~ Forums of Enroth ~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~ Forums of Enroth ~

The Enroth diehard fan community

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Songs of Conquest
Mugaisa, the elusive Knight Icon_minitimeby Blake01 2024-04-07, 15:14

» ...to XP run...
Mugaisa, the elusive Knight Icon_minitimeby CATMAN 2024-03-30, 03:16

» WARNING - The dreaded moment is here: Heroes 6 servers shutting down
Mugaisa, the elusive Knight Icon_minitimeby Blake01 2024-03-29, 23:04

» Songs of Silence (HoMM like game)
Mugaisa, the elusive Knight Icon_minitimeby Blake01 2024-03-27, 16:52

» Heroes Orchestra's 5th Birthday concerts with Paul Romero
Mugaisa, the elusive Knight Icon_minitimeby rrravyn 2024-03-23, 22:45

» fheroes2 General Announcements
Mugaisa, the elusive Knight Icon_minitimeby sirDranik 2024-03-17, 23:35

» Photo Gallery
Mugaisa, the elusive Knight Icon_minitimeby Sir Albe 2024-03-07, 06:57

Poll
Global announcements should be:
Everlasting, 1 for each project.
Mugaisa, the elusive Knight Redbar110%Mugaisa, the elusive Knight Redbar12
 0% [ 0 ]
Temporary, when there is something new to announce.
Mugaisa, the elusive Knight Redbar11100%Mugaisa, the elusive Knight Redbar12
 100% [ 6 ]
Holalala... No idea where the Ultimate artifact is.
Mugaisa, the elusive Knight Redbar110%Mugaisa, the elusive Knight Redbar12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6
Most Viewed Topics
H3SW: General Graphics discussion
Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW
Introduce yourself
H3SW General Discussion
H3SW Map List: Work in progress
H3SW: Dwelling Development
Forum Admins Feed
The Floody Land
Enrothian Fan Art
Heroes III: The Succession Wars v0.8.1 Beta

Mugaisa, the elusive Knight

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ermelloth
Skeleton
Skeleton
Ermelloth

Quality Points : 2
Registration Date : 2019-04-03

Mugaisa, the elusive Knight Empty
PostSubject: Mugaisa, the elusive Knight   Mugaisa, the elusive Knight Icon_minitime2019-04-03, 22:25

Good day everyone.

Having a couple of questions about this hero - the knight named Mugaisa, with Armorer specialty. There is something weird about this hero.

First of all, he is disabled by default in nearly all maps, but can be picked up if you generate a Random map. I wonder what makes him special (cause there are other Armorer heroes, I've seen a couple, so it can't be that).

The hero Lord Halton behaves in a completely opposite way - doesn't appear eligible for selection in random maps, but is enabled in maps, coming with the game.

Second question is actually about his portrait and personality. When I first saw the portrait in hero selection screen of a random map, I was sure it's a woman. However, the Map Editor says the knight is male. Perhaps it's an editor's mistake? Cause he certainly doesn't look male to me - Mugaisa's appearance is rather feminine, take lips for example.
Back to top Go down
Uhm
Vampire
Vampire
Uhm

Quality Points : 477
Registration Date : 2015-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Mugaisa, the elusive Knight   Mugaisa, the elusive Knight Icon_minitime2019-04-04, 07:49

Hmmm, I was always sure that Mugaisa was modeled on Michael Jackson Laughing

Well, Roland, it seems I've won our little contest.  But don't worry. Not only have I decided to spare your life, but I am appointing you monarch of the Western Tower.  Perhaps I will come and visit your splendid court, when you are not entertaining important rats and spiders.
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

Quality Points : 843
Registration Date : 2014-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Mugaisa, the elusive Knight   Mugaisa, the elusive Knight Icon_minitime2019-04-09, 05:06

Mugaisa (draft name) the Knight is actually a woman. This will be also reflected in her biography.

That gender uncertainty was somehow intended in earlier builds (a community-only joke/easter egg on Russian DF2 forum). We just left that as a "feature" there, but the actual reason was that you had to patch the map editor executable separately to make Mugaisa an actual woman. Yes, she replaces Lord Haart and effectively has the same hero index.

In v0.8.2, she will be listed as woman.

Since she replaces Lord Haart, there is a hint: in Heroes 3 RoE Lord Haart actually existed as a standard Castle faction hero. However, RoE storyline hinted that he was a traitor, and Catherine Ironfist killed him, with him to be resurrected as a campaign-only Death Knight in Heroes 3 Armageddon's Blade expansion.

Thus, Heroes 3 mechanics treat Mugaisa and Lord Halton in the same way as they do with Lord Haart and Sir Mullich in the original H3 games. On RoE map format and random maps, Mugaisa/Lord Haart are available. Newer map formats (excluding random maps) feature Lord Halton/Sir Mullich instead.

P.S. I actually like the version about Michael Jackson Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Mugaisa, the elusive Knight   Mugaisa, the elusive Knight Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mugaisa, the elusive Knight
Page 1 of 1