~ Forums of Enroth ~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~ Forums of Enroth ~

The Enroth diehard fan community

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Songs of Conquest
Heroes 2 - bug fixes and mod - Page 3 Icon_minitimeby Blake01 2024-04-07, 15:14

» ...to XP run...
Heroes 2 - bug fixes and mod - Page 3 Icon_minitimeby CATMAN 2024-03-30, 03:16

» WARNING - The dreaded moment is here: Heroes 6 servers shutting down
Heroes 2 - bug fixes and mod - Page 3 Icon_minitimeby Blake01 2024-03-29, 23:04

» Songs of Silence (HoMM like game)
Heroes 2 - bug fixes and mod - Page 3 Icon_minitimeby Blake01 2024-03-27, 16:52

» Heroes Orchestra's 5th Birthday concerts with Paul Romero
Heroes 2 - bug fixes and mod - Page 3 Icon_minitimeby rrravyn 2024-03-23, 22:45

» fheroes2 General Announcements
Heroes 2 - bug fixes and mod - Page 3 Icon_minitimeby sirDranik 2024-03-17, 23:35

» Photo Gallery
Heroes 2 - bug fixes and mod - Page 3 Icon_minitimeby Sir Albe 2024-03-07, 06:57

Poll
Global announcements should be:
Everlasting, 1 for each project.
Heroes 2 - bug fixes and mod - Page 3 Redbar110%Heroes 2 - bug fixes and mod - Page 3 Redbar12
 0% [ 0 ]
Temporary, when there is something new to announce.
Heroes 2 - bug fixes and mod - Page 3 Redbar11100%Heroes 2 - bug fixes and mod - Page 3 Redbar12
 100% [ 6 ]
Holalala... No idea where the Ultimate artifact is.
Heroes 2 - bug fixes and mod - Page 3 Redbar110%Heroes 2 - bug fixes and mod - Page 3 Redbar12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6
Most Viewed Topics
H3SW: General Graphics discussion
Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW
Introduce yourself
H3SW General Discussion
H3SW Map List: Work in progress
H3SW: Dwelling Development
Forum Admins Feed
The Floody Land
Enrothian Fan Art
Heroes III: The Succession Wars v0.8.1 Beta

Heroes 2 - bug fixes and mod

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Unknown_Hero
Mage
Mage
Unknown_Hero

Quality Points : 78
Registration Date : 2015-09-06

Heroes 2 - bug fixes and mod - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heroes 2 - bug fixes and mod   Heroes 2 - bug fixes and mod - Page 3 Icon_minitime2021-12-27, 03:54

@Ben80.

Ben80 wrote:
Unknown_Hero wrote:
I had a bug where the AI tries to cast a spell on the Liches troop on which the "Anti-Magic" spell is active: Smile

I will see save file, however, may be you tell, does this bug occur with original game or only with some of my DLLs ?

I don't remember having this bug with the original game.
Back to top Go down
Ben80
Pikeman
Pikeman
Ben80

Quality Points : 1
Registration Date : 2019-09-28

PostSubject: Re: Heroes 2 - bug fixes and mod   Heroes 2 - bug fixes and mod - Page 3 Icon_minitime2021-12-27, 07:47

Unknown_Hero wrote:

I don't remember having this bug with the original game.

Strange that you can't remember. I haven't been playing Heroes 2 for very long, but I know that the original game has bugs related to the failure of some massive/area spells when there is at least one creature with magic resistance.

Unknown_Hero wrote:

I also had the bug of the AI hero casting the "Dispell Magic" spell on the Titans image from the "Mirror Image" spell:

This also probably comes from original game. It is very important to know where exactly the bug is - in the original game or in some of the added DLLs.
Over the next few days, I will try to answer questions about these bugs.
Back to top Go down
Ben80
Pikeman
Pikeman
Ben80

PostSubject: Re: Heroes 2 - bug fixes and mod   Heroes 2 - bug fixes and mod - Page 3 Icon_minitime2021-12-27, 18:28

Yes, I made small investigation concerning recent 2 bug reports:

both come from original game. You can easily check it by deleting plugins.
Also some other bug reports in this topic actually are original game issues.

Thank you for reports about original game bugs.
Back to top Go down
Unknown_Hero
Mage
Mage
Unknown_Hero

Quality Points : 78
Registration Date : 2015-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Heroes 2 - bug fixes and mod   Heroes 2 - bug fixes and mod - Page 3 Icon_minitime2021-12-28, 05:39

Hello @Ben80,

Ben80 wrote:
Yes, I made small investigation concerning recent 2 bug reports:

both come from original game. You can easily check it by deleting plugins.

I had tried deleting plugins, and I wondered if it was not influenced by the save file (as the same actions result in the same reactions during a combat).

Ben80 wrote:
Also some other bug reports in this topic actually are original game issues.

Thank you for reports about original game bugs.

For the "Dispel" spell on "Mirror Image" bug, it's an original game bug, I reported it here.
But I don't remember having the "Anti-Magic" spell bug in the original game with the English version Gold 2.1 or English version 1.3. Smile
Back to top Go down
Ben80
Pikeman
Pikeman
Ben80

PostSubject: Re: Heroes 2 - bug fixes and mod   Heroes 2 - bug fixes and mod - Page 3 Icon_minitime2021-12-28, 05:58

Hello, @Unknown_Hero,

Quote :

I had tried deleting plugins, and I wondered if it was not influenced by the save file (as the same actions result in the same reactions during a combat).

No, save file do not influence combat (in sense that my mods do not put any extra-information into save file - I don't even know the format of H2 save files). Save file contains information about heroes, towns, other map objects etc. I can't even imagine what needs to be written to the save file in order to somehow change the algorithms used in the battle.

Quote :

But I don't remember having the "Anti-Magic" spell bug in the original game with the English version Gold 2.1 or English version 1.3. Smile

This is not an "Anti-magic bug". This is well known interrupt of mass spell/area spell (in this case it was Chainlightning spell) when there is a unit which have magic resistance (resisitance can be provided by Anti-magic spell as well).
You can be sure that this bug is related to the original game.

So, I hope someday I will be in the mood to fix additional bugs of original game (including your old reports for Ironfist Project).

Unknown_Hero likes this post

Back to top Go down
Ben80
Pikeman
Pikeman
Ben80

PostSubject: Re: Heroes 2 - bug fixes and mod   Heroes 2 - bug fixes and mod - Page 3 Icon_minitime2022-02-17, 06:47

Unknown_Hero wrote:

I find that Necromancy no longer has the same "savour" with the modification made. Smile

Ok, I'll raise it to 20% for Expert Necromancy. In addition, I will return 10% for each Evil Shrine.

GodRage and Unknown_Hero like this post

Back to top Go down
Ben80
Pikeman
Pikeman
Ben80

PostSubject: Re: Heroes 2 - bug fixes and mod   Heroes 2 - bug fixes and mod - Page 3 Icon_minitime2022-02-22, 19:27

Updated modules H2_70_AI_Improvements, H2_80_GameplayImprovements, H2_30_BugFixes_Misc.
The H2_48_StrongholdMod module has been deprecated, as it is now included by default in H2_80_GameplayImprovements (increased damage from shooting towers).

Reduced prices for rare resources for the construction of magic guilds 2-5 (each by 1). This is supposed to make the gameplay more interesting and balanced.
Hero classes will be more balanced (Barbarian with Wisdom issues will no longer be so profitable. Knight's starting skill (Ballistics) will become even more important, since in my mod the shooting towers shoot stronger).

As before, a lot of attention in fashion is paid to improving AI. Moreover, the tasks are not necessarily set to "strengthen", but the changes in AI are necessarily considered in the context of making the gameplay more interesting.

All changes can be seen in first post of the theme.

By the way, while analyzing the game code, I noticed that the attacking AI hero loses all movement points in case of defeat (though this code does not work eventually, as movement points are restored in castle/tavern in Heroes 2).
Based on this, I will see possibility to zero movement points in above case.

GodRage and Unknown_Hero like this post

Back to top Go down
Ben80
Pikeman
Pikeman
Ben80

PostSubject: Re: Heroes 2 - bug fixes and mod   Heroes 2 - bug fixes and mod - Page 3 Icon_minitime2023-08-10, 18:10

A new experimental plugin that corrects the change in movement points of heroes.
(only for English version 2.1)

Download

In the original game, movement points (MP) are calculated only at the beginning of the turn (only when interacting with certain objects do they change, for example, thanks to the Oasis).
The plugin immediately (and not at the beginning of the next turn) reduces the amount of the hero's MP if hero gets creatures slower than the slowest of the creatures which hero already has in that day.
The transfer of creatures can be from another hero, from any map object, when the hero interacts with the city. The MP reduction is proportional to the hero's current MP. For example, if a hero's army consists of Elves and then Dwarves are given to him at the start of the turn, then the MP reduction will be 200. But if Dwarves are transferred to the same hero after he has passed half of his daily maximum movement, then the reduction will be only 100.

It would be interesting to explore the implications for the game of using the proposed mechanics. Has there been less "micromanagement" (in fact - abusing) ? Were there significant additional inconveniences ? Has the variety of strategies increased ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heroes 2 - bug fixes and mod   Heroes 2 - bug fixes and mod - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Heroes 2 - bug fixes and mod
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3