~ Forums of Enroth ~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~ Forums of Enroth ~

The Enroth diehard fan community

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Songs of Conquest
Speculation of the next faction! Icon_minitimeby Blake01 2024-04-07, 15:14

» ...to XP run...
Speculation of the next faction! Icon_minitimeby CATMAN 2024-03-30, 03:16

» WARNING - The dreaded moment is here: Heroes 6 servers shutting down
Speculation of the next faction! Icon_minitimeby Blake01 2024-03-29, 23:04

» Songs of Silence (HoMM like game)
Speculation of the next faction! Icon_minitimeby Blake01 2024-03-27, 16:52

» Heroes Orchestra's 5th Birthday concerts with Paul Romero
Speculation of the next faction! Icon_minitimeby rrravyn 2024-03-23, 22:45

» fheroes2 General Announcements
Speculation of the next faction! Icon_minitimeby sirDranik 2024-03-17, 23:35

» Photo Gallery
Speculation of the next faction! Icon_minitimeby Sir Albe 2024-03-07, 06:57

Poll
Global announcements should be:
Everlasting, 1 for each project.
Speculation of the next faction! Redbar110%Speculation of the next faction! Redbar12
 0% [ 0 ]
Temporary, when there is something new to announce.
Speculation of the next faction! Redbar11100%Speculation of the next faction! Redbar12
 100% [ 6 ]
Holalala... No idea where the Ultimate artifact is.
Speculation of the next faction! Redbar110%Speculation of the next faction! Redbar12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6
Most Viewed Topics
H3SW: General Graphics discussion
Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW
Introduce yourself
H3SW General Discussion
H3SW Map List: Work in progress
H3SW: Dwelling Development
Forum Admins Feed
The Floody Land
Enrothian Fan Art
Heroes III: The Succession Wars v0.8.1 Beta

Speculation of the next faction!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Knight
Gargoyle
Gargoyle
Knight

Quality Points : 4
Registration Date : 2023-06-28

Speculation of the next faction! Empty
PostSubject: Speculation of the next faction!   Speculation of the next faction! Icon_minitime2023-07-02, 08:54

Hello!

I found this mod very recently and I love it! I read that there is a ninth and final faction coming but I have not found what it will be. I just want to have some fun and speculate since I found no thread about it on this forum (please correct me if I am wrong)

It will probably be related to lava or snow, since there is no town based on that terrain yet

Lava - probably a town inspired by Inferno in Homm3 since I have seen devils in the game

Snow - Maybe Shaman? Like a cold version of the Stronghold in Homm3, high up in the mountains but with more focus on magic. Creatures could be inspired by bears, jaguars, mountain giants, yetis, frostlings, elementals, ice princesses, storms, etc.

What is your guess?

GodRage, Sir Albe and DanilaRud015 like this post

Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

Quality Points : 843
Registration Date : 2014-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Speculation of the next faction!   Speculation of the next faction! Icon_minitime2023-07-08, 21:03

I guess it wouldn't be a secret because we announced that somewhere, but the 9th faction is centered around lava. This also concerns the possible odds and ends of lore which are sticking from the original game series and could be well integrated in the new H3SW plot.

Regarding snow as a terrain and possible related faction, there were some suggestions for a Norse myth-themed faction, but that doesn't feel too much required IMO. Yes, castle adding mania is a real thing in Heroes 3 modding, but adding a faction per se does not only include a possible lineup and townscreen - there have to be more reasons of doing so, like their gameplay role, the plot, the place of the faction in the atmosphere of the game as a whole (which is different from personal imprinting). The previously-unused Toad was not included in the original H2 Wizard's lineup for a reason.

Snow is currently planned as a neutral terrain (the concept of which still exists for the future state of H3SW). This is a terrain where no faction gets bonuses, like Sand in H3, and it is supposed to be used in similar situations, like Sand is used on popular H3 RMG templates like Jebus Cross. That means that no faction could use it as native. If the concept of native terrains will go away, the overall situation and plans could be nudged.

GodRage, Sir Albe and Knight like this post

Back to top Go down
BluegrassBrooke
Peasant
Peasant
BluegrassBrooke

Quality Points : 2
Registration Date : 2023-07-09

PostSubject: Re: Speculation of the next faction!   Speculation of the next faction! Icon_minitime2023-07-09, 04:38

I love the idea of the lava (evil?) fraction. I really want to see a nightmare unit. Black horse with flaming red eyes. That would be so cool! Just like the Heroes IV nightmares. What I would be most excited to see - haha.

I like how you all have designed the heroes horses in the Dervish and the Witch factions. It may not be a major part of the game, but for someone who grew up playing the game as a little kid and as a horsewoman myself, the horses were my favorite part of the game hands down. I love the dappled grey concept for the Dervish. I wonder what awesome horse design you'll have for the lava castle heroes?

GodRage, Sir Albe and Mefista like this post

Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

Quality Points : 843
Registration Date : 2014-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Speculation of the next faction!   Speculation of the next faction! Icon_minitime2023-07-09, 05:20

It's interesting to see that kind of focus among Heroes enjoyers. Yes, we did have some ideas for horses here and there, and there was even an 1st April fake screenshot with more mounts for the heroes.

H4 Nightmares, however, have less chances to be integrated as a creature because H2 is not built around antagonism as much as H3 - H2 creatures are all unique, and even if some are similar (like Minotaur and Ogre), the developers made sure they are animated differently and fill different gameplay niches. In other words, we have Unicorns, and that's that - I doubt it's possible to animate Nightmares in that way so they feel unique enough.

However, their design might influence the mount of the 9th faction hero. Yes, it's evil, it (often) dwells underground, the eyes of the mount will most probably glow red, and the faction it belongs to will integrate many Kreegan related concepts left to us by the original Heroes and Might&Magic games.

GodRage, Mefista, DanilaRud015, Knight and BluegrassBrooke like this post

Back to top Go down
Knight
Gargoyle
Gargoyle
Knight

Quality Points : 4
Registration Date : 2023-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Speculation of the next faction!   Speculation of the next faction! Icon_minitime2023-07-10, 07:09

Aha so it is lava! I read more and found someone mention the name "Heretic" for the faction.

Since you stick with the philosphy of keeping a few simple abilities for the creatures, here is my speculation for your line-up:

Lvl1: Imp - Flying, fast, decent all around stats. (because there is only one other flyer at level 1)

Lvl2: Fanatic - Melee creature that deals very high damage but very low hp. (There is no other on level 2, maybe Wasp)

Lvl3: Succubus - Flyer and shooter (there is no such combination, I actually thought Beholders could fly and shoot)

Lvl4: Demon - Standard melee creature. (I don't think you keep the Demon-farming-mechanic)

Lvl5: Hellhound - Attacks three adjacent enemies. (I think it will be a higher level due to its powerful ability)

Lvl6: Fire priest - Shooter that fires a projectile that attacks 2 hexes in a row, like a Dragon. (MAYBE it resurrects Demons if you keep that ability)

Lvl7: Devil - Teleport to any square on the battlefield. No enemy retaliation. Maybe -1 luck to enemies.

I am probably wrong on eveything with my guess haha. Looking forward to when it is released!

GodRage, Mefista, DanilaRud015 and Halib like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Speculation of the next faction!   Speculation of the next faction! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Speculation of the next faction!
Page 1 of 1