~ Forums of Enroth ~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~ Forums of Enroth ~

The Enroth diehard fan community

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Songs of Silence (HoMM like game)
SW Facebook Page Icon_minitimeby Blake01 2024-03-27, 16:52

» Heroes Orchestra's 5th Birthday concerts with Paul Romero
SW Facebook Page Icon_minitimeby rrravyn 2024-03-23, 22:45

» WARNING - The dreaded moment is here: Heroes 6 servers shutting down
SW Facebook Page Icon_minitimeby Sir Albe 2024-03-22, 07:15

» fheroes2 General Announcements
SW Facebook Page Icon_minitimeby sirDranik 2024-03-17, 23:35

» Photo Gallery
SW Facebook Page Icon_minitimeby Sir Albe 2024-03-07, 06:57

» Polskie powitanie
SW Facebook Page Icon_minitimeby rrravyn 2024-03-05, 04:02

» Heroes II localisation: how to make no-CD patch.
SW Facebook Page Icon_minitimeby kiku 2024-02-19, 02:43

Poll
Global announcements should be:
Everlasting, 1 for each project.
SW Facebook Page Redbar110%SW Facebook Page Redbar12
 0% [ 0 ]
Temporary, when there is something new to announce.
SW Facebook Page Redbar11100%SW Facebook Page Redbar12
 100% [ 6 ]
Holalala... No idea where the Ultimate artifact is.
SW Facebook Page Redbar110%SW Facebook Page Redbar12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6
Most Viewed Topics
H3SW: General Graphics discussion
Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW
Introduce yourself
H3SW General Discussion
H3SW Map List: Work in progress
H3SW: Dwelling Development
Forum Admins Feed
The Floody Land
Enrothian Fan Art
Heroes III: The Succession Wars v0.8.1 Beta

SW Facebook Page

Go down 
+2
Uhm
Ragoon
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Ragoon
Minotaur
Minotaur
Ragoon

Quality Points : 350
Registration Date : 2016-05-30

SW Facebook Page Empty
PostSubject: SW Facebook Page   SW Facebook Page Icon_minitime2017-10-31, 09:15

As you might know (or not ?) the mod has its fanpage on facebook with 1233 likes. 1233 people who would like to know about the mod, hear the news, who would like to play or even help with the development. And it looks like this:

https://www.facebook.com/thesuccessionwarsmod/?fref=ts

Lets start from the begining. There is a link to the old site on the MAIN PAGE (which auto-downloads me some kind of weird file every time I enter with a red virus error) which is abbandoned for over 2 years now.
http://heroes3mod.webs.com/
Then there is the page background image which shows this:

IMG:

I'm not sure if it was planned to become a townscreen (looks like it's made by kivo, am I right..?), but it's such a misinformation!

Every post is after 3-4 months break without any info, any activity. I've asked Orzie before if I can take it and he told me that there isn't anything to post there anyway and denied. Mod SHOULD be out in beta for YEARS, but still we're sitting there and fixing townscreens with minimal results for almost entire time I'm working on the mod. I did a lot of animations and buildings, drawings, I wanted to do more but every time I wasn't allowed to touch and even try anything else because of "too low skill" in Orzie's opinion.

And others were with me, Uhm already said that we've almost everything done even for v0.9. It's playable. Not ideal but playable. AND it is supposed to have bugs, to not be complete products YET. With every post on Facebook there is only one question. WHEN. No any opinions, any discussion. Just a question asked by 1233 people.

Every person on this forum appreciate your work Orzie, your dedication. You lead the english/polish forum and russian community too. But let us take at least that page, fix it, people WILL see and appreciate this. You're not visiting fb, but vk only (fb for russians). You have your life, your work, your band and rarely have time to do the tasks you have taken (A LOT of tasks). I've joined to make it real, to help push the release closer, to play it. But all my work is going to waste right now.

The fanpage and so this forum deserves daily activity. But even there, there are post breaks which can last for a week or more.

And as much as I hate to say it, if it's not going to change I'll just freeze my activity here, cause sometimes it seemd like I'm almost the only active person here together with Albe and robizeratul.

And one last thing. If you're reading this, it's not important if you're a part of the team, just coming by or else.
Please, REPLY to this, write what do you think about the mod situation, about the fanpage and everything I've written about.

Uhm
Vampire
Vampire
Uhm

Quality Points : 477
Registration Date : 2015-07-17

SW Facebook Page Empty
PostSubject: Re: SW Facebook Page   SW Facebook Page Icon_minitime2017-10-31, 09:33

Everything is true. Everybody's are waiting, loosing motivation, counting us. We don't have to realease a perfect mod; we need months or years to bring everything we planned to life. But we've got totally playable and stable version! Why don't we show, what we've made? Attract fresh blood? Especially that we're all getting older and have less and less time.

I will add our raw version of Dervish castle; it's enough for 0.9. The rest is playable and stable; let's put it together and check it! I think, that after all these years we deserve to have some pure fun, not only work Razz

So, my proposition is: work until 1st of December. Make ready to work pack and call people for beta-testing. Fix most important bugs and make a great realease on 1st of January!

EDIT:

Also, I think it would be a good idea to have more Admins on Facebook page, just to show people that progress isn't very fast, but things are going on Wink and share some nice maps and infos from M&M Wolrd Very Happy

Well, Roland, it seems I've won our little contest.  But don't worry. Not only have I decided to spare your life, but I am appointing you monarch of the Western Tower.  Perhaps I will come and visit your splendid court, when you are not entertaining important rats and spiders.
Back to top Go down
metsejadur
Peasant
Peasant
metsejadur

Quality Points : 8
Registration Date : 2017-10-28

SW Facebook Page Empty
PostSubject: Re: SW Facebook Page   SW Facebook Page Icon_minitime2017-10-31, 10:15

I was watching when Ragoon started his "adventure" with this mod and I was very excited about this. I couldn't wait for new creatures, and of course - for end of your work. Now there is little to no new things being done and only from time to time. Work stopped, nothing is happening.

A lot of people which was working here now have their lives and no time for this. This forum need new people. Like me, people who wants to help, or just say what they think about. But they can't come here if they don't know about this place!  

Me and Ragoon found the forum on the Facebook, so the best idea is to reactivate Facebook fanpage, add posts, invite people here. Forum has to show, encourage to join. If we could find it in this way then other people can too Smile

I've just started learning, but I will do my best to help you finish this! (Even if I will be just your motivator lol )

1st January is perfect date to mod's premiere, let's to this guys! Rock!
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

Quality Points : 843
Registration Date : 2014-12-12

SW Facebook Page Empty
PostSubject: Re: SW Facebook Page   SW Facebook Page Icon_minitime2017-10-31, 14:47

I will leave a proper reply in the evening. You are not going to be disappointed, I presume. ☺️

Skeleton
Skeleton
revo

Quality Points : 4
Registration Date : 2015-07-29

SW Facebook Page Empty
PostSubject: Re: SW Facebook Page   SW Facebook Page Icon_minitime2017-11-01, 04:07

There are plenty of people who care about the mod, myself included. I was just studying for my monday chinese exam when I decided to have a minute break and just check out the net, then I saw your post Ragoon and well... I do care enough to postpone learning new characters and type the reply Very Happy

I think the mod is of amazing quality as it is now from what I've seen on the screens. The problem is that it was in developement for so long that most casual players already forgot about it. Im not talking only about your version, but I keep track of TSW since Mr. Kalu original idea which was quite many years ago. What I think is needed is to release mod in a clean, neat package with installator over clean Heroes 3, no WoG or ERA because it only confuses people. Just go the HotA way with simple instalation, high quality content (most is already done) and also good promotion.

Once you release the version contact some famous Youtubers to make lets plays of TSW, get some people to run facebook page (it may not be popular in Russia, but rest of the world is crazy about it, it should be managed properly) and genereally try to attract as many people as possible. I dont want it to end like for example polish VCMI Forge mod, which due to VCMI limitations and lack of proper advertisement is basically all but forgotten now (even though the quality is superb)

I wish you all the best guys, please keep up the work. I can't wait to play the proper 1.0 release in the future, dont make me sad! Smile
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

SW Facebook Page Empty
PostSubject: Re: SW Facebook Page   SW Facebook Page Icon_minitime2017-11-01, 05:26

To consider the beta version playable, we should do the following things.

