~ Forums of Enroth ~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~ Forums of Enroth ~

The Enroth diehard fan community

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Songs of Conquest
Feedback Changes i would like too see for Fheroes2 mod. Icon_minitimeby Blake01 2024-04-07, 15:14

» ...to XP run...
Feedback Changes i would like too see for Fheroes2 mod. Icon_minitimeby CATMAN 2024-03-30, 03:16

» WARNING - The dreaded moment is here: Heroes 6 servers shutting down
Feedback Changes i would like too see for Fheroes2 mod. Icon_minitimeby Blake01 2024-03-29, 23:04

» Songs of Silence (HoMM like game)
Feedback Changes i would like too see for Fheroes2 mod. Icon_minitimeby Blake01 2024-03-27, 16:52

» Heroes Orchestra's 5th Birthday concerts with Paul Romero
Feedback Changes i would like too see for Fheroes2 mod. Icon_minitimeby rrravyn 2024-03-23, 22:45

» fheroes2 General Announcements
Feedback Changes i would like too see for Fheroes2 mod. Icon_minitimeby sirDranik 2024-03-17, 23:35

» Photo Gallery
Feedback Changes i would like too see for Fheroes2 mod. Icon_minitimeby Sir Albe 2024-03-07, 06:57

Poll
Global announcements should be:
Everlasting, 1 for each project.
Feedback Changes i would like too see for Fheroes2 mod. Redbar110%Feedback Changes i would like too see for Fheroes2 mod. Redbar12
 0% [ 0 ]
Temporary, when there is something new to announce.
Feedback Changes i would like too see for Fheroes2 mod. Redbar11100%Feedback Changes i would like too see for Fheroes2 mod. Redbar12
 100% [ 6 ]
Holalala... No idea where the Ultimate artifact is.
Feedback Changes i would like too see for Fheroes2 mod. Redbar110%Feedback Changes i would like too see for Fheroes2 mod. Redbar12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6
Most Viewed Topics
H3SW: General Graphics discussion
Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW
Introduce yourself
H3SW General Discussion
H3SW Map List: Work in progress
H3SW: Dwelling Development
Forum Admins Feed
The Floody Land
Enrothian Fan Art
Heroes III: The Succession Wars v0.8.1 Beta

Feedback Changes i would like too see for Fheroes2 mod.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
BorasDK
Peasant
Peasant
BorasDK

Quality Points : 0
Registration Date : 2022-03-16

Feedback Changes i would like too see for Fheroes2 mod. Empty
PostSubject: Feedback Changes i would like too see for Fheroes2 mod.   Feedback Changes i would like too see for Fheroes2 mod. Icon_minitime2022-03-17, 01:43

Hallo everyone got a little feedback hope you can understand my english iam not very good at writing i will add more too this post later hope i can edit this later need too play some more dont know if others have already mentioned these feedback changes but this is just my thoughts of right now i really like what you have done with this mod so would like too help only if its just alittle these changes is about enything on my mind right now lets start.

1: First thing is the sound you have added too the orcs and bone dragons dont know if there are others units. I think they are really cool but i prefer
   the old sounds better, its not a very big deal for me if you dont change them, but maybe add an option some time in the future if its not too hard
   too do.

2: I would like too have the cheat function back becouse its a tool too help with feedback, i only use the reveal map and it helps alot too see how the
   enemy heroes move on the map and see if they run around in circles there are probably more things it can help with i dont see a downside having it.

3: In combat the spells you cast doesnt fire of instantly there is some kind of delay/lag dont know if its a bug but the old heroes 2 didnt have that as i
   recall maybe its my pc not working correctly i just had too mention it.

4: When the army order is on in options in battle it blocks some of the top row of the units models i suggest that maybe the army order minimise on its own
   when units are at top row or move it too the left corner and make it alittle smaller or just keep it where it is and make it smaller i hope its possible.

