~ Forums of Enroth ~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~ Forums of Enroth ~

The Enroth diehard fan community

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Master of Magic 30th Anniversary - Communities, Mods, Remakes, Similar Games & More!
New Heroes of Might and Magic! Icon_minitimeby Blake01 2024-09-08, 21:52

» [H3SW v0.8.2] Badlands
New Heroes of Might and Magic! Icon_minitimeby Sir Albe 2024-09-02, 01:43

» Concerning Balance in H3SW
New Heroes of Might and Magic! Icon_minitimeby mORISman 2024-08-30, 01:44

» H3SW General Discussion
New Heroes of Might and Magic! Icon_minitimeby mORISman 2024-08-27, 07:22

» New Heroes of Might and Magic!
New Heroes of Might and Magic! Icon_minitimeby Sir Albe 2024-08-26, 06:39

» 0.8.2 FOG OF WAR BUG
New Heroes of Might and Magic! Icon_minitimeby Sir Albe 2024-08-21, 05:29

» [H3SW 0.8.2] Barbarian Challenge
New Heroes of Might and Magic! Icon_minitimeby Sir Albe 2024-08-11, 08:46

Poll
Global announcements should be:
Everlasting, 1 for each project.
New Heroes of Might and Magic! Redbar110%New Heroes of Might and Magic! Redbar12
 0% [ 0 ]
Temporary, when there is something new to announce.
New Heroes of Might and Magic! Redbar11100%New Heroes of Might and Magic! Redbar12
 100% [ 6 ]
Holalala... No idea where the Ultimate artifact is.
New Heroes of Might and Magic! Redbar110%New Heroes of Might and Magic! Redbar12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6
Most Viewed Topics
H3SW: General Graphics discussion
Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW
Introduce yourself
H3SW General Discussion
H3SW Map List: Work in progress
H3SW: Dwelling Development
Forum Admins Feed
The Floody Land
Enrothian Fan Art
Heroes III: The Succession Wars v0.8.2 Beta

New Heroes of Might and Magic!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
rrravyn
Nomad
Nomad
rrravyn

Quality Points : 42
Registration Date : 2015-07-30

New Heroes of Might and Magic! Empty
PostSubject: New Heroes of Might and Magic!   New Heroes of Might and Magic! Icon_minitime2024-08-23, 18:58

https://store.steampowered.com/app/3105440/Heroes_of_Might__Magic_Olden_Era/

It's in Enroth, my dears!

GodRage, Sir Albe, dodge and Blake01 like this post

Back to top Go down
Blake01
Elf
Elf
Blake01

Quality Points : 32
Registration Date : 2019-06-09

PostSubject: Re: New Heroes of Might and Magic!   New Heroes of Might and Magic! Icon_minitime2024-08-24, 02:19

Yup looks like this is not their usual mobile pay to win shovelware and surprisingly even uses the original HoMM title instead of their usual Ubi style 'Might & Magic: Heroes' name system.

It's probably kinda low budget so they haven't dared put an 8 on the end of the game title and are making it a spin off however it does actually look pretty good. Naturally it's heavily styled off HoMM3 which is kind of the 'HoMM template' these days and interestingly it's apparently set on Enroth as a prequel before HoMM1.

I thought the town screens were simple frozen artworks again however judging by the video they're using a Songs of Conquest and Silence of the Siren like 2D within a 3D plane diorama kind of trick to give it more life so while in the screenshots they look pretty simple they don't look too bad in the video trailer with a moving camera. I could be wrong and they may actually even be full 3D towns, it's kinda hard to tell, if full 3D then that's kind of funny considering the excuses made for HoMM6&7 that 3D town screens are too expensive lol.

Announcement:
https://news.ubisoft.com/en-us/article/62HpoWQkAIVogVkoVk8JuJ/heroes-of-might-and-magic-olden-era-unveiled-at-gamescom

Trailer:

Screenshots:
New Heroes of Might and Magic! 531310-8757bfc58abbe591e647e8ccb8fea555 New Heroes of Might and Magic! 531312-ff4318e8be277ecf8cf7113fc7e0c566
New Heroes of Might and Magic! 531313-41552d2af22392d1eca8111b668ec71e New Heroes of Might and Magic! 531311-75878c8475bb1d35497538105308628c

Sir Albe and rrravyn like this post

Back to top Go down
https://blakessanctum.x10.mx/Games/HOMMSeries/
Blake01
Elf
Elf
Blake01

PostSubject: Re: New Heroes of Might and Magic!   New Heroes of Might and Magic! Icon_minitime2024-08-24, 02:21

oooooh nope.. judging by this animation the town screens are indeed full 3D.. I think I can even see people walking around in the Knight one! The classic old man HoMM1 fan in me that always complains about lifeless town screens in nearly all the sequels is pleased lol.

New Heroes of Might and Magic! City_anim2

Sir Albe and rrravyn like this post

Back to top Go down
Blake01
Elf
Elf
Blake01

PostSubject: Re: New Heroes of Might and Magic!   New Heroes of Might and Magic! Icon_minitime2024-08-25, 05:31

A German PC Games channel has also posted a video with lots of gameplay footage (turn on youtube subtitles for translation). Judging by the footage in this I think my original thought about them using a Songs of Conquest and Silence of the Siren like 2D within a 3D plane diorama/parallax kind of trick for the town screens was correct after all.. they just did a damn good job of it so when the camera moves around like that it can really trick you into thinking it's full 3D lol!

Sir Albe, rrravyn and DanilaRud015 like this post

Back to top Go down
Sir Albe
Mage
Mage
Sir Albe

Quality Points : 457
Registration Date : 2015-07-16

PostSubject: Re: New Heroes of Might and Magic!   New Heroes of Might and Magic! Icon_minitime2024-08-26, 06:39

This was a surprise for me to see Ubisoft announcing a new HoMM after the last eight years of complete silence on the HoMM front and only cash grab mobile spin-offs. I am pretty sure the HoMM III Board game's incredible success is behind the motivation for them to make a new HoMM and also explains they heavy empahsis on HoMM III styled game-play (hex battlefield, the classic resources, classic adventure map structures), and that they chose Jadame for the setting. I am glad to see a return to a much more classic, old-school HoMM style of game both in gameplay and setting. However, I am sceptical untill I have given it a try, but I am also seeing a lot of good decisions.

Yeah, I think they used a "pop-up book" effect to make the town screens seems 3D. It is interesting and I am excited to see more of how it looks. I am a bit conflicted on the art style. On one hand it first appeared a bit cheap and mobile-game like, but on the other hand it seems to be heavily inspired by the first three games cartoonish look.

Also, I am putting my bet on the sixth faction to be snowy Vori Elves!!! They could of course also capitalise on the success of HotA's Cove and have already acknowledged it via the board game Link. I do though think they are going for an entirely new faction in Vori elves of Jadame which also gives us a faction for snow terrain which has not yet been seen as far as I know Smile

For the story I am a bit afraid that it won't tie very into the original Enroth lore as they expressed their wish to create a new storyline, but that long time fans can expect familiar names.

GodRage, rrravyn, Blake01 and DanilaRud015 like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Heroes of Might and Magic!   New Heroes of Might and Magic! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Heroes of Might and Magic!
Page 1 of 1