Quest for Might and Magic - a Point&Click Adventure game/movie

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder

Quality Points : 641
Registration Date : 2014-12-12

PostSubject: Quest for Might and Magic - a Point&Click Adventure game/movie   2015-07-29, 06:28

You know, I've been a diehard fan of HoMM2 and Space Quest games at the same time. I still value the adventures of Roger Wilco the most, and I recently came up with an idea of a short movie dedicated to Heroes of Might and Magic in pixel art, illustrating the adventures of some Enrothian characters in a humorous style, mocking on the current generation of HoMM games and a lot of other stuff.

I got inspired by Space Quest interface and general concepts, and also this video by Bowz who decently implemented an idea I was bearing too. So that I would like to make something like this in future.

The only graphics I managed to do for now is the speech animation for Thundax. Still rough, but okay for demonstration. This is the panel for speaking characters.

The main plot was supposed to feature Thundax the Barbarian and Carlawn the Sorceress (due to their similarity with Heroes 2 classes) and their various dialogs where  they encounter various things and comment on them.

The heroes are planned to be based on their class mini-versions with somewhat high-res versions reworked into full-height figures with animation.

Who knows, perhaps when I'll be more free, I will try to bring this to life. Yet, I realize that there is a real lot of work to handle alone.

Dr Slash
Nomad
Nomad

Quality Points : 103
Registration Date : 2015-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Quest for Might and Magic - a Point&Click Adventure game/movie   2015-08-30, 00:09

Aetherrevival wrote:
Or, a first person dungeon RPG(I don't know what the genre is called) where you have to travel through a maze and fight along the way. I think there were a handful if DOS games like that, I can't really remember what some of them were called.
Might & Magic 1-5? Smile

http://www.infamous-quests.com/home/games/quest-for-infamy
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder

Quality Points : 641
Registration Date : 2014-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Quest for Might and Magic - a Point&Click Adventure game/movie   2015-09-01, 07:08

If you like Heroes 3, you should start with MM7. Otherwise, it's MM6 which is set in Enroth continent and complements to its story after the SW.

Older parts (MM1-5) are harder to get used to, but in MM3-5 you'll be able to see a lot of familiar names and faces.

Quest for Might and Magic - a Point&Click Adventure game/movie
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1