~ Forums of Enroth ~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~ Forums of Enroth ~

The Enroth diehard fan community

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» fheroes2 General Announcements
H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeby sirDranik 2024-03-17, 23:35

» Photo Gallery
H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeby Sir Albe 2024-03-07, 06:57

» Heroes Orchestra's 5th Birthday concerts with Paul Romero
H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeby Sir Albe 2024-03-07, 06:55

» Polskie powitanie
H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeby rrravyn 2024-03-05, 04:02

» Heroes II localisation: how to make no-CD patch.
H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeby kiku 2024-02-19, 02:43

» WARNING - The dreaded moment is here: Heroes 6 servers shutting down
H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeby Blake01 2024-02-17, 15:25

» Forum Admins Feed
H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeby GodRage 2024-02-15, 22:10

Poll
Global announcements should be:
Everlasting, 1 for each project.
H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You! - Page 4 Redbar110%H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You! - Page 4 Redbar12
 0% [ 0 ]
Temporary, when there is something new to announce.
H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You! - Page 4 Redbar11100%H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You! - Page 4 Redbar12
 100% [ 6 ]
Holalala... No idea where the Ultimate artifact is.
H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You! - Page 4 Redbar110%H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You! - Page 4 Redbar12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6
Most Viewed Topics
H3SW: General Graphics discussion
Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW
Introduce yourself
H3SW General Discussion
H3SW Map List: Work in progress
H3SW: Dwelling Development
Forum Admins Feed
The Floody Land
Enrothian Fan Art
Heroes III: The Succession Wars v0.8.1 Beta

H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You!

Go down 
+26
Kentreri24
MaXenaeL
Rambo_Ironfist
AkuAkuIslands
Kantez
robizeratul
majaczek
Ragoon
Sibernethy
Ghoul
qlczas_PL
GodRage
Agar
Dr Slash
buffkaz
Geckatonheyr
Daleron
YhyJasne
Unknown_Hero
Tibor0803
Roarkes
Thorjac
Ser_Ironfist
Uhm
tophatchild
Orzie
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

Quality Points : 843
Registration Date : 2014-12-12

H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You!   H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You! - Page 4 Icon_minitime2017-02-20, 01:19

Quote :
These houses are great! I will add them immediately.

Please don't do this for now, they are far from being perfect and they are obviously copied and made out of already existing objects, which we are supposed to avoid. It's better to have strictly Heroes 2-Heroes 3 basis for the upcoming versions until v1.0, with a limited choice of new graphics. The more is not always the better, the overall quality of the mod is diluted otherwise.

Vampire
Vampire
Uhm

Quality Points : 477
Registration Date : 2015-07-17

PostSubject: Re: H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You!   H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You! - Page 4 Icon_minitime2017-02-20, 01:40

Currently I am adding all I can Razz I am going to ask beta-testers, which objects they find bad mannered and then I will remove them.

Well, Roland, it seems I've won our little contest.  But don't worry. Not only have I decided to spare your life, but I am appointing you monarch of the Western Tower.  Perhaps I will come and visit your splendid court, when you are not entertaining important rats and spiders.
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You!   H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You! - Page 4 Icon_minitime2017-02-20, 01:44

Uhm wrote:
Currently I am adding all I can Razz I am going to ask beta-testers, which objects they find bad mannered and then I will remove them.
You could simply ask me about that. Smile

The graphics of any new object added to the mod aside from those which are official must be discussed first. We risk too much by putting objects which don't fit. I am not against new objects, but I am against the "quality < quantity" principle. The gameplay is not dependent on new objects currently.

For example, we don't need such new objects as a gold-giving village. We already have Water Mill for this. The gameplay also doesn't require such objects, with them being useful only to certain mapmakers to bring their personal ideas to their personal maps - while mapmaking is not the case until at least v0.9. We require a stable and good-looking game at first.

