~ Forums of Enroth ~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~ Forums of Enroth ~

The Enroth diehard fan community

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Songs of Conquest
Heroes III: The Succession Wars v0.8.0 Beta Icon_minitimeby Blake01 2024-04-07, 15:14

» ...to XP run...
Heroes III: The Succession Wars v0.8.0 Beta Icon_minitimeby CATMAN 2024-03-30, 03:16

» WARNING - The dreaded moment is here: Heroes 6 servers shutting down
Heroes III: The Succession Wars v0.8.0 Beta Icon_minitimeby Blake01 2024-03-29, 23:04

» Songs of Silence (HoMM like game)
Heroes III: The Succession Wars v0.8.0 Beta Icon_minitimeby Blake01 2024-03-27, 16:52

» Heroes Orchestra's 5th Birthday concerts with Paul Romero
Heroes III: The Succession Wars v0.8.0 Beta Icon_minitimeby rrravyn 2024-03-23, 22:45

» fheroes2 General Announcements
Heroes III: The Succession Wars v0.8.0 Beta Icon_minitimeby sirDranik 2024-03-17, 23:35

» Photo Gallery
Heroes III: The Succession Wars v0.8.0 Beta Icon_minitimeby Sir Albe 2024-03-07, 06:57

Poll
Global announcements should be:
Everlasting, 1 for each project.
Heroes III: The Succession Wars v0.8.0 Beta Redbar110%Heroes III: The Succession Wars v0.8.0 Beta Redbar12
 0% [ 0 ]
Temporary, when there is something new to announce.
Heroes III: The Succession Wars v0.8.0 Beta Redbar11100%Heroes III: The Succession Wars v0.8.0 Beta Redbar12
 100% [ 6 ]
Holalala... No idea where the Ultimate artifact is.
Heroes III: The Succession Wars v0.8.0 Beta Redbar110%Heroes III: The Succession Wars v0.8.0 Beta Redbar12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6
Most Viewed Topics
H3SW: General Graphics discussion
Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW
Introduce yourself
H3SW General Discussion
H3SW Map List: Work in progress
H3SW: Dwelling Development
Forum Admins Feed
The Floody Land
Enrothian Fan Art
Heroes III: The Succession Wars v0.8.1 Beta

Heroes III: The Succession Wars v0.8.0 Beta

Go down 
+4
Tibor0803
Galaad
Orzie
GodRage
8 posters
AuthorMessage
GodRage
Webmaster
Webmaster
GodRage

Quality Points : 228
Registration Date : 2009-09-21

Heroes III: The Succession Wars v0.8.0 Beta Empty
PostSubject: Heroes III: The Succession Wars v0.8.0 Beta   Heroes III: The Succession Wars v0.8.0 Beta Icon_minitime2019-01-03, 06:45

H3SW v0.8.0 beta
Released: December 31st - January 1st, 2019.

Download:
Download the mod from Mod Database
Download the mod from Dropbox
Download the mod from Google Drive

Installation:
1. Install CLEAN Heroes 3: Shadow of Death or Heroes Complete. No mods like HotA, WoG, ERA, HD Mod should be present in the game directory.
Attention: Don't try to install the mod over Heroes 3: Restoration of Erathia, Heroes 3: Armageddon's Blade or Heroes 3 HD Edition from Ubisoft!
2. Install H3SW v0.8.0 in the game folder using the downloaded installer.
3. Install HD Mod for Heroes 3 in the game folder.
4. Launch native h3sw.exe to play the game.

5. If you want to play with HD Mod features, Launch HD_Launcher.exe, go to the Tweaks tab and paste this line anywhere:
=0

FOR KNOWN PROBLEMS AND SOLUTIONS VISIT OUR v0.8.0 BUG REPORTS FORUM

Troubleshooting:
Problem: DDERR_INVALIDPARAMS' File: 'C:\Dev\Heroes 3 Exp 2\Game\WINGRAPH.CPP
Solution: Install HD Mod (see paragraph 5 of installation instructions).

Problem: Black fonts in the game message windows.
Solution: Set 32 bit GDI in the HD Mod settings or switch between different settings.

Problem: Heroes 3 buildings on castle townscreens, not clickable, shifted, etc.
Solution: Make sure the tweak =0 is present in the Tweaks tab of HD Mod Launcher (see paragraph 5 of installation instructions).

Problem: Assert violation in file (or lacking VCRUNTIME140.dll)
Solution:
1) Turn off DEP (Data Execution Prevention) for h3sw.exe like described in this instruction.
2) If doesn't help, install Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015, preferably x32 version even if your system is 64-bit.

