~ Forums of Enroth ~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~ Forums of Enroth ~

The Enroth diehard fan community

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Songs of Conquest
Seventh creature for Wizard - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Blake01 2024-04-07, 15:14

» ...to XP run...
Seventh creature for Wizard - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby CATMAN 2024-03-30, 03:16

» WARNING - The dreaded moment is here: Heroes 6 servers shutting down
Seventh creature for Wizard - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Blake01 2024-03-29, 23:04

» Songs of Silence (HoMM like game)
Seventh creature for Wizard - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Blake01 2024-03-27, 16:52

» Heroes Orchestra's 5th Birthday concerts with Paul Romero
Seventh creature for Wizard - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby rrravyn 2024-03-23, 22:45

» fheroes2 General Announcements
Seventh creature for Wizard - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby sirDranik 2024-03-17, 23:35

» Photo Gallery
Seventh creature for Wizard - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Sir Albe 2024-03-07, 06:57

Poll
Global announcements should be:
Everlasting, 1 for each project.
Seventh creature for Wizard - Page 2 Redbar110%Seventh creature for Wizard - Page 2 Redbar12
 0% [ 0 ]
Temporary, when there is something new to announce.
Seventh creature for Wizard - Page 2 Redbar11100%Seventh creature for Wizard - Page 2 Redbar12
 100% [ 6 ]
Holalala... No idea where the Ultimate artifact is.
Seventh creature for Wizard - Page 2 Redbar110%Seventh creature for Wizard - Page 2 Redbar12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6
Most Viewed Topics
H3SW: General Graphics discussion
Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW
Introduce yourself
H3SW General Discussion
H3SW Map List: Work in progress
H3SW: Dwelling Development
Forum Admins Feed
The Floody Land
Enrothian Fan Art
Heroes III: The Succession Wars v0.8.1 Beta

Seventh creature for Wizard

Go down 
+10
buffkaz
NikitaTheTanner
DeathLust
Dr Slash
Galaad
Talanin
robizeratul
YhyJasne
Sir Albe
Uhm
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

Quality Points : 843
Registration Date : 2014-12-12

Seventh creature for Wizard - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seventh creature for Wizard   Seventh creature for Wizard - Page 2 Icon_minitime2016-12-10, 02:33

Your English is perfectly fine. I just need to sleep more. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sir Albe
Mage
Mage
Sir Albe

Quality Points : 452
Registration Date : 2015-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Seventh creature for Wizard   Seventh creature for Wizard - Page 2 Icon_minitime2016-12-10, 03:10

I reconsider all the possibilities again and I still found the gnome to be the best choice. I actually think I have begun to grow fond of him Smile
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: Seventh creature for Wizard   Seventh creature for Wizard - Page 2 Icon_minitime2016-12-10, 03:13

I also think that the Gnome can still be adjusted, there's a lot of things that can still be done. The Manticore may very well find use in the game anyway, because it's mythological enough, even if it won't make its way to the Dervish.

Offtop:
Back to top Go down
NikitaTheTanner
Nomad
Nomad
NikitaTheTanner

Quality Points : 12
Registration Date : 2015-10-15

PostSubject: About the gnome   Seventh creature for Wizard - Page 2 Icon_minitime2016-12-10, 12:09

Hi, guys, long time no see! Kept reading the forums, but didn't contribute much in a long time.

About the gnome, I was thinking that maybe it needs just a bit more flavour. As it is now, it looks cool, but at the same time I see a Mage whose height is that of the Halfling. Which is not great IMO. But maybe, if the gnome was more unique, he would actually look good!

Why not make him more of an engineer or a technician, the guy who assembles and maintains mage's large golem armies? Sure, he doesn't need to be Forge like high-tech, but that is the niche that is currently empty in the game. No technicians in the game so far, but the idea of small gnome engineers truly has some fairytale spirit behind it!

He can still play his role with teleportation and melee-magic attacks, just give him an apron and goggles to alter his appearance. As for the style of attacks, it can be sort of electrical power, just not too sci-fi, more fantasy like. Something fitting the tone of the castle. That would also tie them to giants a little bit.

Or maybe they can use oil lamps to burn their enemies, IDK... Just a joke, but they can use a variety of attacks and don't have to be limited only to their tools.

