various game assets: adventure map objects, creature design, creature animations, interface assets, battlefield obstacles, battlefield terrains, townscreen assets, hero portraits, various icons and buttons, etc.

H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You! E_MBFy_JiH3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You! JVEPSw5H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You! P703CCeiH3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You! OMXXL6VH3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You! YR5vbPZH3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You! ZFJSlxHH3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You! QRZsME3H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You! 3PmTf3r

H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You! FP6vOrsH3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You! DEPW2RRH3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You! MEuugSdH3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You! TMWM43xH3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You! DaSC8W5H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You! WlW0G0aH3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You! R3I7vReH3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You! BDrDEkOH3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You! AmRS6Ma
H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You! GQNwiPlH3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You! LoY2r6yH3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You! NxV4C38H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You! VZwV8Zy

2. Handmade Artworks, 2D Art (800x600, preferably a multiple of that) in a style resembling the given examples
- Single Player Menu backgrounds, Obelisk Puzzles.

H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You! SL1KSu8rETY
H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You! Edn3cyo9NKc
H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You! EvN97IK

3. Web Design (GodRage, I am looking at you!  lol)
- New web design for our ModDB Page customized at least like this one. The graphics is on us: preferably, we will use Ashirox's Tavern and make the buttons on signs: Forums, Twitter, etc.

4. Map Conversion
- H1-to-H3SW, H2-to-H3SW and H3-to-H3SW map conversions. The latter represent classic Heroes 3 maps loaded in H3SW map editor with properly fixed object passabilities. See H3SW Map List.
H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You! Facebook_ss4

5. Map Testers
- Playtesting of the converted maps, analyzing the map gameplay, its difference from classic one (just as a note for us), searching for broken objects.

Last edited by Orzie on 2018-05-13, 06:06; edited 1 time in total

Zsemi likes this post

Back to top Go down
tophatchild
Pikeman
Pikeman
tophatchild

Quality Points : 13
Registration Date : 2015-01-19

PostSubject: Re: H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You!   H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You! Icon_minitime2015-07-23, 20:17

Well, I'm volunteering here for making some 256 pixel art, but the thing is I'm not sure which software do I have to use. Last year I've elaborated some samples for a game in development using Gimp. Is it fine for you?

https://plus.google.com/photos/103757098691904652135/albums/5989143780362995121?hl=es&partnerid=gplp0

And the same thing works for the "handmade" artwork you mentioned. Are you demanding digital or traditional artworks? I could arrange some of the last, y'know: watercolors, pastels, crayons, pencils...
Back to top Go down
http://tophatchild.blogspot.com/
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You!   H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You! Icon_minitime2015-07-23, 21:13

Gimp is fine.

For you, I can offer to make a few adventure map dwellings for the start. This is a new feature of H3SW and it is highly demanded since we have to fill the whole list with our own. Unfortunately I'm in the countryside for a few days so I cannot provide a decent guideline right now. There are some technical restrictions in the game that require attention.

Perhaps Uhm can spare the details while I'm away.

I suggest the Orc's hut or Minotaur's maze.

As for the big artworks, they are meant to be digital, and yes, I don't believe anyone can handle it. Ashirox's made a too high standard for digital arts, so I think I will try to get a commission art from him or a few other pro artists I know. Anyways, Heroes 1-2 and MM6 fan art are more than welcome in the respective topic.

Please note that it's not a problem if the dwelling is not perfect. We can improve it ourselves. The flag for it is not needed because adding a flag is a special procedure and we will handle it ourselves too.

Pikeman
Pikeman
tophatchild

PostSubject: Re: H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You!   H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You! Icon_minitime2015-07-23, 22:01

Thanks! I'll do my best. On the other hand, there's no hurry: I'll wait for you to go back home and we'll talk about those details, ok?

In regard to the traditional artwork that I put on the table, I think it would be interesting in order to perform our incoming ideas and projects. I mean, like in the movies: first you make drafts of the scenes as a previous step for filming them.

Yep, I'm gonna make some fan art, and who knows? perhaps in the future I'll lead my work into digital waters.

