~ Forums of Enroth ~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~ Forums of Enroth ~

The Enroth diehard fan community

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Songs of Conquest
used to work fine; new computer; now slow and weird resolution Icon_minitimeby Blake01 2024-04-07, 15:14

» ...to XP run...
used to work fine; new computer; now slow and weird resolution Icon_minitimeby CATMAN 2024-03-30, 03:16

» WARNING - The dreaded moment is here: Heroes 6 servers shutting down
used to work fine; new computer; now slow and weird resolution Icon_minitimeby Blake01 2024-03-29, 23:04

» Songs of Silence (HoMM like game)
used to work fine; new computer; now slow and weird resolution Icon_minitimeby Blake01 2024-03-27, 16:52

» Heroes Orchestra's 5th Birthday concerts with Paul Romero
used to work fine; new computer; now slow and weird resolution Icon_minitimeby rrravyn 2024-03-23, 22:45

» fheroes2 General Announcements
used to work fine; new computer; now slow and weird resolution Icon_minitimeby sirDranik 2024-03-17, 23:35

» Photo Gallery
used to work fine; new computer; now slow and weird resolution Icon_minitimeby Sir Albe 2024-03-07, 06:57

Poll
Global announcements should be:
Everlasting, 1 for each project.
used to work fine; new computer; now slow and weird resolution Redbar110%used to work fine; new computer; now slow and weird resolution Redbar12
 0% [ 0 ]
Temporary, when there is something new to announce.
used to work fine; new computer; now slow and weird resolution Redbar11100%used to work fine; new computer; now slow and weird resolution Redbar12
 100% [ 6 ]
Holalala... No idea where the Ultimate artifact is.
used to work fine; new computer; now slow and weird resolution Redbar110%used to work fine; new computer; now slow and weird resolution Redbar12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6
Most Viewed Topics
H3SW: General Graphics discussion
Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW
Introduce yourself
H3SW General Discussion
H3SW Map List: Work in progress
H3SW: Dwelling Development
Forum Admins Feed
The Floody Land
Enrothian Fan Art
Heroes III: The Succession Wars v0.8.1 Beta

used to work fine; new computer; now slow and weird resolution

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
phamtrinli
Gargoyle
Gargoyle
phamtrinli

Quality Points : 0
Registration Date : 2022-09-16

used to work fine; new computer; now slow and weird resolution Empty
PostSubject: used to work fine; new computer; now slow and weird resolution   used to work fine; new computer; now slow and weird resolution Icon_minitime2023-03-29, 05:55

fheroes2 used to work great for me. I had a 1440p monitor with a gtx 1080 ti and core i7 8700k cpu with windows 10

But I just bought a new computer https://starforgesystems.com/products/voyager-creator-edition-pro-pc (running windows 11; new monitor is 4k native) and now when I load up fheroes2 (same game files setup as before - latest fheroes2 build 1.0.2 pointing at gog homm2 gold installation) I can't get a resolution where the mouse isn't all tiny and pixelated. Also the program runs really low FPS and choppy where it didn't before.

Any ideas as to what is going on or possible workarounds?

GodRage and dodge like this post

Back to top Go down
phamtrinli
Gargoyle
Gargoyle
phamtrinli

PostSubject: Re: used to work fine; new computer; now slow and weird resolution   used to work fine; new computer; now slow and weird resolution Icon_minitime2023-04-10, 08:34

no reply in 2 weeks? dead forums? D:
Back to top Go down
Sir Albe
Mage
Mage
Sir Albe

Quality Points : 452
Registration Date : 2015-07-16

PostSubject: Re: used to work fine; new computer; now slow and weird resolution   used to work fine; new computer; now slow and weird resolution Icon_minitime2023-04-10, 20:18

phamtrinli wrote:
no reply in 2 weeks? dead forums? D:

No, the forums aren't dead Smile Usually, the fHeroes2 devs come here a couple times each month to post their new updates, so you should be able to hear from them soon.
Otherwise, you can try reaching out to them via their GitHub or Facebook.

