~ Forums of Enroth ~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~ Forums of Enroth ~

The Enroth diehard fan community

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Songs of Silence (HoMM like game)
Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Blake01 2024-03-27, 16:52

» Heroes Orchestra's 5th Birthday concerts with Paul Romero
Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby rrravyn 2024-03-23, 22:45

» WARNING - The dreaded moment is here: Heroes 6 servers shutting down
Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Sir Albe 2024-03-22, 07:15

» fheroes2 General Announcements
Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby sirDranik 2024-03-17, 23:35

» Photo Gallery
Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Sir Albe 2024-03-07, 06:57

» Polskie powitanie
Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby rrravyn 2024-03-05, 04:02

» Heroes II localisation: how to make no-CD patch.
Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby kiku 2024-02-19, 02:43

Poll
Global announcements should be:
Everlasting, 1 for each project.
Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW - Page 2 Redbar110%Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW - Page 2 Redbar12
 0% [ 0 ]
Temporary, when there is something new to announce.
Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW - Page 2 Redbar11100%Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW - Page 2 Redbar12
 100% [ 6 ]
Holalala... No idea where the Ultimate artifact is.
Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW - Page 2 Redbar110%Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW - Page 2 Redbar12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6
Most Viewed Topics
H3SW: General Graphics discussion
Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW
Introduce yourself
H3SW General Discussion
H3SW Map List: Work in progress
H3SW: Dwelling Development
Forum Admins Feed
The Floody Land
Enrothian Fan Art
Heroes III: The Succession Wars v0.8.1 Beta

Go down 
+23
robizeratul
Tibor0803
szaman
xxswwxx
AkuAkuIslands
Aescule
Uhm
Sir Albe
Orzie
Ragoon
buffkaz
Baronus
Abekat
Saki
feanor
djenic
GodRage
NikitaTheTanner
Radagast82
dude
BoseDrache
Kivo
Orothin
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Sir Albe
Mage
Mage
Sir Albe

Quality Points : 452
Registration Date : 2015-07-16

Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW   Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW - Page 2 Icon_minitime2016-11-21, 21:12

I actually generally prefer the old one. What I do like about your version is the different helmet design (though it should be change in some ways) and the fact that the basic version has the actual bow of his crossbow made of wood instead of metal Smile
Back to top Go down
buffkaz
Nomad
Nomad
buffkaz

Quality Points : 40
Registration Date : 2015-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW   Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW - Page 2 Icon_minitime2016-11-21, 22:09

A kettle helmet. I like it!
I also think it makes more sense for a marksman. Because the other helmet actually limits your vision, while this hat protects your eyes from excessive sun rays.
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

Quality Points : 843
Registration Date : 2014-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW   Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW - Page 2 Icon_minitime2016-11-22, 04:14

A suggestion by Docent Picolan on our DF2 forum branch. Again lack of source image in PNG is incredibly annoying. Smile

Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW - Page 2 H_1479743881_9774865_5dc8d5e9a9

Mage
Mage
Sir Albe

PostSubject: Re: Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW   Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW - Page 2 Icon_minitime2016-11-22, 04:24

Looks better overall, but I think the stirrup should be removed as BoseDrache said. Also the smoothing of the armor is better now.
Back to top Go down
Uhm
Vampire
Vampire
Uhm

Quality Points : 477
Registration Date : 2015-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW   Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW - Page 2 Icon_minitime2016-11-23, 09:00

Looks fantastic! Thank you for you great job Smile
Back to top Go down
Ragoon
Minotaur
Minotaur
Ragoon

Quality Points : 350
Registration Date : 2016-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW   Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW - Page 2 Icon_minitime2016-11-25, 13:45

I've made new design for the treant, but I dont know if I kept homm2 vibe for it. Any sugestions? What do you think?
It's not final yet.

Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW - Page 2 JHByRZp
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/ragoon97
buffkaz
Nomad
Nomad
buffkaz

Quality Points : 40
Registration Date : 2015-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW   Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW - Page 2 Icon_minitime2016-11-25, 20:47

Ragoon wrote:
I've made new design for the treant, but I dont know if I kept homm2 vibe for it. Any sugestions? What do you think?
It's not final yet.

Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW - Page 2 JHByRZp

I absolutely love it. Especially the third one. It's ten times more badass.
But I guess you're right about the H2-vibe. He's too 'smooth' I think. The pixels need more contrast if you ask me...
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW   Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW - Page 2 Icon_minitime2016-11-26, 02:58

Very nice job!  Positive moral  Don't worry about the color transitions, I'll do my best for this piece. Still, if you have something more in plans for this concept, I can draw something else ,because we've still got a shitload of other things to do.

I especially like the arms and the face, seems innovational but still fitting for the concept of H2. Concerning the eyes, I can't decide because both yellow and red seem good. Probably, yellow will fit more due to the neutral-evil character of the Witch class, and red is standing out too much for the current lineup (I'm gonna improve the Lizardman and some other concepts, too).

So, now we have other vacancies for the Witch dwellings (save for the Tribal dwelling you designed which seems to be in an excellent shape), and the Scorpion static form, which may be somehow redesigned to 1) take less place on the battlefield comparable to the Nomad, 2) have more than 1 color - probably yellow+brown+black, and 3) looking a little closer to what you posted before with a tail being somewhat closer to the torso.

Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW - Page 2 Fattai11

...and probably the Barbarian's Harpy (not necessary for v0.8 beta release), which is likely to be re-designed in order to look more like its relative in Might and Magic VI:
Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW - Page 2 Harpy
Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW - Page 2 Harpy_might_and_magic_vi_the_mandate_of_heaven_by_dreamer_in_shadows-d9iae66
Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW - Page 2 Shark_4f71f3fad41c2

Other than that, if you feel inspiration to try anything else, we can discuss it here. I just need some more time to pack my thoughts up and provide a more informative view on what else can be done for the v0.8 beta release to finally come out.

Mage
Mage
Sir Albe

PostSubject: Re: Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW   Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW - Page 2 Icon_minitime2016-11-26, 06:06

Interesting proposal. I think the angle is turned too much towards the viewer instead of the sprite being seen from the side with a little screw to give perspective which is the case of classic H2 creatures. Especially the legs and the head are turned too much. The legs are often standing next to each other pointing forwards (of the creature) and the second eye can never be seen in the static sprite of a creature. As said maybe the contrast should be worked on to make it more sharp. Other than that, it is interesting. I don't know which I prefer at the moment, but I look forward to seeing what you guys come up with Smile
Back to top Go down
Ragoon
Minotaur
Minotaur
Ragoon

PostSubject: Re: Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW   Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW - Page 2 Icon_minitime2016-11-29, 00:14

I've been working on new design for scorpion and came up with this, tell me what you think!
More aggresive pose, legs moved backwards (because previous pose was more spider-like than scorpion) and changed perspective of the back claw. Couldn't figure out right colors and contrast but I think it looks ok now :p

Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW - Page 2 DRd5tKa

PNG:
https://imgur.com/JfUOzkZ
Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW - Page 2 JfUOzkZ
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW   Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW - Page 2 Icon_minitime2016-11-29, 02:10

Good work! The posture seems to be close to what we're looking for, but the lighting and color transitions still require massive overhaul. The upper body part should at least have been made brighter than the lower one, similar to the previous version.

P.S. I'll get back to the list I promised you in the following couple of days. Got massive problems IRL with the education and stuff.

Minotaur
Minotaur
Ragoon

PostSubject: Re: Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW   Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW - Page 2 Icon_minitime2016-11-29, 02:32

Tried to recreate these:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW   Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW - Page 2 Icon_minitime2016-12-01, 20:31

Alright. I'll be back in the saddle today's evening and send you the info I promised. Thank you for patience, sometimes IRL stuff gets me.

I'll try to post my suggestion for the Scorpion in this thread a little later, too.

Minotaur
Minotaur
Ragoon

PostSubject: Re: Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW   Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW - Page 2 Icon_minitime2016-12-09, 12:35

My take on the harpy, tell me what to improve

Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW - Page 2 HVTaYaM
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW   Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW - Page 2 Icon_minitime2016-12-09, 16:58

Excellent job! You've nailed H2 atmosphere pretty much in this piece. Although the Harpy now looks too pretty like a Sorceress, I don't want to change anything in it to be honest.

I like pretty girls.  lol

Let's check how it fits to the lineup, and...

Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW - Page 2 EcvO1KT

10/10.

Jokes aside, there is a point which still needs attention. It is the wings which were frankensteined from the Griffin by the previous team. However, the current form is really fitting to the lineup and I can't say right now whether we are able to change the wings without the loss of quality. However, we will need this sooner or later, just compare:

Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW - Page 2 TPnEwb5

Probably, the feathers should be arranged in a somewhat different way, but at this moment I can't suggest the alternative (because I'm at work and using proxy lol).

Last edited by Orzie on 2016-12-09, 20:16; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ragoon
Minotaur
Minotaur
Ragoon

PostSubject: Re: Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW   Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW - Page 2 Icon_minitime2016-12-09, 19:14

It looks like a sorceress, bcause I edited spirite/pixie, changed hair and a bit of body build but I was also keeping in mind that flying creature have to be somehow light. And yes, I used griffin wings, but if everything else is okay then I can spend some time and try to bring it to its final state Smile

//EDIT

Last edited by Ragoon on 2016-12-09, 19:22; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW   Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW - Page 2 Icon_minitime2016-12-09, 19:16

Regardless, it is no less than excellent job. This is by far one of the most fitting new creatures in the project.

I am motivated to bring something here today, too.

Minotaur
Minotaur
Ragoon

PostSubject: Re: Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW   Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW - Page 2 Icon_minitime2016-12-09, 19:23

What do you think about curved dagger/sword/scimitar?
I just realised that I was making harpy's colors to match the warlock rather than barbarian lol
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW   Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW - Page 2 Icon_minitime2016-12-09, 19:33

Ragoon wrote:
What do you think about curved dagger/sword/scimitar?

It can suit well for the upgrade, but for some reason when I put the armed Harpy in the lineup it didn't fit that good. Probably, the Harpy should have 2 such scimitars, 1 in each hand.

Probably, the reason for the lack of fitting is in the very concept of a scimitar itself (since it's an Arabic-styled weapon). Barbarians have more crude weapons (see Goblin with his stick and Ogre with his Axe and even Troll with his/hers stone). There is an exception of the Orc with the crossbow, however.

If you still think in the direction of the armed Harpy, I suggest making 2 more drafts: the 2-scimitar Harpy and the Harpy with 1 or 2 straight daggers. We will need to see which option fits the most.

So far, however, the unarmed form seems already 100% okay for me.

Ragoon wrote:
I just realised that I was making harpy's colors to match the warlock rather than barbarian lol

The Harpy perfectly fits to the Barbarian. Smile
However, there is a nuance regarding the Minotaur which is looking too much like the Ogre in the original. So yes, the gamma is pretty similar in many cases. For the Warlock we have a Beholder from MMVI (i.e. Enrothian Beholder or Agar's Beholder). As you may know, H3 Beholders were modified by Ajit.

I may still need to adjust the beholder for the release though.

Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW - Page 2 ZO34w7E

--

News from DF2 Russian forum branch

UPD. A comment from DF2 forum branch regarding the posture of the Harpy. Axolotl says that he sees somewhat imbalance in the upper part (too small body), but personally I don't see any problems. However, he also mentions the butt which really may become a little more sexier lol

Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW - Page 2 10661065_1473280326288036_704143789_n

1-2 more pixels wideness for the butt should be enough I think.

Axolotl also suggests trying to make a wider stance for the Harpy, but personally I am okay with the current state.

Last edited by Orzie on 2016-12-09, 20:15; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW   Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW - Page 2 Icon_minitime2016-12-09, 19:50

One more thought from DF2 forum which is in general very rational: we will require to prolong the wings and update the stance/butt for the reason of visual enlargement. The Harpy is not so massive for a 4th level creature, while the said Griffin is 3rd level and we won't be able to balance it only with statistics.

So yes, probably some prolongation of the wings and the butt/stance update may be very useful. A breast enlargement for 1px won't hurt too, but it's optional Very Happy

Mage
Mage
Sir Albe

PostSubject: Re: Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW   Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW - Page 2 Icon_minitime2016-12-09, 21:00

Interesting version of the harpy. I thought we aimed for a MMVI styled one, but I think this would fit better over-all. I do though have some constructive criticism. I think it generally lacks "mass" for a level 4 creature. She doesn't look strong enough and therefor I also say a few extra kilos here and there might benefit her. Secondly, I think the leg posture should be closer to the old one. Harpies typically has a crouching position, so that they are ready to "takeoff" Smile Then I wonder if she is too cute looking in terms of being in the barbarian castle, but I don't know if it is a problem. Lastly, does she have shoulder pads or is it just a few misplaced pixels to the right of her head. Generally I think this is a really well made sprite and I again admire the quality of your work.
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW   Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW - Page 2 Icon_minitime2016-12-10, 01:45

Yes, I already mentioned the size nuances.

A draft from Axolotl from DF2 forums:

Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW - Page 2 Harpy1

Doesn't solve the problem fully (and probably too exaggerated), but that can be used for the start.

Vampire
Vampire
Uhm

Quality Points : 477
Registration Date : 2015-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW   Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW - Page 2 Icon_minitime2016-12-10, 02:20

Very good concept, I am up for it! Still, it needs some changes:

She is definitely lacking hips and her thighs would be a 2-3 pixels longer and more massive. As for legs, I would also try to put them in a "heraldic" position, just like dragons and griffin.

As for weapon, maybe daggers made of stone?

Well, Roland, it seems I've won our little contest.  But don't worry. Not only have I decided to spare your life, but I am appointing you monarch of the Western Tower.  Perhaps I will come and visit your splendid court, when you are not entertaining important rats and spiders.
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW   Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW - Page 2 Icon_minitime2016-12-10, 02:21

Probably not stone, but a color similar to the Ogre's axe. Still, an unarmed version doesn't look strange too.

Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

PostSubject: Re: Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW   Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW - Page 2 Icon_minitime2016-12-10, 06:21

More suggestions from the DF2 forum. These ones come from Docent Picolan.

In general, he suggests a more punk style hair and wings (the wings can be used for the working variant, however personally I'm okay with the original hair).
I'm also against moving the Harpy to lower levels, we don't have this luxury. The Wolf must be 1 level higher than the Boar, it's H2 basics.

Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW - Page 2 H_1481306174_3990955_dac0aec31a

Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW - Page 2 H_1481306831_6880551_f79ef258f1

A some kind of hoop:

Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW - Page 2 H_1481306174_2001438_4b5e002a52

Or booze  lol

Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW - Page 2 H_1481306174_5931657_37bdcf08c4

PostSubject: Re: Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW   Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 16Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next