Bye!
Back to top Go down
Uhm
Vampire
Vampire
Uhm

Quality Points : 477
Registration Date : 2015-07-17

PostSubject: Re: H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You!   H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You! Icon_minitime2015-07-25, 00:28

I will be gone for a few weeks, but I can still put some clues on making map objects - all new buildings are welcomed, however we're in need of new creatures' dwellings.

- You can use whatever utility you need, I'am using paint.net, Orzie mtpaint, but gimp or any other program will be fine

-Height and width of an image must be multiple of 32 pixels (for map objects)

-Use this palette:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xi4jlwhzjwz5tr8/H2Palette.png?dl=0
But there shouldn't be any trouble if some pixels will differ from presented in palette (at least for map objects)
Version for photoshop:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xntfgyaj8xdg693/%21Palette%20%28New%2C%20adapted%20for%20flags%29.act?dl=0
and txt, used e.g. in paint.net:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6uqb7nxu02iwvno/H2txtpalette.7z?dl=0

IMPORTANT!
- Creature dwellings should have only one red square and one yellow (one by one) and as many passable (transparent) squares as you want.

- Don't worry about shadow and flag, we've got proper utilities so we will make it later.

I.Knight:
1.Peasant cottage (this one is acceptable, but it still lag behind the others):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ux78vn6aqbedlrv/chlopska.png?dl=0
2.Pikemen dwelling (a bit to sharp):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vr0zxwkc2hr005g/pikeman-dwelling-v2.png?dl=0
3.Cathedral (Needs polishment):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/109n5yhqg5niwjn/desdwell2.png?dl=0

II.Sorceress
4.Dwarven cottage
5.Elven dwelling
6.Druid dwelling (but not circle, we already have two ;P)
7.Phoenix. We can convert this one from HoTA:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7gn3ia6rh2zronp/converted%20red%20tower.png?dl=0
but we also have two nice versions: first is somehow faded, both are standing on only one square:
a)   https://www.dropbox.com/s/3r8aeze2ghtknhj/AVGgdrg0.png?dl=0
b)   https://www.dropbox.com/s/lt4fhszi1m9187v/AVGgdrg1.png?dl=0

III.Wizard
8. Golem factory - we will use object from H2, but now it is placeholding war machine factory. We can draw new dwelling or machine factory.
9. Hippogriph needs 2-square dwelling, I would just add some trees to this one  Cool
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4in8ol3j4b1u0f7/HIP.png?dl=0
10. Mage tower like above:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/s0f8yz0wu7sgrz3/AVGMAGE0.png?dl=0

IV.Necromancer - For now he doesn't need new buildings, some could be polished a bit, but later.

V.Warlock
11. Maze
https://www.dropbox.com/s/w3pajepquy8idgb/AVGmino0.png?dl=0
12.Hydra's dwelling
13.Dragon tower - I was thinking about H1 black tower, also we can convert original H2 or HoTA's (still remember about 2 squares!):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/oui4ltjjlt6jazb/converted%20black%20tower.png?dl=0

VI.Barbarian
14 & 15 Orc tower and Harpy dwelling - nothing yet

VII.Dervish - Lineup still in progress, now we need only
16.  Genie dwelling, current is from Palm Heroes:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/b38dzhepc85flcg/AVGfbrda.png?dl=0

Other important buildings are: school of magic, university, sanctuary, seers' huts and cover of darkness.
Half-done school of war:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9xwgu93iaj7wd06/towerdefn1.png?dl=0

Of course You can do anything you want, interface is mostly done, but you can also animate creatures or help with townscreens, we can send you some drafts. Orzie mentioned that there are some lacking portraits.

Last edited by Uhm on 2015-08-20, 05:30; edited 2 times in total

GodRage likes this post

Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You!   H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You! Icon_minitime2015-07-25, 00:35

Thanks a lot Uhm. I must also add that the new dwellings must be designed in order to satisfy this kind of passability scheme:

H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You! KWyplh6

All other squares must be left "fully passable" even if there are pixels standing out. The shadow is not needed.

