~ Forums of Enroth ~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~ Forums of Enroth ~

The Enroth diehard fan community

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Master of Magic 30th Anniversary - Communities, Mods, Remakes, Similar Games & More!
Concerning Balance in H3SW - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Blake01 2024-09-08, 21:52

» [H3SW v0.8.2] Badlands
Concerning Balance in H3SW - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Sir Albe 2024-09-02, 01:43

» Concerning Balance in H3SW
Concerning Balance in H3SW - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby mORISman 2024-08-30, 01:44

» H3SW General Discussion
Concerning Balance in H3SW - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby mORISman 2024-08-27, 07:22

» New Heroes of Might and Magic!
Concerning Balance in H3SW - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Sir Albe 2024-08-26, 06:39

» 0.8.2 FOG OF WAR BUG
Concerning Balance in H3SW - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Sir Albe 2024-08-21, 05:29

» [H3SW 0.8.2] Barbarian Challenge
Concerning Balance in H3SW - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Sir Albe 2024-08-11, 08:46

Poll
Global announcements should be:
Everlasting, 1 for each project.
Concerning Balance in H3SW - Page 2 Redbar110%Concerning Balance in H3SW - Page 2 Redbar12
 0% [ 0 ]
Temporary, when there is something new to announce.
Concerning Balance in H3SW - Page 2 Redbar11100%Concerning Balance in H3SW - Page 2 Redbar12
 100% [ 6 ]
Holalala... No idea where the Ultimate artifact is.
Concerning Balance in H3SW - Page 2 Redbar110%Concerning Balance in H3SW - Page 2 Redbar12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6
Most Viewed Topics
H3SW: General Graphics discussion
Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW
Introduce yourself
H3SW General Discussion
H3SW Map List: Work in progress
H3SW: Dwelling Development
Forum Admins Feed
The Floody Land
Enrothian Fan Art
Heroes III: The Succession Wars v0.8.2 Beta

Concerning Balance in H3SW

Go down 
+3
Orzie
Sir Albe
Ctesiphon
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
mORISman
Gargoyle
Gargoyle
mORISman

Quality Points : 0
Registration Date : 2020-10-14

Concerning Balance in H3SW - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Concerning Balance in H3SW   Concerning Balance in H3SW - Page 2 Icon_minitime2024-08-27, 08:10

Orzie wrote:
Thank you for your kind words about the project!

mORISman wrote:
I think the Heroes II balance/mechanic was perfect. We love Heroes II for this reason, so I Think The SWM, should take all the Homm II resource as they are.

However, this is where our paths diverge. We do not think Heroes 2 balance and mechanics were perfect, and thus I don't see a ground for any kind of discussion. We are thinking in different paradigms and will never understand each other.

Moreover, v0.8.2 H3SW does not in any way feature the balance we'd like to have. Technical difficulties and lack of time did not allow us to implement the real features we needed for the game; I hope things are finally changing starting from the next release.

Quote :
If you see the stats titans and pesants, i think in one shots, pesants will be perish all.

The Peasants are small creatures swarming under the feet of Titans. Things which are small are harder to hit. There are as many explanations as you want.
But the real reason, of course is that 1HP Peasants are a meme of itself, completely useless (contrary to Heroes 1).

Sir albe and Orzie this is a reply for both (I'm not so good with topics multi quote exct) :

PREMISE

H3SW mod is your creature with your hard work, and there is no doubt about this.
So I dont want to say that it has to be done in a certain way. I respect very much you and your Ideas. Especially since you have brought back a love of play for which I only say: THANK YOU!

I know only homm2, I plaied when I was young and sometimes in my life during the years, until the present. Mechanic, sensation, remeber when I was young, I love it in all. I cant explain you my sensation about this.
I dont know other game of homm saga. Only homm2
I understand very little about programming, and I
understand that your greatest battle is precisely this: programming.
So every my question is not a controversy, But only simply questions without ulterior motives.

Things that for you are clearly, for me they are not.
I would like to have you close to understand many things about the mechanics, about the game in general, but it is not possibile. I will try to learn spell: teleport Concerning Balance in H3SW - Page 2 589285140 but in this moment I am in real life to faction of "worker" the worst faction of the world, and I'm in first level without mana!! Concerning Balance in H3SW - Page 2 589285140 Concerning Balance in H3SW - Page 2 589285140

Orzie I understood that hero and creature stats are not the only parameters to quantify a damage. In your example there are also other parameters you set in mechanic of this mod, like, for example, the difficult to hit the pesants by a titan, is it correct? Did I understand correctly?

If so, my doubt I explained in my previous post, had an answer.

MY OPINION

As inconsequential as they were, I also loved the gameplay mechanics of homm2.

An informative question for me:

Is it difficult to bring the settings of homm 2 in your mod, creating two version of your mod?
Thank u

Sir Albe likes this post

Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

Quality Points : 843
Registration Date : 2014-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Concerning Balance in H3SW   Concerning Balance in H3SW - Page 2 Icon_minitime2024-08-28, 00:18

Quote :
Mechanic, sensation, remeber when I was young, I love it in all. I cant explain you my sensation about this.
This is called "nostalgia", a feeling to something you experienced long ago, tinted with positive reminiscence. This is unique for every content consumer, and not universal towards any kind of product.

Quote :
Orzie I understood that hero and creature stats are not the only parameters to quantify a damage. In your example there are also other parameters you set in mechanic of this mod, like, for example, the difficult to hit the pesants by a titan, is it correct? Did I understand correctly?
No. The Peasant does not have 1 hit point health in H3SW. It has 3 HP now. This is why peasants do not die as fast as they did in Heroes 2, being a completely useless asset. In H3SW, they are much more useful, akin to their Heroes 1 counterpart, where their statistics also made more sense in the context on Heroes 1.

Heroes 2 peasants are a designer's mistake, transferred intact from another game (Heroes 1) without any clear vision of how they would fit to the changed environment of the sequel. Their concept of "having all statistics by the value of 1" does not work in H2 as a result.

Quote :
As inconsequential as they were, I also loved the gameplay mechanics of homm2.
We understand that. However, H3SW is not inheriting most of the gameplay mechanics of homm2, and nothing can be done to change that.

Quote :
Is it difficult to bring the settings of homm 2 in your mod, creating two version of your mod?
You can try changing the numbers, but the game will not feel like Heroes 2 anyway.
H3SW is built different on many levels. We recommend reverting to Heroes 2 experience if that brings you joy. There is no other way.

From our side, any changes we make in the next release of H3SW will not follow the premise of Heroes 2 gameplay being superior to the present one. Instead, these changes will further accommodate our vision of faction balance and general feel of the game.

We do not try to conserve Heroes 2 (because it is impossible), we are extending it and making it a more proper game.

Sir Albe and DanilaRud015 like this post

Back to top Go down
mORISman
Gargoyle
Gargoyle
mORISman

Quality Points : 0
Registration Date : 2020-10-14

PostSubject: Re: Concerning Balance in H3SW   Concerning Balance in H3SW - Page 2 Icon_minitime2024-08-30, 01:44

Yes it called nostalgia it's true!

Ok you are clear in all my doubts.
Now I understand your project, and the motivation because there is no basis to be able to clarify between those people to would homm2 "vanilla" in h3swm.

You have spoken me too, that isn't possible to set homm2 mechanics perfectly in homm3swm.
If I would homm2 mechanics with some modification, I will try the homm2 ironfist or free heroes.
Mechanics aside, homm3 swm, has wonderful contents, mages, functions and for this mtivation, is the greatest homm2 project.

Good work!

Sir Albe likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Concerning Balance in H3SW   Concerning Balance in H3SW - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Concerning Balance in H3SW
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2