~ Forums of Enroth ~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~ Forums of Enroth ~

The Enroth diehard fan community

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Songs of Conquest
H3SW: Artifact system Icon_minitimeby Blake01 2024-04-07, 15:14

» ...to XP run...
H3SW: Artifact system Icon_minitimeby CATMAN 2024-03-30, 03:16

» WARNING - The dreaded moment is here: Heroes 6 servers shutting down
H3SW: Artifact system Icon_minitimeby Blake01 2024-03-29, 23:04

» Songs of Silence (HoMM like game)
H3SW: Artifact system Icon_minitimeby Blake01 2024-03-27, 16:52

» Heroes Orchestra's 5th Birthday concerts with Paul Romero
H3SW: Artifact system Icon_minitimeby rrravyn 2024-03-23, 22:45

» fheroes2 General Announcements
H3SW: Artifact system Icon_minitimeby sirDranik 2024-03-17, 23:35

» Photo Gallery
H3SW: Artifact system Icon_minitimeby Sir Albe 2024-03-07, 06:57

Poll
Global announcements should be:
Everlasting, 1 for each project.
H3SW: Artifact system Redbar110%H3SW: Artifact system Redbar12
 0% [ 0 ]
Temporary, when there is something new to announce.
H3SW: Artifact system Redbar11100%H3SW: Artifact system Redbar12
 100% [ 6 ]
Holalala... No idea where the Ultimate artifact is.
H3SW: Artifact system Redbar110%H3SW: Artifact system Redbar12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6
Most Viewed Topics
H3SW: General Graphics discussion
Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW
Introduce yourself
H3SW General Discussion
H3SW Map List: Work in progress
H3SW: Dwelling Development
Forum Admins Feed
The Floody Land
Enrothian Fan Art
Heroes III: The Succession Wars v0.8.1 Beta

H3SW: Artifact system

Go down 
+7
feanor
Ragoon
robizeratul
rrravyn
majaczek
YhyJasne
Hiro
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

Quality Points : 843
Registration Date : 2014-12-12

H3SW: Artifact system Empty
PostSubject: H3SW: Artifact system   H3SW: Artifact system Icon_minitime2015-02-07, 18:20

Now we present the new artifact system to be included in the next mod release.

The main point of this system is its hybrid approach, where we can see H3 character doll and a somewhat modified version of H2 backpack, now represented by 6 Miscellaneous slots. Any artifact is available to be put in the Misc slot, and certain artifacts also have their "official" places on the character doll.

Note that H2 artifacts don't follow the H3 artifact system where Breastplates give Spell Power and Helmets give Knowledge. Also, it is notable that this hybrid system is intended to allow players to devise more complex strategic builds for different game situations.

A new video is being prepared for the mod official YouTube channel showing the new artifact system in action.

H3SW: Artifact system AmNQFzO

Last edited by Orzie on 2015-08-04, 01:42; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hiro
Skeleton
Skeleton
Hiro

Quality Points : 3
Registration Date : 2015-07-21

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: Artifact system   H3SW: Artifact system Icon_minitime2015-07-22, 19:32

Axes and swords in miscellaneous category? I was skeptical when I saw it for the first time but it seems to be interesting solution. Can we place the same weapon in both sections?
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: Artifact system   H3SW: Artifact system Icon_minitime2015-07-22, 19:45

Not axes and swords specifically. What we thought of is that ALL artifacts could be placed both in their respective inventary slots and Miscellaneous slots too.
This is a somewhat reimplementation of Heroes 2 artifact system where you could carry a lot of swords or helmets to accumulate effect from them. So that you will be able to do that again in H3SW, but your ability will be limited. However, you will still have the Backpack so you will be able to carry around any amount of artifacts you want.

Perhaps an idea of making the inventory slot prevalent over the Misc slot (in terms of additional artifact bonuses) could also make sense.

This new artifact system will allow users to create their own artifact builds for different game situations.

Nomad
Nomad
YhyJasne

Quality Points : 34
Registration Date : 2016-01-21

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: Artifact system   H3SW: Artifact system Icon_minitime2016-01-25, 00:43

What artifacts are gonna be in the mod? For me, h2 artifacts seem more interesting, but it's subjective. what about grail and ultimate artifacts?
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: Artifact system   H3SW: Artifact system Icon_minitime2016-01-25, 05:12

Ultimate artifacts are going to be present. Not sure about the Grail, but the time will show.

Some new artifacts may appear in future.

Gargoyle
Gargoyle
majaczek

Quality Points : 6
Registration Date : 2017-01-14

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: Artifact system   H3SW: Artifact system Icon_minitime2017-01-18, 06:59

would there be combos in SW?
I did some nice combos for my mod and ultimate creature bank with chance of ultimate combo, two lesser combos or a grail (you may get more than one grail structure on a map).

are you have already done the patch for 6th slot and optional placement? I believe Feanor helped here, so i would like to port it back to emerald 3 Smile
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: Artifact system   H3SW: Artifact system Icon_minitime2017-01-19, 01:19

We currently have only 1 combined artifact - the Battle Garb of Anduran which replaces Titan's Thunder.

feanor
will send you the sources you require. Be warned however, that they cause bugs with combined artifacts.

