~ Forums of Enroth ~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~ Forums of Enroth ~

The Enroth diehard fan community

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Songs of Conquest
Witch Faction Lineup - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Blake01 2024-04-07, 15:14

» ...to XP run...
Witch Faction Lineup - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby CATMAN 2024-03-30, 03:16

» WARNING - The dreaded moment is here: Heroes 6 servers shutting down
Witch Faction Lineup - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Blake01 2024-03-29, 23:04

» Songs of Silence (HoMM like game)
Witch Faction Lineup - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Blake01 2024-03-27, 16:52

» Heroes Orchestra's 5th Birthday concerts with Paul Romero
Witch Faction Lineup - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby rrravyn 2024-03-23, 22:45

» fheroes2 General Announcements
Witch Faction Lineup - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby sirDranik 2024-03-17, 23:35

» Photo Gallery
Witch Faction Lineup - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Sir Albe 2024-03-07, 06:57

Poll
Global announcements should be:
Everlasting, 1 for each project.
Witch Faction Lineup - Page 2 Redbar110%Witch Faction Lineup - Page 2 Redbar12
 0% [ 0 ]
Temporary, when there is something new to announce.
Witch Faction Lineup - Page 2 Redbar11100%Witch Faction Lineup - Page 2 Redbar12
 100% [ 6 ]
Holalala... No idea where the Ultimate artifact is.
Witch Faction Lineup - Page 2 Redbar110%Witch Faction Lineup - Page 2 Redbar12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6
Most Viewed Topics
H3SW: General Graphics discussion
Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW
Introduce yourself
H3SW General Discussion
H3SW Map List: Work in progress
H3SW: Dwelling Development
Forum Admins Feed
The Floody Land
Enrothian Fan Art
Heroes III: The Succession Wars v0.8.1 Beta

Witch Faction Lineup

Go down 
+10
robizeratul
YhyJasne
buffkaz
Uhm
Everz-z-z
Tibor0803
Sir Albe
djenic
revo
Orzie
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
buffkaz
Nomad
Nomad
buffkaz

Quality Points : 40
Registration Date : 2015-10-25

Witch Faction Lineup - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Witch Faction Lineup   Witch Faction Lineup - Page 2 Icon_minitime2015-11-01, 22:47

In that case, move along guys. Nothing to see here :bounce:
Back to top Go down
YhyJasne
Nomad
Nomad
YhyJasne

Quality Points : 34
Registration Date : 2016-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Witch Faction Lineup   Witch Faction Lineup - Page 2 Icon_minitime2016-01-23, 10:00

Hahaha, the toad looks great. It's a great concept that it's a flyer. How much speed will it have as default? The tribal looks really tanky for the level 1 creature. I'm wondering how much stats will it have.
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

Quality Points : 843
Registration Date : 2014-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Witch Faction Lineup   Witch Faction Lineup - Page 2 Icon_minitime2016-01-23, 17:40

I think, the Toad can have moderate speed as a starting value. Since it's a 4th level creature, it should jump no less than 1/2 of the battlefield, but not much more.

By the way, we have the first fan art from Archibald  lol

Witch Faction Lineup - Page 2 ETeXZI_DNic
Back to top Go down
Sir Albe
Mage
Mage
Sir Albe

Quality Points : 452
Registration Date : 2015-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Witch Faction Lineup   Witch Faction Lineup - Page 2 Icon_minitime2016-01-23, 22:43

My proposal of creature balance matches your thoughts Smile Also nice with some H3SW fan art Smile
Back to top Go down
YhyJasne
Nomad
Nomad
YhyJasne

Quality Points : 34
Registration Date : 2016-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Witch Faction Lineup   Witch Faction Lineup - Page 2 Icon_minitime2016-01-24, 08:26

So, what is the current line up? is lizardman a level 3 creature? It would be really cool.
Back to top Go down
Sir Albe
Mage
Mage
Sir Albe