5: When in combat you can see how far an enemy unit can move on the battlefield would like too hover the mouse over the enemy unit and the shadow
   movement appear with how far that unit can move would be very helpful.

6: Add an indicator too both players units in battle if that unit can retaliate or have use it that round.

I have a couple of things about the AI its probably the hardest part too make better and i know you are working on it very glad about that.

7: First thing is for the AI too be better at targeting low hp units i had a fight where i got 2 stacks of bone dragons and the AI attacked the first one down too
   40hp then the AI decide too attack the other full hp bone dragon instead maybe it was becouse i moved it closer too try getting agro the AI could easy have
   killed the 40hp slack. The other thing is from the old heroes 2 where the AI allways attack the ranged units like titans when it got no chance in hell too kill one
   was allways an easy win hope too see the AI be smatter at targeting units with lower hp so they will kill more even if its only tier 1 units.

8: Last thing about AI its hard too write about this becouse you make improvements all the time but the way AI heroes move on the map the first campaign for
   archibald i had killed 2 of the 3 AI and my strong hero was 2-3 days away from there castle they where moving a weak hero way too close too my strong
   hero just too get attacked i think they knew i was there so it makes no sense not just stay back and try too defend with what you have left and not move close
   too my strongest heroes maybe move around it try too attack one of my weaker towns.

9: Got two things left its about balance dont know if you will do balance changes too the game but i write them enyway first thing is Laboratory should cost alittle
   more resources dont like that you can get that building on week 1 you should have too be more lucky then just get 5 more sulfur and some gold i suggests
   increase sulfur too 10 instead of 5 or you can increase the ore/wood cost too 15 or 20 you will still be able too get them week 1 but its harder.

10: Last But not least is about zombies/mutant zombies they need a buff dont know what yet but they are bad maybe lower there cost and increase growth dont
     think they should have more speed becouse they are zombies and zombies are kinda slow maybe some ability needs too be added like too hear your thoughts
     if they need a buff.

Hope too hear from you all what you think about these changes.

Hello everyone got some more things too add since last time these are just some features i would like too see in the future and some minor stuff i know you are trying too fix the bugs and make the game more stable so i dont have eny bugs fixes here also got a couple of AI things from the archibald campaign that i have played that i hope you can have the answer too. Some of these features is maybe gonna change the game way too much too ever be a thing or too hard too implement still like too se it added lets begin.

11: The army order in battle should highlight the enemy units when you hover over it too see the correct unit many neutral armys have the same unit with the same stack soo it hard too tell what is what in order, you said the army order thing was a experimental so maybe your change or remove it but ill like it too stay in game.

12: Allow Heroes too dig on the same Ground if there is dug here before this is because in the archibald campaign mission 9 you need too find the crown too win and i found out if a hero with full artifacts slots try too dig for the crown you dont get the item and others cant dig on the same spot soo your kinda lost i know you can just trade items and then dig or use another hero but think this should not happen so just allow this if it not too hard too implement cant see enything bad with this.

13: Make it so the X marker on the puzzle map never show up before you have taken the last obelisk on the map in mission 9 i needed 1 more obelisk before i had taken them all i think its cooler too have it be an invisible X and then show up when all obelisks are taken it feel more like it should be this way too me.

14: I would like too see a recruit all units button in the town screen somewhere heroes 3 has it, i know there is no space for it Crying or Very sad but hope you guys can add it someday too the game ill like too see it because when you have many towns its super annoying too click on all the buildings in town for them all i hope for this too be added.

15: Allow the heroes too be put on a sleep mode so you dont get the popup when you end the turn, and you dont want too move all your heroes enymore just put them on sleep or ignore mode would be a nice thing too have in the game.

16: On the Campaign Screen show what the artifacts actually do like the Thunder mace gives +1 attack skill and Minor scroll of knowledge gives +2 knowlegde skill do this for all artifacts at the start for the campaigns.

