~ Forums of Enroth ~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~ Forums of Enroth ~

The Enroth diehard fan community

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Songs of Conquest
H3SW General Discussion - Page 13 Icon_minitimeby Blake01 2024-04-07, 15:14

» ...to XP run...
H3SW General Discussion - Page 13 Icon_minitimeby CATMAN 2024-03-30, 03:16

» WARNING - The dreaded moment is here: Heroes 6 servers shutting down
H3SW General Discussion - Page 13 Icon_minitimeby Blake01 2024-03-29, 23:04

» Songs of Silence (HoMM like game)
H3SW General Discussion - Page 13 Icon_minitimeby Blake01 2024-03-27, 16:52

» Heroes Orchestra's 5th Birthday concerts with Paul Romero
H3SW General Discussion - Page 13 Icon_minitimeby rrravyn 2024-03-23, 22:45

» fheroes2 General Announcements
H3SW General Discussion - Page 13 Icon_minitimeby sirDranik 2024-03-17, 23:35

» Photo Gallery
H3SW General Discussion - Page 13 Icon_minitimeby Sir Albe 2024-03-07, 06:57

Poll
Global announcements should be:
Everlasting, 1 for each project.
H3SW General Discussion - Page 13 Redbar110%H3SW General Discussion - Page 13 Redbar12
 0% [ 0 ]
Temporary, when there is something new to announce.
H3SW General Discussion - Page 13 Redbar11100%H3SW General Discussion - Page 13 Redbar12
 100% [ 6 ]
Holalala... No idea where the Ultimate artifact is.
H3SW General Discussion - Page 13 Redbar110%H3SW General Discussion - Page 13 Redbar12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6
Most Viewed Topics
H3SW: General Graphics discussion
Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW
Introduce yourself
H3SW General Discussion
H3SW Map List: Work in progress
H3SW: Dwelling Development
Forum Admins Feed
The Floody Land
Enrothian Fan Art
Heroes III: The Succession Wars v0.8.1 Beta

H3SW General Discussion

Go down 
+50
Ergon
Blake01
ro
Planewalker
DanilaRud015
GREMLMYR
Drago
kuba11
summerloud
qrailer
Nigel
Juas
MartiusR
luk3Z
Werebion
Taiyoumaru
mORISman
number128
daedelus
Drindome
frog-sized-frog
Ermelloth
celebrindae
qlczas_PL
Wayshan
halapli
YhyJasne
Thamiar
xxswwxx
robizeratul
Ragoon
Zadr
Galaad
Radagast82
tanenorther
Maniek123404
Agar
buffkaz
rrravyn
Tibor0803
tophatchild
Uhm
Steven Aus
feanor
Roarkes
Unknown_Hero
Sir Albe
Amicus
GodRage
Orzie
54 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
AuthorMessage
kulture
Peasant
Peasant
kulture

Quality Points : 0
Registration Date : 2022-11-21

H3SW General Discussion - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: H3SW General Discussion   H3SW General Discussion - Page 13 Icon_minitime2022-11-22, 02:19

First post & intro, thx to the modders; h3sw has been a great trip of nostalgia for me and I'm loving the dervish clan.

1. Hd mod: It worked without having to manually change the era.ini file in mods/sw/settings ; couldn't find any changelog to explain the functionality. Using hdmod 5.2 rc22 ; running win vista os w/ xp visual

2. I saw that terrain movement coefficients had been updated to h3 standard but couldn't find any clarification if creature type/speed had any bearing on hero movement; i.e. faction type not suffing move penalty on native terrain and my own testing on hero mvmt based on lowest creature spd was inconclusive.

3. ? about schools of magic expert mastery requiring expert wisdom; Is that h3sw exclusive or a wog/era aspect. Is there a way I can remove that requirement? Because I miss my third level spell of mast haste in early game.

4. My two cents on spell/school balance in regards to recent post; I feel haste/slow bless/curse bloodlust/shield are all correct in regards to school placements. Though if the modders do change them to their preferences I would humbly ask for an option to keep them as normal.

4&11/7ths. However, I always felt the school of fire got hosed/cheated on an adventure map movement spell; with h3 Armageddon downgraded to 4th level and lackluster Sacrifice as a 5th level replacement... Would removing sacrifice and changing dimension door from air to fire be completely imbalanced?

Anyway, thx again to the modders and forum moderators.

