~ Forums of Enroth ~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~ Forums of Enroth ~

The Enroth diehard fan community

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Songs of Silence (HoMM like game)
H3SW General Discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitimeby Blake01 2024-03-27, 16:52

» Heroes Orchestra's 5th Birthday concerts with Paul Romero
H3SW General Discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitimeby rrravyn 2024-03-23, 22:45

» WARNING - The dreaded moment is here: Heroes 6 servers shutting down
H3SW General Discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitimeby Sir Albe 2024-03-22, 07:15

» fheroes2 General Announcements
H3SW General Discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitimeby sirDranik 2024-03-17, 23:35

» Photo Gallery
H3SW General Discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitimeby Sir Albe 2024-03-07, 06:57

» Polskie powitanie
H3SW General Discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitimeby rrravyn 2024-03-05, 04:02

» Heroes II localisation: how to make no-CD patch.
H3SW General Discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitimeby kiku 2024-02-19, 02:43

Poll
Global announcements should be:
Everlasting, 1 for each project.
H3SW General Discussion - Page 11 Redbar110%H3SW General Discussion - Page 11 Redbar12
 0% [ 0 ]
Temporary, when there is something new to announce.
H3SW General Discussion - Page 11 Redbar11100%H3SW General Discussion - Page 11 Redbar12
 100% [ 6 ]
Holalala... No idea where the Ultimate artifact is.
H3SW General Discussion - Page 11 Redbar110%H3SW General Discussion - Page 11 Redbar12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6
Most Viewed Topics
H3SW: General Graphics discussion
Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW
Introduce yourself
H3SW General Discussion
H3SW Map List: Work in progress
H3SW: Dwelling Development
Forum Admins Feed
The Floody Land
Enrothian Fan Art
Heroes III: The Succession Wars v0.8.1 Beta

H3SW General Discussion

Go down 
+50
Ergon
Blake01
ro
Planewalker
DanilaRud015
GREMLMYR
Drago
kuba11
summerloud
qrailer
Nigel
Juas
MartiusR
luk3Z
Werebion
Taiyoumaru
mORISman
number128
daedelus
Drindome
frog-sized-frog
Ermelloth
celebrindae
qlczas_PL
Wayshan
halapli
YhyJasne
Thamiar
xxswwxx
robizeratul
Ragoon
Zadr
Galaad
Radagast82
tanenorther
Maniek123404
Agar
buffkaz
rrravyn
Tibor0803
tophatchild
Uhm
Steven Aus
feanor
Roarkes
Unknown_Hero
Sir Albe
Amicus
GodRage
Orzie
54 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
AuthorMessage
summerloud
Gargoyle
Gargoyle
summerloud

Quality Points : 5
Registration Date : 2022-01-31

H3SW General Discussion - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: H3SW General Discussion   H3SW General Discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitime2022-02-05, 06:27

Death Gate has a bunch of resources and an obelisk behind a magic lamp at coordinates 33:22.

Since the magic lamp doesnt disappear when used, everything behind it is unreachable.

Brave New World has a Mystical Sanctum at 46:62 that cannot be reached.

There was one other location I noticed on a different map, but right now I cant recall what it was. If I remember Ill report back.

GodRage and Sir Albe like this post

Back to top Go down
summerloud
Gargoyle
Gargoyle
summerloud

PostSubject: Re: H3SW General Discussion   H3SW General Discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitime2022-02-05, 19:32

Is there anything I have to pay special attention to while making maps?

Does it matter which version I set in map specifications?
Edit: it seems that this determines which Symbol the Map gets - but I need to set WoG in order to use some objects that I need - is there any way around this? If I set map specifications to WoG, it gets the red dragon symbol (like the map "an unexpected visit") Also, I can't even change it back from that map specification once saving.

Should all the objects in Homm2 be available in the Editor? Im having trouble finding some specific dead trees / shrubs?
Back to top Go down
Sir Albe
Mage
Mage
Sir Albe

Quality Points : 452
Registration Date : 2015-07-16

PostSubject: Re: H3SW General Discussion   H3SW General Discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitime2022-02-05, 21:15

When making the map you should set the version to "In the Wake of Gods" (WoG format). This allows you to use all available adventure map objects. If you have already set the map version to a different format, you can always change it if needed. I will change the finished map into the H2 format, so don't worry about that.

All H2 objects should be available in the editor. Maybe check the swamp, lava, desert or wasteland tabs as these have such objects.
Back to top Go down
summerloud
Gargoyle
Gargoyle
summerloud

PostSubject: Re: H3SW General Discussion   H3SW General Discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitime2022-02-05, 21:28

hhhm, I cant find a particular dead tree, I've been looking through all the objects...
H3SW General Discussion - Page 11 Deadtrees

i also found another bug:
if you right-click on the portrait of the hero "Glerta" in the start screen (for example in the map "Quadruplets"), it shows Rebecca's picture

Also I'm confused about how Elderian's Haste bonus works. To me it seems that it just maxes out speed, right from Lvl1? Isnt that crazy overpowered?
Back to top Go down
Sir Albe
Mage
Mage
Sir Albe

PostSubject: Re: H3SW General Discussion   H3SW General Discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitime2022-02-05, 21:35

Those trees are in the snow objects tab both with and without snow.

Yes, that is because those heroes have a custom portrait, which aren't of their native class.

Hmm, I don't recall the exact mechanism at the moment.
Back to top Go down
summerloud
Gargoyle
Gargoyle
summerloud

PostSubject: Re: H3SW General Discussion   H3SW General Discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitime2022-02-05, 22:44

aaah, snow is the only place i did not look, thanks Smile

Sir Albe likes this post

Back to top Go down
summerloud
Gargoyle
Gargoyle
summerloud

PostSubject: Re: H3SW General Discussion   H3SW General Discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitime2022-02-09, 07:11

I'm done with Vikings!:
https://almaundnela.at/img/Vikings.zip

Next I'm going to do my own map... working with the Editor really made me want to create a XL world for H3SW Smile.

Also - how many people are still active here? If anyone is interested, Id like to do a speedrun competition for Vikings!

Sir Albe likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sir Albe
Mage
Mage
Sir Albe

PostSubject: Re: H3SW General Discussion   H3SW General Discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitime2022-02-09, 07:29

Thank you for the map Summerloud!! Smile

I will take a look at it soon. Also, I would like to give a turn-based speedrun a go Smile
Back to top Go down
summerloud
Gargoyle
Gargoyle
summerloud

PostSubject: Re: H3SW General Discussion   H3SW General Discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitime2022-02-11, 09:10

So I just tried to play my Vikings! map, thinking I was doing really well, until the AI showed up with an army containing 6 cyclops in week 2.

So... uhm... two questions...

Do you adjust the difficulty of maps in any way when converting them to H3SW from HoMM2?
(I'm thinking about putting a Lvl6 neutral monster stack in 12,23 - there is a Lvl2 stack in HoMM2, but this is where the green AI ran straight down to me with an unbeatable army...)

What cheat code can I use to show the whole map in order to assess how balanced a map is (mainly for my new map project)

And maybe one more question, the biggest of all:

Has anyone ever beat Pyramid on the highest difficulty in H3SW?

Either way, I'm gna try Vikings! again now Smile.
Back to top Go down
Sir Albe
Mage
Mage
Sir Albe

PostSubject: Re: H3SW General Discussion   H3SW General Discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitime2022-02-11, 09:50

It can be "necessary" to change some difficulty parameters (as the one you mention) if it is deemed unintendingly difficult or frustrating, however this is always the decision of the map converter or the modding team. Increasing the creature level of a random monster is a good and harmful way of fixing such issues, so if you find it a good solution (and in line with the overall design of the map) then feel free to change it Smile

The cheat codes in H3SW are similar to those of WoG (as the mod is built on ERA, which is built on WoG). To show the entire map use the cheat code: WOGEYEOFSAURON
You can find additional codes here.

I unfortunately don't know the answer to the last question, but I think it is possible Very Happy
Back to top Go down
summerloud
Gargoyle
Gargoyle
summerloud

PostSubject: Re: H3SW General Discussion   H3SW General Discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitime2022-02-12, 05:15

the AI player I was talking about starts out with many creature dwellings already pre-built. I also pre-built a Castle at his town, I think it will also help if I cut back a little bit on pre-built buildings that did not exist in HoMM2...

Either way I ll playtest my map again, so feel free to wait with the conversion as I might make some more adjustments for difficulty.

Back to top Go down
summerloud
Gargoyle
Gargoyle
summerloud

PostSubject: Movement points   H3SW General Discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitime2022-02-14, 00:22

not sure if this is the right thread but: has there ever been a discussion about the Homm3 style increased movement points in H3SW? I think this alone upsets the balance quite a bit, and while I'm not in favor for going back all the way to Homm2 style movement, where you are basically screwed if you dont have logistics and/or pathfinding, I would be in favor for cutting back on mobility a bit.
Back to top Go down
Sir Albe
Mage
Mage
Sir Albe

PostSubject: Re: H3SW General Discussion   H3SW General Discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitime2022-02-14, 01:12

The v0.8 release of H3SW actually used the original H2 amount of movement points. However, this didn't fit well for many users and proved unfit for maps converted from H3. I don't think there is any perfect solution to this problem, but for now we keep the amount of movements points to H3 standard.

GodRage likes this post

Back to top Go down
summerloud
Gargoyle
Gargoyle
summerloud

PostSubject: Re: H3SW General Discussion   H3SW General Discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitime2022-02-14, 23:11

i guess you cant please all of the people all of the time Smile
Back to top Go down
Sir Albe
Mage
Mage
Sir Albe

PostSubject: Re: H3SW General Discussion   H3SW General Discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitime2022-02-20, 02:03

Hi everyone Smile

I would like to tell you that H3SW is still in active development and that I personally pushes on for a new release within the foreseeable future. I will try to keep you guys updated ever so often here on the official forums. For now, this little picture of one of my favorite maps. Do you know which map it might be? Also, the artifact sprites for ultimate artifacts have been slightly fixed since v0.8.1.
H3SW General Discussion - Page 11 XRjNnX6

GodRage, Jachu and Bajskorven like this post

Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder
Orzie

Quality Points : 843
Registration Date : 2014-12-12

PostSubject: Re: H3SW General Discussion   H3SW General Discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitime2022-02-27, 04:32

Hey, a set of answers for late Sir Albe's message here as promised. Sorry for the delay.

Quote :

I haven't heard much from the Russian branch of the project, so I have a couple of questions:
You talked about some guys whom you are still discussing H3SW with. Who are they? Is Feanor still onboard?
Have you guys been actively working on something, which hasn't been uploaded to the dropbox folder?

Concerning graphics, I had several interface windows in progress on my computer (almost ready H2 PoL select campaign screen in 800x600 with animations), and I think a great deal of upscaled campaign cutscenes for SW and PoL briefings. I upscale them frame-by-frame and then pack via Smacker tool. They might have some weight which is uncomfortable in the current Dropbox size. It is doable to finish that work for the next release.

Aside from WIP graphics, there are some big Photoshop documents with the graphic sources for many artworks, including Ragoon's Main Menu screen.

Concerning programming, I don't think I have anything of value which is not featured on Dropbox. Some experimental plugins from Feanor which I wouldn't be able to remember how to use after these years. Will need some time for getting used to old files when I will be able to start working.

UPD. I remembered that I have the source table for the castle walls/arrow towers patch which is used for editing the siege screen. Might come in handy.

As of now, DrSlash, Feanor and myself are in contact, and discuss something mod-related from time to time. I sincerely hope that we can make the next mod version together. To speed up that process, I decided that we must concentrate on SW/PoL campaigns and some crucial gameplay tweaks which currently make the gaming process much worse - with special attention to artifact stacking and compatibility with HD Mod (which is currently awfully broken, use older HD Mod versions to play). No serious game adjustments aside from that, however. We will also put whatever new graphics we have to the mod, including Uhm's work and the fantastic number of vanilla map conversions by Danila Rud. The guys did a great job.

It's true that times have changed and so did our passion for development. I am especially hesitant about my ability to participate in future because I am starting a music business (well, you've seen a little bit of it). Still, political climate might influence even more on my involvement, I am afraid. Moving from Russia will also take a great deal of time and resources if I decide to do so

Quote :
I have done a good amount of work on the mod the last couple years and I have managed to land an agreement with Heroes Orchestra to use their H2 themes as a separate "music pack" for the mod, which you may have seen in the Dropbox already. I personally met with the conductor of HO last time I was in Poland and he really liked the idea of having their H2 covers in H3SW. Other music packs include PoL and MIDI packs for the respective soundtracks.

Well, I guess it's not a bad thing if it's optional especially if it doesn't blow up the size of the installer executable. I didn't hear the files, and will probably take a listen in the following days.

Quote :
To move on with the project status I would like to ask you if you have considered giving me access to our ModDB page, Facebook, YouTube channel etc. which would allow me to tell people that H3SW is still in active development, which haven't been clear to people according to videos like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-fnKHRYJ5A
I contacted Liso (the author of the video and site) and told him we are still active and he promised me to release a new revised video about H3SW.

I have sent you an invitation on Mod Database so that I can grant you admin rights for the mod page.
Same for Facebook.
I sent you credentials for the Google Account which is tied to the mod's YouTube channel. Thankfully, Kivo was wise even in the early days of the mod so now we have the mod's channel on a separate account. It sometimes changes language to Polish without a reason though. Smile Or maybe I fixed that.

Quote :
On a more personal matter

Thank you very much. I honestly don't know what to expect from future, but at least I'm not in that kind of situation when I don't see it anymore. I guess I was in a kind of depression and/or burnout which vanished or transformed over time.

GodRage, Sir Albe and Mefista like this post

Back to top Go down
Sir Albe
Mage
Mage
Sir Albe

PostSubject: Re: H3SW General Discussion   H3SW General Discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitime2022-07-13, 19:55

Hello all passionate followers of H3SW!
Work on the upcoming version of H3SW is still going on, but I know many of you are looking forward to the next release with all the improvements it will bring. However, I would like to know what you would like to see in the next version of the game? Is there something is something important missing or do you wish somethings were different?
To be clear, these suggestions may not be realistic for us to complete (or relevant for the project at all) before the release, but we will see what can be done. Our goal is to release the next version this year, so we still have some time to finish things up Smile

GodRage and rrravyn like this post

Back to top Go down
GodRage
Webmaster
Webmaster
GodRage

Quality Points : 228
Registration Date : 2009-09-21

PostSubject: Re: H3SW General Discussion   H3SW General Discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitime2022-07-13, 20:22

Sir Albe wrote:
what you would like to see in the next version of the game?
Heroes capabilities all working/fixed. Smile

Sir Albe likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://homm2.free.fr
Sir Albe
Mage
Mage
Sir Albe

PostSubject: Re: H3SW General Discussion   H3SW General Discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitime2022-07-13, 20:32

GodRage wrote:
Sir Albe wrote:
what you would like to see in the next version of the game?
Heroes capabilities all working/fixed. Smile

Are you thinking about Hero specialties? Smile (Most) Secondary skills should be working as intended

GodRage likes this post

Back to top Go down
GodRage
Webmaster
Webmaster
GodRage

Quality Points : 228
Registration Date : 2009-09-21

PostSubject: Re: H3SW General Discussion   H3SW General Discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitime2022-07-13, 20:40

Yes I am talking about Hero specialties Razz
Yeyyy good to know H3SW General Discussion - Page 11 589285140

Sir Albe likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://homm2.free.fr
ro
Peasant
Peasant
ro

Quality Points : 2
Registration Date : 2022-07-13

PostSubject: Re: H3SW General Discussion   H3SW General Discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitime2022-07-14, 04:50

Sir Albe wrote:
I would like to know what you would like to see in the next version of the game? Is there something is something important missing or do you wish somethings were different?
first post here also im a big fan of the project. I would like to suggest that the spell animate dead should work on Anubites. Currently it does not which I find strange since they are based on a god of death and mummification.

PS: you guys are awesome. looking foward to the next patch!

Back to top Go down
Sir Albe
Mage
Mage
Sir Albe

PostSubject: Re: H3SW General Discussion   H3SW General Discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitime2022-07-14, 05:44

ro wrote:
first post here also im a big fan of the project. I would like to suggest that the spell animate dead should work on Anubites. Currently it does not which I find strange since they are based on a god of death and mummification.

PS: you guys are awesome. looking foward to the next patch!

Hello ro and welcome to the Forums of Enroth Smile Thanks for your suggestion and you appreciation!! I might have to disappoint you regarding the Anubites and their special “state of matter” as the Anubite is supposed to reference the Guardians of VARN (See more here) which originate from Might and Magic VI. They have (as far as I know) a mechanical/alien nature and thus are not undead or alive for that matter Smile Thus, the Anubites will most likely stay in this way.

GodRage and ro like this post

Back to top Go down
kuba11
Peasant
Peasant
kuba11

Quality Points : 1
Registration Date : 2020-03-08

PostSubject: Re: H3SW General Discussion   H3SW General Discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitime2022-07-15, 07:55

Thanks a lot for keeping in touch with us Very Happy There were many changes made since the last version, so most of them will need to be checked out by the players while playing. For now, there were 2 things that were bothering during the game: sorcery and the spell system.
I think that damaging spells worked nicely in Heroes 3, they didn't give you as much power as a might hero buffed army, but they gave you more tactical flexibility, so I felt it was a nice balance. In H3SW creatures have significantly less hitpoints than in Heroes 3, so damaging magic is already significantly more powerful. Sorcery giving such a huge boost not only makes it broken, but also becomes a skill that is very overpowered compared to the others. The game really isn't much fun with it and I deliberately skip it on level ups, as I already had too many boring battles where the armies didn't even engage in combat and the heroes were just spamming op spells until no troops were left. I think other people mentioned this too, and I'd give the sorcery e.g. a 10/20/30% boost to spellpower.
The spell system is certainly a huge topic, but it's a core gameplay mechanic and probably should be taken care of sooner than later. Heroes 3 system has its flaws, earth magic being overpowered, air magic being very good and othe magic being situational at best. That's also caused by mass slow/haste, which are a lvl 1 spells that are probably the most useful ones, especially compared to curse etc. In a teaser, we have seen a different approach to the mass spells and a few new spells in general, will that be included in the next version? If so, I think we could have a discussion about this before the release.

That's all, thanks again for your work and for listening to us!

Sir Albe likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sir Albe
Mage
Mage
Sir Albe

PostSubject: Re: H3SW General Discussion   H3SW General Discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitime2022-07-16, 05:10

Hey Kuba11, nice to hear from you again Smile

I completely agree on your two points and fortunately we have already reduced the effect of sorcery to exactly the level your also suggest of 10/20/30% bonus damage, as you can see on the picture below. The skill was greatly underestimated for the last version and I think the current bonus level seems viable, but not game breaking, so that is what we are trying out Smile

As for the spell system as a whole, this is, as you said, a huge topic and we have done a little experimentation as you recall. However, we haven't implemented any permanent changes except a few changes for damage spell cost. The spells still are in the same schools as in H3 and the same spells which have mass versions in H3 also have it in the current version of H3SW. We would like to overhaul the spell system, but unfortunately I think it will be left mostly unchanged for the upcoming release.

Thanks for your kind words!! It is always nice to hear Smile

H3SW General Discussion - Page 11 8LrdVbW

GodRage, rrravyn, Drago and Jachu like this post

Back to top Go down
Drago
Peasant
Peasant
Drago

Quality Points : 0
Registration Date : 2018-05-27

PostSubject: Re: H3SW General Discussion   H3SW General Discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitime2022-08-10, 20:47

Hello, I am very happy that work is in progress on my favorite mod. Can we expect the fully playable remastered campaign of the original Heroes 2 and The Price of Loyalty expansion (I'm looking forward to the most Very Happy ) in the next release? And can we expect to receive promotional screens with new features from the long-awaited version anytime soon before it's fully released?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: H3SW General Discussion   H3SW General Discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

H3SW General Discussion
Page 11 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next