17: Something i would like too see but probably is very hard too balance but will maybe spice up the game more and make it more interesting is more new and exciting Week events like maybe week of the night where all skeleton, zombies and mummies get +1 speed +1 defense that week or week of the poor where money is halve dont think a new event should happen every new week but we need more interesting week events.

18: This is just something if you gonna touch the skills in this game someday consider the rework of the diplomacy skill too be less annoying so it doesnt give a popup every time you attack weak units army, i havent consider a fix ill leave that too you guys if you ever gonna touch that skill.

19: Add a Building on the map too sell Artifacts or delete Artifacts i know there are bad artifacts in this game so its kinda hard too balance again but the way too get rid of them bad items right now is too use a weak hero and just attack an neutral of AI army too get rid of it think its poor gameplay too just suicide a hero like that ill rather go too the building on the map bad artifacts should not sell for enything or maybe cost you money too get rid of love too see it.

20: Something i would like too see is different units in neutral armys on the world map like lich,vampires and mummies together instead of allways the same army of units would be super cool and more fun too play but probably way too hard too code you need too change alot in the game code i think and its too much work is it even possible too do i dont know hope too see it.

The last 2 things is about the AI in the Campaign map 3 and map 11 the last one of Archibald Campaign i know you said use github and ill try post there if needed.

21: The AI hero with all the Giants on map 3 does not guard the town you need too capture too win the map i could just sneak around him and take it with not fight at all kinda sad too me is this a bug or just AI being dumb.

22: Last thing i got is the AI on the last map 11 on archibald Campaign is not allied with each other against me so they are just killing themselves making the last map very easy is this how it should be cant remember how it was back in the day of heroes 2 is it a bug or intended.

Thats all i have folks i know all of these changes are way over the top of things too add and may never be added but it was just something a was thinking about while playing the first campaign please post here your thoughts on these changes would very much like i hear what you all think about them thank you for reading and Good working time guys and girls.

Last edited by BorasDK on 2022-03-25, 21:34; edited 2 times in total

GodRage and phamtrinli like this post

Back to top Go down
sirDranik
Nomad
Nomad
sirDranik

Quality Points : 26
Registration Date : 2020-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Feedback Changes i would like too see for Fheroes2 mod.   Feedback Changes i would like too see for Fheroes2 mod. Icon_minitime2022-03-17, 22:32

Hello! We're really appreciate your feedback and the time you've spent for playing fheroes2.

First of all, I want to clarify what the fheroes2 project is. It's not a mod. We haven't modified original game resources in any way. The whole engine is written from a scratch and works with the original data in slightly different manner (which obviously are all those enhancements, you've noticed while comparing with the original Heroes 2). That means, that fheroes2.exe is completely different application, and there's not a single code line similar to the original Heroes 2 game.
All gameplay and logic mechanics are created manually. This means, that if there're some lacking mechanics (like cheat codes you've mentioned above) they are just not implemented yet.

BorasDK wrote:
1: First thing is the sound you have added too the orcs and bone dragons dont know if there are others units.

We've already had a debates about that and the majority of the development team voted for leaving this sounds. Let me explain a bit, where do they come from. This sounds are the original ones, that are stored in the original game resources. We don't know, why do original developers didn't use them on release and made Orcs and Bone Dragons sound the same to Archers and Green Dragons. So we consider this a bug and in our opinion each creature should have its own sounding. (Also, if you're familiar with Heroes3 HotA mod, you can notice, that they changed original Orc sounds (from the vanilla Heroes3) to those, you've noticed in fheroes2 recently).

BorasDK wrote:
I think they are really cool but i prefer
   the old sounds better, its not a very big deal for me if you dont change them, but maybe add an option some time in the future if its not too hard
   too do.

We don't want to overwhelm engine with tons of minor options. We're aspiring to create the fheroes2 engine as simple and friendly, as possible. So, each option that was proposed to be added should have a solid reason to exist. We're aware of creating "WoG-ified" version of Heroes 2. So, I'm afraid, you will have to get used to new sounds. In my personal opinion - it's such a poor game design, when several different creatures have the same sounding.

BorasDK wrote:
2: I would like too have the cheat function back becouse its a tool too help with feedback, i only use the reveal map and it helps alot too see how the
   enemy heroes move on the map and see if they run around in circles there are probably more things it can help with i dont see a downside having it.

Currently cheat support is not implemented yet. (As well, as many other things.) Be patient, it will appear some time later, when the team would finish more prioritized objectives. The engine is on 0.9.x stage, so, we have much work to be done. You can check our "issues" section at github: there're lots of nice suggestions, but we firstly must make engine work flawless. There's no point in adding new features ahead of fixing game-breaking issues.

BorasDK wrote:
3: In combat the spells you cast doesnt fire of instantly there is some kind of delay/lag dont know if its a bug but the old heroes 2 didnt have that as i

Is this delay really essential for gameplay? We don't have an opened issue for that. I'll create one, but I'm not sure, that instant spell animation is so comfortable. But I think, we can reduce a delay a bit.

BorasDK wrote:
4: When the army order is on in options in battle it blocks some of the top row of the units models i suggest that maybe the army order minimise on its own
   when units are at top row or move it too the left corner and make it alittle smaller or just keep it where it is and make it smaller i hope its possible.

Original sprites are quite tiny already (remember, native game resolution is just 640x480), how can you imagine, we can make an icon 12 pixels height, smaller?
Also, minimizing the row is not such a great idea, as player should be able to point different troops and check the order at the same time. Anyway, this feature is experimental and will be reworked later.

BorasDK wrote:
5: When in combat you can see how far an enemy unit can move on the battlefield would like too hover the mouse over the enemy unit and the shadow
   movement appear with how far that unit can move would be very helpful.

Well, you're obviously familiar with H3 mods. Wink
This feature is in our "to do" list. The project still has substantial amount of bugs and the team is mainly focused on fixing them. I hope, up to final release, there will appear enemy movement highlighting.

BorasDK wrote:
6: Add an indicator too both players units in battle if that unit can retaliate or have use it that round.

This is already in our list of future enhancements. Heroes 2 is an old game, and after 20+ gaming experience heroes community has accumulated the certain number of improvements, that game should have to be maximum friendly. We're going to implement a large number of them soon.

BorasDK wrote:
7: First thing is for the AI too be better at targeting low hp units i had a fight where i got 2 stacks of bone dragons and the AI attacked the first one down too
   40hp then the AI decide too attack the other full hp bone dragon instead maybe it was becouse i moved it closer too try getting agro the AI could easy have
   killed the 40hp slack. The other thing is from the old heroes 2 where the AI allways attack the ranged units like titans when it got no chance in hell too kill one
   was allways an easy win hope too see the AI be smatter at targeting units with lower hp so they will kill more even if its only tier 1 units.

8: Last thing about AI its hard too write about this becouse you make improvements all the time but the way AI heroes move on the map the first campaign for
   archibald i had killed 2 of the 3 AI and my strong hero was 2-3 days away from there castle they where moving a weak hero way too close too my strong
   hero just too get attacked i think they knew i was there so it makes no sense not just stay back and try too defend with what you have left and not move close
   too my strongest heroes maybe move around it try too attack one of my weaker towns.

AI is still in development right now. We don't even implemented 50% of our plans regarding it.
If you really wish to help with this complicated issue, you should create an issue at github for each case. Attach screenshot, savefile and tell the way to reproduce the situation. After that you should explain, what is the expected behaviour of AI. That's the way to maximize the speed of solving the issue.

BorasDK wrote:
9: Got two things left its about balance dont know if you will do balance changes too the game but i write them enyway first thing is Laboratory should cost alittle
   more resources dont like that you can get that building on week 1 you should have too be more lucky then just get 5 more sulfur and some gold i suggests
   increase sulfur too 10 instead of 5 or you can increase the ore/wood cost too 15 or 20 you will still be able too get them week 1 but its harder.

