~ Forums of Enroth ~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~ Forums of Enroth ~

An Enroth diehard fan community

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Pixel Painting: GodRage
A few simple suggestions for 0.8.2 Icon_minitimeby GodRage Today at 01:25

» Songs of Conquest
A few simple suggestions for 0.8.2 Icon_minitimeby GodRage Yesterday at 20:33

» Minecraft: HoMMII Resource pack!
A few simple suggestions for 0.8.2 Icon_minitimeby GodRage Yesterday at 20:11

» Lava Theme MIDI
A few simple suggestions for 0.8.2 Icon_minitimeby GodRage Yesterday at 19:08

» They talked about fheroes2!
A few simple suggestions for 0.8.2 Icon_minitimeby sirDranik 2020-10-21, 18:58

» MAP CONVERTER
A few simple suggestions for 0.8.2 Icon_minitimeby Unknown_Hero 2020-10-19, 05:22

» H3SW General Discussion
A few simple suggestions for 0.8.2 Icon_minitimeby daedelus 2020-10-18, 04:33

Poll
Global announcements should be:
Everlasting, 1 for each project.
A few simple suggestions for 0.8.2 Redbar110%A few simple suggestions for 0.8.2 Redbar12
 0% [ 0 ]
Temporary, when there is something new to announce.
A few simple suggestions for 0.8.2 Redbar11100%A few simple suggestions for 0.8.2 Redbar12
 100% [ 6 ]
Holalala... No idea where the Ultimate artifact is.
A few simple suggestions for 0.8.2 Redbar110%A few simple suggestions for 0.8.2 Redbar12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6
Most Viewed Topics
H3SW: General Graphics discussion
Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW
H3SW General Discussion
H3SW Map List: Work in progress
H3SW: Dwelling Development
Heroes III: The Succession Wars v0.8.1 Beta
Heroes of Might and Magic 3: The Succession Wars - General info & Announcements
Introduce yourself
Project Ironfist announcements
Welcome fellow Enrothians!

A few simple suggestions for 0.8.2

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sibernethy
Gargoyle
Gargoyle
Sibernethy

Quality Points : 9
Registration Date : 2017-01-08

A few simple suggestions for 0.8.2 Empty
PostSubject: A few simple suggestions for 0.8.2   A few simple suggestions for 0.8.2 Icon_minitime2020-09-22, 11:01

So far, I love the Succession Wars mod! I play it regularly and I make Youtube and Twitch content based off of it. I have a few suggestions that should be easy to implement for 0.8.2, and here they are:

1: Increase the number of Anubites generated per week in the Dervish castle. They're level 6 creatures and yet they are produced in exactly the same number as the Genies.

2: External dwellings should accumulate creatures. The maps I made for the Succession Wars mod in the past were influenced by the lack of this feature. It also makes it more convenient to recruit creatures from the map, not having to visit the same dwellings every week in order to not miss out on any troops.

3: Fix the necromancer town crash. If you've already done this during development of the upcoming version, disregard my comment. But my game crashes half the time I visit a necromancer town or castle. Even clicking on them causes the game to crash about 20% of the time.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
https://www.patreon.com/SibernethyProductions
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

Quality Points : 816
Registration Date : 2014-12-12

PostSubject: Re: A few simple suggestions for 0.8.2   A few simple suggestions for 0.8.2 Icon_minitime2020-10-04, 20:58

Hello! I guess, that should count more as "wishlist" rather than suggestions, because all of these features are planned. Smile

The Necromancer bug is caused by a memory leak from broken building masks of the townscreen. After a certain moment, hovering the mouse over some of the buildings causes the game to accumulate problems, and then a wide variety of actions will force the user to restart the game.

The only thing I can comment on extensively is the number of Anubites. You see, by the original design it was convenient to provide a very asymmetrical gameplay so that the castles feel very different. It is much harder to balance (and frankly, I doubt it is possible since everyone remembers StarCraft), but it is one of the features that made Heroes 2 so unique in the series. Lore-wise, Anubites are more than equal to Genies, too. It is a minor detail which usually doesn't force anything in Heroes 2 since it was originally created without complex lore, but it is still desirable to keep things that way.

What can be done in future to make Anubites more valuable is fiddling with their statistics.

Gargoyle
Gargoyle
Sibernethy

Quality Points : 9
Registration Date : 2017-01-08

PostSubject: Re: A few simple suggestions for 0.8.2   A few simple suggestions for 0.8.2 Icon_minitime2020-10-07, 01:43

@Orzie wrote:
Hello! I guess, that should count more as "wishlist" rather than suggestions, because all of these features are planned. Smile

The Necromancer bug is caused by a memory leak from broken building masks of the townscreen. After a certain moment, hovering the mouse over some of the buildings causes the game to accumulate problems, and then a wide variety of actions will force the user to restart the game.

The only thing I can comment on extensively is the number of Anubites. You see, by the original design it was convenient to provide a very asymmetrical gameplay so that the castles feel very different. It is much harder to balance (and frankly, I doubt it is possible since everyone remembers StarCraft), but it is one of the features that made Heroes 2 so unique in the series. Lore-wise, Anubites are more than equal to Genies, too. It is a minor detail which usually doesn't force anything in Heroes 2 since it was originally created without complex lore, but it is still desirable to keep things that way.

What can be done in future to make Anubites more valuable is fiddling with their statistics.

Oh, sweet! Great to hear. I've also had issues with obelisks that sometimes cause the game to crash. I wonder if they're related to the Necromancer bug.

GodRage likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.patreon.com/SibernethyProductions
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A few simple suggestions for 0.8.2   A few simple suggestions for 0.8.2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A few simple suggestions for 0.8.2
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
~ Forums of Enroth ~ :: Modding Guild :: Heroes of Might and Magic III: The Succession Wars-
Jump to: