H3SW: General Graphics discussion
Ragoon's Graphics For HoMM3SW
H3SW General Discussion
H3SW: Dwelling Development
H3SW Map List: Work in progress
Dervish Faction General Concept
Enrothian Fan Art
Commanders?
H3SW Recruitment Point - Enroth Needs You!
Серия книг "Земли Меча и Магии"

Share | 

Introduce yourself

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Sir Albe
Vampire
Vampire

Quality Points : 317
Registration Date : 2015-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   2016-01-23, 08:16

Galaad wrote:
I love both games very much, and each of them have some things I like better than the other. In example I prefer the atmosphere/aesthetics/visuals or upgrade system of II, but like better the town trees and battles of III, but it doesn't mean I don't appreciate how these things are respectively between II and III, is just I'd rate 9/10 instead of 10/10 is all. Smile

That is excactly my thoughs Very Happy

Glad to see you back, Orzie! Uhm and I missed you Smile
Back to top Go down
Uhm
Minotaur
Minotaur

Quality Points : 425
Registration Date : 2015-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   2016-01-23, 08:49

Galaad wrote:
I usually never post this kind of stuff, but I feel good in the lands of Enroth so here you go.

I am also not fond of revealing true personality, but I feel I owe you something guys. I will set pen to paper after exams Smile

Good to see you again Orzie, we're back in the game now Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Galaad
Nomad
Nomad

Quality Points : 80
Registration Date : 2015-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   2016-01-25, 14:35

Orzie wrote:
Very nice to see you around, dear Galaad and YhyJasne. I am finally around after real life circumstances and their consequences.

Yes, we have many plans for this forum, yet no special guarantees right now.
I will try to get back to work as soon as possible. I already started promo activities around.

Long time no see, guys Smile
Cheers Orzie, glad to hear you're doing well and kicking ass even from the shadows. Rock!
Back to top Go down
Netheril
Peasant
Peasant

Quality Points : 7
Registration Date : 2016-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   2016-02-14, 01:30

Hello citizens of Enroth

When did you played Heroes of Might and Magic for the first time?

20 years ago, it was the first game i played on a computer.

What HoMM you discovered first?

HoMM 2 and after all that time i am still in love with it.

What HoMM community you frequently visit?

Times to times Archangel Castel, Land of Enroth, Succession War Mod and Heroes Community but this one is the first where i subscribe.

Have you ever made maps for HoMM?

Many but only one finished on HoMM 2.

What others old games do you play?

HoMM 2 and 3, Diablo 2, Space Empire 4, Age of Empire 2, Dungeon keeper and Nox every year, after the list is too long (and booring) to be enumerate.

What do you hope to see / to do on this forum?

Gladly help if i can, since i have no skill in coding or graphics.

What languages do you speak?

I speak French and English.
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder

Quality Points : 659
Registration Date : 2014-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   2016-02-14, 03:24

Welcome to Forums of Enroth, dear Netheril. You know, this community was not planned as solely a home forum for one of the modifications, but rather a narrow-specialized community for the fans of the old. I still believe there are people who miss that atmosphere.

You don't necessarily have to help us, an active participation of the community's life is already more than enough.

Please feel yourself comfortable, what would amaze us the most is the maximum number of people like you. We are still developing, and many things may look raw (like the lack of H2-styled smilies...), but a limited amount of free time matters much.

Netheril
Peasant
Peasant

Quality Points : 7
Registration Date : 2016-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   2016-02-15, 03:29

Hello Orzie and thx for the welcome.

I think poeple wants to help because of their love the the game and maybe had a brick in the wall of the hudge bulding you try to build.

I dont feel the necessity of helping, only the mood but sharing my opinion and say you are doing a really good job, is kind of help too. Smile
Back to top Go down
Daleron
Pikeman
Pikeman

Quality Points : 13
Registration Date : 2016-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   2016-02-17, 11:08

"- Could you point me toward the closest castle to plunder?"
That's how the (Hung)VARNian mercenary Daleron joined a Krewlod war party, on the way to a certain battle, with one dumb-ass event titled the Reckoning.

Good day.
My name is Zoltan (Not dat dumb ass from HoMM5, no thanks. I am half as much deluded by demonic charms, though at least dat ugly and intimidating. I like to scare young anime fan chicks by wearing black-spiked gambeson, and waving a longsword with a loud warcry out of my guts.), a quite calm fella.
First of all, thanks for all of your work so far. Yeap, i am hiped for a Definitive Release. Smile
I have a history of 15 years with the M&M and HoMM series, and did much of my homework, going back as far as Terra with actualy doing 'em.
I am a goofy cosplayer, and Jack o' Some Trades as i never reached artistic heights in anything, that's practicaly good for a living. Still, if i get something in my mind to creat, i freakin' go for it, even by sweating blood out of my eyes by 5am, if i can pull it out without much graphical work to do. No talent on that department. Damnation!
I can play around with lines to say, or recite poems. At one convention i had been mistaken for an actor with actual skill and knowledge by a two minutes long scene where i almost violated poor conferancier on the grand stage at the prime event. Far-fethced guess, with the level of education... Smile
Well, let's see, what we can get to do with each other.
Ohh, and remember: SHOOT OR DIE! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   2016-02-17, 16:58

Very nice to find more and more people from Hungary! Greetings and salutations, dear Zoltan. This name has a special place in the hearts of some of us. Be sure you will be able to find some MM enthusiasts here lol

A person with an ornate speaking style should add a lot to the atmosphere, I bet. Smile

Sorry that I cannot write much more right now, but I hope you will be able to find something for yourself here. The Fan Fiction section may be of special interest Smile

Daleron
Pikeman
Pikeman

Quality Points : 13
Registration Date : 2016-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   2016-02-17, 21:58

Orzie wrote:
The Fan Fiction section may be of special interest Smile

You betcha. Already checked on the first chapter of a novel of mine from 2012, only to recognise how shitty it is, and up for a rewamp. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   2016-02-17, 22:00

Alright, let's see what you have in your arsenal, sooner or later Smile

GodDamnPeasants
Peasant
Peasant

Quality Points : 2
Registration Date : 2016-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   2016-05-27, 03:14

Started out when i was 4 years old, my 10 year older brother started to show me Heroes of Might And Magic I and II after some banter around the village that someone found a new cool game to play! Been playing it ever since. Knight is and i say IS because i still play it regularly with my cousin every second weekend we have a wholenight marathon of II and III gaming.

The one that i really started to go into was the II The Price of Loyalty as i had that badass Black Box set with the superlarge manual!

Well we have been a closed off group without any community or forum to tend to in my location for many years.

Well i did some maps for HoMM3 but nothing serious

Try me, still own the commodore 64 and a sega megadrive at the moment and loads of other stuff from the DOS era.

Get to know new people and have a laugh!

Norwegian,Some Danish,Swedish,English and a wee bit of Dutch

What else should we ask you?
Well if you are interested in a fun convo my facebook link is in my profile! Smile i hope to get to know many cool HoMM players.
WE NEED TO INFORM THE WORLD THAT SURF AND TURF IS NOT ONLY A DISH!

Just very basic me, if we start off a convo i rarely stop talking!

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   2016-05-27, 17:35

Quote :

And now you've come to the right place. Rock!

Sir Albe
Vampire
Vampire

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   2016-05-27, 20:44

Heja Norge!

Nice to see a fellow Scandinavian here Smile

GodDamnPeasants wrote:

Couldn't agree more Very Happy
Back to top Go down
tanenorther
Peasant
Peasant

Quality Points : 6
Registration Date : 2016-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   2016-06-13, 10:05

Actually, this is the place that I should had posted my first post. Anyway, better later than never. So:

The date goes back to somewhere 1997, I believe. I was 12 or 13 back then.

It was HoMM II: Succession Wars; still the best looking Heroes title so far imo. The third HoMM had that soft, oiled up less colorful look, which was always a bit of a disappointment to me. Also, character portraits looked worse, as did several units in the battlefield. Still, HoMM III had sort of a fine approach to the game by it's art. It was enjoyable. I never did get too well into the new art direction and the world, which came with HoMM V, anyway. It was rather colorful, but the art style otherwise was a bit meh; I prefer the third way over the fifth (2D sprites ftw).
None, really. I do rarely visit Heroescommunity, and probably here in the future, too, because of... well, you know: Homm3SW.

Yup. For HoMM3, mostly. Rarely, and with not so rapid pace since 1997 (maybe something like 18 all together). Many of those are lost due HD failures in the past, and maybe good that way (some of the early were not exactly very good). My very first ones were actually uploaded to Celestial Heavens: "Battle For Blood And Honor", and "Damned River", I don't know who in their right mind would want to play those these days. Not exactly very interesting and detailed maps, at all. Dated and bad. Heh. I'd say that of the maps that I've currently uploaded, 2 or 3 are decent, and 2 or 3 are semi decent; that's about it.

I'vent felt I ever was too good at making complex maps. I'm not too good at writing story, but I think I can make rather well balanced maps for single player / multi-player with several players per map (nowadays, anyway). I've liked to make XL maps, although they take a lot of time. I tend to not fill the maps with as much resources and artifacts, that people generally do, but rather make them a bit more scarce. I go light on the story, usually, and think more about the balance. I've noticed that better you get to know and remember the tileset, the better way you learn to create good looking "themes" to the map, instead of just throwing out random things; I'm not there yet, but I'm getting a bit better. I got 2 HoTA maps (and a few more SoD ones) uploaded on my blog at griffintower.com; if you are interested to try some of them out, I'd appreciate any input, especially for the 2 HoTA ones (which parts could be improved and how, for example). I think that my best efforts trying to make decent maps for Homm3 this far are: "Star Dimension X" (HoTA version, the best theme by far), "Adventure Islands" (HoTA version), and "Forest of The Old Godz" (story is meh, but otherwise I think it's decent map).

More frequently: Jagged Alliance (modded "1.13"), Fallout 1-2, MM6-9, Baldur's Gate 2, X-Com III Apocalypse; also lately: Deux Ex, System Shock 2, Master of Orion 2, Age of Wonders.

"Today we've released Heroes of Might And Magic III: Succession Wars version 1.0, see the new pictures below..."

Finnish, English.

Other interests?
I'm rather fanatic with 80s underground heavy metal, so I listen it a lot, and write sometimes of it to my blog. I do collect that music specifically. I do also write some other blogs, but none too frequently, lately. I do work out around 5-6 days a week, and well, that's pretty much it. I'm a wannabe athlete, heavy metal fan, and Homm (2-3) lover; shabby, ain't it?

I came here pretty much because I loved what I saw and heard about Homm3:SW! HoTA is damn fine mod, and I'm really looking forward to the "new Succession Wars".  
Back to top Go down
http://www.griffintower.com
Energy Y
Skeleton
Skeleton

Quality Points : 5
Registration Date : 2016-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   2016-06-26, 07:44

Hey, my name is Energy Y (known at other forums with through similar names, like EnergyW).

"When did you played Heroes of Might and Magic for the first time?"
It was about year 2000, I believe.

"What HoMM you discovered first?"
It was Heroes III. Was actually difficult for me to play at first, but now there is less trouble.

"What HoMM community you frequently visit?"
Heroes Community, mostly. But I figured there are other places I could visit, like this one.

"Have you ever made maps for HoMM?"
Personal ones only. Meaning I didn't post any other one online. Mostly because I don't think it can match the qualities of other ones.

"What others old games do you play?"
Currently, it's Heroes I. But not the Heroes I you may think. I'll tell about it later. It's definitively something you all could be interested in.

"What do you hope to see / to do on this forum?"
I am not sure what I should see. Maybe some sort of a unity/alliance between all Might and Magic fan sites?
What I do want to do is write about the game I am currently playing, and the one I will play. They are definitively Heroes games, just that they aren't well known among the fans, I think. I may not know everything, though, so I could ask for some support, since those games are based on Heroes I, II and III.

"What languages do you speak?"
My own language and English. I am also supposed to speak Latin. "Supposed".

"What else should we ask you?"
I don't know either. It depends on the situation, I say.
Back to top Go down
Radagast82
Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Quality Points : 6
Registration Date : 2016-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   2016-08-08, 21:14

Hey! Radagast here. xD Oldschool and retro game fan mostly, but I do also love my rpg, tactical/turn based strategy and puzzle games. As long as the mind thinks hard...

So I just wanted to drop by, and say that I've been (silently) following you for years, since Homm (2 and 3) were almost always my favorite games ever. I grew up with Homm2. You can't imagine how impatient me and 3 or 4 of my friends are, especially regarding the Succession Wars Modification release.

Needless to say I've been a huge fan of Might and Magic franchise too (especially VI mandate of heaven), and I've already tried some mods in all of these games during the last decade.

When did you play Heroes of Might and Magic for the first time?

It was Homm2, around 1995-1996 I think, when I got the original box of the game from a grandpa gamer-seller that couldn't play the game due to the fact that he wasn't good in english and could not understand it. Yup, true story. I was 14 years old. I remember that not a single gamer knew about this game at that time, at least in our country. It was like a huge shock, I must have made at least 6-7 people huge fans of it, after discovering how great it was. Those days were CRAZY, so many amazing games, diablo I, Warcraft II, Command and Conquer, Fallouts, Might and Magic VI, Baldur's Gate, Planescape Torment. NUTS I tell you, NUTS. How can anyone study with those around?

Well it's been years, but I've been in many Homm communities till now, I guess however that I was not really active posting in all of those. Maybe in some.

Yup, I have, though mostly "fun" stuff and I don't think I ever published any on the net. They were not that great to share probably.

Too many to count/list here, though I'm certainly not playing as much as I was playing games as a kid or a student. The older we get, the less time we have to play games, sadly. Though I do try once in a while... Smile I still do have a soft spot for good oldschool/retro rpgs to be honest.

Well, my number 1 thing I want to see in the future is the full release of Succession Wars Mod. When that day would come I could even throw a full-fledged party and invite 5-6 of my childhood friends. You have no idea how many hotseat sessions we've done back in the day, in homm.

Well that's a tough question, but I could try to help once in a while by providing my opinion or insights regarding anything to improve these games/mods, gameplay-wise or even regarding balance things etc. I do love theorycrafting. Hopefully my gaming experience could help a bit. At least worth a try, if anyone would care to listen, that is.

I applaud you for all your work, and I do wish you continue bringing us joy in the future by improving these great games even more.

Ouf, that's it. Sorry for the long (first) post!!
Back to top Go down
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   2016-08-09, 18:08

Greetings, gentlemen. It's such a pleasure to see more and more members coming, active enough to leave a word about them.

I hope you find something for you here, for we are indeed a small-sized community, but with a theme special to us all.

Sir Albe
Vampire
Vampire

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   2016-08-11, 03:51

Welcome Radagast82. It is nice to hear that you and your friends look so much forward to the release of H3SW v0.8. I hope you enjoy it when it is released Smile
Back to top Go down
BlackDragon
Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Quality Points : 4
Registration Date : 2016-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   2016-09-04, 01:42

Hi all,

I'm 29 boy from France.
I discovered HoMM2 since it came out. It was my first HoMM played and my favorite forever. By the way its my favorite game.
I then played to HoMM1/3, which i really appreciate. I never like the others ones.

I experimented some strategies on HoMM2.

Till now i was a lonely player but that's not the case anymore, i'm going to going out from my black tower and starting map making, and maybe lua script. I just installed some linux versions and c++ learning.

I created before really tons of HoMM2/3 maps but i had very bad english so i was discouraged thinking about putting some efforts on map which weren't going to be played by no-french people.

Other old games : Secret of Mana, FF1-9, Land of Lore 1, Might and Magic 1-7 (3 and 6 are my favorites ones), HoMM1/3, AOC, sometimes i try and old rpg on emulator or still on it i can do in one day an old zelda/mario.

I play sometimes CSGO and Rappelz (on pserv, it's an MMORPG)

So for this forum i will work on some maps then in a second time i will peek modding.

Last thing, don't worry about my nickame, i'm not coming as someone more special than others, it's just really my favorite creature and i really wanted to pick it Smile
I don't play so much Warlock in HoMM2.

Sometimes in HoMM3 i open map editor and set Back For Revenge on impossible/impossible/no time limit and i launch it with WOG and 4% daily growing creature. I choose Castle and be sure that if you don't blitz early, the 2 guys on the center island will be a matter for you Smile I like to fight far stronger army from IA and winning by abusing it on battle ground.

