~ Forums of Enroth ~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~ Forums of Enroth ~

The Enroth diehard fan community

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Songs of Conquest
Project Ironfist announcements - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Blake01 2024-04-07, 15:14

» ...to XP run...
Project Ironfist announcements - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby CATMAN 2024-03-30, 03:16

» WARNING - The dreaded moment is here: Heroes 6 servers shutting down
Project Ironfist announcements - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Blake01 2024-03-29, 23:04

» Songs of Silence (HoMM like game)
Project Ironfist announcements - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Blake01 2024-03-27, 16:52

» Heroes Orchestra's 5th Birthday concerts with Paul Romero
Project Ironfist announcements - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby rrravyn 2024-03-23, 22:45

» fheroes2 General Announcements
Project Ironfist announcements - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby sirDranik 2024-03-17, 23:35

» Photo Gallery
Project Ironfist announcements - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Sir Albe 2024-03-07, 06:57

Poll
Global announcements should be:
Everlasting, 1 for each project.
Project Ironfist announcements - Page 2 Redbar110%Project Ironfist announcements - Page 2 Redbar12
 0% [ 0 ]
Temporary, when there is something new to announce.
Project Ironfist announcements - Page 2 Redbar11100%Project Ironfist announcements - Page 2 Redbar12
 100% [ 6 ]
Holalala... No idea where the Ultimate artifact is.
Project Ironfist announcements - Page 2 Redbar110%Project Ironfist announcements - Page 2 Redbar12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6
Most Viewed Topics
H3SW: General Graphics discussion
Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW
Introduce yourself
H3SW General Discussion
H3SW Map List: Work in progress
H3SW: Dwelling Development
Forum Admins Feed
The Floody Land
Enrothian Fan Art
Heroes III: The Succession Wars v0.8.1 Beta

Project Ironfist announcements

Go down 
+11
openmind
achandab
Steven Aus
Unknown_Hero
Darmani
Dark Dragon
Baronus
Orzie
robizeratul
Sir Albe
kuj0317
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Darmani
Master Modder
Master Modder
Darmani

Quality Points : 47
Registration Date : 2014-12-27

Project Ironfist announcements - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project Ironfist announcements   Project Ironfist announcements - Page 2 Icon_minitime2017-07-13, 04:58

Subdued and controlled by magical means, the Cyber Behemoths are cyclopes that have been augmented with cranial implants and cybernetic attachments. With their plasma cannon on their back and their jump powered by rocket boots, the Cyber Behemoths form the ultimate menace in the Cyborg army.

You have waited. And you have been rewarded. For today, we release our new version of Ironfist, and with it, the fearsome Cyber Behemoth. Their powerful 5×5 explosive attack can be the end of many an opponent…but be careful, for you only have two shots.

Play it in our new map “Behemoth Path,” and see how one Cyber Behemoth, commanded by a lone knight with some strategic maneuvering, can take on overwhelming armies, and reclaim your family heirloom from the dragon hoard.

Behold, Ironfist 1.3.0. Download it now.

Project Ironfist announcements - Page 2 Behemoth-Projectile-Blast-2-Part-2-300x213

Music

HoMM II was the first game ever to feature operatic vocals, and features an excellent score by famed video game composer Paul Romero. For many years, versions of HoMM II such as the GOG.com version could only play the choppy MIDI versions. Ironfist had been similar, until now. We are pleased to announce that Ironfist now has full support for CD music, and will work out of the box with CD music when installed on top of the GOG.com version.

Oh, and did I mention there will be more music? We’ve recruited a very talented composer, and look forward to releasing some of his work.

For the Mapmakers

We’ve made some improvements to the Ironfist map editor, of which the most notable is the undo button. In the original Heroes II editor, you can only undo one step; now, in the Ironfist editor, you can undo many. Making a mistake is now much less of a big deal.

We’ve also implemented a major overhaul of the scripting system. Adding your own abilities and quests is easier than ever thanks to new features such as callbacks, modules, and deep binding. Details of the overhaul are given here, and examples are given in the introduction to scripting.

Team Openings

Ironfist is recruiting a new programmer. Do you want to turn your C++ skills into new features for one of the best PC strategy games ever? This role may be for you.

We are also looking for players willing to volunteer as testers for our new maps.

Contact homm2ironfist@gmail.com if interested in either position.

And More

From a significantly improved loading time and stability improvements, to lots of new scripting functions to use in your maps, we’ve made quite a few smaller changes to Ironfist. See the full list in the release notes.

Things to Come

Though things have been quiet on the outside here at Ironfist HQ, on the inside, we’ve been busier than ever. New maps, creatures, and features are arriving like clockwork as the new Cyborg faction comes to fruition. Although this release just contains the first of the new Cyborg creatures, we have finished the artwork for all 6 of them, and are rapidly finishing the coding and sounds for the last few. There is more to come.