Last edited by Orzie on 2017-02-20, 01:47; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kantez
Nomad
Nomad
Kantez

Quality Points : 34
Registration Date : 2017-02-19

PostSubject: Subject: Re: H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You!    H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You! - Page 4 Icon_minitime2017-02-20, 01:47

Orzie have right, this is just a concept.
I will make it better, i'd maked animation test for this village, i will edit walls to give it more unique look, maybe i will add some crates,barrels or hayclump. It will look better in its final form.

H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You! - Page 4 Cot110
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You!   H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You! - Page 4 Icon_minitime2017-02-20, 01:49

The T-shaped house has some potential and I seem to like it, but I suggest another use for it: the flaggable 2-squared Dwarf dwelling. This way we won't have to overhaul the concept and we will fill a niche which is currently empty, but required for the release of the beta.

A mishmash of Peasant and Dwarf houses to make an entirely different object with different functionality is not an option, it's not what Heroes 2 was meant to be. The people will not understand this.

Nomad
Nomad
Kantez

PostSubject: Subject: Re: H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You!   H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You! - Page 4 Icon_minitime2017-02-20, 02:31

As requested Smile

H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You! - Page 4 Dwarf_10
H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You! - Page 4 Dwarf_11

Fortified dwarf dwelling, i can add shadow but i dont know how to add changable flag...
Smoke animation frames will be added after approval.
Could anyone post fort on hill sprite?
Back to top Go down
robizeratul
Elf
Elf
robizeratul

Quality Points : 32
Registration Date : 2015-07-01

PostSubject: Re: H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You!   H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You! - Page 4 Icon_minitime2017-02-20, 02:50

Wow, great work! Love the fortified buildings, its like they are normal buildings but built in hostile lands, adds flavour and personality to the buildings.

Ps: sent you a pm, did you see it ? Really love what you are doing!
Back to top Go down
Kantez
Nomad
Nomad
Kantez

PostSubject: Subject: Re: H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You!    H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You! - Page 4 Icon_minitime2017-02-20, 03:11

Some orchard. Im not sure its graphic style fits here. Its from homm1 graphic assets.
H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You! - Page 4 Orh1_k10
Back to top Go down
robizeratul
Elf
Elf
robizeratul

PostSubject: Re: H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You!   H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You! - Page 4 Icon_minitime2017-02-20, 04:04

Kantez, some thoughts:

1)try adding a well, thats what is missing from those buildings!

2)of its fortified, try adding some bars/planks on the window, so you know they are serious about fortification.

3) it looks a little out of place but still good. With a little editing i think its a good idea.

Also, sent you a message Kantez, did you see it ? Would appreciate a response... anyway if you have all this stuff lying arround and if you will make more, start a nrlew thread like ragoon did, so all your stuff is in one place. That way its easier for Orzie and others to eee and discuss your work!
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You!   H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You! - Page 4 Icon_minitime2017-02-20, 18:22

Quote :
1)try adding a well, thats what is missing from those buildings!
That's not required absolutely if we speak about H3SW at first. I already expressed my position on copied graphics.

Kantez wrote:
As requested Smile

H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You! - Page 4 Dwarf_10
H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You! - Page 4 Dwarf_11

Fortified dwarf dwelling, i can add shadow but i dont know how to add changable flag...
Smoke animation frames will be added after approval.
Could anyone post fort on hill sprite?
The flags and shadows are not required, it will be on us. The stakes or any kind of fortification are also redundant, because it's not about the Sorceress.
Other than that, excellent work, this will be useful to us.

If you still have some inspiration to work on assets which are necessary for H3SW, I can suggest doing the same thing with the Peasant dwelling. We also need a 2-squared version of it, but the shape should be different.

Elf
Elf
robizeratul

PostSubject: Re: H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You!   H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You! - Page 4 Icon_minitime2017-02-21, 00:57

I know your view Orzie! I was thinking of a different well not the standard one. I thinknit would fit... but tgats just me.