Problem: Game randomly crashes with errors EIP=0x22007601, EIP=0x00671621 or EIP=0x004FB282
Solution: Install HD Mod (see paragraph 5 of installation instructions).
Attention: all other EIP numbers occurring in v0.8.0 can be checked on our Bug Reports forum!

Update v0.8.1 beta is in progress.

Changelog:
First stable version.

Last edited by GodRage on 2019-01-05, 04:36; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://homm2.free.fr
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

Quality Points : 843
Registration Date : 2014-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Heroes III: The Succession Wars v0.8.0 Beta   Heroes III: The Succession Wars v0.8.0 Beta Icon_minitime2019-01-03, 08:06

I'm sorry, but I will have to modify this thread heavily. I was just too busy with bug reports so didn't have time for a neat publication here on the forum. Smile
Back to top Go down
Galaad
Elf
Elf
Galaad

Quality Points : 85
Registration Date : 2015-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Heroes III: The Succession Wars v0.8.0 Beta   Heroes III: The Succession Wars v0.8.0 Beta Icon_minitime2019-01-03, 23:29

Congratulations and thank you guys! Now the perfect Heroes game is finally out there. Happy
Back to top Go down
Tibor0803
Nomad
Nomad
Tibor0803

Quality Points : 21
Registration Date : 2015-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Heroes III: The Succession Wars v0.8.0 Beta   Heroes III: The Succession Wars v0.8.0 Beta Icon_minitime2019-01-04, 01:41

This comment from me will be a detailed review of mine as I tried out the new v0.8 H3SW.

Guys, first off, allow me to thank you for the fabulous work you have finished there as new year kicked in. Just a few bugs are out there, but still holy shit, Very Happy this is a nice creation. The massive waiting time finally paid off. Heroes III: The Succession Wars v0.8.0 Beta 2486046604 Thanks to your effort and Orzie's installation guide, there is no problem with the game besides a few bugs and few inactive effects which wasn't mentioned besides the ones can be seen when we select a hero from the beginning of a game. These things can be ignored as long as we don't meet with throng or swarm amount of Pikemen out of nowhere. I think it has something to do with Pikemen's level 1 Peasant self from it's former H3 edit. I could collect over 200 Brutes as a Knight (former Peasant upgrade) in a really short time. Still this stable beta is enjoyable as the way how it is. I don't seem to encounter resource problems or error messages related to it unlike the old 2013 January version. The new battle music seems original to me and one of the best fitting music in the game. As we end turn, we also get 2 other AI turn music, I love both of them. The Dervish was a pleasant surprise to me. The entire townscreen is beautiful, every segment of it brings back the H2 feeling from my childhood. Basically better, than it's "Gipsy" look. The line-up is well organized, just like the additional extra creatures what other towns have from now on. I gonna miss Owl Bear so much. Crying or Very sad The hero selection fits to their specialty, even if some of them are inactive. The town's theme is non-other than the Sorceress theme from Gold edition of H2, which fits Dervish better than Sorceress, so it was a good choice.

As now we got v0.8, we better concentrate on fixing the bugs of this version before proceed with the project. As always, just keep going and take your time what you need guys.

Best Regards and a Happy New Year! Cool sunglasses
Back to top Go down
GodRage
Webmaster
Webmaster
GodRage

Quality Points : 228
Registration Date : 2009-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Heroes III: The Succession Wars v0.8.0 Beta   Heroes III: The Succession Wars v0.8.0 Beta Icon_minitime2019-01-05, 04:21

Orzie wrote:
I'm sorry, but I will have to modify this thread heavily. I was just too busy with bug reports so didn't have time for a neat publication here on the forum. Smile
No problem Heroes III: The Succession Wars v0.8.0 Beta 589285140 , you can also just delete this thread and add the informations into General info & Announcements :
https://heroes2.forumactif.com/t77-heroes-of-might-and-magic-3-the-succession-wars-general-info-announcements
as i think it should be the right thread about that... But, maybe it's better that each version of the game has his own FAQ/informations-thread? Heroes III: The Succession Wars v0.8.0 Beta 3293758093
Back to top Go down
http://homm2.free.fr
LordCameron
Peasant
Peasant
LordCameron

Quality Points : 3
Registration Date : 2019-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Heroes III: The Succession Wars v0.8.0 Beta   Heroes III: The Succession Wars v0.8.0 Beta Icon_minitime2019-01-10, 08:32

Wow guys amazing! I turn my back on you for just four years, and when I look back you've gone and done it! Real good work.
Back to top Go down
Firecage321
Peasant
Peasant
Firecage321

Quality Points : 1
Registration Date : 2019-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Heroes III: The Succession Wars v0.8.0 Beta   Heroes III: The Succession Wars v0.8.0 Beta Icon_minitime2019-01-11, 15:07

Loving the mod!