GodRage, Orzie and Sir Albe like this post

Back to top Go down
Sir Albe
Mage
Mage
Sir Albe

Quality Points : 452
Registration Date : 2015-07-16

PostSubject: Re: H3SW General Discussion   H3SW General Discussion - Page 13 Icon_minitime2022-11-22, 07:15

Hello kulture and welcome to the forums Smile

I am glad to hear you enjoy playing H3SW. Hopefully you will enjoy the upcoming update as well.

1. It is likely that you managed to get HD mod working with H3SW without changing the era.ini file. I am unsure if HD mod even reads this file at all.

2. The movement rules are the same ones as in standard H3 meaning you got no terrain penalty if all your creatures are on their native terrain and that the speed of creatures influence the movement points of the hero. The latter was also part of H2 actually.

3. This is a H3SW exclusive feature. If you want you can remove 'ExpWisdomforExpSchools.bin' in the EraPlugins folder and the feature should be disabled.

4. The placement of spells in different spell schools won't change for the upcoming version, but it may be changed sometime later.

kulture likes this post

Back to top Go down
mORISman
Gargoyle
Gargoyle
mORISman

Registration Date : 2020-10-14

PostSubject: Re: H3SW General Discussion   H3SW General Discussion - Page 13 Icon_minitime2022-11-23, 01:28

In the next update, It will possible to implement the caravan, to auto-transport the creature from a various dwelling point in a map, to the castle?
To be clear, the same system that we can find in Heroes V.

Thank u
Back to top Go down
Sir Albe
Mage
Mage
Sir Albe

PostSubject: Re: H3SW General Discussion   H3SW General Discussion - Page 13 Icon_minitime2022-11-24, 03:49

mORISman wrote:
In the next update, It will possible to implement the caravan, to auto-transport the creature from a various dwelling point in a map, to the castle?
To be clear, the same system that we can find in Heroes V.

Thank u

I don't know if this system has even been implemented in any H3 mod (at least not HotA), so it won't be in H3SW either. Furthermore, I don't think this system fits well with the H3SW gameplay as a whole.
Back to top Go down
MartiusR
Gargoyle
Gargoyle
MartiusR

Quality Points : 7
Registration Date : 2021-04-08

PostSubject: Re: H3SW General Discussion   H3SW General Discussion - Page 13 Icon_minitime2022-12-24, 09:57

Hi everyone! I was very excited, when I saw announcement of new version, but I can't find anywhere any update and the 2022 is almost at the end. What's happening with the new version? Is it going to be delayed?
Back to top Go down
Mefista
Gargoyle
Gargoyle
Mefista

Quality Points : 2
Registration Date : 2015-07-19

PostSubject: Re: H3SW General Discussion   H3SW General Discussion - Page 13 Icon_minitime2022-12-25, 11:40

It is being beta-tested to squish all the bugs <3

Sir Albe likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sir Albe
Mage
Mage
Sir Albe

PostSubject: Re: H3SW General Discussion   H3SW General Discussion - Page 13 Icon_minitime2022-12-25, 21:52

Hi MartiusR and Happy holidays to you Smile

As Mefista said we are currently finishing up a beta test of the next release to make sure we fixed the most problematic bugs. You can still expect the release within 2022 Smile

GodRage, Mefista and Daisy like this post

Back to top Go down
Daisy
Peasant
Peasant
Daisy

Registration Date : 2022-12-25

PostSubject: Re: H3SW General Discussion   H3SW General Discussion - Page 13 Icon_minitime2022-12-25, 22:58

Sir Albe wrote:

As Mefista said we are currently finishing up a beta test of the next release to make sure we fixed the most problematic bugs. You can still expect the release within 2022 Smile

Sooo excited for the new version Very Happy Happy holidays

GodRage, Sir Albe and Ergon like this post

Back to top Go down
MartiusR
Gargoyle
Gargoyle
MartiusR

Quality Points : 7
Registration Date : 2021-04-08

PostSubject: Re: H3SW General Discussion   H3SW General Discussion - Page 13 Icon_minitime2022-12-26, 07:32

Sir Albe wrote:
Hi MartiusR and Happy holidays to you Smile

Sounds awesome!

Thank you for the reply!

Wishing all forum members and admins/mods Merry and Blessed Christmas! All the best for your and your families!

Sir Albe, Ergon, DanilaRud015 and Daisy like this post

Back to top Go down
Sir Albe
Mage
Mage
Sir Albe

PostSubject: Re: H3SW General Discussion   H3SW General Discussion - Page 13 Icon_minitime2022-12-30, 04:10

A new promo screenshot arrives in the cold winter holidays. The next release of H3SW will feature H2 siege walls and towers for all the classic six classes, as seen here where the mages in their red robes have taken position. Who knows if they got something to deliver soon?

H3SW General Discussion - Page 13 OFZNsUc

GodRage, Mefista, YhyJasne, Ergon, Jachu, DanilaRud015 and Daisy like this post

Back to top Go down
Sir Albe
Mage
Mage
Sir Albe

PostSubject: H3SW v0.8.2 release   H3SW General Discussion - Page 13 Icon_minitime2023-01-01, 05:10

Hello everyone!!

I am happy to announce that Heroes of Might and Magic III: The Succession Wars version 0.8.2 has been released!! Thanks to my fellow team members and everyone for supporting H3SW between the releases Very Happy

I would like to wish you all a Happy and Peaceful New Year!!

Download Here

GodRage, Uhm, Mefista, YhyJasne, Ergon, Jachu, DanilaRud015 and Daisy like this post

Back to top Go down
Uhm
Vampire
Vampire
Uhm

Quality Points : 477
Registration Date : 2015-07-17

PostSubject: Re: H3SW General Discussion   H3SW General Discussion - Page 13 Icon_minitime2023-01-01, 05:46

Yaaay! Thank you Albert that you brought it finally to life Very Happy and the rest of the team for amazing work! I was working lately on a bit crazy scenario for my brother - sadly, it wasn't playtested yet, so be prepared for terrible balance and even more terrible armies H3SW General Discussion - Page 13 3621766935

If you're not afraid, here comes Kilgor. Very Happy

H3SW General Discussion - Page 13 Asdfadsf

Last edited by Uhm on 2023-01-01, 06:11; edited 1 time in total

GodRage, Sir Albe, Ergon and DanilaRud015 like this post

Back to top Go down
Ergon
Gargoyle
Gargoyle
Ergon

Quality Points : 4
Registration Date : 2017-05-25

PostSubject: Re: H3SW General Discussion   H3SW General Discussion - Page 13 Icon_minitime2023-01-01, 06:05

Thank You so much for your hard work, your team did something unimaginable before to whole Heroes of Might and Magic community.
fheroes2 to release to play campaign on mobile and now new version of H3SW is finally out.

I wish You all happy new year!

Edit: In my case crashtest campaign in H3SW (Wizard's Land maps) crashes to desktop without a message. Scenarios works flawlessly :DD

Sir Albe and DanilaRud015 like this post

Back to top Go down
buffkaz
Nomad
Nomad
buffkaz

Quality Points : 40
Registration Date : 2015-10-25

PostSubject: Re: H3SW General Discussion   H3SW General Discussion - Page 13 Icon_minitime2023-01-10, 08:18

Awesome you guys are still alive! <3  ... &lt;3 ... <3  ... &lt;3

GodRage, Sir Albe and Ergon like this post

Back to top Go down
Ergon
Gargoyle
Gargoyle
Ergon

Quality Points : 4
Registration Date : 2017-05-25

PostSubject: Re: H3SW General Discussion   H3SW General Discussion - Page 13 Icon_minitime2023-01-10, 20:49

Are there any procedures that help You develop new maps for H3SW? I wish I could convert not already released Heroes 2 maps for Heroes 3 or H3SW and from H3 to H2. Is there any easy way to make a huge overworld screen of Heroes 2 map?

I mean something like this in that reddit thread:
https://www.reddit.com/r/HoMM/comments/etodtw/i_was_looking_for_nice_heroes_of_might_and_magic/

Sir Albe likes this post

Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

Quality Points : 843
Registration Date : 2014-12-12

PostSubject: Re: H3SW General Discussion   H3SW General Discussion - Page 13 Icon_minitime2023-01-10, 22:51

Unfortunately, no, there isn't an easy one-click way of making a full screenshot.

What we use for conversion is this approach:

- In case of H2 maps, we have pre-converted dummy maps with all terrain already in place. For H3, we open the maps as normal, but a large chunk of objects are misplaced and have to be deleted/replaced anyway.

- It's convenient to have both map editors open at the same part of the map due to them both working in window mode.

- Placing objects normally, then moving to another part of the map.

Due to H3 editor being more flexible, it's not that painful as it would be in reverse situation because H2 editor has a lot of limitations for how the objects need to be placed.

Sir Albe, Ergon and DanilaRud015 like this post

Back to top Go down
Planewalker
Gargoyle
Gargoyle
Planewalker

Quality Points : 3
Registration Date : 2019-01-12

PostSubject: Re: H3SW General Discussion   H3SW General Discussion - Page 13 Icon_minitime2023-01-14, 05:38

This has been one awesome experience. I've been playing through each scenario on Queen: currently finished all H1 and H2 maps under v0.8.1, now I'm going through the H3 maps on v0.8.2.