GodRage likes this post

Back to top Go down
sirDranik
Nomad
Nomad
sirDranik

Quality Points : 26
Registration Date : 2020-07-29

PostSubject: Re: used to work fine; new computer; now slow and weird resolution   used to work fine; new computer; now slow and weird resolution Icon_minitime2023-04-11, 20:36

phamtrinli wrote:

fheroes2 used to work great for me. I had a 1440p monitor with a gtx 1080 ti and core i7 8700k cpu with windows 10

But I just bought a new computer https://starforgesystems.com/products/voyager-creator-edition-pro-pc (running windows 11; new monitor is 4k native) and now when I load up fheroes2 (same game files setup as before - latest fheroes2 build 1.0.2 pointing at gog homm2 gold installation) I can't get a resolution where the mouse isn't all tiny and pixelated. Also the program runs really low FPS and choppy where it didn't before.

Any ideas as to what is going on or possible workarounds?

Hello!
Sorry for the late response.
Could you please, check, what fps is, when the hero is running over the adventure map.
What resolution do you run fheroes2 on? Was it the same resolution you run on your former setup?
Are you running application fullscreen or in windowed mode?
Back to top Go down
phamtrinli
Gargoyle
Gargoyle
phamtrinli

PostSubject: Re: used to work fine; new computer; now slow and weird resolution   used to work fine; new computer; now slow and weird resolution Icon_minitime2023-04-12, 01:53

I have tried multiple resolutions, including the one I was running it at with my previous setup - 1080p

4k, 1440p, 720p, 800x600,

Also I tried fullscreen and borderless window

Would it be possible to add a size scaled up cursor dependent upon certain resolutions like 1080, 1440, 4k ?
Back to top Go down
sirDranik
Nomad
Nomad
sirDranik

PostSubject: Re: used to work fine; new computer; now slow and weird resolution   used to work fine; new computer; now slow and weird resolution Icon_minitime2023-04-13, 10:05

phamtrinli wrote:

Would it be possible to add a size scaled up cursor dependent upon certain resolutions like 1080, 1440, 4k ?

If you run application fullscreen, cursor should be scaled according to the resolution you've set.
You can also enable software emulated cursor mode in configuraion file (.cfg), so it would be scaled even in windowed mode. You can also choose scaling type there.

Game resolution list mostly depends on your OS and monitor.
Nevertheless, you can set a custom resolution within your OS and then it would be available in game. I personally run game 960x540 on my fHD monitor, so I can get nice widescreen experience, not really tiny objects and even perfect pixel scaling without image being blurred.
Back to top Go down
phamtrinli
Gargoyle
Gargoyle
phamtrinli

PostSubject: Re: used to work fine; new computer; now slow and weird resolution   used to work fine; new computer; now slow and weird resolution Icon_minitime2023-04-14, 01:48

I was doing some more testing and it appears that the frame rate is fine in window mode but when I go full screen it drops to around 20 (consistent)
Back to top Go down
sirDranik
Nomad
Nomad
sirDranik

PostSubject: Re: used to work fine; new computer; now slow and weird resolution   used to work fine; new computer; now slow and weird resolution Icon_minitime2023-04-14, 02:01

phamtrinli wrote:
I was doing some more testing and it appears that the frame rate is fine in window mode but when I go full screen it drops to around 20 (consistent)

Do you mean, that even while hero is galloping, the framerate is still 20?
What cursor mode are you using?
Back to top Go down
phamtrinli
Gargoyle
Gargoyle
phamtrinli

PostSubject: Re: used to work fine; new computer; now slow and weird resolution   used to work fine; new computer; now slow and weird resolution Icon_minitime2023-04-14, 02:07

I took a look at the config file for the first time and set the resolution to 1920x1080x2, fullscreen=off, cursor mode = software, intro = off and started up the game and everything now runs perfectly again as it did before! Smile

sirDranik likes this post

Back to top Go down
sirDranik
Nomad
Nomad
sirDranik

PostSubject: Re: used to work fine; new computer; now slow and weird resolution   used to work fine; new computer; now slow and weird resolution Icon_minitime2023-04-14, 02:19

phamtrinli wrote:
I took a look at the config file for the first time and set the resolution to 1920x1080x2, fullscreen=off, cursor mode = software, intro = off and started up the game and everything now runs perfectly again as it did before! Smile
Great!
For software mode you can turn V-Sync off, which is useless for this mode and it slows the engine down a little bit
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: used to work fine; new computer; now slow and weird resolution   used to work fine; new computer; now slow and weird resolution Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

used to work fine; new computer; now slow and weird resolution
Page 1 of 1