~ Forums of Enroth ~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~ Forums of Enroth ~

The Enroth diehard fan community

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Songs of Conquest
Feature requests: General topic - Page 3 Icon_minitimeby Blake01 2024-04-07, 15:14

» ...to XP run...
Feature requests: General topic - Page 3 Icon_minitimeby CATMAN 2024-03-30, 03:16

» WARNING - The dreaded moment is here: Heroes 6 servers shutting down
Feature requests: General topic - Page 3 Icon_minitimeby Blake01 2024-03-29, 23:04

» Songs of Silence (HoMM like game)
Feature requests: General topic - Page 3 Icon_minitimeby Blake01 2024-03-27, 16:52

» Heroes Orchestra's 5th Birthday concerts with Paul Romero
Feature requests: General topic - Page 3 Icon_minitimeby rrravyn 2024-03-23, 22:45

» fheroes2 General Announcements
Feature requests: General topic - Page 3 Icon_minitimeby sirDranik 2024-03-17, 23:35

» Photo Gallery
Feature requests: General topic - Page 3 Icon_minitimeby Sir Albe 2024-03-07, 06:57

Poll
Global announcements should be:
Everlasting, 1 for each project.
Feature requests: General topic - Page 3 Redbar110%Feature requests: General topic - Page 3 Redbar12
 0% [ 0 ]
Temporary, when there is something new to announce.
Feature requests: General topic - Page 3 Redbar11100%Feature requests: General topic - Page 3 Redbar12
 100% [ 6 ]
Holalala... No idea where the Ultimate artifact is.
Feature requests: General topic - Page 3 Redbar110%Feature requests: General topic - Page 3 Redbar12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6
Most Viewed Topics
H3SW: General Graphics discussion
Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW
Introduce yourself
H3SW General Discussion
H3SW Map List: Work in progress
H3SW: Dwelling Development
Forum Admins Feed
The Floody Land
Enrothian Fan Art
Heroes III: The Succession Wars v0.8.1 Beta

Feature requests: General topic

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Darmani_
Anonymous

Feature requests: General topic - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feature requests: General topic   Feature requests: General topic - Page 3 Icon_minitime2015-07-22, 06:12

My preference is still to try to aim for one cohesive Ironfist experience. Good game design and balance is hard though, and it is certainly much easier to make map editors do all the work.

Whether the AI can use something should not be too much of a concern -- there are already spells it doesn't know how to use, such as Teleport. The AI is fairly hopeless in a lot of ways.

I'll have to check the map headers for how it handles player allies, but I think this should be very easy -- and I would not have thought of it. Good job.
Back to top Go down
Orzie_
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Feature requests: General topic   Feature requests: General topic - Page 3 Icon_minitime2015-07-22, 06:12

By the way, I have an idea with a new secondary skill, if PI will be ever ready for such a development. It is the Magic Resistance (for example, 10/20/30 percent of magic damage absorbed). You can even guess which class could get this skill as a faction skill Wink
Back to top Go down
Darmani_
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Feature requests: General topic   Feature requests: General topic - Page 3 Icon_minitime2015-07-22, 06:13

So, I just had a look at the code for allies. Is this really all that allies means:

1) The AI does not attack its aliles
2) You can still win even if your allies are alive

So....is that all there is? Messing with the ally system doesn't seem that useful if so, unless we do a more complete overhaul. (Given that we don't yet support multiplayer, probably not yet that interesting.)
Back to top Go down
Orzie_
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Feature requests: General topic   Feature requests: General topic - Page 3 Icon_minitime2015-07-22, 06:15

I would only vote for toggling shared vision and a more flexible ally system where specific colors can be allied.
Ah, and disabling an ability to capture allied towns would also come in handy.
Back to top Go down
Darmani_
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Feature requests: General topic   Feature requests: General topic - Page 3 Icon_minitime2015-07-22, 06:16

It sounds relatively easy to add a ShareVision scripting function. That I can do.
Back to top Go down
GodRage_
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Feature requests: General topic   Feature requests: General topic - Page 3 Icon_minitime2015-07-22, 06:16

Wow! Shared vision with allied would be awesome! Smile
And also entering in allied castle to learn some magic! Smile
(give artefact/creatures to an allied hero? :p)
I wish you good luck ! Smile
Back to top Go down
Darmani_
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Feature requests: General topic   Feature requests: General topic - Page 3 Icon_minitime2015-07-22, 06:17

Shared vision is out! Making that was a lot of fun. Thanks for the idea.
Back to top Go down
baal80_
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Feature requests: General topic   Feature requests: General topic - Page 3 Icon_minitime2015-07-22, 06:18

Hello,

is it possible to run Project Ironfist in windowed mode?
Back to top Go down
Darmani_
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Feature requests: General topic   Feature requests: General topic - Page 3 Icon_minitime2015-07-22, 06:19

Yes! That's actually the main way I run it.
Back to top Go down
baal80_
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Feature requests: General topic   Feature requests: General topic - Page 3 Icon_minitime2015-07-22, 06:20

Um well, can you tell me how to do it? Smile

When I launch ironfist.exe, it runs fullscreen. I have H2 GOLD DOS version from GOG.
Back to top Go down
Darmani_
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Feature requests: General topic   Feature requests: General topic - Page 3 Icon_minitime2015-07-22, 06:20

Same way you do it for the original game: press F4.

By the way, the forums are currently moving to the Forums of Enroth, https://heroes2.forumactif.com/t212p45-feature-requests#1034 . This forum will be frozen within an hour.
Back to top Go down
baal80
Peasant
Peasant
baal80

Quality Points : 0
Registration Date : 2015-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Feature requests: General topic   Feature requests: General topic - Page 3 Icon_minitime2015-07-23, 03:39

Thank you, I had no idea you could do that! :joker:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Feature requests: General topic   Feature requests: General topic - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Feature requests: General topic
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3