Speaking of wells, what do you think about having different varieties ? Normal gives 100% spellpoints, desecated gives 25/50 big well givrs 150/200. I think its simple and could be fun...
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You!   H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You! - Page 4 Icon_minitime2017-02-21, 01:11

Quote :
I know your view Orzie! I was thinking of a different well not the standard one. I thinknit would fit... but tgats just me.

Speaking of wells, what do you think about having different varieties ? Normal gives 100% spellpoints, desecated gives 25/50 big well givrs 150/200. I think its simple and could be fun...

The current course for the upcoming beta is strictly Heroes 2 - Heroes 3 object basis to provide a neat look on the gameplay without questionable solutions which were not properly discussed on the forum. We still got a lot of empty niches to fill (and graphics to make), like the terrain overlays, and don't require ideas on the first place. With experiments and ideas all the way it will look no less infamously ugly and amorphous than WoG itself. There are too many ideas and too less thoughts about the gameplay, as well as there are no observations of what the game needs on the first place.

Concerning the different types of wells, it can be possible in future if the Mysticism skill will feel redundant enough and will require a safety measure to make it more valuable. Adding objects for the sake of adding objects ("it could be fun") is not the right way to go, the mod will never be finished in this case and all the screenshots and videos will look like it was made just for fun.

New objects added for the sake of more diverse mapmaking is not the matter of the upcoming beta as well, the game needs to be stable and more or less crystallized. There is still many places for new objects, but frankensteined houses aren't the case. If a new object is not decorative and has a peculiar functionality, this brings even more difficulties because feanor must code it and Orzie must persuade him to do so.

Pikeman
Pikeman
qlczas_PL

Quality Points : 20
Registration Date : 2016-12-21

PostSubject: Re: H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You!   H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You! - Page 4 Icon_minitime2017-06-16, 07:51

Hello again,
I have free time now and will gladly do some testing (I am professional tester and I hope I can contribute to the project). I do some programming also in C# and can learn other language if needed. Just let me know what is needed to be done!

Cheers!

Last edited by qlczas_PL on 2018-08-22, 10:42; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rambo_Ironfist
Peasant
Peasant
Rambo_Ironfist

Quality Points : 2
Registration Date : 2018-05-12

PostSubject: Re: H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You!   H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You! - Page 4 Icon_minitime2018-05-13, 05:25

Hey, I can help with the ModDB CSS. I'd need to know few things first:

H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You! - Page 4 0znzS2W

1. ModDB logo can be custom, what would you like to see there?
a) Platform buttons and menu can be customized too.
b) Register/sign in and search also

SW Conquest ( moddb.com/mods/swconquest ) got nice semi-transparent header which overlays internal background. H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You! - Page 4 Q16yGxU

2. Black background can be changed. I would assume repeated pattern of game map fragment will do nicely similar to this website background. Few more objects thrown in would help too.

3. Image and styling can be altered. SW Conquest mod has a nice image split.

4. Media gallery buttons and frames could be changed to some H2 arrows, like rotated mouse cursor or something near it.

5. Frame label will have to be altered to suit HoMM2 theme, also content(arcitle/file/comment) container might be too bright by default to fit H2 theme once othere elements are in place.

6. Patterned background is a repeated tiny picture. Could be anything. I'd imagine some kind of HoMM2 sea pattern surrounded by same border you use here: i39.servimg.com/u/f39/09/02/91/38/interf13.png. SW Conquest mod has static stars which create simple parallax effect while scrolling. Worth considering.

Main container shadow should be replicated too? H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You! - Page 4 COI8tMy.

I assume that tavern in Summary page stays.

Also: sorry, I thought I'm zooming out and I've downvoted your original post by accident Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You!   H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You! - Page 4 Icon_minitime2018-05-13, 05:57

Hello!

Some time ago, we have started developing the page. I would kindly ask you to surf through the thread and we could continue the discussion there. The last post by GodRage demonstrates the actual state of the page for the present time.

At first, it is interesting to know more about SW Conquest page design - your breakdown was surely interesting to read. Perhaps we can improve the design with the given knowledge: I am still uncertain what can (and should) be done on the upper part of the page and some other sections.

Webmaster
Webmaster
GodRage

Quality Points : 228
Registration Date : 2009-09-21

PostSubject: Re: H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You!   H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You! - Page 4 Icon_minitime2018-05-13, 21:53

Yeah i was working on it, but i kind of don't have ne ideas for top part of the page. H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You! - Page 4 164599763
So you can try to improve, or made a new looking one by yourself.
Then Orzie will be able to pick maybe parts of your and parts of mine? H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You! - Page 4 589285140
Anyway, if you are really interested post here. Wink

Rambo_Ironfist
Peasant
Peasant
Rambo_Ironfist

Registration Date : 2018-05-12

PostSubject: Re: H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You!   H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You! - Page 4 Icon_minitime2018-05-14, 14:38

Lol, did some research on moddb to post, did not check if there's already discussion on this topic, nicely done. Thanks, I'll give it a look.
Back to top Go down
MaXenaeL
Peasant
Peasant
MaXenaeL

Quality Points : 0
Registration Date : 2018-07-13

PostSubject: Re: H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You!   H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You! - Page 4 Icon_minitime2018-07-13, 21:57

Hi there!

This is my first post, and it’s a recruitment point, isn’t it?

So, my abilities, how can I help:

1) Porting to macOS
2) Translation to Russian
3) Gameplay test.

What about me? I have an experience in HOMM map editors from 1 to 5. Transfered my favorite map “Seven Lakes” to HOMM 3-5 It was long ago, so for today I lost versions for 3 and 4. Still have and can share Seven Lakes and Forsaken Lands for HOMM 5. Maps are handmade, that means both editors were opened same time. I work in IT, so I know what is bug test. Also made ports to macOS of HOMM 2, 3, 5 and Chronicles. The only problem with HOMM2 I cann’t find good no-cd for russian gold edition. Another achievement: I gain access to HOMM5 resourses and in ToE assembled All-in-1 “Complete Edition” as Homm3 is with all campains and exclusive offitial content. For translations: I can provide translations of text, I have no idea how to change such deep resourses. So, maybe I’m not completely useless for you? Laughing

PS: Oh, yeah HOMM2 and then HOMM5 are best of all H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You! - Page 4 1596093194
Back to top Go down
robizeratul
Elf
Elf
robizeratul

PostSubject: Re: H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You!   H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You! - Page 4 Icon_minitime2018-07-14, 01:52

Do you have experience making maps or editing the map editor?

I have seen the HOTA map editor and it's quite great. It has a lot of new features (some cosmetic and others functional). WOuld be cool to have something like that for the mod.

Thoughts on this? It is not a priority for the team of course...they are working on basic stuff. just curious about your thoughts.
Back to top Go down
MaXenaeL
Peasant
Peasant
MaXenaeL

Registration Date : 2018-07-13

PostSubject: Re: H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You!   H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You! - Page 4 Icon_minitime2018-07-14, 02:00

robizeratul wrote:
Do you have experience making maps or editing the map editor?

I worked in original Heroes 1-5 map editors. All I really don't know is scripting and I never touched campaign editor - was no need for me.
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You!   H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You! - Page 4 Icon_minitime2018-07-24, 03:10

Hello and welcome to Forums of Enroth! Positive moral

Quote :
So, maybe I’m not completely useless for you?

Apart from all, we definitely have an opportunity to help us with the Map Conversion (see 4). This operation can be done by every user and we will anyway need A LOT of help with that. The whole process is not hard, but it takes a while, so that users burn out quickly. Nevertheless, even a map or two is a huge help to us, so that we will have all 3 map lists for the mod eventually.

Quote :
1) Porting to macOS
2) Translation to Russian
3) Gameplay test.

