~ Forums of Enroth ~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~ Forums of Enroth ~

The Enroth diehard fan community

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Songs of Silence (HoMM like game)
HMM2 Multiplayer Announcement Board Icon_minitimeby Blake01 2024-03-27, 16:52

» Heroes Orchestra's 5th Birthday concerts with Paul Romero
HMM2 Multiplayer Announcement Board Icon_minitimeby rrravyn 2024-03-23, 22:45

» WARNING - The dreaded moment is here: Heroes 6 servers shutting down
HMM2 Multiplayer Announcement Board Icon_minitimeby Sir Albe 2024-03-22, 07:15

» fheroes2 General Announcements
HMM2 Multiplayer Announcement Board Icon_minitimeby sirDranik 2024-03-17, 23:35

» Photo Gallery
HMM2 Multiplayer Announcement Board Icon_minitimeby Sir Albe 2024-03-07, 06:57

» Polskie powitanie
HMM2 Multiplayer Announcement Board Icon_minitimeby rrravyn 2024-03-05, 04:02

» Heroes II localisation: how to make no-CD patch.
HMM2 Multiplayer Announcement Board Icon_minitimeby kiku 2024-02-19, 02:43

Poll
Global announcements should be:
Everlasting, 1 for each project.
HMM2 Multiplayer Announcement Board Redbar110%HMM2 Multiplayer Announcement Board Redbar12
 0% [ 0 ]
Temporary, when there is something new to announce.
HMM2 Multiplayer Announcement Board Redbar11100%HMM2 Multiplayer Announcement Board Redbar12
 100% [ 6 ]
Holalala... No idea where the Ultimate artifact is.
HMM2 Multiplayer Announcement Board Redbar110%HMM2 Multiplayer Announcement Board Redbar12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6
Most Viewed Topics
H3SW: General Graphics discussion
Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW
Introduce yourself
H3SW General Discussion
H3SW Map List: Work in progress
H3SW: Dwelling Development
Forum Admins Feed
The Floody Land
Enrothian Fan Art
Heroes III: The Succession Wars v0.8.1 Beta

HMM2 Multiplayer Announcement Board

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
badlemon
Skeleton
Skeleton
badlemon

Quality Points : 1
Registration Date : 2017-01-03

HMM2 Multiplayer Announcement Board Empty
PostSubject: HMM2 Multiplayer Announcement Board   HMM2 Multiplayer Announcement Board Icon_minitime2017-08-02, 06:41

Hey guys. Sorry if I repeat an older thread (in that case, just point me to the existing one and delete this). I was wondering if there is a thread about appointing multiplayer 1v1 and 2v2 matches (casual, not tournament). And do you feel a need for such a thread. I am  personally having problems when I try to organize the few friends who play h2 into a nice 2v2 night. And since most of the h2 players are grown adults with children and a lot of other things going on, such a night have to be previously arranged in time. And I'm always seeking new people to play with.
Back to top Go down
GodRage
Webmaster
Webmaster
GodRage

Quality Points : 228
Registration Date : 2009-09-21

PostSubject: Re: HMM2 Multiplayer Announcement Board   HMM2 Multiplayer Announcement Board Icon_minitime2017-08-03, 08:26

If you are playing by IP, a chatroom is what you need. Especially with 4 players! HMM2 Multiplayer Announcement Board 164599763
But 4 players' games are really long, maybe 10 hours on a small map with people playing under 2 minutes... HMM2 Multiplayer Announcement Board 3293758093
But there is no such thread here so you can manage that in our forums! Smile
If there is enough activity here about online multiplayer, sure we will open a dedicated subforum for that! HMM2 Multiplayer Announcement Board 589285140
Right arrow shadow the part "Tournament Arena" would become "Arena" and then adding subforum "Online PvP" or "Online Multiplaying" or something else (a better name?)...
Right arrow enough activity means almost daily activity, in my mind.

First step is to agree with the version of the game used... I guess Price of Loyalty 2.1 is a good option, but PoL 2.1 can be found only in English and Russian, others players will have to play without their native language... (until ironfist is mature enough to provide multi-language support! HMM2 Multiplayer Announcement Board 164599763 it's my secret hope HMM2 Multiplayer Announcement Board 3822145216 )

badlemon
Skeleton
Skeleton
badlemon

Quality Points : 1
Registration Date : 2017-01-03

PostSubject: Re: HMM2 Multiplayer Announcement Board   HMM2 Multiplayer Announcement Board Icon_minitime2017-08-03, 20:39

Thanks for clearing that up.

I guess I might use chatroom if I have already arranged a match. My problem is the arrangement itself.

As you said a 2v2 player game might stretch up to 10 hours (I've played shorter, though. Gladly, h2 is played faster than h3), so it's a decision that you make ahead in time. There's always the option to just enter some hub like GameRanger and wait for someone to enter your hosted game, but I think there might be a neater solution especially when you know who you will play with.

I'm new to the forums so I don't know how many of the people here like to play multiplayer h2 online. If there is any need in the community for a place where one can post something like "2v2, M, random, on a thursday night, need two players", I'd gladly watch over the thread/subforum. But yeah, there must be some activity. Otherwise it's pointless. So if no one gives a damn, I'll quietly shut up about it Smile

Regarding the version of h2, we can discuss which is the most common one that have the least problems when playing online. I personally am using the GOG version of Heroes 2: Gold (win version) - https://www.gog.com/game/heroes_of_might_and_magic_2_gold_edition -  which is working perfectly with GameRanger. Before its release in GOG all I could see in the internet was people complaining that they can't play h2 online.
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

Quality Points : 843
Registration Date : 2014-12-12

PostSubject: Re: HMM2 Multiplayer Announcement Board   HMM2 Multiplayer Announcement Board Icon_minitime2017-08-04, 01:35

A separate sticky topic in General Heroes 2 section for contacts on GameRanger or other clients allowing to play PvP would be more than enough. See how it's done for Lords of Magic: http://impz.proboards.com/thread/1657/gameranger-accounts.

It's obvious that it's much more convenient to wait for a game in a live chat rather than a forum.

Later on, if there would be a bigger demand, a subforum could be created.

The information left by users could be client (GameRanger, Hamachi, Tunngle, Kali, you name it) account id/number, preferred time of day (UTC), etc. Good thing about GameRanger is that it supports both a lobby and a chat for people to contact.

PostSubject: Re: HMM2 Multiplayer Announcement Board   HMM2 Multiplayer Announcement Board Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HMM2 Multiplayer Announcement Board
Page 1 of 1