Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW
H3SW General Discussion
H3SW: Dwelling Development
H3SW Map List: Work in progress
Enrothian Fan Art
Dervish Faction General Concept
Commanders?
Серия книг "Земли Меча и Магии"
H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You!

Share | 

H3SW General Discussion

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
Wayshan
Peasant
Peasant

Quality Points : 2
Registration Date : 2018-02-06

PostSubject: Communication   2018-02-08, 12:28

Hello boys,

I am very glad that I see the progress you are all making and that we are gonna have the SW mod in some time. However, I think that you really should reconsider your approach towards your audience. This forum is pretty much hidden to a lot of people. It's not that easy to find it and even here the news isn't presented as they could be.

I do not mean to offend you, I believe you put a lot of time and effort into this. I am just worried that your communication (especially on Facebook) is not what it should be. Your audience should always know what is being done, at what people work, how is the work being done. You don't have to announce deadlines, release dates or anything. Just keep us (or them ^^) know, how the project stands. It's ok to know that it will take some time, it's ok to know that nobody has time to work on the project, but it's really bad if people don't have any information.

I hope I might contribute this project in some way. I am more than willing to help you improve your communication so don't hesitate to contact me. I can also help with testing. I want to help you guys, it's just I can't do anything connected to graphics, design or scripting Embarassed

Think of this only as about constructive critique and feedback from an interested fan. Good luck with everything and thanks for your time!
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder

Quality Points : 688
Registration Date : 2014-12-12

PostSubject: Re: H3SW General Discussion   2018-02-09, 02:34

Hello and welcome to Forums of Enroth!

You are not the first to express a particular point of view concerning the promotion of our info sources. However, sometimes people just can see only things which are on the surface.

There is a particular reason why we don't promote (yet) this forum as well as other resources: we don't have a stable release. I don't have time for chatting like I did 3,4,5 years ago. If someone will be able to help with Facebook posts, it's good, but everything makes sense only after we have a game to play. For now, only the team does, and it's not yet ready.

In the nearest future, things will change.

Hope you understand my point. It's fun to read comments and stuff, but 99+% of modding projects are vaporware, meaning that they are just pretty images with positive comments. We are different, and this is why I'd like to save my time for the actual work.

The new update on Facebook should have been posted already, but unfortunately I am deadly busy until 9-10th of February, so I cannot start the closed beta test yet. After that time, the test will be started regardless if we fix the creature banks/dragon upgrades/dervish dwellings/heretic generation/whatever, pretty images included.

P.S. PhD education sucks. Sad

Wayshan
Peasant
Peasant

Quality Points : 2
Registration Date : 2018-02-06

PostSubject: Re: H3SW General Discussion   2018-02-09, 03:08

Thanks for a warm welcome,

I completely understand this. I was part of several HoMaM and Warcraft III modding communities and I've invested quite some time in these projects.

That's why I believe I can understand how you are feeling about this, but also what you might be missing. It does not matter, that you do not have the release date.

The important thing here is to let people know, that project is not dead. The more you promote, the more people get interested, therefore new people might come and help you to finish the project or provide you with useful feedback.

Without any information, of course, we see things only on the surface. That is another helpful aspect of a good PR - you can explain your audience what is going on and why the project is at this particular stage of development.

As I stated above, I am more than willing to help you with your communication. You can PM me if you decide that you want to give me a try =)

P.S. Yeah, I can't imagine. Just my bachelor is giving me some hard time right now  lol
P.P.S. I want Czech Sorceress hero flag =( =D
Back to top Go down
GodRage
Webmaster
Webmaster

Quality Points : 161
Registration Date : 2009-09-21

PostSubject: Re: H3SW General Discussion   2018-02-09, 04:05

Wayshan wrote:
P.P.S. I want Czech Sorceress hero flag =( =D
Czech Sorceress

Wayshan