1. Unfortunately, there is nothing to "port" to MacOS since the modification is a modification, and we do not have any source code. The programming part, aside from instruments written for internal use (like the new font editor, which could have some treatment) is mostly done via reverse engineering, and not coding. So, knowledge of IDA Pro or similar software could be of more use to us.

2. Translation to Russian/Polish is planned for future releases, but for now we do not focus on that because we need to have a stable and good-looking game instead. I of course will make a proper call for arms when the time comes, but this won't be happening this year for sure.

3. Gameplay test is in fact ended: what works, does work, and what shouldn't work, does not do that. For now we are busy preparing the actual release, but we appreciate the intention very much.

Peasant
Peasant
Kentreri24

Registration Date : 2018-08-30

PostSubject: Re: H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You!   H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You! - Page 4 Icon_minitime2018-08-30, 01:36

Hello friends of Enroth!

This is my 1rst post too, and I want to help even I know it's a bit late and the release may be close. Anyway, I have been following the project and I'm really looking foward for it.

I can help on:

1) Audio. Editing or designing new sounds. I saw there are new units and maybe new spells, or any new event that may need sound. Even if you need help mixing some songs (like "Lurking Enemy" the song made by Maciej Wroblemski Andrew Vodyankin). We can even try to traslate it to an orchestral style (opera singer obviusly no Very Happy).

I suppose you already made it, because the release is about to come. But if not, or even for future releases, we can design and create new sounds totally originals or modified from similar creatures.

2) Translating to Spanish. I have the original Heroes 2 Sucession Wars in spanish and I have played a lot. When the moment arrives I can help.

3) About the map conversion, I will search better how can I help. Maybe I could do 1 or 2 maps before getting burned xD.

See ya!
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You!   H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You! - Page 4 Icon_minitime2018-09-01, 05:32

Hello and welcome to Forums of Enroth!

Quote :
1) Audio. Editing or designing new sounds. I saw there are new units and maybe new spells, or any new event that may need sound. Even if you need help mixing some songs (like "Lurking Enemy" the song made by Maciej Wroblemski Andrew Vodyankin). We can even try to traslate it to an orchestral style (opera singer obviusly no Very Happy).
Actually no, we have some certain niches for sounds which could be filled with someone's help. Those include Protection of Fire/Water/Air/Earth spell sounds, some creature sounds (still coming from Heroes 3) and others. Heroes 3 sounds are generally different in style and sometimes even in mood, so we most probably will need some of them for the game to be more authentic.

Quote :
2) Translating to Spanish. I have the original Heroes 2 Sucession Wars in spanish and I have played a lot. When the moment arrives I can help.
While Spanish is not prioritized for our future translations, what you can certainly help is to provide the Heroes2w.exe executable to GodRage since he collects them on Lands of Enroth and will probably be happy to have a Spanish localization of the game texts.

Quote :
3) About the map conversion, I will search better how can I help. Maybe I could do 1 or 2 maps before getting burned xD.
Everyone can help with this, so the more help we can get, the better. Currently it's about larger Heroes 2 maps and all Heroes 3 maps with the least amount of pre-set options.

Peasant
Peasant
MrVsevolod

Registration Date : 2018-09-01

PostSubject: Re: H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You!   H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You! - Page 4 Icon_minitime2018-09-01, 06:47

Orzie wrote:
5. Map Testers
- Playtesting of the converted maps, analyzing the map gameplay, its difference from classic one (just as a note for us), searching for broken objects.
I would like to help with testing, checking every object on the map and sharing my impressions and insights in polite and structured way. Smile
Back to top Go down
majaczek
Gargoyle
Gargoyle
majaczek

Quality Points : 6
Registration Date : 2017-01-14

PostSubject: Re: H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You!   H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You! - Page 4 Icon_minitime2021-02-26, 07:57

I am able to do part of plugin programming, I already do it for ERA and Knightmare Kingdoms mod.
I am successor and maintainer of feanor's Amethyst and Emerald plugins.
I also do some plugins on my own for ERA Smile

GodRage and Sir Albe like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You!   H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You! - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You!
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next