~ Forums of Enroth ~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~ Forums of Enroth ~

The Enroth diehard fan community

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Songs of Conquest
Heroes of Might & Magic 1 mod Icon_minitimeby Blake01 2024-04-07, 15:14

» ...to XP run...
Heroes of Might & Magic 1 mod Icon_minitimeby CATMAN 2024-03-30, 03:16

» WARNING - The dreaded moment is here: Heroes 6 servers shutting down
Heroes of Might & Magic 1 mod Icon_minitimeby Blake01 2024-03-29, 23:04

» Songs of Silence (HoMM like game)
Heroes of Might & Magic 1 mod Icon_minitimeby Blake01 2024-03-27, 16:52

» Heroes Orchestra's 5th Birthday concerts with Paul Romero
Heroes of Might & Magic 1 mod Icon_minitimeby rrravyn 2024-03-23, 22:45

» fheroes2 General Announcements
Heroes of Might & Magic 1 mod Icon_minitimeby sirDranik 2024-03-17, 23:35

» Photo Gallery
Heroes of Might & Magic 1 mod Icon_minitimeby Sir Albe 2024-03-07, 06:57

Poll
Global announcements should be:
Everlasting, 1 for each project.
Heroes of Might & Magic 1 mod Redbar110%Heroes of Might & Magic 1 mod Redbar12
 0% [ 0 ]
Temporary, when there is something new to announce.
Heroes of Might & Magic 1 mod Redbar11100%Heroes of Might & Magic 1 mod Redbar12
 100% [ 6 ]
Holalala... No idea where the Ultimate artifact is.
Heroes of Might & Magic 1 mod Redbar110%Heroes of Might & Magic 1 mod Redbar12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6
Most Viewed Topics
H3SW: General Graphics discussion
Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW
Introduce yourself
H3SW General Discussion
H3SW Map List: Work in progress
H3SW: Dwelling Development
Forum Admins Feed
The Floody Land
Enrothian Fan Art
Heroes III: The Succession Wars v0.8.1 Beta

Heroes of Might & Magic 1 mod

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Blake01
Elf
Elf
Blake01

Quality Points : 30
Registration Date : 2019-06-09

Heroes of Might & Magic 1 mod Empty
PostSubject: Heroes of Might & Magic 1 mod   Heroes of Might & Magic 1 mod Icon_minitime2022-04-15, 22:25

Already posted this last year at CH and Sir Dranik made it very clear this was not on the cards which is perfectly understandable. In fact I kinda laugh my old post below as after getting back into playing HoMM1 and HoMM2 over the last few months it's become more and more obvious how different they actually are and difficult it would be to do this eg HoMM1's march larger creature assets. However since you've made this dedicated area for crazy future beyond 1.0 ideas and an enhanced HoMM1 in HD still a dream of mine I figured I'd stick it here just in case future fheroes modders (with more talent than I have) using your future 1.0 engine get inspired. Smile

----------------------------------

I know this question is going to sound crazy and will probably never happen as most people's love with HoMM began with HoMM2 but I started at HoMM1 back in 1995 (when it came on a PC Gamer demo disc) and still have huge love for its graphics & simplicity plus I especially love its colourful animating town screens with all the units in front of their dwellings doing their stuff lol. Despite the endless hours I've put into all it's sequels over the years I still come back to it every few years for a game. So I nearly friggin died when the HoMM3 Succession Wars mod team teased that HoMM1 mod April fools joke facebook post a few years back lol.

But anyway the question is once the FreeHoMM2 project is finished later this year would you guys in the new team maybe maybe maybe consider a modded HoMM1 version of your excellent work in the future? As HoMM2 was basically HoMM1 with a bunch of (great) stuff added on top so if the sub skills, 2 extra races, extra battle hexes, extra spells, units & heroes etc were disabled and the AI taught to not use them then you'd basically have a HoMM1 like engine ready for HoMM1 graphics import. Hell I'd even take a simpler/easier 'dirty' HoMM1 graphics import with all the extra HoMM2 stuff still left turned on lol. We have those lovely HD mods for HoMM3 & 4 now days so if this was done then that would be it, the final missing link and the whole series would be available in HD! Smile

The HoMM3 SW April Fools shot from a few years back..

Heroes of Might & Magic 1 mod Zkk9Cj1

Also in a recent conversation with H3SW guru Orzie over at HC I spoke more about 'the dream' too and posted a HoMM1 HD mock up photo inspired by fheroes2 HD appearance.

Quote :
Yet, someone once asked me if we are also going to make a H1-themed total conversion of H3. Smile

Was that before or after the time you guys in the HoMM3 Succession Wars mod team teased us all with the HoMM1 mod for HoMM3 April fools joke fake screenshot a few years ago haha. You broke my heart with that one as oh man would I love it lol.

Quote :
Quote :
If you ported H1 into H3 engine it wouldn't be H1 anymore.
Of course. Spending such insane amount of time and effort on a project which only transfers H1 to a modern engine is madness anyway. I'm pretty sure that people who suggested that enjoy only the visual side of H1.

Personally, I'm kinda another type of a player, for I really dislike Heroes 1 graphics, but I admire its simplicity and combat system instead. So that there is not much sense in porting it somewhere Smile

Well porting HoMM2 to HoMM3 makes it not really HoMM2 anymore either yet everybody loved the Succession Wars mod so what's the difference if someone did the same with HoMM1 haha?? I would argue that people loved H3SW because it gave them an expanded version of HoMM2 but still felt like HoMM2. Such a thing with HoMM1 would be just as awesome. Especially if HoMM1 looking versions of extra factions were done similar to how you guys added extra HoMM3 like factions to SW using HoMM2 art styles. HoMM1 versions of undead and wizard factions would be fascinating.

Yeah the visual and sound atmosphere of HoMM1 is certainly a big reason for our love. Unlike lujo I had no problem with larger battlefilds and other features from later HoMM games being mixed with HoMM1 graphics and sounds.

However I know no one will ever do do that as there's just not enough diehard talented HoMM1 fans who are also HoMM3 modders and I lack the skills and time to do it myself. But I'm grateful you guys imported the HoMM1 campaign maps into SW so people can enjoy them with HoMM2 & 3 gameplay enhancements as I've been replaying and loving them this week! Smile

Even without all the gameplay enhancements I'd just love the ability to play HoMM1 in HD on my big screen instead of it either being in a small window or blown up and stretched. We can now play HoMM4 in HD thanks to fan mods, we can play HoMM3 in HD thanks to the HD+ fan mod or the ubi remaster, and we can play HoMM2 in HD thanks to the FreeHeroes2 team. It's HoMM1 left now...

So I hold out a small hope that maybe once the FreeHeroes2 project reaches a finished or near finished state that maybe some might consider a HoMM1 mod for it. In fact after seeing how good HoMM2 looks in HD via fheroes2 I'm working on some mock HoMM1 in HD shots (I'll stick one below) for a video at the moment to that I'm hoping might inspire others more talented than me. Of course even that sort of project has it's own challenges as the HoMM1 creatures are a lot larger than HoMM2's so you can't just mod them in without making mega changes to their battle engine sadly.

but anyway.. it's nice to dream about haha.. the HD HoMM1 that will never be.. Smile

(Click to expand)

Heroes of Might & Magic 1 mod JF0tPHR

GodRage, dodge, ihhub and sirDranik like this post

Back to top Go down
https://blakessanctum.x10.mx/Games/HOMMSeries/
ihhub
Pikeman
Pikeman
ihhub

Quality Points : 17
Registration Date : 2020-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Might & Magic 1 mod   Heroes of Might & Magic 1 mod Icon_minitime2022-04-17, 23:36

I can say in short: technically it is possible and fheroes2 is much closer as an engine for such implementation than VCMI on which H3SW is based on. However, it is almost not feasible to do within reasonable period of time without a huge team or support.

GodRage and Blake01 like this post

Back to top Go down
Sir Albe
Mage
Mage
Sir Albe

Quality Points : 452
Registration Date : 2015-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Might & Magic 1 mod   Heroes of Might & Magic 1 mod Icon_minitime2022-04-18, 02:22

ihhub wrote:
I can say in short: technically it is possible and fheroes2 is much closer as an engine for such implementation than VCMI on which H3SW is based on. However, it is almost not feasible to do within reasonable period of time without a huge team or support.

Just to clarify, H3SW is based on ERA II, (luckily) not VCMI Wink

GodRage and Blake01 like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Might & Magic 1 mod   Heroes of Might & Magic 1 mod Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Heroes of Might & Magic 1 mod
Page 1 of 1