Nomad
Nomad
rrravyn

Quality Points : 41
Registration Date : 2015-07-30

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: Artifact system   H3SW: Artifact system Icon_minitime2017-01-19, 08:48

Hmm, but what about artifacts with negative power? They were the part of surprise in the system Sad
Back to top Go down
Ragoon
Minotaur
Minotaur
Ragoon

Quality Points : 350
Registration Date : 2016-05-30

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: Artifact system   H3SW: Artifact system Icon_minitime2017-01-19, 08:50

Wydaje mi sie, że ktoś mówił kiedyś, że nie teraz, ale możliwe że w przyszłych odsłonach moda będą Wink

rrravyn
Nomad
Nomad
rrravyn

Quality Points : 41
Registration Date : 2015-07-30

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: Artifact system   H3SW: Artifact system Icon_minitime2017-01-19, 08:53

Zaskoczyłeś mnie tym polskim XD W takim razie trzymam za słowo, to jedna z najpiękniejszych rzeczy w Homm II Smile
Back to top Go down
robizeratul
Elf
Elf
robizeratul

Quality Points : 32
Registration Date : 2015-07-01

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: Artifact system   H3SW: Artifact system Icon_minitime2017-02-01, 06:08

I am thinking about a few things...

1)what if you reduced the number of secondary skills by 2,so u can only have 6. You could make them stronger and heroes would have a more meaningfull choice.

2)whats up with the emtpy place near the specialization ? You could add something there. This might sound crazy, but what if each hero could have 3 specializations? It fits right in. Besides the main and more powerful one you could have 2 weaker ones(or 3 strong ones for special campaign heroes)

This would set them apart a lot! Some ideas (remember each hero can have 2 of these besides the main one)

-starts with 2 bonus primary skills
-bonus movement speed
-no penalty/reduced penalty on certain ground
-starts with  bonus secondary skill
-can upgrade creatures
-srarts with spells
-multiple spell speciality

And so on. U can even make some heroes with a single strong speciality, or just 2.  Logistics is very strong so its fair for the hero to only have a total of 2...

Anyway, this might not be a perfect ballance but i think it could be a lot of fun... anyway i think fun is more important than ballance, this is not an esport after all...
Back to top Go down
Ragoon
Minotaur
Minotaur
Ragoon

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: Artifact system   H3SW: Artifact system Icon_minitime2017-02-01, 08:16

robizeratul, this is very different from H3SW mod goal, so dont count on it.

About the ideas, if you or any programmer would have nothing else to do (what seems unlikely) then it might do for standalone mod.

//EDIT
In the old version that I do have, clicking on special skill will show effect description and clicking on "speciality" will show more lore-friendly description, like why does this hero have this abilities.
Dont know if it will be changed for v0.8

H3SW: Artifact system NdZnLzA

robizeratul
Elf
Elf
robizeratul

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: Artifact system   H3SW: Artifact system Icon_minitime2017-02-01, 09:19

Oh, i see. Sure, its just an idea.

It would fix 2 issues(at least in mt mind). It would make heroes more balanced and reward your choices better. Some heroes have op specialities while others are almost useless...

As for the secondary skills, same applies. To many ate useless for both casual players and pro players, cutting the number to 6 and making some more powerfull might fix that.
Back to top Go down
Ragoon
Minotaur
Minotaur
Ragoon

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: Artifact system   H3SW: Artifact system Icon_minitime2017-02-01, 09:37

I think that during beta we will be able to test the whole system and then will fix and balance things as well as add lacking content, graphics, animations, sounds etc.

But I agree, some are useless and could use some buff (eagle eye, I'm looking at you!)

feanor
Master Modder
Master Modder
feanor

Quality Points : 65
Registration Date : 2015-06-30

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: Artifact system   H3SW: Artifact system Icon_minitime2017-02-01, 09:41

robizeratul wrote:
I am thinking about a few things...

1)what if you reduced the number of secondary skills by 2,so u can only have 6. You could make them stronger and heroes would have a more meaningfull choice.
No. Personally I'd prefer increasing the amount of available secondary skills up to 12 or 16: we need lowering value of choice as in H2, not uplifting.

robizeratul wrote:

2)whats up with the emtpy place near the specialization ?
Just a place for specialization name, like in H3 vanilla (WoG placed there its crude icons for curses, blesses, and emissaries' bonuses)
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: Artifact system   H3SW: Artifact system Icon_minitime2017-02-02, 03:10

rrravyn wrote:
Hmm, but what about artifacts with negative power? They were the part of surprise in the system Sad

The "cursed artifacts" are going to be implemented in the upcoming v0.8 beta Smile

Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: Artifact system   H3SW: Artifact system Icon_minitime2017-11-19, 07:42

Alongside the classic H2 artifacts which are to be present in the mod, we also have a few new assets which may be considered looking good enough to be included. Smile

Here we can discuss the names, effects and text descriptions of these, if we are to put them even in the upcoming v0.8 release.

H3SW: Artifact system XjHfr2e Shield of the Yawning Dead, Defense +3
H3SW: Artifact system W0o5oL4 Crown
H3SW: Artifact system 8Y591kaH3SW: Artifact system AP2WSqh Buckler
H3SW: Artifact system 5fG8Pux Hammer (I suppose Uhm got it somewhere from a H1 asset and we probably can find the source to make a 43x43 version too)

However, please note that if we are to add an artifact to the game, both 32x32 (adventure map) and 43x43 (hero interface, with and without colored background) versions must be created.
The artifacts then can be included in ARTRAITS.TXT replacing the artifacts having the most similar effect; so that feanor will adjust them accordingly.

P.S. What we really need for H3SW is at least a couple of new Boots and Cloak slot artifacts, perhaps even H3 clones like Water Walking boots, but that's for later I guess.

Mage
Mage
Sir Albe

Quality Points : 452
Registration Date : 2015-07-16

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: Artifact system   H3SW: Artifact system Icon_minitime2017-11-20, 03:40

Just one thing. Isn't the buckler sprite from some other game? I remember you said some thing in the direction of it couldn't be used as part of the "Defense" secondary skill, because of that reason. It was somewhere on the old forum I believe.
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: Artifact system   H3SW: Artifact system Icon_minitime2017-11-20, 04:08

No, it comes from Heroes 1, I cut it somewhere from an interface element and drew over it for a few hours. I think I was against using it for the Defense skill because we had other plans for the design by that moment.

Gargoyle
Gargoyle
Figo

Quality Points : 3
Registration Date : 2019-01-06

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: Artifact system   H3SW: Artifact system Icon_minitime2019-03-03, 07:06

I feel like there should be some kind of limit to the best artifacts in misc spots. I had triple Sword of Anduran etc. and could go further with collecting them Wink /on random map/
H3SW: Artifact system Balanc10
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: Artifact system   H3SW: Artifact system Icon_minitime2019-03-13, 03:25

At first we thought it's not a problem, but we just couldn't guess that people will be so eager to play H3 random maps for such a long in-game time. Smile

The reason is partly in the fact that we have less artifacts than in H3 so they are duplicated more often, and so happens for ART4 too.

Anyway, we will need to limit the bonus to one-of-a-kind artifact in such cases. I guess this should solve the problem.

Elf
Elf
robizeratul

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: Artifact system   H3SW: Artifact system Icon_minitime2019-03-13, 23:46

or maybe just make 2 slots special, and the rest should be normal misc slots. I think it's an elegant solution...
Back to top Go down
Ermelloth
Skeleton
Skeleton
Ermelloth

Quality Points : 2
Registration Date : 2019-04-03

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: Artifact system   H3SW: Artifact system Icon_minitime2019-04-07, 23:15

Completely agree with Orzie after Charity's inventory screenshot. Noticed it myself playing on XL maps: the problem is that you can stack too many powerful artifacts of one or two kinds, resulting in gamebreaking imbalance.

Limiting the bonus to one-of-a-kind artifact is a great solution. It will also solve another problem without having to tone down certain spell damage. At the moment Implosion, for example, is too imbalanced, cause heroes can stack Spellpower artifacts and reach 20+ values easily. Consider that most units in H3SW have less hit points, than in Heroes3, but spell damage somehow scales higher, than in Heroes3 (at least it seems so) so as a result you get a stack of, let's say, 150 Crossbowmen halved by one Implosion cast. Therefore, there is quite an imbalance between might and magic heroes in favor of the latter - the way that, say, 20 Spellpower skill easily beats 35-40 Attack skill in combat (cause spells like aforementioned Implosion and Chain Lightning frankly hit for way too much).
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: Artifact system   H3SW: Artifact system Icon_minitime2019-04-09, 05:15

Well, the balance of earlier v0.8 builds is barely existent (like it was in vanilla Heroes 2). Indeed, the magic system cannot stay as it is currently, and future updates will have it somewhat altered, if not reworked/remade.

H3 Random Maps, of course, are the hardest moment for the current balance since they introduce a great deal of valuable artifacts, while on custom scenarios this rarely happens. With the v0.8.1 magics being insanely powerful, this leads to devastating consequences.

Many things are supposed to change in some way in the upcoming v0.8.2 update. I am myself not a fan of "munchkin-styled" gameplay, and I'd like to cut some motivation for the players to try to become too powerful for the game balance to handle. But, classic H3 random maps are generally like that in the original, too. People are just not supposed to camp for 7 months looting the underground, but some people tend to enjoy that kind of gameplay.

What is actually pretty stable is H1-H2-H3 flavor maps, especially H2 maps which are rather comfortable to play even now. The only problem for them is some objects in need of repair, like creature banks.

PostSubject: Re: H3SW: Artifact system   H3SW: Artifact system Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

H3SW: Artifact system
Page 1 of 1