Also I must note that Dervish's dwellings are not needed right now, because we are currently developing the general concept of this faction, including the visual concept.

I also made a Russian guideline for graphics in the past on DF2 forum and I plan to translate it later.
LINK

It is likely that the new dwelling design should replicate the concept of the dwelling on the townscreen, but the perspective is likely to be different. This will provide variety to the project.

Also, don't use colors 0-9 and 247-255 in the given palette. These are maintenance colors and they are used for technical purposes.

Pikeman
Pikeman
tophatchild

PostSubject: Re: H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You!   H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You! Icon_minitime2015-07-26, 05:12

Acknowledged! I'm on it. Let's see what I've got for the next weeks. Thank you both Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You!   H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You! Icon_minitime2015-08-28, 08:06

This project is very interesting. I would like to try my hand at some of the pixel art.

I am also interested in the 2D art designs, and I am willing to give those a try, but I would like to clarify something.

I'm assuming you intend to use the newly drawn screens as a replacement for the old ones, correct? If that's the case, each building is going to have to be done separately, or at least digitally, so that they can be separated into layers. Which I'm fine with, I just need to make this clear before I start anything.

And, of course, it looks like you want it done in a story book style.
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You!   H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You! Icon_minitime2015-08-28, 14:49

Concerning the 2D art, we are pessimistic. There are only 2 artists known who are able to make it qualified enough: Ashirox and Dominic-B. The latter is not available for contact, unfortunately.

Once we got some guarantees from a former NWC employee, Brian Kemper, who is the creator of original Heroes 3 puzzle artworks, but later he disappeared.

So that I guess 2D art is a matter of professional artists if we will be able to find any more. We cannot have artworks which differ too much in style and quality, they all must fit to each other.

Concerning the townscreens, in fact we just use the same H2 graphics when compiling new townscreens for the classic castles. To fill the space and H3 functionality scheme, we create previously unseen parts of those buildings and some new ones. It's a hard work so I would suggest to try simpler pixel art like icons or map objects at first to gain some experience and better understanding of the actual scale of the work. Also, simple pixel art still helps us a lot even if it is not very much qualified, because it is better for us to improve rather than make from scratch.

Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You!   H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You! Icon_minitime2015-08-29, 00:56

Alright, I understand. Thank you for the clarification.

I will see what kind of pixel works I can come up with in my spare time.
Back to top Go down
Ser_Ironfist
Peasant
Peasant
Ser_Ironfist

Quality Points : 0
Registration Date : 2015-06-30

PostSubject: Re: H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You!   H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You! Icon_minitime2015-09-05, 21:44

Do you need completely new maps as well? In the past I made Pyramide from H2 for H3, but I'd prefer to make my own new maps instead of copying consisting ones.
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You!   H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You! Icon_minitime2015-09-07, 20:51

Not now. Currently we plan to feature only classic H1-H2-H3 maps for the next releases until v1.0. v1.0 release may feature some new maps with the full object diversity.

Some kind of map contest for the official release may be created in future.

Gargoyle
Gargoyle
Thorjac

Quality Points : 5
Registration Date : 2015-09-10

PostSubject: Re: H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You!   H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You! Icon_minitime2015-09-10, 22:29

Heya!
I would like to contribute a bit with Sprites.
Here's my take on the Acolyte (Follower of Baa), WIP:
H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You! QwtikAe
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You!   H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You! Icon_minitime2015-09-10, 23:29

Welcome to the Forums of Enroth, Thorjac! Feel yourself at home.

Your adjustments over the Dervish 2nd level draft are very welcome, they should serve as a nice basis for future improvements. I will update the Dervish faction design document.

If you are ready for some more work, feel free to check Uhm's post of Fri 24 Jul - 18:28 in this topic. There is a huge amount of work for the map objects: creature dwellings and some others.

If you don't get what
Uhm wrote:
- Creature dwellings should have only one red square and one yellow (one by one) and as many passable (transparent) squares as you want.

means, I'll explain: the RED square in the WoG Map Editor is impassable, while the YELLOW square is "active", e.g. a dwelling entrance. You don't have to draw any squares, you should just keep in mind that your creature dwelling should satisfy the passability rule on the adventure map, with each square being of a standard 32x32 pixels size.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask them in the Graphics Discussion topic.

Gargoyle
Gargoyle
Roarkes

Quality Points : 2
Registration Date : 2015-08-22

PostSubject: Re: H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You!   H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You! Icon_minitime2015-09-13, 23:28

What program do you all use for pixel art ?
Back to top Go down
http://dosbox-turbo-tutorials.blogspot.com
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You!   H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You! Icon_minitime2015-09-14, 06:07

It differs. I prefer Photoshop for H3SW, sometimes I use MtPaint for making some H2 graphics when I require more strict palette index control.

In general it doesn't matter, the only necessary thing is keeping H2 palette.

Gargoyle
Gargoyle
Roarkes

Quality Points : 2
Registration Date : 2015-08-22

PostSubject: Re: H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You!   H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You! Icon_minitime2015-09-17, 06:21

Thanks. I may try the programs you mentioned for Quake 2, for making textures at pixel level.
Back to top Go down
http://dosbox-turbo-tutorials.blogspot.com
tophatchild
Pikeman
Pikeman
tophatchild

PostSubject: Re: H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You!   H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You! Icon_minitime2015-10-09, 23:12

Hiya! Would you be interested in a concept like that? Like a third-level creatures for an advanced version of the mod?

H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You! Bearwa12

A little progression:

H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You! Bearwa13

I'm able to make it better, but before to do more stuff, I wanna know your opinion.

I have in mind some more creatures: the precious faery dragon from HOMM III, so the evil beholder, a reworking of the current HOMM II's elves, which I consider a bit... naïf, a dark knight... And why not? Adding some dwarves to the table, y'know,   as a resemblance from the fifth instalment.

Last edited by tophatchild on 2015-10-10, 06:34; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tibor0803
Nomad
Nomad
Tibor0803

Quality Points : 21
Registration Date : 2015-08-09

PostSubject: Re: H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You!   H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You! Icon_minitime2015-10-10, 02:29

tophatchild wrote:
H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You! Bearwa12

Dwarfish, but very nice attempt especially the bear. I bet this one is from the Kronverk faction from Hota.
Back to top Go down
tophatchild
Pikeman
Pikeman
tophatchild

PostSubject: Re: H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You!   H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You! Icon_minitime2015-10-10, 02:41

Quote :
I bet this one is from the Kronverk faction from Hota.

Actually it's all mine, I didn't even know there was an attempt to do so from HoTA team. Thanks for the input!
Back to top Go down
Tibor0803
Nomad
Nomad
Tibor0803

Quality Points : 21
Registration Date : 2015-08-09

PostSubject: Re: H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You!   H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You! Icon_minitime2015-10-10, 02:57

tophatchild wrote:
Actually it's all mine, I didn't even know there was an attempt to do so from HoTA team. Thanks for the input!

Hehh, my bad! Twisted Evil It just slipped out of my mouth.
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You!   H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You! Icon_minitime2015-10-11, 01:33

The bear looks like a lot of fun. We actually even made some drafts for Goblins mounted on Boars and Wolves. This can also be saved for some future ideas. Yet, there's not much room for that creatures in the game, and we anyway have other problems for our upcoming v0.8 beta release.

Pikeman
Pikeman
tophatchild

PostSubject: Re: H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You!   H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You! Icon_minitime2015-10-11, 03:37

Alright, it's just stuff made for fun. Perhaps these sprites will be useful for any other devs-fans in the future. Who knows? :cyclops:

Here you are a sample of the dark knight!:

H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You! Darkin13

:pirat:

Last edited by tophatchild on 2015-10-11, 03:42; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You!   H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You! Icon_minitime2015-10-11, 03:39

We actually have our own Death Knight presented on the second promo screenshot. I would ask you to write in another thread with fun developments, it's reserved for team recruiting. Smile

Pikeman
Pikeman
tophatchild

PostSubject: Re: H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You!   H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You! Icon_minitime2015-10-11, 03:44

...Ahem. Very kind! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You!   H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You!
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next