~ Forums of Enroth ~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~ Forums of Enroth ~

The Enroth diehard fan community

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Songs of Silence (HoMM like game)
Get the resources when vanquishing an enemy Icon_minitimeby Blake01 2024-03-27, 16:52

» Heroes Orchestra's 5th Birthday concerts with Paul Romero
Get the resources when vanquishing an enemy Icon_minitimeby rrravyn 2024-03-23, 22:45

» WARNING - The dreaded moment is here: Heroes 6 servers shutting down
Get the resources when vanquishing an enemy Icon_minitimeby Sir Albe 2024-03-22, 07:15

» fheroes2 General Announcements
Get the resources when vanquishing an enemy Icon_minitimeby sirDranik 2024-03-17, 23:35

» Photo Gallery
Get the resources when vanquishing an enemy Icon_minitimeby Sir Albe 2024-03-07, 06:57

» Polskie powitanie
Get the resources when vanquishing an enemy Icon_minitimeby rrravyn 2024-03-05, 04:02

» Heroes II localisation: how to make no-CD patch.
Get the resources when vanquishing an enemy Icon_minitimeby kiku 2024-02-19, 02:43

Poll
Global announcements should be:
Everlasting, 1 for each project.
Get the resources when vanquishing an enemy Redbar110%Get the resources when vanquishing an enemy Redbar12
 0% [ 0 ]
Temporary, when there is something new to announce.
Get the resources when vanquishing an enemy Redbar11100%Get the resources when vanquishing an enemy Redbar12
 100% [ 6 ]
Holalala... No idea where the Ultimate artifact is.
Get the resources when vanquishing an enemy Redbar110%Get the resources when vanquishing an enemy Redbar12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6
Most Viewed Topics
H3SW: General Graphics discussion
Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW
Introduce yourself
H3SW General Discussion
H3SW Map List: Work in progress
H3SW: Dwelling Development
Forum Admins Feed
The Floody Land
Enrothian Fan Art
Heroes III: The Succession Wars v0.8.1 Beta

Get the resources when vanquishing an enemy

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
GodRage
Webmaster
Webmaster
GodRage

Quality Points : 228
Registration Date : 2009-09-21

Get the resources when vanquishing an enemy Empty
PostSubject: Get the resources when vanquishing an enemy   Get the resources when vanquishing an enemy Icon_minitime2020-08-14, 12:15

Hi,

There is something I always wanted in Heroes 2, it's that when you eliminate a player from the game, you get all his unused resources.
It would sure change a little the gameplay if there is 3+ players, but I think that would give more fun and more strategy to the game.

What do you think? King

(Maybe I should have post in beyond 1.0?... confused )

Unknown_Hero
Mage
Mage
Unknown_Hero

Quality Points : 78
Registration Date : 2015-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Get the resources when vanquishing an enemy   Get the resources when vanquishing an enemy Icon_minitime2020-08-14, 20:30

@GodRage

It might be too big of an advantage for the human player, but if it's optional why not, especially for new players who will have to face an improved AI. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
GodRage
Webmaster
Webmaster
GodRage

PostSubject: Re: Get the resources when vanquishing an enemy   Get the resources when vanquishing an enemy Icon_minitime2020-08-15, 08:48

The % of resources gained could depend on the difficulty level? Maybe 100% at highest difficulty and 0% (as now) for all others difficulties? (the AI can vanquish some others AI... Get the resources when vanquishing an enemy 164599763 )
Anyway, if it's something, then the AI could have it in mind, such as an human player. Get the resources when vanquishing an enemy 1617807164

When a hero with an army made from only 1 lonely monster grab your resources on your territory just before you kill it, how do you feel? Mad
I sometimes would even like that the hero/army carry the resources he grabs, and need to get closer to its kingdom to give the resources to his kingdom. But this would need to add some sort of "kingdom borders' or so... That would be quite a lot of changes Get the resources when vanquishing an enemy 3293758093

Maybe losing an hero to an enemy could give this enemy a little amount of your resources?

