1) In typical HoMM3 effective gameplay, no one builds Capitol on the first week. In future, I guess, it would be nice to have this system be more dynamic, so that players could really choose what to do, but with the current RMG templates including default the gameplay is just forced to be built around collecting gold from chests.
I also feel uncomfortable about large growths, but this is because I am no competitive player, while in competitive Heroes 3 the game goes much faster and no one waits until Month 4. On HoMM3 Jebus Cross the game lasts for 2-3 weeks of in-game time. This allows people to do matches in a palpable amount of time, like 1,5 or 2 hours instead of sitting at the computer for the whole day.
In future, I will consider reduced growths, but this action must be accompanied with other radical changes in RMG templates and game mechanics in order to provide a balanced and faster gameplay for the cases that require it. We have some ideas on how this should work, but this will require a great deal of programming input.
2) Like every number in the game, it might be changed in future to satisfy the new gameplay rules. To clarify the current situation: the game currently has no rules
. It was only made closer to Heroes 2 comfortable play, but the actual gameplay development is ahead.
3) If I recall correctly, it should cost crystals. If it doesn't, this will be changed and should be reported as a bug in the dedicated section
4) Every kind of these notes/observations should also go there
. We will sort them out. A few objects do not have their functionality like in Heroes 2 for various reasons, from low priority in development to intentional change.
5) Indeed we do. The underground landscape is in development. You didn't think that we are going to leave palm trees underground, do you? :)
Yes, Sand is going to be the underground terrain on random maps. We are going to make Sand only generated underground to differentiate stuff. On custom user maps, there will still be a great deal of coastal objects for different map compositions, of course.
6) If they don't work for you, you can put this file to the directory:(your Heroes 3 game)\Mods\The Succession Wars 0.8.1
7) Currently, the tool is functioning improperly. For the next release, I will try to find opportunities to fix the tool.
8) This question is unclear.