Seventh creature for Wizard - Page 2 H5VKF29
Back to top Go down
Ragoon
Minotaur
Minotaur
Ragoon

Quality Points : 350
Registration Date : 2016-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Seventh creature for Wizard   Seventh creature for Wizard - Page 2 Icon_minitime2016-12-10, 12:27

I love that idea! Engineer, that's what it was lacking! You inspired me a bit lad, after im done with the harpy I'll try to get my hands on the gnome if I'll not be distracted by any dwelling :p
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/ragoon97
Ragoon
Minotaur
Minotaur
Ragoon

PostSubject: Re: Seventh creature for Wizard   Seventh creature for Wizard - Page 2 Icon_minitime2016-12-10, 12:30

Even just adding a hammer into his hand would make a lot of difference. Also have some options with tweaking the colors thanks to the lineup.
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: Seventh creature for Wizard   Seventh creature for Wizard - Page 2 Icon_minitime2016-12-10, 14:45

Be careful with weapons or instruments though. There is little chance they will really fit. The Gnome hypothetically can be a some kind of artificer, but with a magical background. Teleport movement also should exist.
Back to top Go down
NikitaTheTanner
Nomad
Nomad
NikitaTheTanner

PostSubject: About the dwelling   Seventh creature for Wizard - Page 2 Icon_minitime2017-01-19, 01:45

I was thinking some more about the gnome and IF he'll be an artificer of sorts (as Orzie put it), it might be a cool idea to make his dwelling a clock tower! It's so cliche and simple, that really fits HoMM 2 IMO.

Unlike giant mushroom, which fits Sorceress' forest much more, clock tower will look right at home in the Wizards town, along with Golems' foundry.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: Seventh creature for Wizard   Seventh creature for Wizard - Page 2 Icon_minitime2017-01-19, 01:51

You must also think about the specific townscreen - namely Wizard. I don't know how to implement such a structure there since there is already a Foundry which is looking in the most simple way.
Back to top Go down
NikitaTheTanner
Nomad
Nomad
NikitaTheTanner

PostSubject: Re: Seventh creature for Wizard   Seventh creature for Wizard - Page 2 Icon_minitime2017-01-19, 02:06

I was thinking about something like this (pardon my drawing skills)

Seventh creature for Wizard - Page 2 ZqN8j2c
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: Seventh creature for Wizard   Seventh creature for Wizard - Page 2 Icon_minitime2017-01-19, 02:09

That can be considered as a starting option, yes. Not for v0.8, unfortunately, but still there can be something to work around.
For now, the mushroom used on the adventure map will remain the active form of the dwelling.

Something like Clock Tower could be a nice reference to H3 Gremlins and not be too much high-tech in design.

The place you filled fits more for the Resource Silo, however. We'll see about that in future.
Back to top Go down
buffkaz
Nomad
Nomad
buffkaz

Quality Points : 40
Registration Date : 2015-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Seventh creature for Wizard   Seventh creature for Wizard - Page 2 Icon_minitime2017-01-20, 07:19

A clock tower should be one of the highest structures in a city. The cloud castle wins obviously Wink

Come to think of it. I'm pretty sure the cloudcastle is as low as it is right now because of a space issue.
Back to top Go down
Ragoon
Minotaur
Minotaur
Ragoon

PostSubject: Re: Seventh creature for Wizard   Seventh creature for Wizard - Page 2 Icon_minitime2017-01-20, 07:33

I agree, lowering castle and commander quarters should help there, but we're not going to have this townscreen for the beta I think.

BTW Wyvern animations are coming
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: Seventh creature for Wizard   Seventh creature for Wizard - Page 2 Icon_minitime2017-01-20, 15:56

We won't require lowering anything, you forget that H3 townscreens are considerably bigger in size and we will anyway have a lot of additional space from the extended skies. Smile

Contrary, we might lift the Cloud Castle up instead.
Back to top Go down
Agar
Elf
Elf
Agar

Quality Points : 160
Registration Date : 2015-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Seventh creature for Wizard   Seventh creature for Wizard - Page 2 Icon_minitime2017-01-22, 00:59

Ок, it makes no sense, but I wanted to do)
Seventh creature for Wizard - Page 2 505e61052a35
Back to top Go down
Ragoon
Minotaur
Minotaur
Ragoon

PostSubject: Re: Seventh creature for Wizard   Seventh creature for Wizard - Page 2 Icon_minitime2017-01-22, 01:09

Recolor and you have nice statue for dervish castle :v
Back to top Go down
Galaad
Elf
Elf
Galaad

Quality Points : 85
Registration Date : 2015-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Seventh creature for Wizard   Seventh creature for Wizard - Page 2 Icon_minitime2017-01-23, 10:41

Agar wrote:
Ок, it makes no sense, but I wanted to do)
Spoiler:

It looks awesome!  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
robizeratul
Elf
Elf
robizeratul

Quality Points : 32
Registration Date : 2015-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Seventh creature for Wizard   Seventh creature for Wizard - Page 2 Icon_minitime2017-01-29, 04:14

I was playing H2 and wondering...

What about an 8th creature ? In the clasic H2 game you had 1 less slot than available creatures. Would this work for SWMod ?

Has this been debated ? Of course, not for the 0.8, even the 0.9 release, but down the line in the far future...
Back to top Go down
Sir Albe
Mage
Mage
Sir Albe

Quality Points : 452
Registration Date : 2015-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Seventh creature for Wizard   Seventh creature for Wizard - Page 2 Icon_minitime2017-01-29, 04:42

Well, except for the fact that it would require tremendous amounts (as many of the ideas Smile ) I actually don't think it is needed, since in H2 there is a huge gap between lvl 5 and lvl 6 creatures making lvl 6 creatures very unique and strong. This I try to carry over to H3SW creatures (without ruining balance ect.) and thus there is already a creature that takes the space of "extraordinary powerful", so I don't think it is needed Smile
Back to top Go down
Baronus
Nomad
Nomad
Baronus

Quality Points : 1
Registration Date : 2016-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Seventh creature for Wizard   Seventh creature for Wizard - Page 2 Icon_minitime2017-01-31, 08:01

Very good! Have you biggest version these sphinx?
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: Seventh creature for Wizard   Seventh creature for Wizard - Page 2 Icon_minitime2017-01-31, 18:31

In fact, Heroes 2 even didn't require a 7th creature for each faction. It's only Heroes 3 basis which forced us to extend the lineups.

Like I said before in Designer's notes for the canonical factions, there is very little space left for new creatures. MMVI is already pushing the limits and that was my intention from the very start, because that game is set in the same universe and features the same continent (Enroth). You can call it personal initiative - however, it solves many problems in the long run. As you could see, people who didn't play the RPG part of MM (HoMM) series, deemed some concepts questionable.
Back to top Go down
Baronus
Nomad
Nomad
Baronus

PostSubject: Re: Seventh creature for Wizard   Seventh creature for Wizard - Page 2 Icon_minitime2017-02-02, 06:08

7th creature is very needed. In HII we have choice 5 form 6. Now 5 from 7. Its better. I suggest 5 creature limit.
Back to top Go down
Ragoon
Minotaur
Minotaur
Ragoon

PostSubject: Re: Seventh creature for Wizard   Seventh creature for Wizard - Page 2 Icon_minitime2017-02-02, 06:25

You can sugest, but I doubt if it is a good idea.
It will stay as it is so 7 hero/town slots and 7 creatures.
Back to top Go down
Baronus
Nomad
Nomad
Baronus

PostSubject: Re: Seventh creature for Wizard   Seventh creature for Wizard - Page 2 Icon_minitime2017-02-04, 06:41

Weird if you build something like HII and doubt that 5 creatures is good idea... In HII is only 5 creatures from 6. More choice is better than no choice.
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: Seventh creature for Wizard   Seventh creature for Wizard - Page 2 Icon_minitime2017-02-04, 06:47

Baronus wrote:
Weird if you build something like HII and doubt that 5 creatures is good idea... In HII is only 5 creatures from 6. More choice is better than no choice.

7 slots is 7 slots, and you can do nothing with that. That aspect is in the favor of H3 mechanics.

Quote :
In HII we have choice 5 form 6. Now 5 from 7. Its better.

Not only it's not better (NWC would do that for Heroes 3 otherwise), but it is also impossible to implement without an incredibly difficult interface overhaul so it will not look ugly. Not interested.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seventh creature for Wizard   Seventh creature for Wizard - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Seventh creature for Wizard
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next