Unknown_Hero
Mage
Mage
Unknown_Hero

Quality Points : 78
Registration Date : 2015-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Get the resources when vanquishing an enemy   Get the resources when vanquishing an enemy Icon_minitime2020-08-15, 09:52

@GodRage

You always have crooked ideas. lol!
Sorry, I couldn't resist. Razz

Please, do not add micromanagement to Heroes 2. Get the resources when vanquishing an enemy 492241716

The heroes collects resources, they are immediately available, no need to wait 10 turns to use them.
The player builds a building in his castle using the resources collected, the building is immediately available, no need to wait 10 turns.
And there are troops immediately available in the built creature generators, no need to wait 10 turns.

Everything is simple and clear.
The design of the game is simply brilliantly thought out. king <3  ... &lt;3 Positive moral Positive moral Positive moral

No need for frills or complications, simplicity is what makes the game so appealing. Very Happy

GodRage and Mefista like this post

Back to top Go down
sirDranik
Nomad
Nomad
sirDranik

Quality Points : 26
Registration Date : 2020-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Get the resources when vanquishing an enemy   Get the resources when vanquishing an enemy Icon_minitime2020-08-15, 19:43

Also, what happened, if enemy disappears in 7 days without a city?
In my opinion, this idea brings too much random into the game.
1 prayer would benefit from defeating enemy. But another player can get 0...
To my mind the fact, that player captured city with income and creatures inside is reasonable advantage of defeating enemy.
Too complicated enhancement.

GodRage likes this post

Back to top Go down
GodRage
Webmaster
Webmaster
GodRage

PostSubject: Re: Get the resources when vanquishing an enemy   Get the resources when vanquishing an enemy Icon_minitime2020-08-17, 18:28

I understand your points of view. I totally agree with "no micro management". Get the resources when vanquishing an enemy 2551314513
Sorry for the crooked idea Get the resources when vanquishing an enemy 3822145216

I still think something could be done on vanquishing an enemy camp. Get the resources when vanquishing an enemy 3293758093
But right now, I don't have any new idea. Get the resources when vanquishing an enemy 4115290335

sirDranik wrote:
Also, what happened, if enemy disappears in 7 days without a city?
Nobody get his ressources. Smile

sirDranik
Nomad
Nomad
sirDranik

Quality Points : 26
Registration Date : 2020-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Get the resources when vanquishing an enemy   Get the resources when vanquishing an enemy Icon_minitime2020-08-17, 20:01

GodRage wrote:
Sorry for the crooked idea Post a reply 3822145216
Please, don't suppress your idea-generator.) We are here to make the game better and more comfortable to people.)
In such discussions of ideas a flawless game is about to be born!

GodRage likes this post

Back to top Go down
Darmani
Master Modder
Master Modder
Darmani

Quality Points : 47
Registration Date : 2014-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Get the resources when vanquishing an enemy   Get the resources when vanquishing an enemy Icon_minitime2020-08-18, 12:39

I do want to point out that defeating a player is already a huge advantage. Typically, the game gets vastly easier once you defeat your first enemy player.

This is why "Pyramid" is one of my favorite maps. Each enemy is twice as powerful as the previous, so it remains challenging deep into the game.
Back to top Go down
GodRage
Webmaster
Webmaster
GodRage

PostSubject: Re: Get the resources when vanquishing an enemy   Get the resources when vanquishing an enemy Icon_minitime2020-08-18, 13:01

Thanks Darmani Smile
I agree that it's not for every map. Get the resources when vanquishing an enemy 2551314513

I would like to point out that there is maps where it's an huge disadvantage to kill the enemy; small map 1v1v1 where each camp has the same power. The 2 players that makes their big fight will lose.Get the resources when vanquishing an enemy 164599763
(I feel like it would be worse in multiplayer, but I don't play multiplayer with H2)

So, maybe the "on vanquishing" things could be just a trigger in the map, that the mapmaker can use to prevent the "waiting that others makes the first move is the best strategy"?
Or do you consider that "waiting that enemies destroy each others" is a strategy? Get the resources when vanquishing an enemy 3293758093

I remember there is a small 6 players map FFA, where fighting first was quite troublesome. Get the resources when vanquishing an enemy 589285140

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Get the resources when vanquishing an enemy   Get the resources when vanquishing an enemy Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Get the resources when vanquishing an enemy
Page 1 of 1