Happy gaming,

Jimmy “Darmani” Koppel

Executive Producer, Project Ironfist
Back to top Go down
Darmani
Master Modder
Master Modder
Darmani

PostSubject: Re: Project Ironfist announcements   Project Ironfist announcements - Page 2 Icon_minitime2017-08-29, 18:17

Shocking! The Cyber Kobold Spearman

Project Ironfist announcements - Page 2 Kobold_portrait

In their short time on Enroth , the Cyborgs have been busy turning the local creatures into an army. You’ve seen the Behemoth; now meet the Kobold.

Although individually weak, kobolds make an attractive addition to any army because of their loyalty and sheer speed of breeding. The Cyber Kobolds have been enhanced, with half of their cranium changed to metal and armor fused to their chest. Their strength has been enhanced, and tests show that, with a thrust of their spear, they can easily pierce a plate of steel. Within the hilt of their spear lies an energy source, which gives their spear a lightning that can strike two enemies in a row.

The Cyber Kobold Spearman. Coming soon to a Cyborg army near you!

Project Ironfist announcements - Page 2 Keep_this_one
Back to top Go down
Unknown_Hero
Mage
Mage
Unknown_Hero

Quality Points : 78
Registration Date : 2015-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Project Ironfist announcements   Project Ironfist announcements - Page 2 Icon_minitime2019-05-24, 00:02

Hello Darmani,

After all this waiting, maybe it's time to set up "the big monthly update and the smallest update every two weeks". Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Darmani
Master Modder
Master Modder
Darmani

PostSubject: Re: Project Ironfist announcements   Project Ironfist announcements - Page 2 Icon_minitime2019-05-26, 09:07

Hi UH,

That wound up not being sustainable for the project as it stands currently.

Expect a lot to happen in July, and not a lot to happen before July.
Back to top Go down
Unknown_Hero
Mage
Mage
Unknown_Hero

PostSubject: Re: Project Ironfist announcements   Project Ironfist announcements - Page 2 Icon_minitime2019-05-26, 09:55

Okay, thanks for the news. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
openmind
Peasant
Peasant
openmind

Quality Points : 0
Registration Date : 2019-09-16

PostSubject: Re: Project Ironfist announcements   Project Ironfist announcements - Page 2 Icon_minitime2019-09-17, 08:14

Unknown_Hero wrote:
Hello Darmani,

After all this waiting, maybe it's time to set up "the big monthly update and the smallest update every two weeks". Very Happy

I installed ironfist-install-1.3.0.
I use GoG dos version Heroes of Might and Magic 2.
After install and run , I got that error message and can't run.
How to fix this error?

Project Ironfist announcements - Page 2 RnlJwM1

Sad
Back to top Go down
Unknown_Hero
Mage
Mage
Unknown_Hero

PostSubject: Re: Project Ironfist announcements   Project Ironfist announcements - Page 2 Icon_minitime2019-09-17, 23:00

Ironfist is supposed to be installed on a Windows version of Heroes of Might and Magic 2, I doubt that it works with a Dos version of the game.
It should work with Heroes of Might and Magic II: Price of Loyalty or Heroes of Might and Magic II Gold for Windows.
Back to top Go down
Darmani
Master Modder
Master Modder
Darmani

PostSubject: Re: Project Ironfist announcements   Project Ironfist announcements - Page 2 Icon_minitime2019-10-04, 12:32

Actually, Ironfist is explicitly designed to install over the GOG.com version.

I am looking into this and will get back to you. In the future, for a faster response, either PM me or E-mail homm2ironfist@gmail.com .
Back to top Go down
evanisdead
Gargoyle
Gargoyle
evanisdead

Quality Points : 9
Registration Date : 2020-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Project Ironfist announcements   Project Ironfist announcements - Page 2 Icon_minitime2020-01-03, 04:06

Very impressive work! I have very little understanding of how reverse-engineering works, as I've only began to study programming (Java and C# being what I work with). Will the unmodified source code ever be publicly revealed?
Back to top Go down
Darmani
Master Modder
Master Modder
Darmani

PostSubject: Re: Project Ironfist announcements   Project Ironfist announcements - Page 2 Icon_minitime2020-01-30, 13:24

Hi evanisdead,

You can view the decompiled source here: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/jkoppel/project-ironfist/master/src/raw_decompiled/HEROES2W.c
Back to top Go down
GodRage
Webmaster
Webmaster
GodRage

Quality Points : 228
Registration Date : 2009-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Project Ironfist announcements   Project Ironfist announcements - Page 2 Icon_minitime2020-02-11, 09:44

Darmani wrote:
Actually, Ironfist is explicitly designed to install over the GOG.com version.
Just to notice everybody that...Ironfist 1.3.0 work perfectly when installed over a French windows edition of Price of Loyalty 2.0. Project Ironfist announcements - Page 2 589285140
And so I guess it should work on any localised version of Price of Loyalty. Project Ironfist announcements - Page 2 164599763

But editing with Regedit was absolutely necessary, so it would be a plus if the installation of Ironfist was automatically setting the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\New World Computing\Heroes of Might and Magic 2\1.0
"Main Game Full Screen" to "0"

I honestly didn't saw the memo on the website, when I tried it some years ago confused I'm quite hyped for the 1.4!! Project Ironfist announcements - Page 2 589285140
Back to top Go down
http://homm2.free.fr
Darmani
Master Modder
Master Modder
Darmani

PostSubject: Re: Project Ironfist announcements   Project Ironfist announcements - Page 2 Icon_minitime2020-08-16, 17:51

It’s been quiet in Enroth since the war. But there have been rumors something is afoot. Strange castles have been popping up. Some say that it’s the doing of ghosts come to revive the Ancient ruins lying around. Some say they’ve been sent by the gods to combat evil. Peasants report sightings of a metal man — some kind of visitor, from another world, or another time.