10: Last But not least is about zombies/mutant zombies they need a buff dont know what yet but they are bad maybe lower there cost and increase growth dont
     think they should have more speed becouse they are zombies and zombies are kinda slow maybe some ability needs too be added like too hear your thoughts
     if they need a buff.

Rebalance suggestions is quite a delicate aspect of engine development.
Currently, the policy of our team is not to change the existing content, as each person has his own vision of rebalance and the debates, what should be nerfed and what requires an upgrade, will last for ever. And we strictly don't want a balance mess ( +/- 5 resources for upgrades, +/- 1 att/def/hp/growth for a creature etc.) at least for now. I hope, you agree, that native game stats - is the ones, everyone knows about and consider them as constant value.
In future, some things can change, but for now we're focused on reproducing of the original game with minimum content changes.

Thank you again for participation in our project. If you wish to talk to the most of our team and other people, who loves Heroes 2 as we do, come and visit our discord channel. Wink

GodRage likes this post

Back to top Go down
BorasDK
Peasant
Peasant
BorasDK

Registration Date : 2022-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Feedback Changes i would like too see for Fheroes2 mod.   Feedback Changes i would like too see for Fheroes2 mod. Icon_minitime2022-03-18, 04:34

Thanks for Clearing things for me iam not use too post enything online i will try use github if i can figure it out. English i not my first language so kinda hard too understand it all hope i still can post more here about things ill like too see someday i game if its the best way for you guys. I never played the Heroes 3 wog mod only hd mod and Hota mod becouse it changes way too much so glad this doesnt go that way, i will not post more units/building balance like you said and the AI are being work on all the time so ill go too try github got a link for it where i must post AI stuff and discord link good too hear cheat feature is coming back some time not that big of a deal breaker.

GodRage likes this post

Back to top Go down
phamtrinli
Gargoyle
Gargoyle
phamtrinli

Registration Date : 2022-09-16

PostSubject: Re: Feedback Changes i would like too see for Fheroes2 mod.   Feedback Changes i would like too see for Fheroes2 mod. Icon_minitime2023-04-28, 17:47

Yes, when casting some spells in fheroes2, there is a noticeable delay between when you click on the target of a spell and when the animation starts playing. This did not exist in original heroes 2 and is somewhat annoying. It would be nice if the spell animations began the instant you clicked the target (or the spell for those spells without targets)

Also, along the same lines, I noticed that the armageddon spell in fheroes2 does not have the same animation or animation timing as original. A small thing, but noticeable.

Personally not a fan of the different sound effects used for bone dragons and orcs in fheroes2. I prefer the original (even if these are the original original), I still prefer the ones that shipped with the game originally.
Back to top Go down
Roxterat
Gargoyle
Gargoyle
Roxterat

Quality Points : 2
Registration Date : 2023-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Feedback Changes i would like too see for Fheroes2 mod.   Feedback Changes i would like too see for Fheroes2 mod. Icon_minitime2023-04-29, 03:05

phamtrinli wrote:

Yes, when casting some spells in fheroes2, there is a noticeable delay between when you click on the target of a spell and when the animation starts playing. This did not exist in original heroes 2 and is somewhat annoying. It would be nice if the spell animations began the instant you clicked the target (or the spell for those spells without targets)

Also, along the same lines, I noticed that the armageddon spell in fheroes2 does not have the same animation or animation timing as original. A small thing, but noticeable.

Personally not a fan of the different sound effects used for bone dragons and orcs in fheroes2. I prefer the original (even if these are the original original), I still prefer the ones that shipped with the game originally.

That delay is probably due to the hero actually reaching their hand to cast the spell.. and yeah, many people disliked the alternative "hidden" sound effects. Some even disliked the unglitched dying dwarf animation, I for once appreciate that one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Feedback Changes i would like too see for Fheroes2 mod.   Feedback Changes i would like too see for Fheroes2 mod. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Feedback Changes i would like too see for Fheroes2 mod.
Page 1 of 1