~ Forums of Enroth ~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~ Forums of Enroth ~

The Enroth diehard fan community

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Songs of Conquest
H3SW: Adventure Map Objects - Page 3 Icon_minitimeby Blake01 2024-04-07, 15:14

» ...to XP run...
H3SW: Adventure Map Objects - Page 3 Icon_minitimeby CATMAN 2024-03-30, 03:16

» WARNING - The dreaded moment is here: Heroes 6 servers shutting down
H3SW: Adventure Map Objects - Page 3 Icon_minitimeby Blake01 2024-03-29, 23:04

» Songs of Silence (HoMM like game)
H3SW: Adventure Map Objects - Page 3 Icon_minitimeby Blake01 2024-03-27, 16:52

» Heroes Orchestra's 5th Birthday concerts with Paul Romero
H3SW: Adventure Map Objects - Page 3 Icon_minitimeby rrravyn 2024-03-23, 22:45

» fheroes2 General Announcements
H3SW: Adventure Map Objects - Page 3 Icon_minitimeby sirDranik 2024-03-17, 23:35

» Photo Gallery
H3SW: Adventure Map Objects - Page 3 Icon_minitimeby Sir Albe 2024-03-07, 06:57

Poll
Global announcements should be:
Everlasting, 1 for each project.
H3SW: Adventure Map Objects - Page 3 Redbar110%H3SW: Adventure Map Objects - Page 3 Redbar12
 0% [ 0 ]
Temporary, when there is something new to announce.
H3SW: Adventure Map Objects - Page 3 Redbar11100%H3SW: Adventure Map Objects - Page 3 Redbar12
 100% [ 6 ]
Holalala... No idea where the Ultimate artifact is.
H3SW: Adventure Map Objects - Page 3 Redbar110%H3SW: Adventure Map Objects - Page 3 Redbar12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6
Most Viewed Topics
H3SW: General Graphics discussion
Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW
Introduce yourself
H3SW General Discussion
H3SW Map List: Work in progress
H3SW: Dwelling Development
Forum Admins Feed
The Floody Land
Enrothian Fan Art
Heroes III: The Succession Wars v0.8.1 Beta

H3SW: Adventure Map Objects

Go down 
+8
buffkaz
Steven Aus
Tibor0803
GodRage
robizeratul
Uhm
YhyJasne
Orzie
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
robizeratul
Elf
Elf
robizeratul

Quality Points : 32
Registration Date : 2015-07-01

H3SW: Adventure Map Objects - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: H3SW: Adventure Map Objects   H3SW: Adventure Map Objects - Page 3 Icon_minitime2017-12-10, 09:17

When it comes to judging graphics, you, ragoon and a few others are as good as profesionals. Reading your imput was really interesting and thought provoking. I agree with a lot you posted.

What I would advise is putting discarded concepts, no matter how rough or unfinished in a mod file so people can test them out for themselves.

This and the creation of a "discarded concepts" thread with the things you wrote might serve great benefit.
1)first it will give people inspiration of what is possible ih H3sw
2)more importantly, with your (and others) input it will give pixel artists some very good advice.

This will lead to more and better pixel art in the future. The best part of this is that it requieres minimum work from you guys. Just create the mod file, and dump everything there.

Back to top Go down
Ragoon
Minotaur
Minotaur
Ragoon

Quality Points : 350
Registration Date : 2016-05-30

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: Adventure Map Objects   H3SW: Adventure Map Objects - Page 3 Icon_minitime2017-12-10, 10:00

QUOTE:

First of all, I really dislike all the H1 objects, they're looking like crap imo. I'm talking about common 10, 14, 18, 19 and possibly every other one that isn't on the screens you posted.

My comments on interesting objects:
Wasteland 4,5: After some minor fixes could be used as a wasteland version of the ghost town (like the one half burried on the desert?)
Wasteland 6: Could be taller, but it's a good design, should be adjusted and kept.
Grass 3: Roof should have the same shape as the platform below it. Should have more ornaments too, I could work on it.
Grass 6: Could do that ones too.
Common 2: Please dont ruin it, it's looking good on dirt, but I agree that some fixes for other terrains might be needed.
Common 3: It's looking very good and should stay as alternate dwelling or a bank.
Common 12: It's okay, though I'm not a fan of the design. Should be much darker. Also yellow or green bricks could work better, just a thought.
Common 16: I can fit it into the grid pretty quickly, will try it probably.
Common 17: I agree that it doesn't fit, but the other one is that red strone I'm thinking about then we could use a new design, I very much dislike both of them (the version with the yellow star too).
Common 19: Like I said. KILLLL dat thing
Common 20: Trash
Common 22: Tent barely fits, could use the new design.

Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

Quality Points : 843
Registration Date : 2014-12-12

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: Adventure Map Objects   H3SW: Adventure Map Objects - Page 3 Icon_minitime2017-12-10, 17:41

Ragoon wrote:
QUOTE:

First of all, I really dislike all the H1 objects, they're looking like crap imo. I'm talking about common 10, 14, 18, 19 and possibly every other one that isn't on the screens you posted.

My comments on interesting objects:
Wasteland 4,5: After some minor fixes could be used as a wasteland version of the ghost town (like the one half burried on the desert?)
Wasteland 6: Could be taller, but it's a good design, should be adjusted and kept.
Grass 3: Roof should have the same shape as the platform below it. Should have more ornaments too, I could work on it.
Grass 6: Could do that ones too.
Common 2: Please dont ruin it, it's looking good on dirt, but I agree that some fixes for other terrains might be needed.
Common 3: It's looking very good and should stay as alternate dwelling or a bank.
Common 12: It's okay, though I'm not a fan of the design. Should be much darker. Also yellow or green bricks could work better, just a thought.
Common 16: I can fit it into the grid pretty quickly, will try it probably.
Common 17: I agree that it doesn't fit, but the other one is that red strone I'm thinking about then we could use a new design, I very much dislike both of them (the version with the yellow star too).
Common 19: Like I said. KILLLL dat thing
Common 20: Trash
Common 22: Tent barely fits, could use the new design.

Very nice idea for the Ghost Town. We will fix it and implement it later (I suppose that it will be a bank in our case). For now, we simply don't have such object because classic H2 banks need scripting.
Using something with trees as a bank is a dangerous story because it's not flexible terrain-wise. But surely we can do something with that.
The Altar of Sacrifice could really use new design, yes. Preferably 2-squared like in the H3 original.

Concerning everything that comes from Heroes 1: these objects are really adjustable and I can do them, like Common 19.

Mage
Mage
Sir Albe

Quality Points : 452
Registration Date : 2015-07-16

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: Adventure Map Objects   H3SW: Adventure Map Objects - Page 3 Icon_minitime2017-12-10, 23:05

I mostly agree with these changes. Personally I would like all Palm Heroes objects to be removed as we certainly don't need them and have much better and more fitting graphics ourselves. I believe some H1 objects can be changed to fit very well as H2 objects. I would be sad to see some H1 objects removed as they are used in our H1 maps. I use the stumps and apple trees along with lava and swamp objects from H1. The stumps could be changed in their style to fit the H2 more, but please keep them in the same shape Smile
H3SW: Adventure Map Objects - Page 3 PLLz5vX
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: Adventure Map Objects   H3SW: Adventure Map Objects - Page 3 Icon_minitime2017-12-11, 00:52

The H1 objects can sometimes be upgraded so that they look like H2 objects (and this should be done in cases like with the Sawmill). This object can be given a flag and packed as an alternative Sawmill somewhere in Succession Wars.pac, but (maybe) not available for common use.

P.S. We should do something with the towns: see your screenshot. There should be ground under a town, no matter if it was in the original or not. Moving the town for 1 square higher should be enough in this case.

Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: Adventure Map Objects   H3SW: Adventure Map Objects - Page 3 Icon_minitime2018-05-05, 05:02

While developing several series of map objects, Agar and I have run into a dilemma of sorts. Currently, we have some drafts of the new University concept, but all of them have their disadvantages.

H3SW: Adventure Map Objects - Page 3 Khn6dma

Right now, I am thinking of sticking to v2.1 design, drawing several terrain-specific variations of it because it practically has the less flaws.
v3.0 is also tempting, but it is even greater than a castle in size, which might not be so convenient, especially for H3 map conversions.

However, no one stops us from adding both shapes of the University, with the smaller ones being "officially generated" on random maps.

Elf
Elf
robizeratul

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: Adventure Map Objects   H3SW: Adventure Map Objects - Page 3 Icon_minitime2018-05-06, 05:26

I agree wit hyou guys. 2.1 and 3.0 look best. It's one of the strongest buildings in game, I have no problem with making it look imposing.

You could also increase the stats for the bigger one for +3, that would make sense, also decreasing rarity at the same time.

1.1 could also work, if you remove the middle part maybe. and either make it smaller and fill it in, or put some plants there... It looks to cool to discard, even if it need some work.

At least that's how I see it.
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: Adventure Map Objects   H3SW: Adventure Map Objects - Page 3 Icon_minitime2018-05-09, 17:15

You mistook University with the Library of Enlightenment. Smile

In Heroes 3 engine, the University is a structure which allows heroes to learn 4 Secondary Skills for a fee.
The Library of Enlightenment in H3 is a structure which grants a bonus to all Primary skills for those who is decent enough. In H3SW, this function is taken by the Xanadu.

Mage
Mage
Sir Albe

Quality Points : 452
Registration Date : 2015-07-16

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: Adventure Map Objects   H3SW: Adventure Map Objects - Page 3 Icon_minitime2018-05-10, 04:40

Versions 2-3 are very good, personally I like v.2.1 best, but it is hard to decide Smile
Back to top Go down
Ragoon
Minotaur
Minotaur
Ragoon

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: Adventure Map Objects   H3SW: Adventure Map Objects - Page 3 Icon_minitime2018-05-10, 06:16

I like 2.0 very much, but 2.1 perspective is a lot better imo. If it was tilted like 2.1 it would be my pick for sure. Alternatively 2.1 with 2.0 walls around it would be good as well.

GodRage
Webmaster
Webmaster
GodRage

Quality Points : 228
Registration Date : 2009-09-21

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: Adventure Map Objects   H3SW: Adventure Map Objects - Page 3 Icon_minitime2018-05-10, 20:12

the 2.0 doesn't fit the grid... too hight in pixels ?

the 2.1 need to be polished, because i can easily see that's just:
cut the 2.0 & paste 1 pixel higher for 2.1.
Need a blur or something, right now it's more or stairs style... even the windows of the building, look-likes a dance. :'(

3.0 fits the grid, but too large? you mean it give a "massive building" feel? xD
For me, the "remind H4 blablabla" isn't a point, i didn't played that much H4, and even heroes Senatus Populusque R look-likes any others older/newer HoMM's game.
so... do you mean not enough H2ish?H3SW: Adventure Map Objects - Page 3 164599763
For me, the 3.0 remind me the Dragon's lair. Smile Anyway, who build the dragon lair? The same that built the university 3.0 ! H3SW: Adventure Map Objects - Page 3 589285140 H3SW: Adventure Map Objects - Page 3 589285140

Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: Adventure Map Objects   H3SW: Adventure Map Objects - Page 3 Icon_minitime2018-05-10, 20:52

When you put the 'unfitting' object to actual grid (built of 32x32 squares) you will see that the object has some sticking ends which don't fill the square in full, but are meant to be impassable. Sometimes there can be a "ghost hero" effect which is not good for gaming impressions.

H2/H3SW graphics are brighter than vanilla H3 so all problems like that stand out even more.

v3.0 is larger than even a castle. The inspiration was Oxford, but I still have some doubts because it feels really like a major bank like Dragon Utopia, and not a structure where you can learn 3 useless skills against 1 useful, to say roughly.

Minotaur
Minotaur
Ragoon

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: Adventure Map Objects   H3SW: Adventure Map Objects - Page 3 Icon_minitime2018-05-11, 08:51

My edit, may be of use:

H3SW: Adventure Map Objects - Page 3 M9lfsBS

H3SW: Adventure Map Objects - Page 3 FULdCYT

EDIT//
Changed roof:

H3SW: Adventure Map Objects - Page 3 E8iSoPo

robizeratul
Elf
Elf
robizeratul

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: Adventure Map Objects   H3SW: Adventure Map Objects - Page 3 Icon_minitime2018-05-11, 09:11

Damn, ragoon! really hope you make a comeback one day Very Happy

I remember logging in daily to see the stuff you make! You are so talented, you make all of this seem easy Very Happy good job!
Back to top Go down
Ragoon
Minotaur
Minotaur
Ragoon

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: Adventure Map Objects   H3SW: Adventure Map Objects - Page 3 Icon_minitime2018-05-11, 12:45

I'm not gone, just not on the forum as much as before. I'm in touch with Orzie though and we've been cooking stuff together (like main menu, 3 menu backgrounds, new anubite anims etc.) :p And I can tell you in secret that I'll be more active soon enough Wink Got exams to do as well. But that's enough of the OFF-TOPIC discussion.

MORE OFF-TOPIC!:

GodRage
Webmaster
Webmaster
GodRage

Quality Points : 228
Registration Date : 2009-09-21

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: Adventure Map Objects   H3SW: Adventure Map Objects - Page 3 Icon_minitime2018-05-13, 04:11

Orzie wrote:
v3.0 is larger than even a castle. The inspiration was Oxford, but I still have some doubts because it feels really like a major bank like Dragon Utopia, and not a structure where you can learn 3 useless skills against 1 useful, to say roughly.
I agree!!! It looklikes a building where you may sell/buy units to/from your ennemies!! Very Happy

With Ragoon edition, it's more like a rich place lost in the desert, or something like that. Laughing

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: Adventure Map Objects   H3SW: Adventure Map Objects - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

H3SW: Adventure Map Objects
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3