One thing is agreed: the few who have gazed upon these castles speak of them as a marvel, of a harmony between iron and nature, and long to return.

Today, the world takes its first gaze upon this marvel: The Ironfist Team is pleased to announce the completion of the Cyborg Castle.

Stay tuned.

Project Ironfist announcements - Page 2 Screen10

Project Ironfist announcements - Page 2 Screen11

Project Ironfist announcements - Page 2 Screen12

GodRage, Bajskorven and Jorosan like this post

Back to top Go down
Unknown_Hero
Mage
Mage
Unknown_Hero

PostSubject: Re: Project Ironfist announcements   Project Ironfist announcements - Page 2 Icon_minitime2020-08-16, 19:50

Hello Darmani,

Wow, great work for this new castle. Smile
It will certainly take some time to get used to this new castle.
A new castle in Heroes 2 is unheard of.

I'll call him "Beaubourg" (hello GodRage, you should know about this). Wink
The graphic at the bottom right reminds me of the safety barriers of Forbidden Planet, there is also a building that reminds me of the repair bay of MechCommander 1.

And Chewbacca is there, he has changed his hair color, but it's him. Laughing Cool
I can't wait to see his hairs fly in the wind during combats. Very Happy
The creatures are harmonious, well done to the designers. Smile

A lot of excitement around Heroes 2 these days. Smile
Hope this for soon.

GodRage likes this post

Back to top Go down
GodRage
Webmaster
Webmaster
GodRage

Quality Points : 228
Registration Date : 2009-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Project Ironfist announcements   Project Ironfist announcements - Page 2 Icon_minitime2020-08-17, 18:37

Waouh!!! Project Ironfist announcements - Page 2 2551314513

Are they coming from past? From future? From a far far Land? What do they know about the Archibald/Roland story? There is a lot of questions!! Project Ironfist announcements - Page 2 589285140

I would really like that the new heroes have a new secondary skill. Project Ironfist announcements - Page 2 164599763
Even if I don't have any idea of what it could be Project Ironfist announcements - Page 2 3293758093

Do the water on the left will be animated? Project Ironfist announcements - Page 2 2551314513

Unknown_Hero wrote:
I'll call him "Beaubourg" (hello GodRage, you should know about this). Wink
Hahaha right Project Ironfist announcements - Page 2 589285140 , there is a link in the atmosphere Project Ironfist announcements - Page 2 589285140
Back to top Go down
http://homm2.free.fr
Darmani
Master Modder
Master Modder
Darmani

PostSubject: Re: Project Ironfist announcements   Project Ironfist announcements - Page 2 Icon_minitime2020-08-17, 19:16

Smile Thanks for the praise. Yes, the water is animated.

GodRage likes this post

Back to top Go down
Blake01
Elf
Elf
Blake01

Quality Points : 30
Registration Date : 2019-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Project Ironfist announcements   Project Ironfist announcements - Page 2 Icon_minitime2022-03-15, 20:35

Hos the project going? Think it's time for a new blog post. Wink

Love your website with the cyber hero (LOVE the Sheltem hat tip) riding out of the castle with his troops. All the pages feel very immersive and like great work was put into ensuring that. Smile

Back to top Go down
https://blakessanctum.x10.mx/Games/HOMMSeries/
Darmani
Master Modder
Master Modder
Darmani

PostSubject: Re: Project Ironfist announcements   Project Ironfist announcements - Page 2 Icon_minitime2022-04-04, 18:27

Hi Blake,

I have good news and bad news to share on that front.

The good news is that the project is extremely close to finished; basically just level design of the main campaign and balancing remaining. (The first few maps are in an unpolished but finished state; the rest are laid out.)

The bad news is that it's been in that state for a while. I put the project on hold sometime last year to finish my Ph. D., and have not yet kicked it up again. There's currently some small work going on working with a community member who has made some extensions, but the finishing thrust will happen sometime after I resolve a few competing commitments.

Ironfist has had much longer and larger gaps in development before; I've been working on it since 2010. It will definitely complete.

We have more recent installers available on the Github page. There is quite a bit of content which is available but not announced (including the full lineup of Cyborg creatures and the Cyborg hero abilities).

GodRage, Pitsu and Blake01 like this post

Back to top Go down
Jorosan
Peasant
Peasant
Jorosan

Quality Points : 2
Registration Date : 2023-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Project Ironfist announcements   Project Ironfist announcements - Page 2 Icon_minitime2023-12-29, 09:08

How's the project going?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Project Ironfist announcements   Project Ironfist announcements - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Project Ironfist announcements
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2