~ Forums of Enroth ~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~ Forums of Enroth ~

The Enroth diehard fan community

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Songs of Conquest
Townscreen Buildings bugs (Graphical Inconsistency) Icon_minitimeby Blake01 2024-04-07, 15:14

» ...to XP run...
Townscreen Buildings bugs (Graphical Inconsistency) Icon_minitimeby CATMAN 2024-03-30, 03:16

» WARNING - The dreaded moment is here: Heroes 6 servers shutting down
Townscreen Buildings bugs (Graphical Inconsistency) Icon_minitimeby Blake01 2024-03-29, 23:04

» Songs of Silence (HoMM like game)
Townscreen Buildings bugs (Graphical Inconsistency) Icon_minitimeby Blake01 2024-03-27, 16:52

» Heroes Orchestra's 5th Birthday concerts with Paul Romero
Townscreen Buildings bugs (Graphical Inconsistency) Icon_minitimeby rrravyn 2024-03-23, 22:45

» fheroes2 General Announcements
Townscreen Buildings bugs (Graphical Inconsistency) Icon_minitimeby sirDranik 2024-03-17, 23:35

» Photo Gallery
Townscreen Buildings bugs (Graphical Inconsistency) Icon_minitimeby Sir Albe 2024-03-07, 06:57

Poll
Global announcements should be:
Everlasting, 1 for each project.
Townscreen Buildings bugs (Graphical Inconsistency) Redbar110%Townscreen Buildings bugs (Graphical Inconsistency) Redbar12
 0% [ 0 ]
Temporary, when there is something new to announce.
Townscreen Buildings bugs (Graphical Inconsistency) Redbar11100%Townscreen Buildings bugs (Graphical Inconsistency) Redbar12
 100% [ 6 ]
Holalala... No idea where the Ultimate artifact is.
Townscreen Buildings bugs (Graphical Inconsistency) Redbar110%Townscreen Buildings bugs (Graphical Inconsistency) Redbar12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6
Most Viewed Topics
H3SW: General Graphics discussion
Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW
Introduce yourself
H3SW General Discussion
H3SW Map List: Work in progress
H3SW: Dwelling Development
Forum Admins Feed
The Floody Land
Enrothian Fan Art
Heroes III: The Succession Wars v0.8.1 Beta

Townscreen Buildings bugs (Graphical Inconsistency)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Dark Dragon
Skeleton
Skeleton
Dark Dragon

Quality Points : 2
Registration Date : 2015-07-23

Townscreen Buildings bugs (Graphical Inconsistency) Empty
PostSubject: Townscreen Buildings bugs (Graphical Inconsistency)   Townscreen Buildings bugs (Graphical Inconsistency) Icon_minitime2015-08-24, 19:15

Project Ironfist so far has some bug fixes of original game. Would it be also possible to fix townscreen bugs? I mean Centaurs Waterfall in Warlock town and Tavern in Barbarian town.
Back to top Go down
http://www.acidcave.net
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

Quality Points : 843
Registration Date : 2014-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Townscreen Buildings bugs (Graphical Inconsistency)   Townscreen Buildings bugs (Graphical Inconsistency) Icon_minitime2015-08-24, 19:31

The Centaurs' Waterfall is in fact a graphical inconsistency and it probably can be fixed by replacing the appropriate graphic files in HEROES2.AGG or putting the new files in a new AGG file coming with the Ironfist release. Yet, Darmani knows better - perhaps it's easier just to fix the priority of objects for their appearance one over other.

Don't know about the Barbarian Tavern, I remember it being fully okay. But if it's a graphical inconsistency, it probably can be fixed without programming just like described above.

Master Modder
Master Modder
Darmani

Quality Points : 47
Registration Date : 2014-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Townscreen Buildings bugs (Graphical Inconsistency)   Townscreen Buildings bugs (Graphical Inconsistency) Icon_minitime2015-08-28, 09:59

Wait, remind me what this problem is? (I can't check right now.) But, yeah, it's probably just a manner of changing the graphic file.
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: Townscreen Buildings bugs (Graphical Inconsistency)   Townscreen Buildings bugs (Graphical Inconsistency) Icon_minitime2015-08-28, 14:40

Like I featured in my Heroes 2 Museum thread, there are some issues with the Centaur dwelling on the Warlock townscreen. In beta, the cliff was just fine and the waterfall was proper. However, in the actual game something went wrong so some parts of the cliff/waterfall are behind the un-upgraded cliff layer:

Townscreen Buildings bugs (Graphical Inconsistency) EvxDaes

Concerning the Barbarian Tavern, I don't remember any issues and can't check right now as well, so let's wait until Dark Dragon provides more clarification. I'll be available only starting from the 5th of September.