1. Fix/re-assign the creature sounds (Uhm, please re-check all of them)
2. Fix/re-assign the missile sprites for creatures (same situation except the Witch where the creatures are mixed up)
3. Assign proper portraits for the hero names. Some "new" names will need revision.
4. Finish the Sorceress townscreen, shouldn't take too long.
5. (optional) Make some treatment for the Dervish screen, it should take my time.
6. Make sprites for Dervish Castle/Town as well as for the Witch Town.
7. Finish the main menu, shouldn't take too long.
8. Assign the proper stats to artifacts + remove Palm Heroes artifacts. If someone is going to do it (should be in a txt file), I'll provide the stats. Generally it is twice as more of Heroes 2 bonus with some exceptions, and the artifacts are worn according to the suggested mechanism.

-- however, there are things that don't concern graphics and depend only on Feanor --

9. Fix the rest of the creatures and assign the rest of the abilities.
10. (optional) Fix the townscreen build-orders so that they satisfy Heroes 2 as close as possible.
11. Make a standalone version with an automatic installer.
12. Fix the bug with unrestricted creature upgrades appearing on the adventure map.
13. (optional) Re-assign the artifact effects so that they satisfy H2 numbers.
14. (optional) Weaken the Necromancy twofold like it is done in HotA.

Only after these paragraphs are done, we can say that the mod is playable.

I support 1st January as a release date, but please, no official announcements until points 9-12 are done. Releasing the mod as an Era portable mod should be the least likely measure which we take if all else fails. It's also okay if the announcement is not ever made. I plan to make an official gameplay video prior to the release where the most presentative aspects of the mod will be shown, with the minimum amount of roughly WIP graphics are present.

Facebook page:

Unnecessary information:

P.S. Nice to see you here, metsejadur!

Mage
Mage
Sir Albe

Quality Points : 452
Registration Date : 2015-07-16

SW Facebook Page Empty
PostSubject: Re: SW Facebook Page   SW Facebook Page Icon_minitime2017-11-01, 07:02

I generally agree with Ragoon and Uhm thinking that we need to get the beta out as soon as possible, but with what fixes are necessary for a good and well-functioning version of the mod. Orzie I would like to work on point 1,3 and 8 if I may. Please write a PM to me with what you think we should do Smile
Back to top Go down
Ragoon
Minotaur
Minotaur
Ragoon

SW Facebook Page Empty
PostSubject: Re: SW Facebook Page   SW Facebook Page Icon_minitime2017-11-01, 07:34

I can contact Kivo about the site if you wish.

Also, I would like to work on the main menu screen (point 7) with your instructions and possibly point 8. You can also PM me about how do you imagine puzzle artworks, h1&h2 or h3 style.
If arrows for the new creatures are needed I can prepare them too. And if anything about creatures is needed, just call me.

But what about the fanpage?

Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

SW Facebook Page Empty
PostSubject: Re: SW Facebook Page   SW Facebook Page Icon_minitime2017-11-02, 03:40

Sir Albe wrote:
I generally agree with Ragoon and Uhm thinking that we need to get the beta out as soon as possible, but with what fixes are necessary for a good and well-functioning version of the mod. Orzie I would like to work on point 1,3 and 8 if I may. Please write a PM to me with what you think we should do Smile

Very well, my friend. I will send you the requested information shortly. The design document was made in Russian so it will take me a little while to translate and update the required pages.

Ragoon wrote:
I can contact Kivo about the site if you wish.

Please do that, I hope that he will reply soon. Don't remember if he still uses Polish as his main language due to his location though. I hope everything will go well.
What we need is to ask him to archive the website (probably to add some info to the main page so that people who visit it may still view the older posts but will clearly understand that they should proceed to Forums of Enroth for more recent updates). Honestly, I'd delete the website at all or invented a some kind of redirect link, but perhaps some people who were around for a long time like Sir Albe will be against losing a piece of the project history.

Ragoon wrote:
Also, I would like to work on the main menu screen (point 7) with your instructions

I will prepare a PM for you shortly. The amount of work there is not that large if we won't try to change the perspective of the signs (just like I asked Docent Picolan once, but it turned out that he didn't even have time for his own HotA project): all we will need to do is to fit the actual project logo on the poster just like it was in Heroes 2 plus crop the screen to fit the 800x600 proportion.
When the menu screen is done (Uhm should have already prepared the buttons), we can start updating the FB design.

