~ Forums of Enroth ~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~ Forums of Enroth ~

The Enroth diehard fan community

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Songs of Conquest
[Ironfist ver 1.3.0] Systematic crash Icon_minitimeby Blake01 2024-04-07, 15:14

» ...to XP run...
[Ironfist ver 1.3.0] Systematic crash Icon_minitimeby CATMAN 2024-03-30, 03:16

» WARNING - The dreaded moment is here: Heroes 6 servers shutting down
[Ironfist ver 1.3.0] Systematic crash Icon_minitimeby Blake01 2024-03-29, 23:04

» Songs of Silence (HoMM like game)
[Ironfist ver 1.3.0] Systematic crash Icon_minitimeby Blake01 2024-03-27, 16:52

» Heroes Orchestra's 5th Birthday concerts with Paul Romero
[Ironfist ver 1.3.0] Systematic crash Icon_minitimeby rrravyn 2024-03-23, 22:45

» fheroes2 General Announcements
[Ironfist ver 1.3.0] Systematic crash Icon_minitimeby sirDranik 2024-03-17, 23:35

» Photo Gallery
[Ironfist ver 1.3.0] Systematic crash Icon_minitimeby Sir Albe 2024-03-07, 06:57

Poll
Global announcements should be:
Everlasting, 1 for each project.
[Ironfist ver 1.3.0] Systematic crash Redbar110%[Ironfist ver 1.3.0] Systematic crash Redbar12
 0% [ 0 ]
Temporary, when there is something new to announce.
[Ironfist ver 1.3.0] Systematic crash Redbar11100%[Ironfist ver 1.3.0] Systematic crash Redbar12
 100% [ 6 ]
Holalala... No idea where the Ultimate artifact is.
[Ironfist ver 1.3.0] Systematic crash Redbar110%[Ironfist ver 1.3.0] Systematic crash Redbar12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6
Most Viewed Topics
H3SW: General Graphics discussion
Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW
Introduce yourself
H3SW General Discussion
H3SW Map List: Work in progress
H3SW: Dwelling Development
Forum Admins Feed
The Floody Land
Enrothian Fan Art
Heroes III: The Succession Wars v0.8.1 Beta

[Ironfist ver 1.3.0] Systematic crash

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Unknown_Hero
Mage
Mage
Unknown_Hero

Quality Points : 78
Registration Date : 2015-09-06

[Ironfist ver 1.3.0] Systematic crash Empty
PostSubject: [Ironfist ver 1.3.0] Systematic crash   [Ironfist ver 1.3.0] Systematic crash Icon_minitime2017-07-14, 23:56

Launch Last Stand scenario.
Attack the castle.
As soon as the archers can play, shoot the zombies at the bottom of the screen (the fifth group from the top), this crashes the program.
Back to top Go down
Unknown_Hero
Mage
Mage
Unknown_Hero

PostSubject: Re: [Ironfist ver 1.3.0] Systematic crash   [Ironfist ver 1.3.0] Systematic crash Icon_minitime2018-12-08, 07:47

Whenever a ranged creature shoot at a troop located in any hexagon of the last row (the one at the very bottom of the screen) the program crashes, this is systematic.
This is valid for the human player and for the AI player and even for the AI player against another IA player, or against neutral creatures.
Back to top Go down
DarkAtom
Pikeman
Pikeman
DarkAtom

Quality Points : 6
Registration Date : 2018-02-27

PostSubject: Re: [Ironfist ver 1.3.0] Systematic crash   [Ironfist ver 1.3.0] Systematic crash Icon_minitime2018-12-26, 11:51

Unknown_Hero wrote:
Whenever a ranged creature shoot at a troop located in any hexagon of the last row (the one at the very bottom of the screen) the program crashes, this is systematic.
This is valid for the human player and for the AI player and even for the AI player against another IA player, or against neutral creatures.
Ok, somehow, under some unknown circumstances, it works here.

Script
Map

It is basically a modified version of the Sorrow's End map where I test stuff. I wasn't able to make a save 'cause...game crashes.
First skip all the messages in the beginning and then attack the Ogres. Shoot the bottom-right Ogres with the archmagi and no crash takes place. At least not for me.
Back to top Go down
Unknown_Hero
Mage
Mage
Unknown_Hero

PostSubject: Re: [Ironfist ver 1.3.0] Systematic crash   [Ironfist ver 1.3.0] Systematic crash Icon_minitime2018-12-26, 14:21

I tried you map with the archmagi and the game does not crash for me either.
Indeed, they are the only ones (magi and archmagi) not to use a sprite considered as a "projectile". Their shoot uses an animation in the form of a "ray" that does not use a "moving sprite" as in the case of a projectile. With all the other ranged shooters, the game crashes. Smile
Back to top Go down
Unknown_Hero
Mage
Mage
Unknown_Hero

PostSubject: Re: [Ironfist ver 1.3.0] Systematic crash   [Ironfist ver 1.3.0] Systematic crash Icon_minitime2018-12-27, 02:36

Unknown_Hero wrote:

A clarification on this, I had a crash of the program after watching an AI player attack a troop of archers on the adventure map. I supposed, wrongly I think, that the crash was linked, but I do not think that the crash is related to this because the IA versus IA combats should be only calculations and so there should be no animation during the combats between AI players.
The crash takes place only when there are animations during the combat.
Back to top Go down
Unknown_Hero
Mage
Mage
Unknown_Hero

PostSubject: Re: [Ironfist ver 1.3.0] Systematic crash   [Ironfist ver 1.3.0] Systematic crash Icon_minitime2018-12-29, 05:27

Another precision, the game only crashes in the windowed mode, in full screen mode, the game does not crash. Smile
Back to top Go down
DarkAtom
Pikeman
Pikeman
DarkAtom

PostSubject: Re: [Ironfist ver 1.3.0] Systematic crash   [Ironfist ver 1.3.0] Systematic crash Icon_minitime2018-12-29, 05:33

Unknown_Hero wrote:
Another precision, the game only crashes in the windowed mode, in full screen mode, the game does not crash. Smile

I cannot run H2 in full-screen because I am using Windows 10. The only way I can is by hooking it up to DxWnd. But even under DxWnd it crashes when shooting there.
Back to top Go down
Unknown_Hero
Mage
Mage
Unknown_Hero

PostSubject: Re: [Ironfist ver 1.3.0] Systematic crash   [Ironfist ver 1.3.0] Systematic crash Icon_minitime2018-12-29, 07:09

Maybe you can try this if you want to play in full screen mode.
Back to top Go down
Darmani
Master Modder
Master Modder
Darmani

Quality Points : 47
Registration Date : 2014-12-27

PostSubject: Re: [Ironfist ver 1.3.0] Systematic crash   [Ironfist ver 1.3.0] Systematic crash Icon_minitime2018-12-31, 16:26

Noted.
Back to top Go down
DarkAtom
Pikeman
Pikeman
DarkAtom

PostSubject: Re: [Ironfist ver 1.3.0] Systematic crash   [Ironfist ver 1.3.0] Systematic crash Icon_minitime2019-01-04, 12:26

Ok, this seems interesting.
Map
Start the map as New Game -> Hot Seat -> 2 Players. Go and attack the Dragon City (it will take 2 turns, that's why you need hot seat). Skip turn with other player. Attack. Titans shoot the Black Dragons on the last row and no bug.

BUT...if you try the same thing to the trolls, the bug will crash the game.

Also, I tried placing some Nomads on the map to test if the game doesn't crash on 2-hex creatures, but it does.
Back to top Go down
Unknown_Hero
Mage
Mage
Unknown_Hero

PostSubject: Re: [Ironfist ver 1.3.0] Systematic crash   [Ironfist ver 1.3.0] Systematic crash Icon_minitime2019-01-05, 05:45

Interesting, I also got the same result.
And I also had a crash in full screen mode during another test. Smile
Back to top Go down
Darmani
Master Modder
Master Modder
Darmani

Quality Points : 47
Registration Date : 2014-12-27

PostSubject: Re: [Ironfist ver 1.3.0] Systematic crash   [Ironfist ver 1.3.0] Systematic crash Icon_minitime2019-01-08, 17:35

This is caused by an error computing projectile graphics in the original game. The original game did not experience this crash because their projectiles are small. In Ironfist, we changed some code to make way for larger projectiles, exposing this bug in the original game. I have committed a fix.

The reason you can shoot dragons is that they're very tall. Specifically, their center is at least 100 pixels from the bottom of the screen.
Back to top Go down
DarkAtom
Pikeman
Pikeman
DarkAtom

PostSubject: Re: [Ironfist ver 1.3.0] Systematic crash   [Ironfist ver 1.3.0] Systematic crash Icon_minitime2019-01-09, 01:35

Darmani wrote:
This is caused by an error computing projectile graphics in the original game. The original game did not experience this crash because their projectiles are small. In Ironfist, we changed some code to make way for larger projectiles, exposing this bug in the original game. I have committed a fix.

The reason you can shoot dragons is that they're very tall. Specifically, their center is at least 100 pixels from the bottom of the screen.

Ok, thank you for fixing it. In which branch is the fix in the repository, though? I want to compile the project myself, but branch master doesn't appear to be fixed.
Back to top Go down
Unknown_Hero
Mage
Mage
Unknown_Hero

PostSubject: Re: [Ironfist ver 1.3.0] Systematic crash   [Ironfist ver 1.3.0] Systematic crash Icon_minitime2019-01-09, 04:30

@Darmani
It's always interesting to know why it does not work, thank you for taking the time to explain it. Smile

@DarkAtom
Maybe that's what you want: Fix crash when shooting projectile at creature in bottom row
Back to top Go down
DarkAtom
Pikeman
Pikeman
DarkAtom

PostSubject: Re: [Ironfist ver 1.3.0] Systematic crash   [Ironfist ver 1.3.0] Systematic crash Icon_minitime2019-01-10, 08:39

Unknown_Hero wrote:
@Darmani
It's always interesting to know why it does not work, thank you for taking the time to explain it. Smile

@DarkAtom
Maybe that's what you want: Fix crash when shooting projectile at creature in bottom row

Thank you, @Unknown Hero!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Ironfist ver 1.3.0] Systematic crash   [Ironfist ver 1.3.0] Systematic crash Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Ironfist ver 1.3.0] Systematic crash
Page 1 of 1