Quality Points : 452
Registration Date : 2015-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Witch Faction Lineup   Witch Faction Lineup - Page 2 Icon_minitime2016-01-24, 08:35

Orzie wrote it like this to me some time ago:

Tribal (1 lvl Witch)
Wasp (2 lvl Witch, weak flyer)
Lizardman (3 lvl Witch, shooter)
Toad (4 lvl Witch, flyer, maybe will have a shooting (4 shots) upgrade in v0.9-v1.0)
Gorgon (5 lvl Witch, tanky unit)
Treant (6 lvl Witch, H3 Dendroid ability)
Wyvern (7 lvl Witch, flyer, poison, maybe something else for v0.9-v1.0)

Also there will be an upgrade for the Lizardman (according to what I heard last time) called Lizardman Warrior Smile
Back to top Go down
robizeratul
Elf
Elf
robizeratul

Quality Points : 32
Registration Date : 2015-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Witch Faction Lineup   Witch Faction Lineup - Page 2 Icon_minitime2016-01-24, 09:44

Sir Albe wrote:
Orzie wrote it like this to me some time ago:

Tribal (1 lvl Witch)
Wasp (2 lvl Witch, weak flyer)
Lizardman (3 lvl Witch, shooter)
Toad (4 lvl Witch, flyer, maybe will have a shooting (4 shots) upgrade in v0.9-v1.0)
Gorgon (5 lvl Witch, tanky unit)
Treant (6 lvl Witch, H3 Dendroid ability)
Wyvern (7 lvl Witch, flyer, poison, maybe something else for v0.9-v1.0)

Also there will be an upgrade for the Lizardman (according to what I heard last time) called Lizardman Warrior Smile

I love concept for the toad! One thing I would like to see is more special abilities. With the advent of WOG ,ERA and ERM editing there are a lot of things you could do...and If guides are to be believed it isn't very hard or time consuming( though I must admit I Don't understand them)

I think it could make the mod more interesting,and since nobody will be playing this competitively for thousands of dollars,there's no need to balance it like an e-sport.

For example,when I think of Tribals, I imagine a tribe, so a lot of people. You could add something like (+2 atk ,+2 def, + 1 speed) for each 100 units(for a maximum of 6/6/3)

When I think of a wasp, I think of bugs...which are annoying. You could make it have a very low defense and life, high attack but have a skill like harpy. So you have to think strategically when using them, what happens if you cant kill the whole stack or if the archers start hitting you?

Lizardman,again, there are plenty of units that can shoot and do nothing else interesting, he could use a skill , even if not particularly useful( like that of troglodytes) Immune to lvl 1 spells? Or something more creative, when he attacks he casts lvl 1 weakness,but at the same time he has weakness cast on himself( so cure him for more dmg! )

Toad is really cool with the shooting, he can be sneaky.

Gorgon can obviously turn people into stone(if the greeks are to be believed!)

I admit though, having 2 creatures with a similar ability can be tough, but why not? if you ballance the stats properly it would make a very interesting play stile. There will be nothing else like this castle.

Wyvern is also cool,it adds to the theme I get from this castle. It's a witch, they can't afford to go into battle like maniacs,they have to think and be sneaky. The tribals can be dangerous in big numbers, so you have to take care of them,the wasp can be strong with some buffs,still even if a weak creature retaliates it's a lot of dmg, you have to be strategic. The lizardman has weakness on himself,with the right buffs he can get stronger, if you are not a mage you can still use his ability to keep the gorgon and treant alive, the "meat" of you army,which you use to control the battlefield. With the toad and wyvern you get even more mobility and damage potential, used wisely so that the creature doesn't retaliate(let the tanks take the damage) they can be devastating.

Of course, you can do these things already, but with the addition of the buffs I suggested it becomes even more strategic fun and challenging...at least that's my opinion,I see no reason why a castle need creatures with no text...
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: Witch Faction Lineup   Witch Faction Lineup - Page 2 Icon_minitime2016-01-25, 05:36

Quote :
I see no reason why a castle need creatures with no text...
And still it exists both in H2 and H3.

No special abilities is not equal to uselessness of a specific creature. Sometimes a strong creature without abilities is much more valuable than a creature specific for certain situation.
Back to top Go down
robizeratul
Elf
Elf
robizeratul

PostSubject: Re: Witch Faction Lineup   Witch Faction Lineup - Page 2 Icon_minitime2016-01-26, 00:10

That is true. But for me, I rather have an interesting creature that makes me think about my strategy a lot more, than a more useful creature with a lot of stats... That's how I see it though.
Back to top Go down
Talanin
Skeleton
Skeleton
Talanin

Quality Points : 4
Registration Date : 2015-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Witch Faction Lineup   Witch Faction Lineup - Page 2 Icon_minitime2016-01-27, 23:44

Wouldn´t it be useless to take lizard warriors with you, if you don´t have the cure spell?

It kills the tacitcal feeling, because you have to waste a turn with you hero, to get a maximum of dmg for only one unit.

If it is so, i would leave the unit completely behind and instead i would cast Mass Slow or something like that.

I think the old way is the best, with a small amount of special abilities, it makes them more rare, more...useful, and it makes the game also more clearer.
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: Witch Faction Lineup   Witch Faction Lineup - Page 2 Icon_minitime2016-01-28, 17:28

Quote :
It kills the tacitcal feeling, because you have to waste a turn with you hero, to get a maximum of dmg for only one unit.
Explain please. I don't understand how it is connected to lvl 3 shooters of the discussed castle.
Back to top Go down
robizeratul
Elf
Elf
robizeratul

PostSubject: Re: Witch Faction Lineup   Witch Faction Lineup - Page 2 Icon_minitime2016-01-28, 20:33

I think he is talking about my idea of having Lizardmen start out with weakness cast upon themselves .

i disagree with him. Sure, in some cases it will be better to cast some other buff/debuff instead of cure, but it's interesting that you have that option. The trick is to make the unit work even without needed cure,cure simply makes it even stronger.
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: Witch Faction Lineup   Witch Faction Lineup - Page 2 Icon_minitime2016-01-28, 21:42

We had another special ability in mind, but that's for later.
Back to top Go down
robizeratul
Elf
Elf
robizeratul

PostSubject: Re: Witch Faction Lineup   Witch Faction Lineup - Page 2 Icon_minitime2016-01-28, 23:48

yes, I told you a few times that I really like this mod and I want to help...I can't do any art or stuff but at least I hope you appreciate some comments! At least you might get a few ideas ( or not)

And yes, it's only 0.8, a lot can change until the final release...and I'm sure you guys have a lot more ideas than work that can be done..that's how it works usually:))
Back to top Go down
zxcv1234
Skeleton
Skeleton
zxcv1234

Quality Points : 7
Registration Date : 2016-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Witch Faction Lineup   Witch Faction Lineup - Page 2 Icon_minitime2016-07-27, 03:21

how about mosquitos?
Witch Faction Lineup - Page 2 Mosqui10
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: Witch Faction Lineup   Witch Faction Lineup - Page 2 Icon_minitime2016-07-27, 03:35

We already have Wasps for that case.
Back to top Go down
Radagast82
Gargoyle
Gargoyle
Radagast82

Quality Points : 7
Registration Date : 2016-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Witch Faction Lineup   Witch Faction Lineup - Page 2 Icon_minitime2016-08-10, 21:25

Amazing!

Let me share some thoughts on the Witch lineup 1st post (since I've also checked stats from most of these):

Tribal: I love the design. It's great. Isn't it a bit too powerful for a lvl 1 creature? I assume that's the point, but frankly I'm kinda sad that skeletons are no more the best lvl 1 creature... It was really what separated the necromancer from the other classes and made him unique. But maybe it's just me. I prefer the Tribal title btw. It seems original, and appropriate.

Wasp: Agreed lvl 3 wasps are fine imo. We don't want any more lvl 2 shooters. To make them decent for the lvl3, I'd suggest something in terms of high speed (flyer after all), and poison or weakness effect with a chance per hit. Something like 30-40% would be ok, to make them actually more powerful than the lvl 2 lizardmen, so that one should think of what to hit with them, just for the effect it can leave behind. Also the design could use some tweaks in terms of colors & size? It seems kinda small and the colors a bit weird for a Wasp, at least the way I see it.

Toad

Great design there. I love it. Actually, visually, it's a HUGE toad. The size is enormous. Just for that, I'd suggest a different name perhaps. Something in the lines of Huge Toad or Poisonous Toad, or Toxic Toad, just to make them justify their creature level and stats much better. I mean a normal Toad would never be this powerful or big. Makes sense right? And something else. Here we could also think of adding some effect in their attacks perhaps, just because from a logical point of view, if a Toad just throws his tongue on you nothing really happens right? I mean unless it's toxic or poisonous or something. Makes the attack justify the damage. Otherwise it may almost seem like an inside joke. A Toad that tickles you with his tongue but somehow kills you. lol.

Gorgon or Catoblepas or Copper Bull/Bronze Bull

Both images are fine in my opinion. As for the name. I'd probably go with Catoblepas. It's more original than the classic Gorgon. And to be honest a Copper or Bronze bull sounds kinda bad. Too simple, too plain.

Evil Tree or Treant

With the lineup as it is now, I'd probably just go with Treant or Elder Treant.

However, there's something that struck me when I saw the Treant and the Wyvern in this lineup. While I love the design in both of them, I really do, I think that the design on the Treant/Evil Tree is so amazing, and menacing, that visually, it would be the perfect creature for a last level creature. Just a little enlarge in pixels etc would suffice. Boom. A scary lvl 7 Elder/Evil Treant.

I mean, the Treant seems much more menacing than the Wyvern. Or am I the only one seeing this? It's simply a matter of visuals. In that case, I'd personally go with the "Evil Treant" title probably simply because "menacing eyes/posture". Something along those lines. The Wyvern to be honest, while a powerful creature in dnd but also other games from new world computing that I've played, was never a creature powerful enough to match dragons, phoenixes or titans. So that particular thing does not really bode too well for me lore-wise, for this particular castle. Wyverns are simply at least a level or two below from those super powerful creatures I mentioned.

Wyverns

One final thought on Wyverns. If they do end up as the best creature in the Castle, I'd definitely suggest to make them heavy dmg dealers. Along with a poison sting effect, they could really hurt. It's the only way to bring them on par with the other high level creatures in the game. Poison should happen at least 40-50% of the time if not more. 20% would never cut it. Simply because Cyclops paralyze 20% cone, and even Unicorns 20% blind, or Dragon's cone attack are simply gamebreaking when compared. A 20% poison (which is just extra dmg) is kinda awful and not something good enough for a last level creature (or even a 6th level creature but oh well..). It needs to be applied more often, to make the creature consistent and powerful enough.

Well, those are my thoughts at least.
Back to top Go down
Bajskorven
Peasant
Peasant
Bajskorven

Quality Points : 0
Registration Date : 2020-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Witch Faction Lineup   Witch Faction Lineup - Page 2 Icon_minitime2020-11-21, 00:11

What about replacing the Mantis with a Hag?

Hag, imagine the hag as an old ulgy woman as a ranged unit with a woodoo doll and a dagger or a needle. Attacking by stabbing the doll.
Special ability would be no range and obstacle penalty, as the Sharpshooter from Homm 3, representing the fact that it doesn't send projectiles. Giving it a unique feel part form other ranged units. Also having another ranged unit would be nice in combination with the treeant rooting ability.

It would sort of fit the marshy and bayou feel also with the witch concept.

Halib likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Witch Faction Lineup   Witch Faction Lineup - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Witch Faction Lineup
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2