Skeleton
Skeleton
Dark Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Townscreen Buildings bugs (Graphical Inconsistency)   Townscreen Buildings bugs (Graphical Inconsistency) Icon_minitime2015-08-28, 18:03

How it should be:

Townscreen Buildings bugs (Graphical Inconsistency) Barbarian_fulltown2

How it is:

Townscreen Buildings bugs (Graphical Inconsistency) Barbarianfull
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: Townscreen Buildings bugs (Graphical Inconsistency)   Townscreen Buildings bugs (Graphical Inconsistency) Icon_minitime2015-08-28, 18:25

Understood. Hah, really I never realized that the Tavern is so lame. lol

I can actually fix all that manually for you, replacing necessary files in HEROES2.AGG, but I also think it's possible to manipulate for PI.

Skeleton
Skeleton
Dark Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Townscreen Buildings bugs (Graphical Inconsistency)   Townscreen Buildings bugs (Graphical Inconsistency) Icon_minitime2015-08-28, 18:50

Mini fix for all normal H2 games would be awesome Smile.
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: Townscreen Buildings bugs (Graphical Inconsistency)   Townscreen Buildings bugs (Graphical Inconsistency) Icon_minitime2015-08-28, 18:52

We need to collect more mistakes of that kind then. Happy

Skeleton
Skeleton
Dark Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Townscreen Buildings bugs (Graphical Inconsistency)   Townscreen Buildings bugs (Graphical Inconsistency) Icon_minitime2015-08-28, 23:13

I don't think there is more of that kind.
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: Townscreen Buildings bugs (Graphical Inconsistency)   Townscreen Buildings bugs (Graphical Inconsistency) Icon_minitime2015-08-28, 23:25

Well, generally there are many more if we are to consider perspective fails, like with the Knight castle. But we will see, I don't feel myself able to do so much graphic work aside from already online projects.

Skeleton
Skeleton
Dark Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Townscreen Buildings bugs (Graphical Inconsistency)   Townscreen Buildings bugs (Graphical Inconsistency) Icon_minitime2015-08-28, 23:29

I got on my mind only those wrong implemented by creator in game.
Back to top Go down
Unknown_Hero
Mage
Mage
Unknown_Hero

Quality Points : 78
Registration Date : 2015-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Townscreen Buildings bugs (Graphical Inconsistency)   Townscreen Buildings bugs (Graphical Inconsistency) Icon_minitime2015-09-18, 10:06

In the Necromancer castle.

http://speedy.sh/d3z4w/a0760-mausoleum-upg-mausoleum-sprite-position-01.GM1

Load a0760 mausoleum upg mausoleum sprite position 01.GM1

Enter in Sorpigal castle (first castle in the list), switch between Sorpigal and Hilltop screens with the bottom arrows, and look at the Mausoleum buildings, there is a shift in the position of sprites for the non upgraded and upgraded versions.

In the Knight castle, the flag above the door flies behind the right turret. Smile
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: Townscreen Buildings bugs (Graphical Inconsistency)   Townscreen Buildings bugs (Graphical Inconsistency) Icon_minitime2015-09-19, 07:37

I have heard a lot about bugs caused by the inner interface arrows for townscreens. I guess the feature of switching between towns is very much underimplemented.

Mage
Mage
Unknown_Hero

PostSubject: Re: Townscreen Buildings bugs (Graphical Inconsistency)   Townscreen Buildings bugs (Graphical Inconsistency) Icon_minitime2015-09-22, 05:13

Some fixes are available in this thread for the Necromancer castle (Mausoleum) and the Knight castle (flags).
And, some changes for the Barbarian castle (river with the shipyard).

For the Tavern in the Barbarian castle, it's a bug concerning the priority of display, the Tavern sprite must always be displayed over the Left Turret sprite.
It's not possible to fix this by changing the sprite graphics; certainly the same for the Centaur Waterfall.

There is also some flaws in the Sorceress castle screen.

Townscreen Buildings bugs (Graphical Inconsistency) YoUZag7

The "waterbody" sprite is displayed over the Crystal Garden, but it's not the case when the Shipyard is built.

Townscreen Buildings bugs (Graphical Inconsistency) FT3R35u

There is also another bug in the Sorceress castle. The waterbody is always displayed, even if the castle is not located near the sea. :pirat:

In the Necromancer castle, the Shipyard sprite is displayed over the Mage Guild (road); here also a bug concerning the priority of display.

Townscreen Buildings bugs (Graphical Inconsistency) JpEUa91

Townscreen Buildings bugs (Graphical Inconsistency) RDriCDM
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: Townscreen Buildings bugs (Graphical Inconsistency)   Townscreen Buildings bugs (Graphical Inconsistency) Icon_minitime2015-09-22, 05:20

Quote :
There is also another bug in the Sorceress castle. The waterbody is always displayed, even if the castle is not located near the sea. pirat
I guess it's a feature. If you remove water, the left part of the screen will feel empty.

Other than that, very nice finds!

Mage
Mage
Unknown_Hero

PostSubject: Re: Townscreen Buildings bugs (Graphical Inconsistency)   Townscreen Buildings bugs (Graphical Inconsistency) Icon_minitime2015-09-22, 05:53

Quote :
I guess it's a feature. If you remove water, the left part of the screen will feel empty.

I don't know, but this always bugs me when I cycle through the castles to find the right place to build a shipyard. Smile
It's this way for the other towns screens, and they do not feel empty; perhaps add something to the Sorceress castle background to avoid the "emptiness" feeling then (a tree).
Back to top Go down
Unknown_Hero
Mage
Mage
Unknown_Hero

PostSubject: Re: Townscreen Buildings bugs (Graphical Inconsistency)   Townscreen Buildings bugs (Graphical Inconsistency) Icon_minitime2015-09-24, 04:44

The Waterfall is displayed correctly in the Warlock town.

Townscreen Buildings bugs (Graphical Inconsistency) UNHg8Ll

The screens do not feel empty without the waterbody in the Sorceress castle.

Townscreen Buildings bugs (Graphical Inconsistency) SDcg6Y5

Townscreen Buildings bugs (Graphical Inconsistency) FzjuFDU
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: Townscreen Buildings bugs (Graphical Inconsistency)   Townscreen Buildings bugs (Graphical Inconsistency) Icon_minitime2015-09-24, 04:48

Quote :
The screens do not feel empty without the waterbody in the Sorceress castle.

It actually does feel empty Smile

As for the waterfall, it might refer to an older version or even a localisation made by wrong people.

Mage
Mage
Unknown_Hero

PostSubject: Re: Townscreen Buildings bugs (Graphical Inconsistency)   Townscreen Buildings bugs (Graphical Inconsistency) Icon_minitime2015-09-24, 06:06

Orzie wrote:
It actually does feel empty Smile

It's certainly because you are used to see the screen with the defective version.  Very Happy
The shadow on the ground makes a good job at filling the void.

Orzie wrote:
As for the waterfall, it might refer to an older version or even a localisation made by wrong people.

No, it's not an older version, I just take the screenshot with the Ironfist.exe ver 0.8.3; you just have to load a game with a Warlock town, not a castle. Smile
Back to top Go down
Unknown_Hero
Mage
Mage
Unknown_Hero

PostSubject: Re: Townscreen Buildings bugs (Graphical Inconsistency)   Townscreen Buildings bugs (Graphical Inconsistency) Icon_minitime2015-09-24, 06:37

I just checked, and it's a predefined town without the Cave, so the Cave is not displayed (this is why it's correctly displayed). 🤡
The map is Slayer Legacy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Townscreen Buildings bugs (Graphical Inconsistency)   Townscreen Buildings bugs (Graphical Inconsistency) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Townscreen Buildings bugs (Graphical Inconsistency)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
~ Forums of Enroth ~ :: Modding Guild :: Heroes of Might and Magic II: Project Ironfist :: Bug Reports-
Jump to: