~ Forums of Enroth ~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~ Forums of Enroth ~

The Enroth diehard fan community

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Songs of Conquest
Gold economy and dwarven trasure Icon_minitimeby Blake01 2024-04-07, 15:14

» ...to XP run...
Gold economy and dwarven trasure Icon_minitimeby CATMAN 2024-03-30, 03:16

» WARNING - The dreaded moment is here: Heroes 6 servers shutting down
Gold economy and dwarven trasure Icon_minitimeby Blake01 2024-03-29, 23:04

» Songs of Silence (HoMM like game)
Gold economy and dwarven trasure Icon_minitimeby Blake01 2024-03-27, 16:52

» Heroes Orchestra's 5th Birthday concerts with Paul Romero
Gold economy and dwarven trasure Icon_minitimeby rrravyn 2024-03-23, 22:45

» fheroes2 General Announcements
Gold economy and dwarven trasure Icon_minitimeby sirDranik 2024-03-17, 23:35

» Photo Gallery
Gold economy and dwarven trasure Icon_minitimeby Sir Albe 2024-03-07, 06:57

Poll
Global announcements should be:
Everlasting, 1 for each project.
Gold economy and dwarven trasure Redbar110%Gold economy and dwarven trasure Redbar12
 0% [ 0 ]
Temporary, when there is something new to announce.
Gold economy and dwarven trasure Redbar11100%Gold economy and dwarven trasure Redbar12
 100% [ 6 ]
Holalala... No idea where the Ultimate artifact is.
Gold economy and dwarven trasure Redbar110%Gold economy and dwarven trasure Redbar12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6
Most Viewed Topics
H3SW: General Graphics discussion
Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW
Introduce yourself
H3SW General Discussion
H3SW Map List: Work in progress
H3SW: Dwelling Development
Forum Admins Feed
The Floody Land
Enrothian Fan Art
Heroes III: The Succession Wars v0.8.1 Beta

Gold economy and dwarven trasure

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
YhyJasne
Nomad
Nomad
YhyJasne

Quality Points : 34
Registration Date : 2016-01-21

Gold economy and dwarven trasure Empty
PostSubject: Gold economy and dwarven trasure   Gold economy and dwarven trasure Icon_minitime2016-01-25, 00:17

So, we have heroes 2 creature prices, heroes 2 building prices (which are actually pretty big considering how much gold in h2 there was available per castle) and heroes 3 capitol, treasury and generally h3 maps have better access to gold mines unlike in h2 where mines are guarded by strong units*. There is also castle that doubles the creature growth making camping strategy more favourable, which I would like to avoid, because in this rate it will simply outplay other strategies.

Heroes 2 creatures have also higher difference in power looking at level 1 to 6 creatures.
their growth naturally favours units like dragons making a power turn whenever you build level 6 dwelling like green tower, While in h3 you can do much more with level 1-2 creatures, because you have more natural growth and castle that makes them significant portion of your army (also their stats are a bit higher having 10 health on some units)

I have a suggestion that may work with the mod better, because it wants to combine h2 and h3 strategies being something like heroes 2.5**. I think that castle should give +2 of each creature (and citadel accordingly +1) and capitol give something like +2000 gold in total. In result, we will have diversity in strategies making exploring and camping more of an equal strategy choice and less powercreep between strong and weak creatures (mostly looking at level 1 to 7) which was enormous in h2. The castle and citadel could also cost less gold (and maybe resources).

There is also known tactic for heroes 3 that consists in rushing capitol and dwarven treasury. Will it be available in the mod? Why? why not? How much gold should it cost? Will there be dungeon available to warlock castle? how much gold should it give? and what does statue do?

*unconfirmed, I rely on my memory from h2
**waiting for team to make a statement on general strategy
Back to top Go down
YhyJasne
Nomad
Nomad
YhyJasne

PostSubject: Re: Gold economy and dwarven trasure   Gold economy and dwarven trasure Icon_minitime2016-01-25, 01:16

Also, from earlier version, I remember, there was an major issue with castle and standard h2 growth rate. The level 2-3 creatures were more significant than level 7 creatures to an unplayable level. You simply didn't need to buy level 5+ dwellings, cause lower level were much stronger than higher level, which was really bad. I wonder how is this issue solved in the mod currently.
Back to top Go down
robizeratul
Elf
Elf
robizeratul

Quality Points : 32
Registration Date : 2015-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Gold economy and dwarven trasure   Gold economy and dwarven trasure Icon_minitime2016-01-25, 03:11

first lets see what they will do in the 0.8 version. I guess ballancing is an issue, but not a huge one...there are many important things that have to bedone!
Back to top Go down
YhyJasne
Nomad
Nomad
YhyJasne

PostSubject: Re: Gold economy and dwarven trasure   Gold economy and dwarven trasure Icon_minitime2016-01-25, 03:29

I want to know how the things will look and to open a discussion on the topic. Well those things matter from the gameplay point of view
Back to top Go down
Sir Albe
Mage
Mage
Sir Albe

Quality Points : 452
Registration Date : 2015-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Gold economy and dwarven trasure   Gold economy and dwarven trasure Icon_minitime2016-01-25, 04:06

First I will remind you that a lot of what you mention here was discussed two years ago in the old forum: Link I can tell you so much that it is very unlikely that we will change from castle growth to well growth. The arguments for this can be found in the old thread, but the main problem is that it makes low level creatures useless late game while also making it inevitable to have some classes being much stronger than other. The classic example of this is (as I wrote two years ago) the knight vs. the warlock. Knight have high growth, but weak units individually, warlock has it the other way around with low growth, but strong individual units. If we imagine knight and warlock being equally strong in the beginning of the game, then the warlock will be stronger in the late game, since the well growth gives him a higher procentrage boost of growth than the knight. Thus warlock is far stronger in late game. It wouldn't help to make the knight strong in the early game either, since he would then be much stronger and could clear neutral camps much faster than the warlock, and then gain the upper hand. The main problem with the well growth is, that it is simply not fair for all classes. It is (as said) much better and valuable for the warlock than the knight. You don't have this problem with the castle growth since it gives the same (100%) boost to all classes and the growth of units is not a problem.

About the difference in power between low and high level units I can only say that the last beta had too strong and numerous low level units. It was not always worth to build higher level unit dwellings or even recruit them. This was mainly your point of well growth two years ago, but I assure you that what you will see in the next mod version will be high level units being useful, while still having use of low level units in late game. This is achieved by a simple change of stats and while it has not been tested by other than myself I guarantee that it is much better than before.
Back to top Go down
feanor
Master Modder
Master Modder
feanor

Quality Points : 65
Registration Date : 2015-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Gold economy and dwarven trasure   Gold economy and dwarven trasure Icon_minitime2016-01-25, 04:22

Quote :
we have heroes 2 creature prices, heroes 2 building prices (which are actually pretty big considering how much gold in h2 there was available per castle)
Who said?

Quote :
and heroes 3 capitol, treasury
Who said?
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

Quality Points : 843
Registration Date : 2014-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Gold economy and dwarven trasure   Gold economy and dwarven trasure Icon_minitime2016-01-25, 05:02

It seems that it was me who told this to Sir Albe. Still, the prices and some other stats may change in future - for now we should just have something to start with.
Back to top Go down
YhyJasne
Nomad
Nomad
YhyJasne

PostSubject: Re: Gold economy and dwarven trasure   Gold economy and dwarven trasure Icon_minitime2016-01-25, 05:04

Okay, thanks for reply and correction. I hope the game is well balanced through early-late game as well as between classes. What about gold economy alone and castle cost/capitol rate for a single castle? is it 3000 like the old ideas suggested? Sorry, I forgot about the old topics at the forums, it was some years ago Shocked.
Back to top Go down
Sir Albe
Mage
Mage
Sir Albe

Quality Points : 452
Registration Date : 2015-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Gold economy and dwarven trasure   Gold economy and dwarven trasure Icon_minitime2016-01-25, 05:08

Orzie wrote:
It seems that it was me who told this to Sir Albe. Still, the prices and some other stats may change in future - for now we should just have something to start with.

I am not sure we discussed this. We just talked about creature stats and how it would be nice having the close to the original stats as long as it didn't ruin the balance. The other stuff about building prices, castle/well growth or capitol income was not talked about for years.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gold economy and dwarven trasure   Gold economy and dwarven trasure Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gold economy and dwarven trasure
Page 1 of 1