Ragoon wrote:
and possibly point 8. You can also PM me about how do you imagine puzzle artworks, h1&h2 or h3 style.
Point 8 doesn't require drawing skills, so it's either can be done by you or Sir Albe. Sir Albe has a little more experience with Heroes 3 txt tables, so perhaps he can take that task.

Ragoon wrote:
If arrows for the new creatures are needed I can prepare them too. And if anything about creatures is needed, just call me.
We will need to check if some creatures will require additional missile sprites. As far as I know, the Mystic (Dervish level 2) doesn't have one, and I had a specific idea for him in mind, but that may not work for Heroes 2 style or meet some misunderstanding between the team members.

Ragoon wrote:
But what about the fanpage?
Like I said, if you are eager to develop it even before the release, I can provide you the admin rights. If you have some specific ideas in mind, you can post them here so that we will be able to discuss things. I don't think there will be many arguments, don't worry: I admit that I am really losing the grip on the fantasy side of my life, and the delays between posts are caused by the slower development speed than it once was. It was a really long time ago when I came to the old site back in 2013 and offered my help to Kivo, my whole life has changed numerous times after that.

In VK, where I reside everyday and even do business, there is a H3SW community of 2125 members by this day. People there are more patient and ask various questions about the project, so the interactive part is alive enough there. This is why I was not so concerned about the FB. The numbers you listed are nothing compared to potential numbers after the release when a full-scale promotion would start. Starting a promotion without any kind of release, however, is a worthless effort.

If I would still be able to spend 6 hours a day for the project like I did before, I didn't even concern promoting v0.8 beta because of its roughness. However, with the current situation my attitude may change. Yet, I would still not offer the v0.8 mod to YouTube letsplayers by myself (because I would discredit the mod doing so): if someone makes a letsplay without our concern, it would not discredit us so much. Still, we would have only 3 of 9 townscreens, awful magic system, possible bugs, etc. The official gameplay video will be a video that can be shown freely to anyone because it will be designed in that way so it can be viewable even in the far future without having a scratched eyes.

But like I said, things may change because time flies fast and we really need the game done in a foreseeable future, at least of v1.0.

Mage
Mage
Sir Albe

Quality Points : 452
Registration Date : 2015-07-16

SW Facebook Page Empty
PostSubject: Re: SW Facebook Page   SW Facebook Page Icon_minitime2017-11-05, 10:36

Point 1 is finished. The only real problem regarding the creature sounds is, that we have no fitting sounds for the wasp or toad. All other creatures, original as new ones, have over-all very fitting sounds. I will await your instructions, dear Orzie, before beginning on point 3 and 8 Smile

P.S. to hear the new sounds, get the .snd file from the UpToDateFiles\Mods\The Succession Wars\Data folder.
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

SW Facebook Page Empty
PostSubject: Re: SW Facebook Page   SW Facebook Page Icon_minitime2017-11-05, 22:42

Feel free to use any natural toad/wasp sounds you can find in the Internet, for example these ones:

Toad jump (if the toad is to be made a ground unit, the sound must be made a little more quiet and its length must be adjusted according to the jump animation - we may need to make some tests)

generic frog/toak croak sound (suitable for Getting Hit sound; I suppose a more confident/loud/aggressive croak could be used for other sounds)

etc.
These sounds are not copyrighted so we can always refer to FreeSound.org. They also can be updated in future versions. So, if you have time for this, please find a few croaks and scratches/wing sounds for the respective Toad and Wasp animations.

I am preparing the info on hero portraits/names/specs right now.

Minotaur
Minotaur
Ragoon

SW Facebook Page Empty
PostSubject: Re: SW Facebook Page   SW Facebook Page Icon_minitime2017-11-06, 00:41

Searched for the sounds a bit:

Frog:
getting hit / death
idle / attack

Wasp:
Move / attack
attack / defend / death

Sponsored content

SW Facebook Page Empty
PostSubject: Re: SW Facebook Page   SW Facebook Page Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SW Facebook Page