~ Forums of Enroth ~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~ Forums of Enroth ~

The Enroth diehard fan community

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Songs of Conquest
Succession Wars v 0.8.1 Beta Installation Issue Icon_minitimeby Blake01 2024-04-07, 15:14

» ...to XP run...
Succession Wars v 0.8.1 Beta Installation Issue Icon_minitimeby CATMAN 2024-03-30, 03:16

» WARNING - The dreaded moment is here: Heroes 6 servers shutting down
Succession Wars v 0.8.1 Beta Installation Issue Icon_minitimeby Blake01 2024-03-29, 23:04

» Songs of Silence (HoMM like game)
Succession Wars v 0.8.1 Beta Installation Issue Icon_minitimeby Blake01 2024-03-27, 16:52

» Heroes Orchestra's 5th Birthday concerts with Paul Romero
Succession Wars v 0.8.1 Beta Installation Issue Icon_minitimeby rrravyn 2024-03-23, 22:45

» fheroes2 General Announcements
Succession Wars v 0.8.1 Beta Installation Issue Icon_minitimeby sirDranik 2024-03-17, 23:35

» Photo Gallery
Succession Wars v 0.8.1 Beta Installation Issue Icon_minitimeby Sir Albe 2024-03-07, 06:57

Poll
Global announcements should be:
Everlasting, 1 for each project.
Succession Wars v 0.8.1 Beta Installation Issue Redbar110%Succession Wars v 0.8.1 Beta Installation Issue Redbar12
 0% [ 0 ]
Temporary, when there is something new to announce.
Succession Wars v 0.8.1 Beta Installation Issue Redbar11100%Succession Wars v 0.8.1 Beta Installation Issue Redbar12
 100% [ 6 ]
Holalala... No idea where the Ultimate artifact is.
Succession Wars v 0.8.1 Beta Installation Issue Redbar110%Succession Wars v 0.8.1 Beta Installation Issue Redbar12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6
Most Viewed Topics
H3SW: General Graphics discussion
Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW
Introduce yourself
H3SW General Discussion
H3SW Map List: Work in progress
H3SW: Dwelling Development
Forum Admins Feed
The Floody Land
Enrothian Fan Art
Heroes III: The Succession Wars v0.8.1 Beta

Succession Wars v 0.8.1 Beta Installation Issue

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Blackmore
Skeleton
Skeleton
Blackmore

Quality Points : 1
Registration Date : 2019-10-05

Succession Wars v 0.8.1 Beta Installation Issue Empty
PostSubject: Succession Wars v 0.8.1 Beta Installation Issue   Succession Wars v 0.8.1 Beta Installation Issue Icon_minitime2019-10-05, 02:32

Hello to all fellow people of Enroth! First I would like to apologize for creating a separate thread for this, however, I failed to find any solutions in the threads below. I have a difficulty installing SW 0.8.1 on Windows 10. Previously, I had the previous version of the mod installed on Windows 7 with no issues whatsoever. Now, whenever I attempt to install it, I'm having the same issue - no mod exe files. I have done the following steps:

1) I completely uninstalled my HoMM3
2) I created a fresh installation of HoMM3 (the Complete version from GoG): I tried to install it both on my OS drive and on different drives.
3) I downloaded the mod installator, and installed it in the game directory (alternatively, I tried to use a chain directory - to no avail). I also tried to use administrator privileges.

Anyhow, the h3sw executive file is nowhere to be seen. Am I doing something wrong? I haven't tried to install the HD mod over it, but I simply tried to create a clean HoMM3 + SW copy - are there any additional tools required, am I doing something wrong?

I would be most obligated for any tips.

Greetings from Poland!

Peter

Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

Quality Points : 843
Registration Date : 2014-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Succession Wars v 0.8.1 Beta Installation Issue   Succession Wars v 0.8.1 Beta Installation Issue Icon_minitime2019-10-05, 21:29

Hello! Could you attach a screenshot of your game folder?

I suspect the OS might be the problem, and, from our previous experience, one thing is certain: the problems with Win10 users are all unique in themselves.

We will need to see if Win10 somehow blocks the installation.
Back to top Go down
Tibor0803
Nomad
Nomad
Tibor0803

Quality Points : 21
Registration Date : 2015-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Succession Wars v 0.8.1 Beta Installation Issue   Succession Wars v 0.8.1 Beta Installation Issue Icon_minitime2019-10-06, 01:47

Blackmore wrote:
Hello to all fellow people of Enroth! First I would like to apologize for creating a separate thread for this, however, I failed to find any solutions in the threads below. I have a difficulty installing SW 0.8.1 on Windows 10. Previously, I had the previous version of the mod installed on Windows 7 with no issues whatsoever. Now, whenever I attempt to install it, I'm having the same issue - no mod exe files. I have done the following steps:

1) I completely uninstalled my HoMM3
2) I created a fresh installation of HoMM3 (the Complete version from GoG): I tried to install it both on my OS drive and on different drives.
3) I downloaded the mod installator, and installed it in the game directory (alternatively, I tried to use a chain directory - to no avail). I also tried to use administrator privileges.

Anyhow, the h3sw executive file is nowhere to be seen. Am I doing something wrong? I haven't tried to install the HD mod over it, but I simply tried to create a clean HoMM3 + SW copy - are there any additional tools required, am I doing something wrong?

I would be most obligated for any tips.

Greetings from Poland!

Peter

Hello, I had the same problem earlier back when the 0.8.1 just released. All you have to do is to add the executable h3sw to the exception list in your anti-virus program. If the executable itself is missing, then let me help you with a link contains my h3sw executable:

https://www22.zippyshare.com/v/YOFfDPg9/file.html

Please, just copy paste the link into the URL bar to avoid ad.fly to pop up. Adding the file to the exception list itself solved the problem for me despite installing it on Windows 10. Hope it solve the issue.
Back to top Go down
Blackmore
Skeleton
Skeleton
Blackmore

PostSubject: Re: Succession Wars v 0.8.1 Beta Installation Issue   Succession Wars v 0.8.1 Beta Installation Issue Icon_minitime2019-10-07, 01:15

Hello once again!

Here's the screenshot Succession Wars v 0.8.1 Beta Installation Issue Hommdi10

The thing is, I've actually created an exception for the entire directory, however, after the installation I still fail to find the h3sw.exe file. The problem is, if the antivirus software is somehow blocking the installation of the executive files, I don't get a prompt. I'm currently using Avast, and it allows to create exceptions, however, when checking the Avast logs, I don't see it doing anything about the file (no prompt about h3sw.exe whatsoever).

Oh, and Tibor, thank you kindly, but unfortunately the file is not present on the server anymore.
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: Succession Wars v 0.8.1 Beta Installation Issue   Succession Wars v 0.8.1 Beta Installation Issue Icon_minitime2019-10-07, 01:38

It appears to me that none of the mod files are present.

The only folder here is "_install", which is the source files of the installer. Basically, it is included in the self-extracting WinRAR archive (H3SW v0.8.1 Installer.exe), and for some reason, it is simply unpacked, but the archive scripts are not utilized. Other "new" files are the "Tools" folder and some contents in Help and Data folder. They appeared after the installation attempt.

Tell me the way you did the installation. You were supposed to launch "H3SW v0.8.1 Installer.exe" like a typical EXE application, set up the installation directory (see image) and be done with it.

Succession Wars v 0.8.1 Beta Installation Issue TYrFbP7
Back to top Go down
Blackmore
Skeleton
Skeleton
Blackmore

PostSubject: Re: Succession Wars v 0.8.1 Beta Installation Issue   Succession Wars v 0.8.1 Beta Installation Issue Icon_minitime2019-10-07, 02:07

That is exactly what I did! Ok, so I decided to unpack the files via the installer, into an entirely different directory to check the file structure. I end up with the "_Install_", "Data", "Help" and "Tools" catalogs. After browsing the files, I found that the h3sw executable is present within the "Root" catalog. Not sure what to do from that point on.
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: Succession Wars v 0.8.1 Beta Installation Issue   Succession Wars v 0.8.1 Beta Installation Issue Icon_minitime2019-10-07, 02:15

For some reason, the archive scripts are not executed, so the archive is simply unpacked as if it was a WinRAR archive.

Perhaps, any kind of specific settings can work. Try setting Windows XP SP3 compatibility settings and see what happens.
Back to top Go down
Blackmore
Skeleton
Skeleton
Blackmore

PostSubject: Re: Succession Wars v 0.8.1 Beta Installation Issue   Succession Wars v 0.8.1 Beta Installation Issue Icon_minitime2019-10-07, 02:31

This is weird, I just tried to install the mod using the compatibility mode for XP SP3, after choosing the path the installer simply shuts down. The Windows 7 compatibility mode seems to work, but the results are the same.
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: Succession Wars v 0.8.1 Beta Installation Issue   Succession Wars v 0.8.1 Beta Installation Issue Icon_minitime2019-10-07, 02:35

What about the antivirus? Maybe it is the thing that blocks the archive scripts.
Back to top Go down
Blackmore
Skeleton
Skeleton
Blackmore

PostSubject: Re: Succession Wars v 0.8.1 Beta Installation Issue   Succession Wars v 0.8.1 Beta Installation Issue Icon_minitime2019-10-07, 03:14

I shut down the antivirus software file protection options, the only thing left on is the WWW protection.
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: Succession Wars v 0.8.1 Beta Installation Issue   Succession Wars v 0.8.1 Beta Installation Issue Icon_minitime2019-10-07, 05:42

I suspect something might be related to Data Execution Prevention (DEP) settings. Try to find it in the Control Panel or somewhere else (depends on the operating system). You are the first to experience such kind of problems, so I suspect we might stop at simply sending you the unpacked version of the game+mod directory. Should work fine anytime.
Back to top Go down
Blackmore
Skeleton
Skeleton
Blackmore

PostSubject: Re: Succession Wars v 0.8.1 Beta Installation Issue   Succession Wars v 0.8.1 Beta Installation Issue Icon_minitime2019-10-07, 08:12

That would be great, I would be most obligated. Also, I shall examine the DEP settings.

Just a small update: I have checked the DEP settings, the thing is, Windows 10 does not allow me to turn off DEP for the installer. It's not about administrator access or privileges, the OS itself says that this particular application requires DEP to be on. Weird.
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: Succession Wars v 0.8.1 Beta Installation Issue   Succession Wars v 0.8.1 Beta Installation Issue Icon_minitime2019-10-08, 02:16

I've heard about such kind of problems on Win10. I guess, it's easier to send unpacked mod files since they do not touch the original game. Check your PM in a few hours. Since you are the first to report such kind of problem, we still have chances that it's not going to become fatal for the mod in future.

We wanted to switch to MSI installers for future releases anyway.
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: Succession Wars v 0.8.1 Beta Installation Issue   Succession Wars v 0.8.1 Beta Installation Issue Icon_minitime2019-10-08, 03:19

The archive is sent. Just unpack its contents to your Heroes 3 folder. Report here if you have any problems.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Succession Wars v 0.8.1 Beta Installation Issue   Succession Wars v 0.8.1 Beta Installation Issue Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Succession Wars v 0.8.1 Beta Installation Issue
Page 1 of 1