~ Forums of Enroth ~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~ Forums of Enroth ~

The Enroth diehard fan community

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» [H3SW 0.8.2] Spicy Delivery
couple questions and suggestions Icon_minitimeby DanilaRud015 2024-07-25, 23:37

» ...to XP run...
couple questions and suggestions Icon_minitimeby Darmani 2024-07-18, 21:34

» fheroes2 General Announcements
couple questions and suggestions Icon_minitimeby sirDranik 2024-07-15, 00:28

» Silence of the Siren (HoMM like scifi game)
couple questions and suggestions Icon_minitimeby Sir Albe 2024-07-13, 08:09

» Songs of Silence (HoMM like game)
couple questions and suggestions Icon_minitimeby Blake01 2024-07-07, 21:12

» Lego Heroes of Might & Magic
couple questions and suggestions Icon_minitimeby Blake01 2024-07-07, 21:00

» 5Kings1Ring
couple questions and suggestions Icon_minitimeby GodRage 2024-07-01, 10:33

Poll
Global announcements should be:
Everlasting, 1 for each project.
couple questions and suggestions Redbar110%couple questions and suggestions Redbar12
 0% [ 0 ]
Temporary, when there is something new to announce.
couple questions and suggestions Redbar11100%couple questions and suggestions Redbar12
 100% [ 6 ]
Holalala... No idea where the Ultimate artifact is.
couple questions and suggestions Redbar110%couple questions and suggestions Redbar12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6
Most Viewed Topics
H3SW: General Graphics discussion
Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW
Introduce yourself
H3SW General Discussion
H3SW Map List: Work in progress
H3SW: Dwelling Development
Forum Admins Feed
The Floody Land
Enrothian Fan Art
Heroes III: The Succession Wars v0.8.2 Beta

couple questions and suggestions

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
YhyJasne
Nomad
Nomad
YhyJasne

Quality Points : 34
Registration Date : 2016-01-21

couple questions and suggestions Empty
PostSubject: couple questions and suggestions   couple questions and suggestions Icon_minitime2019-08-23, 07:58

As there is too much to read on forums and I couldn't just find topics that interest me I will ask here:
- plans on 0.9:
1. how much the economy system is gonna change? because growth rates are enormous and castle and citadel could be changed by adding custom number to growth to every unit. City hall costs 3 buildings (total 3250 + 2500 on own) to give +500 each day there are many possibilities
2. building costs - are they gonna be fixed?
3. Is vyvern dwelling gonna cost sulfur?
As a mapmaker I found out there are some thing not good:
4. unfixed obstacles (i can make post about it, several things should be same as in h2 but i need to check if im correct).
5. are you planning on adding more underground obstacles, if yes, is desert the default underground terrain?
6. what is currently inside creature banks? what reward and guardians?
7. (important) is there and option for obstacle tool (in editor) to get obstacles from certain object pool? if you could do manually that would make possible making big maps
8. what is the difference between swamp in swamp objects and in dwellings?

Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

Quality Points : 843
Registration Date : 2014-12-12

PostSubject: Re: couple questions and suggestions   couple questions and suggestions Icon_minitime2019-08-25, 18:53

1) In typical HoMM3 effective gameplay, no one builds Capitol on the first week. In future, I guess, it would be nice to have this system be more dynamic, so that players could really choose what to do, but with the current RMG templates including default the gameplay is just forced to be built around collecting gold from chests.

I also feel uncomfortable about large growths, but this is because I am no competitive player, while in competitive Heroes 3 the game goes much faster and no one waits until Month 4. On HoMM3 Jebus Cross the game lasts for 2-3 weeks of in-game time. This allows people to do matches in a palpable amount of time, like 1,5 or 2 hours instead of sitting at the computer for the whole day.

In future, I will consider reduced growths, but this action must be accompanied with other radical changes in RMG templates and game mechanics in order to provide a balanced and faster gameplay for the cases that require it. We have some ideas on how this should work, but this will require a great deal of programming input.

2) Like every number in the game, it might be changed in future to satisfy the new gameplay rules. To clarify the current situation: the game currently has no rules. It was only made closer to Heroes 2 comfortable play, but the actual gameplay development is ahead.

3) If I recall correctly, it should cost crystals. If it doesn't, this will be changed and should be reported as a bug in the dedicated section.

4) Every kind of these notes/observations should also go there. We will sort them out. A few objects do not have their functionality like in Heroes 2 for various reasons, from low priority in development to intentional change.

5) Indeed we do. The underground landscape is in development. You didn't think that we are going to leave palm trees underground, do you? :)
Yes, Sand is going to be the underground terrain on random maps. We are going to make Sand only generated underground to differentiate stuff. On custom user maps, there will still be a great deal of coastal objects for different map compositions, of course.

6) If they don't work for you, you can put this file to the directory:
(your Heroes 3 game)\Mods\The Succession Wars 0.8.1

7) Currently, the tool is functioning improperly. For the next release, I will try to find opportunities to fix the tool.

8) This question is unclear.

Nomad
Nomad
YhyJasne

PostSubject: Re: couple questions and suggestions   couple questions and suggestions Icon_minitime2019-08-28, 08:57

Orzie wrote:
3) If I recall correctly, it should cost crystals.
I was sure it should cost sulfur as there are cyclops and paladins who cost that and there is only warlock who benefits from sulfur but it might be another than mine interpretation

Orzie wrote:
4) Every kind of these notes/observations should also go there.
what i mean is this:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/oe10eb68jx5ijy5/Zrzut%20ekranu%202019-08-27%2022.42.51.png?dl=0
from what i saw in original H2 (i tried to check but my editor doesnt work) the mines should look like the vulcano sulfur mine I showed on screen (5 squares) but everything is either 3 squares that are red or yellow or 4 weirdly.

YhyJasne wrote:
6. what is currently inside creature banks? what reward and guardians?
i just wanted the info, but I already checked file for that. In the future something like mini-wikia would be really good source

Orzie wrote:
7) Currently, the tool is functioning improperly. For the next release, I will try to find opportunities to fix the tool.
I was thinking of it as having a 'pool' of objects that it can spawn on a certain area, so i wouldn't include jungle trees,which are in grass objects too if you want to paint grass. but i know it's just really much more work to make a custom L map without it.

YhyJasne wrote:
8. what is the difference between swamp in swamp objects and in dwellings?
this and this:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ax6kjqpobzfof17/Zrzut%20ekranu%202019-08-27%2022.49.15.png?dl=0 well, i could check it by just walking a hero into it but thought that might be quicker to ask

and also": I made a custom 4 player map I will share it soon here. It's called "splendour" hope someone to test it. i've already played it PvP with someone.
Back to top Go down
YhyJasne
Nomad
Nomad
YhyJasne

PostSubject: Re: couple questions and suggestions   couple questions and suggestions Icon_minitime2019-08-28, 09:03

what i mean the objects should look like this imo
https://www.dropbox.com/s/m8st9nxsqgnsft7/Zrzut%20ekranu%202019-08-27%2023.01.50.png?dl=0
Back to top Go down
Sir Albe
Mage
Mage
Sir Albe

Quality Points : 456
Registration Date : 2015-07-16

PostSubject: Re: couple questions and suggestions   couple questions and suggestions Icon_minitime2019-08-29, 07:49

All the mines and the rock formations have the correct passability, but the trees seems to be a wrong double of already existing swamp trees. We will look into that.

H2 Passability:

The swamp specific version of the "Swamp" dwelling (Hydras) is just a terrain specific version of the standard Hydra dwelling, it works the exact same way Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: couple questions and suggestions   couple questions and suggestions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

couple questions and suggestions
Page 1 of 1