Most Viewed Topics
H3SW: General Graphics discussion
Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW
H3SW General Discussion
H3SW: Dwelling Development
H3SW Map List: Work in progress
Dervish Faction General Concept
Enrothian Fan Art
H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You!
Серия книг "Земли Меча и Магии"
Introduce yourself

Share | 

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder

Quality Points : 614
Registration Date : 2014-12-12

PostSubject: Re: H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You!   2017-02-20, 01:19

Quote :
These houses are great! I will add them immediately.

Please don't do this for now, they are far from being perfect and they are obviously copied and made out of already existing objects, which we are supposed to avoid. It's better to have strictly Heroes 2-Heroes 3 basis for the upcoming versions until v1.0, with a limited choice of new graphics. The more is not always the better, the overall quality of the mod is diluted otherwise.

Uhm
Minotaur
Minotaur

Quality Points : 415
Registration Date : 2015-07-17

PostSubject: Re: H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You!   2017-02-20, 01:40

Currently I am adding all I can Razz I am going to ask beta-testers, which objects they find bad mannered and then I will remove them.

Well, Roland, it seems I've won our little contest.  But don't worry. Not only have I decided to spare your life, but I am appointing you monarch of the Western Tower.  Perhaps I will come and visit your splendid court, when you are not entertaining important rats and spiders.
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder

PostSubject: Re: H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You!   2017-02-20, 01:44

Uhm wrote:
Currently I am adding all I can Razz I am going to ask beta-testers, which objects they find bad mannered and then I will remove them.
You could simply ask me about that. Smile

The graphics of any new object added to the mod aside from those which are official must be discussed first. We risk too much by putting objects which don't fit. I am not against new objects, but I am against the "quality < quantity" principle. The gameplay is not dependent on new objects currently.

For example, we don't need such new objects as a gold-giving village. We already have Water Mill for this. The gameplay also doesn't require such objects, with them being useful only to certain mapmakers to bring their personal ideas to their personal maps - while mapmaking is not the case until at least v0.9. We require a stable and good-looking game at first.

Last edited by Orzie on 2017-02-20, 01:47; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kantez
Nomad
Nomad

Quality Points : 34
Registration Date : 2017-02-19

PostSubject: Subject: Re: H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You!    2017-02-20, 01:47

Orzie have right, this is just a concept.
I will make it better, i'd maked animation test for this village, i will edit walls to give it more unique look, maybe i will add some crates,barrels or hayclump. It will look better in its final form.

Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder

PostSubject: Re: H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You!   2017-02-20, 01:49

The T-shaped house has some potential and I seem to like it, but I suggest another use for it: the flaggable 2-squared Dwarf dwelling. This way we won't have to overhaul the concept and we will fill a niche which is currently empty, but required for the release of the beta.

A mishmash of Peasant and Dwarf houses to make an entirely different object with different functionality is not an option, it's not what Heroes 2 was meant to be. The people will not understand this.

Kantez
Nomad
Nomad

PostSubject: Subject: Re: H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You!   2017-02-20, 02:31

As requested Smile

Fortified dwarf dwelling, i can add shadow but i dont know how to add changable flag...
Smoke animation frames will be added after approval.
Could anyone post fort on hill sprite?
Back to top Go down
robizeratul
Elf
Elf

Quality Points : 20
Registration Date : 2015-07-01

PostSubject: Re: H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You!   2017-02-20, 02:50

Wow, great work! Love the fortified buildings, its like they are normal buildings but built in hostile lands, adds flavour and personality to the buildings.

Ps: sent you a pm, did you see it ? Really love what you are doing!
Back to top Go down
Kantez
Nomad
Nomad

PostSubject: Subject: Re: H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You!    2017-02-20, 03:11

Some orchard. Im not sure its graphic style fits here. Its from homm1 graphic assets.
Back to top Go down
robizeratul
Elf
Elf

PostSubject: Re: H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You!   2017-02-20, 04:04

Kantez, some thoughts:

1)try adding a well, thats what is missing from those buildings!

2)of its fortified, try adding some bars/planks on the window, so you know they are serious about fortification.

3) it looks a little out of place but still good. With a little editing i think its a good idea.

Also, sent you a message Kantez, did you see it ? Would appreciate a response... anyway if you have all this stuff lying arround and if you will make more, start a nrlew thread like ragoon did, so all your stuff is in one place. That way its easier for Orzie and others to eee and discuss your work!
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder

PostSubject: Re: H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You!   2017-02-20, 18:22

Quote :
1)try adding a well, thats what is missing from those buildings!
That's not required absolutely if we speak about H3SW at first. I already expressed my position on copied graphics.

Kantez wrote:
As requested Smile

Fortified dwarf dwelling, i can add shadow but i dont know how to add changable flag...
Smoke animation frames will be added after approval.
Could anyone post fort on hill sprite?
The flags and shadows are not required, it will be on us. The stakes or any kind of fortification are also redundant, because it's not about the Sorceress.
Other than that, excellent work, this will be useful to us.

If you still have some inspiration to work on assets which are necessary for H3SW, I can suggest doing the same thing with the Peasant dwelling. We also need a 2-squared version of it, but the shape should be different.

robizeratul
Elf
Elf

PostSubject: Re: H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You!   2017-02-21, 00:57

I know your view Orzie! I was thinking of a different well not the standard one. I thinknit would fit... but tgats just me.

Speaking of wells, what do you think about having different varieties ? Normal gives 100% spellpoints, desecated gives 25/50 big well givrs 150/200. I think its simple and could be fun...
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder

PostSubject: Re: H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You!   2017-02-21, 01:11

Quote :
I know your view Orzie! I was thinking of a different well not the standard one. I thinknit would fit... but tgats just me.

Speaking of wells, what do you think about having different varieties ? Normal gives 100% spellpoints, desecated gives 25/50 big well givrs 150/200. I think its simple and could be fun...

The current course for the upcoming beta is strictly Heroes 2 - Heroes 3 object basis to provide a neat look on the gameplay without questionable solutions which were not properly discussed on the forum. We still got a lot of empty niches to fill (and graphics to make), like the terrain overlays, and don't require ideas on the first place. With experiments and ideas all the way it will look no less infamously ugly and amorphous than WoG itself. There are too many ideas and too less thoughts about the gameplay, as well as there are no observations of what the game needs on the first place.

Concerning the different types of wells, it can be possible in future if the Mysticism skill will feel redundant enough and will require a safety measure to make it more valuable. Adding objects for the sake of adding objects ("it could be fun") is not the right way to go, the mod will never be finished in this case and all the screenshots and videos will look like it was made just for fun.

New objects added for the sake of more diverse mapmaking is not the matter of the upcoming beta as well, the game needs to be stable and more or less crystallized. There is still many places for new objects, but frankensteined houses aren't the case. If a new object is not decorative and has a peculiar functionality, this brings even more difficulties because feanor must code it and Orzie must persuade him to do so.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4