I fired up a new game of Broken Alliance last night and it was like going back in time 20 years ago to when I first played the demo.

The Dervish town is so sick. Great job guys.
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: Heroes III: The Succession Wars v0.8.0 Beta   Heroes III: The Succession Wars v0.8.0 Beta Icon_minitime2019-01-12, 02:30

Thread updated. Future threads dedicated to new versions of H3SW will be created separately in the same manner, replacing this one as the Global Announcement.
Back to top Go down
LordCameron
Peasant
Peasant
LordCameron

Quality Points : 3
Registration Date : 2019-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Heroes III: The Succession Wars v0.8.0 Beta   Heroes III: The Succession Wars v0.8.0 Beta Icon_minitime2019-01-14, 06:59

I just discovered a Lord Alberon. Is that the portmanteau I think it is? Smile
Back to top Go down
badlemon
Skeleton
Skeleton
badlemon

Registration Date : 2017-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Heroes III: The Succession Wars v0.8.0 Beta   Heroes III: The Succession Wars v0.8.0 Beta Icon_minitime2019-01-16, 00:44

Wow. Can't believe my eyes. You guys did it. After periods of checking these forums on a daily basis and even trying to contribute my time and skills for the faster development of the project I almost thought that this 0.8 version would never be finished. But here it is. Kudos. I'm gonna give it a go as soon as I go home.  It looks like a really well done job.

Just a quick question to the devs because I failed to find an answer in the forums.

How multiplayer friendly is the beta? Nowadays I usually play a local TCP/IP multiplayer using Heroes 3 complete + the latest version of the HoMM3 HD mod (which solves the multiplayer problems that h3 usually has). As I see H3:SW 0.8 is compatible with H3 complete and Homm3 HD mod. Does that mean that it will run a stable tcp/ip multiplayer or do I need third party softwares (gameranger, hamachi...)?

Edit: Tried it. TCP/IP works fine!
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: Heroes III: The Succession Wars v0.8.0 Beta   Heroes III: The Succession Wars v0.8.0 Beta Icon_minitime2019-01-16, 06:24

You are the first to report TCP/IP working. Please describe your settings, your OS and the way you set up a game.

More people reported Gameranger working, but there you would need creating the HD executable for h3sw.exe and rename it to Heroes3.exe (or Heroes 3.exe, don't know what works for you). Then, Gameranger should be launching the mod.

I guess I will need to create a separate thread for multiplayer discussion.
Back to top Go down
badlemon
Skeleton
Skeleton
badlemon

Registration Date : 2017-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Heroes III: The Succession Wars v0.8.0 Beta   Heroes III: The Succession Wars v0.8.0 Beta Icon_minitime2019-01-16, 09:36

I tried it the most usual way possible. Win 7. Installed SW over Heroes 3 Complete (GOG version). Installed HD mod after that. The two PCs in my office I tried use the same version of everything above and are connected via router (it's the setting I usually play multiplayer H3 TCP/IP).
Back to top Go down
Lokero
Peasant
Peasant
Lokero

Quality Points : 0
Registration Date : 2019-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Heroes III: The Succession Wars v0.8.0 Beta   Heroes III: The Succession Wars v0.8.0 Beta Icon_minitime2019-01-24, 20:44

Hey, when I first heard about such a mod I didn't believe. Now it looks amazing. Anyway, I have got a question - how should I install this mod if I also have HoTA in my H3 folder? I play it quite often. Should I remove it or what?

Thanks for the reply.
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: Heroes III: The Succession Wars v0.8.0 Beta   Heroes III: The Succession Wars v0.8.0 Beta Icon_minitime2019-01-24, 21:01

The installation instruction is written in the first post of this topic.
It clearly states you cannot have HotA in the game folder.
What you need to do is to create a separate copy of the game for H3SW.

P. S. In fact, you still can put an experiment and install the mod to Heroes 3+HotA folder, but you must follow the installation instructions from word to word, like installing HD Mod over the whole package after H3SW v0.8.0 is installed, or both h3sw and hota won't work.

I still recommend doing stuff like I described in the beginning of this post. It's too easy for a player to mess up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heroes III: The Succession Wars v0.8.0 Beta   Heroes III: The Succession Wars v0.8.0 Beta Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Heroes III: The Succession Wars v0.8.0 Beta
Page 1 of 1