~ Forums of Enroth ~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~ Forums of Enroth ~

The Enroth diehard fan community

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Songs of Conquest
A somewhat dark HoMM II theory Icon_minitimeby Blake01 2024-04-07, 15:14

» ...to XP run...
A somewhat dark HoMM II theory Icon_minitimeby CATMAN 2024-03-30, 03:16

» WARNING - The dreaded moment is here: Heroes 6 servers shutting down
A somewhat dark HoMM II theory Icon_minitimeby Blake01 2024-03-29, 23:04

» Songs of Silence (HoMM like game)
A somewhat dark HoMM II theory Icon_minitimeby Blake01 2024-03-27, 16:52

» Heroes Orchestra's 5th Birthday concerts with Paul Romero
A somewhat dark HoMM II theory Icon_minitimeby rrravyn 2024-03-23, 22:45

» fheroes2 General Announcements
A somewhat dark HoMM II theory Icon_minitimeby sirDranik 2024-03-17, 23:35

» Photo Gallery
A somewhat dark HoMM II theory Icon_minitimeby Sir Albe 2024-03-07, 06:57

Poll
Global announcements should be:
Everlasting, 1 for each project.
A somewhat dark HoMM II theory Redbar110%A somewhat dark HoMM II theory Redbar12
 0% [ 0 ]
Temporary, when there is something new to announce.
A somewhat dark HoMM II theory Redbar11100%A somewhat dark HoMM II theory Redbar12
 100% [ 6 ]
Holalala... No idea where the Ultimate artifact is.
A somewhat dark HoMM II theory Redbar110%A somewhat dark HoMM II theory Redbar12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6
Most Viewed Topics
H3SW: General Graphics discussion
Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW
Introduce yourself
H3SW General Discussion
H3SW Map List: Work in progress
H3SW: Dwelling Development
Forum Admins Feed
The Floody Land
Enrothian Fan Art
Heroes III: The Succession Wars v0.8.1 Beta

A somewhat dark HoMM II theory

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
evanisdead
Gargoyle
Gargoyle
evanisdead

Quality Points : 9
Registration Date : 2020-01-03

A somewhat dark HoMM II theory Empty
PostSubject: A somewhat dark HoMM II theory   A somewhat dark HoMM II theory Icon_minitime2020-05-09, 05:32

Recently, it's been brought up to me that the warlock's dragons have 5 fingers on their hands, but the bone dragons only have 4.

A somewhat dark HoMM II theory Jtd62m8 A somewhat dark HoMM II theory HnKrw8n

So, what does this mean? Those who know a thing or two about mythology might state that higher-ranking dragons had more fingers, which would make sense because live dragons are stronger than bone dragons. But what if it was all but a myth? In HoMM II, you need to wait a week for the tower to produce dragons, but since dragons obviously take longer than that to hatch and grow up, it is implied that warlocks do not raise the dragons from hatchlings, they lure them in and train them. Who has time to raise baby dragons in the middle of a war??

So what happens if they discover a dragon of either a different breed or with a birth defect? They look the same as the usual warlock dragon, all except for one little detail: a missing finger. Dragons are expensive, so it would make sense for the warlock to want high-quality dragons. So what do they do? They kill them! Only the highest-ranking dragons make it to the warlock's overpowered army.

What happens to the lesser dragons? The necromancer sees that as a great opportunity and resurrects them. It's no secret that resurrection spells exist in the HoMM universe, you've probably used them yourself! But wait, aren't dragons immune to all spells?? Well, have you ever wondered why bone dragons are purchased from a laboratory? Kind of an odd place for a dragon to inhabit, unless they were perhaps created there? The necromancer is exactly what the name implies, they've got other, darker ways of resurrecting the dead. The human troops you resurrect in battle do not turn into skeletons nor zombies, but that could be because their corpses are still fresh. The dragons could've been dead long before, left to rot for their bad genetics. Perhaps that is also the case with other necromancer creatures? Troops who die in battle without getting resurrected are turned into the walking dead, forever holding a grudge against the living.

A somewhat dark HoMM II theory QzagsyU But hey... bone dragons rock! Rock!
Back to top Go down
GodRage
Webmaster
Webmaster
GodRage

Quality Points : 229
Registration Date : 2009-09-21

PostSubject: Re: A somewhat dark HoMM II theory   A somewhat dark HoMM II theory Icon_minitime2020-05-09, 11:00

evanisdead wrote:
[...] warlock's dragons have 5 fingers on their hands, but the bone dragons only have 4.
[...]
So, what does this mean? Those who know a thing or two about mythology [...]
I heard in Kyoto someday, from an old strange monk, that it's region-related: Dragons from China has a different number or fingers than Dragons from Japan.
I just can't remember what numberfit what country. But it think it was 3 & 4. A somewhat dark HoMM II theory 3293758093

evanisdead wrote:
Well, have you ever wondered why bone dragons are purchased from a laboratory?
Shocked OMG

Hmmm I have a question: Could Necros recreate any creature with wrong bones?
(bones from others creatures)

evanisdead
Gargoyle
Gargoyle
evanisdead

Quality Points : 9
Registration Date : 2020-01-03

PostSubject: Re: A somewhat dark HoMM II theory   A somewhat dark HoMM II theory Icon_minitime2020-05-09, 20:44

GodRage wrote:
I heard in Kyoto someday, from an old strange monk, that it's region-related: Dragons from China has a different number or fingers than Dragons from Japan.
I just can't remember what numberfit what country. But it think it was 3 & 4.  A somewhat dark HoMM II theory 3293758093

I learned that from a friend of mine who is quite into mythology, it seems to be a sign of high ranking in many Asian countries, but perhaps there are different beliefs?

GodRage wrote:
Hmmm I have a question: Could Necros recreate any creature with wrong bones?
(bones from others creatures)

Mayhaps... What kind of monstrosity would they create? Hideous Mask
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A somewhat dark HoMM II theory   A somewhat dark HoMM II theory Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A somewhat dark HoMM II theory
Page 1 of 1