~ Forums of Enroth ~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~ Forums of Enroth ~

The Enroth diehard fan community

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Songs of Conquest
HoMM Multiplayer doesn't work on modern OS? Icon_minitimeby Blake01 2024-04-07, 15:14

» ...to XP run...
HoMM Multiplayer doesn't work on modern OS? Icon_minitimeby CATMAN 2024-03-30, 03:16

» WARNING - The dreaded moment is here: Heroes 6 servers shutting down
HoMM Multiplayer doesn't work on modern OS? Icon_minitimeby Blake01 2024-03-29, 23:04

» Songs of Silence (HoMM like game)
HoMM Multiplayer doesn't work on modern OS? Icon_minitimeby Blake01 2024-03-27, 16:52

» Heroes Orchestra's 5th Birthday concerts with Paul Romero
HoMM Multiplayer doesn't work on modern OS? Icon_minitimeby rrravyn 2024-03-23, 22:45

» fheroes2 General Announcements
HoMM Multiplayer doesn't work on modern OS? Icon_minitimeby sirDranik 2024-03-17, 23:35

» Photo Gallery
HoMM Multiplayer doesn't work on modern OS? Icon_minitimeby Sir Albe 2024-03-07, 06:57

Poll
Global announcements should be:
Everlasting, 1 for each project.
HoMM Multiplayer doesn't work on modern OS? Redbar110%HoMM Multiplayer doesn't work on modern OS? Redbar12
 0% [ 0 ]
Temporary, when there is something new to announce.
HoMM Multiplayer doesn't work on modern OS? Redbar11100%HoMM Multiplayer doesn't work on modern OS? Redbar12
 100% [ 6 ]
Holalala... No idea where the Ultimate artifact is.
HoMM Multiplayer doesn't work on modern OS? Redbar110%HoMM Multiplayer doesn't work on modern OS? Redbar12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6
Most Viewed Topics
H3SW: General Graphics discussion
Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW
Introduce yourself
H3SW General Discussion
H3SW Map List: Work in progress
H3SW: Dwelling Development
Forum Admins Feed
The Floody Land
Enrothian Fan Art
Heroes III: The Succession Wars v0.8.1 Beta

HoMM Multiplayer doesn't work on modern OS?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
DarkAtom
Pikeman
Pikeman
DarkAtom

Quality Points : 6
Registration Date : 2018-02-27

HoMM Multiplayer doesn't work on modern OS? Empty
PostSubject: HoMM Multiplayer doesn't work on modern OS?   HoMM Multiplayer doesn't work on modern OS? Icon_minitime2020-12-13, 22:03

I tried to create a H2 Multiplayer game on my LAN (Local Area Network), but it didn't work, even though a few years ago it worked.

I connected my desktop PC to the router via an Ethernet cable, and connected my laptop to the same router using Wi-Fi. I selected TCP/IP->Host in the game on my desktop computer and I saw that the IP address the game listed was wrong. Apparently, it was listing the IP address of my VirtualBox network adapter, so I disabled all network adapters except the one I was using. The game listed the correct IP address and started waiting for players.

I started the game on my laptop, selected TCP/IP->Guest and typed in the host IP address. Surprisingly, the game was not found and the 2 computers were just sitting there looking for a game Neutral. I also tried switching the host and the guest, but no result.

I tried to set the network as either public or private, with or without network discovery and none worked. I read that the issue might be related to DirectPlay, so I enabled it in "Turn Windows features on or off" on both computers (both are running Windows 10 x64), but it still didn't work.

I tried doing the same thing using Heroes III, but surprisingly, it also didn't work Crying or Very sad (I don't have Heroes IV installed on my laptop, I would have tried that as well).

Can anybody lend some help?
Back to top Go down
GodRage
Webmaster
Webmaster
GodRage

Quality Points : 229
Registration Date : 2009-09-21

PostSubject: Re: HoMM Multiplayer doesn't work on modern OS?   HoMM Multiplayer doesn't work on modern OS? Icon_minitime2020-12-15, 01:29

Maybe something about Ports to open to your router? TCP/UDP?
Did you use local ip?

Outside theses 2 points, I can't help you. HoMM Multiplayer doesn't work on modern OS? 3862677156

I wish you good...Knowledge. HoMM Multiplayer doesn't work on modern OS? 589285140

DarkAtom
Pikeman
Pikeman
DarkAtom

Quality Points : 6
Registration Date : 2018-02-27

PostSubject: Re: HoMM Multiplayer doesn't work on modern OS?   HoMM Multiplayer doesn't work on modern OS? Icon_minitime2020-12-15, 04:23

GodRage wrote:
Maybe something about Ports to open to your router? TCP/UDP?
Did you use local ip?

Outside theses 2 points, I can't help you. HoMM Multiplayer doesn't work on modern OS? 3862677156

I wish you good...Knowledge. HoMM Multiplayer doesn't work on modern OS? 589285140

Of course I used my local IP, they are 2 computers playing on the same network, my global IP shouldn't matter because I am not connecting to the Internet.

I don't know which port(s) Heroes II uses for TCP/IP. Also not sure about UDP, I don't think the game supports it.

Well, I am asking this question because I am not sure whether it's a problem on my side or whether it's yet another functionality that doesn't work on modern systems (looking at you, Windows 10).

GodRage likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HoMM Multiplayer doesn't work on modern OS?   HoMM Multiplayer doesn't work on modern OS? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HoMM Multiplayer doesn't work on modern OS?
Page 1 of 1