How long did it take to make the converted maps?

This really delivers the feeling of what a major expansion of H2 would have been like.

Sir Albe likes this post

Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: H3SW General Discussion   H3SW General Discussion - Page 13 Icon_minitime2023-01-14, 06:15

Map conversion takes quite a lot (an S map for Heroes 2 takes about several hours at least) - that's why we still don't have the full list. A lot of attempts were made by the team to find a solution not requiring manual labor - but still the only thing we have is the converted H2 terrains from Xexys.

There is one option to make H3 map conversion faster, but it would require another complete overhaul of our graphic resources + another extensive map test, and I'm afraid we are not ready for such work because the previous one was already very painful.

Getting help from users is better - even if only 1 map is converted per each person, we'll make the full list eventually.

GodRage and DanilaRud015 like this post

Back to top Go down
Planewalker
Gargoyle
Gargoyle
Planewalker

PostSubject: Re: H3SW General Discussion   H3SW General Discussion - Page 13 Icon_minitime2023-01-17, 05:37

Sounds like quite an effort! Very laudable.

I have only found small bugs in the maps here and there despite all that work, which is surprising. The entrances to towns in Dead and Buried are one space in front of the actual town graphic, and the Wand of Negation in Dragon Orb is guarded by blank placeholder creatures with 1 HP.

Sir Albe likes this post

Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: H3SW General Discussion   H3SW General Discussion - Page 13 Icon_minitime2023-01-17, 05:48

This qualifies as a bug report. Please leave an entry in the dedicated subforum in future cases, we'll sort it out.
Back to top Go down
Sir Albe
Mage
Mage
Sir Albe

PostSubject: Re: H3SW General Discussion   H3SW General Discussion - Page 13 Icon_minitime2023-01-17, 08:59

Thanks for the words and the report! I will look into it Smile

Update: Fixed both maps Smile

Last edited by Sir Albe on 2023-01-18, 07:12; edited 1 time in total

Orzie likes this post

Back to top Go down
Planewalker
Gargoyle
Gargoyle
Planewalker

PostSubject: Re: H3SW General Discussion   H3SW General Discussion - Page 13 Icon_minitime2023-01-18, 05:16

Is there a way I can send you .h3m files if I find bugs in scenarios as I go through the whole list? I'm quite proficient with the map editor and I can probably fix these as I find them. I just fixed two issues in Elbow Room.
Back to top Go down
Sir Albe
Mage
Mage
Sir Albe

PostSubject: Re: H3SW General Discussion   H3SW General Discussion - Page 13 Icon_minitime2023-01-18, 06:46

Planewalker wrote:
Is there a way I can send you .h3m files if I find bugs in scenarios as I go through the whole list? I'm quite proficient with the map editor and I can probably fix these as I find them. I just fixed two issues in Elbow Room.

I prefer if you can send me screenshots and/or coordinates as we go through the errors before we change anything Smile Otherwise people may change something which was intentional.

Planewalker likes this post

Back to top Go down
Planewalker
Gargoyle
Gargoyle
Planewalker

PostSubject: Re: H3SW General Discussion   H3SW General Discussion - Page 13 Icon_minitime2023-01-21, 03:56

In keeping with the rough Heroes 2 design philosophy of providing upgrades for humanoid (or humanoid-shaped) creatures, are there upgrade plans for the Acolytes, Nomads, Anubites, and Death Knights?

(Thanks for adding animations to my beloved Death Knights btw)

Sir Albe likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sir Albe
Mage
Mage
Sir Albe

PostSubject: Re: H3SW General Discussion   H3SW General Discussion - Page 13 Icon_minitime2023-01-21, 06:31

Planewalker wrote:
In keeping with the rough Heroes 2 design philosophy of providing upgrades for humanoid (or humanoid-shaped) creatures, are there upgrade plans for the Acolytes, Nomads, Anubites, and Death Knights?

(Thanks for adding animations to my beloved Death Knights btw)

That is a good question. We have discussed it previously as you can read Here, and back then I wrote that it would be allowed by the H2 "principles" to have upgrades for these creatures (I wrote 'maybe' for Anubite due to its special nature). I haven't abandoned creating these in the future, but they have to make sense in more than just being in line with the H2 principles for us to use time to create an upgrade Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: H3SW General Discussion   H3SW General Discussion - Page 13 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

H3SW General Discussion
Page 13 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next