See you soon Smile

I'm very glad this game got a so nice community Smile
Back to top Go down
Gravorce
Peasant
Peasant

Quality Points : 0
Registration Date : 2016-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   2016-09-08, 07:17

Greeting everyone,

Well the first HOMM game i played was Heroes 2 way back in 96/97, it was a demo and i played it to death! I was so hooked and proceeded to buy the full game. It is just such a great game, ive got a lot of fond memories playing it and i have to say it is probably my favourite of all the HOMM games.
I have played Heroes 1,3,4,and 5 also and they are all good in their own ways but to me H2 is the most fun to play.
Back to top Go down
Sir Albe
Vampire
Vampire

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   2016-09-08, 09:15

Hello Gravorce Smile

I am glad to see you made it here. I agree that H2 certainly is something of its own. That is what we strive for in H3SW Smile
Back to top Go down
Sibernethy
Skeleton
Skeleton

Quality Points : 5
Registration Date : 2017-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   2017-01-08, 11:54

Hi there! I'm Sibernethy. I've been a Heroes 2 fan since the year it came out! I've even met a few of the developers who worked on the game. I have a Youtube channel where I sometimes play the early Heroes games. I'm super excited to be part of a forum dedicated to Enroth. Smile

Now for the questions:

1996, the year Succession Wars came out. I still have the CD. Smile

HoMM2

Celestial Heavens, HeroesCommunity

Only for my own personal enjoyment.

Thief: The Dark Project, Die by the Sword, Warzone 2100, and I used to play Diablo 2 and Starcraft.

Help preserve, grow, and expand the Enroth fanbase. Also to contribute my own talents to the various projects that are on here. I used to be a sound engineer by trade, so I have a big library of sound effects, many of which are magic-related.

English but I also know a little Serbian.

Nothing much really.
Back to top Go down
Ragoon
Minotaur
Minotaur

Quality Points : 271
Registration Date : 2016-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   2017-01-08, 13:42

Welcome to the forum Sibernethy!

So, now time for me  Happy

I can barely remember, I was like 4 years old back then, probably 2000-2001 (?)

It was HoMM2 Gold Edition, the only thing I can really remember is that there was a box full of game cases in the store and my father asked me which one do I like better, race game or heroes game and I choosed heroes Very Happy The other thing I remember is my brother crying because he was scared when he saw the ghost :v

This one only  Ambrose feel it's fu

For my own use, mainly for HoMM3

I used to play some worms and settlers back in the days :p
But now I'm huge fan of dark souls  Rock!
Also love fable, cabal online, assasin's creed

Release of beta v0.8 of H3SW Mod lol

Polish - Main
English - Very good
German - Single words.. sometimes :v

Hm.. I live in Poland in Wrocław. I'm 19 years old, finished school half a year ago. My interests involve games ofc but also graphics, drawing and painting, cooking, science, psychology and sexology.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/ragoon97
Orzie
Master Modder
Master Modder

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   2017-01-08, 19:42

You are very welcome to the Forums of Enroth, friends. I sincerely hope that you will be able to find some special stuff for you here.

Quote :
Help preserve, grow, and expand the Enroth fanbase.
That was my intention from the very start, when I contacted GodRage and we started developing this forum. Although forums don't receive much attendance nowadays due to the invention of social networks, I still hope that we can make this place feeling unique for the genuine Enrothians.

andi511
Peasant
Peasant

Quality Points : 2
Registration Date : 2017-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   2017-01-12, 01:38

Hi everyone!

my name is Andreas and I'm very glad that HoMM still has so many fans 20 years after release.

It must be around 1996. HoMM 2 wasn't released.

HoMM 1. My older brother played it first and soon we started multiplayer-sessions.

Celestial Heavens and of course this one.  Smile

Yes, but just simple ones for myself.

My favourites are Might and Magic 6, Grand Prix 2, StarCraft, Command & Conquer and some german (football) business simulations.

Background information about the development of HoMM and new maps.

german, englisch and some basics in netherlands, spanish and french.

nothing
Back to top Go down

Introduce yourself
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
~ Forums of Enroth ~ :: International Board :: The Tavern-
Jump to: